[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you love SuMo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 1418683420211.jpg (49KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1418683420211.jpg
49KB, 550x535px
Why do you love SuMo?
>>
>>31669363
I don't.

I just find it tolerable if I had to make it as blunt as I could
>>
>>31669363
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>31669363

Well, OpPo, SuMo is a great game because it really improved on what the series has done in recent installments such as BlWh and OmRuAlSa. For example, getting rid of HiMas was great. It wasn't perfect, though, I do wish they hadn't gotten rid of the PlSeSa in order to use things like the GlTrSy. I know that they're controversial on /vipo/, but personally, I really liked SuMo, LaOuLo.
>>
It gave me the Popplio line.
>>
>>31669399
/\ \
/ \ \
/ /\ \ \
\/_/\ \ \
/ / /
/ / /
/ / / _
/ / /_/\_\
/ /_____/ /
\________/
>>
>>31669399
>Jonathan "twogenders" Neutron calling others dumb.
>>
File: tU5Nm4B4.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
tU5Nm4B4.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>31669363
>pros
new mons
comfy
team skull
3D looks a lot better
UBs are neat
alola forms
waifus
nebby

>cons
not enough new mons
comfy too small
team skull really didn't do anything
lag outside of single battles
UBs are just a mention in the story
only 10 alola form pokemon
z-moves
no new megas
cutscene the game
super easy
why does everyone only have one (1) pokemon?
handholding to the literal very end "welcome to the e4, let me walk you in"
:)
festival plaza
muh legendaries everywhere
no gyms
pokemon ride
>>
>>31669590
>no new megas
this is a pro, though
>>
I never played them.
>>
File: 1485724593251.png (611KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485724593251.png
611KB, 800x600px
>>31669640
>>
>>31669590

Who the fuck lists Pokémon Ride as a negative? You can't possibly want HMs back, can you?
>>
It was like a fun vacation and the formula was a bit less stale.
Hopefully it means it's a step in the right direction that will continue.
>>
File: 1482048913913.png (271KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
1482048913913.png
271KB, 634x476px
>>31669363

Music, new mons and alot of the character designs. Not a flawless game but overall it's fun and comfy.
>>
>>31669507
I prefer to be called Jonathan Joestar.
>>
>>31669675
Not him but every other Ride aside, I miss my bike
>>
>>31669691
I concur, my nigga.
>>
>>31669675
Yes. I miss flying on my Salamence and riding my bike. If anything they could have done something better. Like items, or having a separate moveset for HM moves that can only be used outside of battle. It's about having an adventure with your Pokemon, not using the happy fun time ferry service to cart you around on your vacation. Overall there was no sense of adventure in SuMo. It was basically a hokey tourist trap where you get your picture taken after coming down the goodtime Alola water slide. It sucked.
>>
>>31669712
>>31669754
Jesus, you people will whine about anything, won't you? They finally fix the shitty HM system, but nope, still not good enough.
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>>31669675
Personally, I don't think they really did enough with the Ride Pager to warrant having it (other than just to remove hms).

I mean, now you have every hm at disposal, but at most you'll occasionally need to bust out tauros to break a rock. The level design just doesn't require it.

I honestly prefer large areas completely locked behind HM requirements that warrants backtracking and a specialized team than what SM did.
>>
>>31669754
>I prefer riding my Salamance
A U T I S M.
All you got was a split second screen of the Pokemon using fly. That's it. If anything, you should be complaining about the fly animation being too long in SM.
>>
File: 1450041585774.jpg (88KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450041585774.jpg
88KB, 300x400px
>>31669772
>They finally fix the shitty HM system, but nope, still not good enough.

I never hated HMs to begin with.
>>
>>31669790
Go back to playing Showdown.
>>
>>31669865
What's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>31669675
the problem with pokerides is probably the execution. the idea of getting rid of hms and introducing rental mons (hell, usable/visible mons that aren't weird black figures) sounds good in paper, but i think people were expecting a bit more.

for example: why changing to that suit every time you ride a tauros? for a game where customization is important, being forced to change outfit all the time is not all that different from the old fly/surf sprite. it sounds like a minor inconveinance, but it feels wrong.

same, its always tauros/charizard. what about an option to disable the suits (or unlocking them as separate clothing options) and different mons to ride? i dont think people want hms back, but this wasn't exactly better.
>>
>>31669799
>I want to have multiple HM slaves on team taking up spots!
retard
>>
>>31669978
>implying you'll need anything other than fly or surf 90% of the time.
>>
>>31669754
>I miss flying on my Salamence
That literally never happened. How do you miss something that never existed?
>>
>>31669363
>spoiled myself pre-launch with gens 4-6
>avoided all spoilers on gen 7 games
>doing a completely blind run
>just beat the faggy Grimer/Muk waste management guys on the third island
>gen 1 shitmons are 85% of the encounters so far

I see that they've taken elements other rpgs have done for decades like reskinned enemies with different stats and adding a real-time map. Between that and removing HMs and Gyms/E4, I can see that they're trying to find a new direction to go while keeping it the same collect-battle-trade format, but they seem to be half-assed efforts. The game overall is still the same pokemon series I've grown up with, but it feels like this one is testing the waters for something bigger, like they're trying to grow up without becoming a GameCube level of edge. Knowing Gamefreak they'll fuck up whatever plan they're going for with a shitty compromise, but there's still much potential with the series
>>
>>31669994
You needed things like Cut, Flash, Rock Smash in the early game which are shit moves that are then stuck on your movesets at least up until the move deleter. Then you have shit like Dive, Whirlpool and Defog, as well as Waterfall (which isn't horrible) needed for mid-late game.

I was using Crawdaunt in ORAS and had to put Surf, Waterfall and Dive on it. I used it's 4th move on Crabhammer because I'm autistic and not having it would feel wrong, but only 1 move for coverage is shit.
>>
File: IMG_0720.jpg (114KB, 1786x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.jpg
114KB, 1786x1030px
>People are actually pretending Pokeride is bad and want HM's back

Holy shit you Fucking faggots can you get any worse?

You want pokeride to be better implemented sure but to say you want HM's back is fucking disgusting

Go fucking die
>>
File: red breakdancing on 3ds.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
red breakdancing on 3ds.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>>31670284
The ONLY downside to Ride Pokemon is the ass ugly nerf armor.
>>
>>31670284
pokeride was implemented terribly

why have a master key when none of your doors have locks?
>>
Ride pokemon. I don't have to use slots for hms. Oh and I guess the story was aight
>>
>>31669363

The world is a lot more alive, specifically the characters and visual design

The characters have more personality as a whole compared to other games where only specific people get personality where as here all the trial captains and kahuna's are more involved

The Alola pokemon are fantastic despite having an atrocious encounter rate

Alola forms is a proper way of pandering to nostalgia fags while still feeling new

Pokeride is great

Pokémon Palego not only moves a bunch of places into one easy to access area but encourages you to catch more Pokémon to upgrade

PSS is faster and more convenient but Festival Plaza has a lot of shit you can do when you level up

Island Trials and especially Totem Pokemon were fantastic and actually felt like boss battles

I feel people are purposely giving the games more shit than they are wataned

Can they do better?
Yeah

But to pretend it has no right to be liked for what it did right is disgusting and your awful for that
>>
>>31669784
>I honestly prefer large areas completely locked behind HM requirements that warrants backtracking and a specialized team than what SM did.

what in the goddamn
>>
>>31669994
>implying they're the best moves ever

Scald is better. And as if seeing surf used in battle for the 500th time wasn't exciting enough (because you need it to actually get around)
>>
glad we don't need to use HM's anymore
>>
>>31670403
I agree with all of this, but the games lose a LOT of points for me in terms of the shitty, shitty framerate in doubles and totem battles.

Game Freak's shot their own official format AND one of the game's big selling points (no more gyms) in the foot, and I can't understand how they thought it'd be acceptable.

It's like the Super Mario Club was just sitting with their thumbs up their asses instead of testing the game.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.