[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This got me thinking over the past weeks, If pokemons are as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7868.png (58KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7868.png
58KB, 520x390px
This got me thinking over the past weeks, If pokemons are as smart as humans, can they be diagnosed by and I mean LITERALLY autism?
>>
>>31670781
Bump
>>
>>31670781
>pokemons are as smart as humans
Stop this meme. Only some in the ashnime are like this, in game they are no smarter then a dog, or arguably a dolphin. In mystery dungeon universe also yes. And if something is sentient, then yes, they could possess traits that would make them autistic if they were human. However as they have a completely different brain make up, diagnosis would require years of study.
>>
>>31671187
>in game they are no smarter then a dog

Alakazam
Metagross
Arguably Lapras
Oranguru
Various Legendary Pokemon, especially creator-type beings

Before you bring up the '4 moves' argument, remember that humans do not have moves.
>>
>>31671281
Okay, but ignoring pokedex entries (Which have REALLY stupid shit like Magcarge being hotter then the sun or Ponyta having hooves 10 times harder then diamonds), give me a sign of them being smarter then a dog
>>
>>31671294
>ignoring pokedex entries
Now THIS is a meme that needs to stop.
>>
>>31671316
Magcargo is literally hotter then the sun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QGXfA2KEos
woops I pet it. Aw well. That sure was hot
>>
>>31671294
>>31671325
>ignoring one of the main sources of information in the games because of one or two entries with hyperbole
>>
>>31671294
Like overworld stuff?
Totem Mimikyu capable of speech, as well as displaying blatantly human traits and emotions, as it pins Pikachu posters on the wall.
Oranguru in the overworld.
>>
>>31671331
It's not one or two. It's dozens and dozens. It's literally filled in by a ten year old that is why Regice is -200 Degrees celcius
>>
>>31671332
Magpies collect shit in nests, and Monkeys and apes do all sorts of shit. Why would this make you think they have human level intelligence?
>>
>>31671331
the entire pokedex is one giant shitpost
>only a fool would take the stories presented here as fact
>>
File: angrily fixes bowtie.png (262KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
angrily fixes bowtie.png
262KB, 600x900px
>>31671353
The entire Psychic type as a whole kinda flies in the face of that.

Are you seriously telling me that something whose mind is strong enough to use to knock another Pokemon into next Sunday is no smarter than a dog?
>>
>>31671353
its not about collecting shit, its about how it seeks attention and mimics for something other than survival, clearly displaying enough intelligence to understand which is the human's most preferred pokemon, and how its real appearance is though of as hideous by them.

If anything dressing up in less intimidating clothing is counter-productive for survival, if that's all mimikyu was thinking of.
>>
>>31671281
>humans do not have moves
Then why do I know Poison Gas, Harden, Seed Flare, and Pound?
>>
>>31671373
Are you seriously telling me that something who is as smart as a human would listen to a child?
>>31671379
>mimics for something other than survival
A trainer is an ideal position for a pokemon. Food, love and shelter instantly. Sees pikachu being captured by trainers.Symbiosis, Mimikyus Dress like Pikachu, receive food shelter and love, pikachus don;t have to be caught and survive in the wild
>>
>>31671316
it's been a while, Richard
>>
File: Smug face.jpg (62KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
Smug face.jpg
62KB, 600x327px
>Be me Oranguru
>See trainer
>Am intelligent enough to understand language and understand pokeball's are a method to capture me to god knows where and can be used instantly
>Stand and fight for no reason, avoicing the human child would be easy for my superior mind and psychic powers
>Don't run or block anythign as human throws a pokeball, which I could easily move with my telekinesis
>Get caught anyway, for no reason
>mfw
>>
>>31671409
For it to understand that and learn to develop the skill to sew itself a costume requires a high level of intelligence. And as I was saying before, they're not doing it for survival, but for protection. If their real appearance is so ghastly it terrorizes pokemon and people alike, they have no need for trainers since they can frighten and harm predators.

maybe mimikyus were even predators themselves, why lose this for a servant role to a person? because they understand love and appreciation from humans beyond basic needs.
>>
>>31671409
>Are you seriously telling me that something who is as smart as a human would listen to a child?

Well, there's factors like friendship, trust and the like. Have you ever considered that it is because they are smart that they do listen to a child, a child who will eventually go on to canonically perform great feats such as parring with the Box Legendary and becoming the Champion?
>>
File: pokeballstock.png (122KB, 894x893px) Image search: [Google]
pokeballstock.png
122KB, 894x893px
>>31671409
When caught in my Brainwasher 9000, yes.

But no seriously, how do you teach a Pokemon a new move? Via a TM or HM, which simply looks like an optical-storage disc. If you can use technology to beam a move into a Pokemon's brain via CD or DVD, making them obey a child should be a snap.
>>
>>31671439
Bird build nests, a pokemon could "sew" a costume. Actually, it only says it sews in the "Magikarp can jump a mountain tall pokdex" right?
Also, maybe they are jsut being predatory. Luring humans to try and capture them to eat them, using the cloak to shield themselves so they can get them when vulnerable and eat the whole thing.
>>
>>31671455
Ah yes, this ten year old I have just met will absolutely befriend me, and not eat me. NO other animals exist so they need to eat something
>>31671458
But they don;t really run or avoid those do they? Instant capture balls, yet everything stands and takes it aside from abra, wimpod, and roaming legendaries basically right? Why?
>>
>>31671474
Exactly who says that the things aren't already brainwashing them before they hit it?
>>
>>31671480
Because some things flee, and some fight.
>>
>>31671474
>But they don;t really run or avoid those do they?
ever seen an alakazam in the wild?
>>
>>31670781
does Locke count?
>>
>>31671503
No because they only evolve when a kadabra is exposed to a link trade, or advanced electromagnetic waves or whatever the equivalent would be
>>
>>31671503
You can catch 4 Brain Super computer Metagross in BW and BW2
>>
>>31671492
Those things always wait until the ball has failed (or not) to catch them before they flee or fight, though.

It could be brainwashing them just enough to let the ball at least attempt to catch them. It can't do more because exactly how is a ball that is safely in a trainer's bag instead of in flight or broken on the ground going to keep the Pokemon from escaping or fighting?
>>
>>31671535
If it does not work when the ball is in the bag, how would it brainwash them when you first run into them? Or why would they not avoid you in the first place if they are smart enough to recognize pokeball = Mind control?
>>
>This entire thread

Or you can just accept the fact that Nintendo haven't and aren't going to explain this themselves and any attempt to do so would simply fly in the face of everything that happens in the game itself and every bit of lore we know about the game, and/or that the Pokemon games don't have to adhere to real-world logic.

There's a little something called "suspension of disbelief". Fictional series like Pokemon often rely on it.
>>
>>31671462
if it doesn't sew the costume themselves, where did they find a crudely made pikachu costume?
>>
>>31671616
How is a nest built? How are cocoons spun? How do spiders build webs? How do moths develop eye like pattern on their bodies? Maybe they grow it like a shell or spin silk or webs to incase their bodies. Hell maybe it's the remains of pikachu flesh
>>
>>31671588
You're not wrong, I am not doubting Gamefreak doesn't bother with this crap. I just like arguing
>>
>>31670781
>If pokemons are as smart as humans
They aren't.
End of thread.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.