[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Catching Methods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What would you think of Pokemon offering a more peaceful way to catch Pokemon?

Similar to how GO allows you to increase the catching rate by throwing Razz berries to a Pokemon to increase it's catching rate, you could feed the right kind of berries and using unique tools to befriend them before Using a Pokeball on them.

I'd be similar to how the Safari works, but it would be a feature available anywhere in the wild.
>>
Just make the base catch rate higher, dingus.
>>
>>31683141
It's not about making Pokemon easier to catch, it's about giving the player the option to choose between different play-styles.

The different methods of obtaining Pokemon could lead to different results. Maybe caught Pokemons are better in tournaments while befriended Pokemons do better in Contests, or something in that manner.

Maybe befriending Pokemons takes longer and/or more resources, but yields better results in the long run and makes making them happier easier.
>>
>>31683178
I'd be all for that, as long as the befriending process isn't long and tedious. It fits well with the overall theme of the series too.

I just don't have any ideas on how to implement a system like that.
>>
>>31683178
That'd be pretty dope. You could have multiple encounters with the same Pokemon in the wild, and if you befriend it over time by being nice to it. This process takes longer with low base-happiness Pokemon.
>>
>>31683137
Pelago?
>>
>>31683137
>>31683178
I'd be down for that, I always liked the way you catch things in safari
>>
>>31683137
WHAT ABOUT DRAWING MANY CIRCLES AROUND THE POKÉMON??? THAT TOTALLY WON'T BE TEDIOUS AND TIRING
>>
>>31688876
I was about to say this. But honestly it would be pretty fun to have a ranger option.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.