[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Parts of Pokémon that just aren't right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Why does it's hair go up?
>>
>>31660428
She is supposed to be underwater
>>
>>31660428
It's water m8, not THAT hard to understand
>>
>>31660428
his hair is stiff due to seamen
>>
why the fuck do all the fish in this game fly

it's fucking retarded
>>
>>31660498
It isn't though. At least with fish like Pokemon it's understandable because they'd just be sat on the floor or on their side but it makes no sense.
>>
>>31660503
Refer to this:
>>31660512
>>
>>31660428
My guess is to recreate the aesthetic of how long hair looks while underwater.
>>
Suicune's tail things that magically float forward when it's running fast
>>
>>31660507
how would you animate all the fish? awkwardly "balanced" on the ground? not to mention creating attack animations in these positions
>>
>>31660512
It is supposed to be water kept together with bubbles (the little pearls she has are bubbles). Primarina is also probably able to control her hair, since they assume a different position during some animation.
>>
Mega Scizor's legs, specifically the feet or lack thereof. godamn what a wasted design.
>>
>>31660550
Flailing on the ground like magikarp. It even has it's own attack animations, so I don't see the problem.

All it does now is ruin immersion.
>>
>>31660570
honestly that would be funny to see, but if you hate how most flying types are in an awkward flying animation just imagine how much people would hate every fish on its side.
>>
>>31660428
The "pearls" are bubbles. That's why.
>>
>>31660570
You know what actually bothers me much more? Seeing stuff like Golem underwater in ORAS (or on top of the water while you use Surf in the other games). I know it's just something we have to accept because game mechanics, but they could have made "underwater battles" just like they made "sky battles" in that same gen.
>>
>>31660428
It's magical hair, it's part fairy
Just look at it's Z move and how crazy it's hair gets
>>
>>31660428
>It's
>>
someone post Araquanid's mouth
>>
>>31660428
Have you never seen spooky fictional mermaid hair anon?
>>
File: I ain't gotta explain shit.jpg (50KB, 417x305px) Image search: [Google]
I ain't gotta explain shit.jpg
50KB, 417x305px
>>31660428
>>
Because Fairy.

>>31660498

She's not though.

>>31660503

It's not water, it's actually hair

>Hair becomes blonde

Don't fucking tell me it's piss.
>>
>>31660727
Yeah, as much as i love Primarina, her shiny form hair makes no sense to me.
>>
>>31660832

And, as much as I find her apathetically dull hey don't judge me, her shiny form hair actually makes sense in the sense that it might be replicating the "blonde mermaid" aesthetic.

I mean, yeah, sea lions might be able to get a small mane of hair, but they don't get hair that long, but this might be all part of the whole mermaid/Fairy thing, eh. If it wasn't obvious enough, yeah, it's a sea lion/seal with mermaid/fairy aesthetic.
>>
>>31660832
The blond hair is a obviously DBZ reference. As Oceanic Operetta is literally a water spirit bomb.
>>
File: tumblr_ognfsymw821sqehnzo8_400.gif (2MB, 268x157px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ognfsymw821sqehnzo8_400.gif
2MB, 268x157px
>>31660428
Because it's a super sand legend, I mean have you seen it's Z move, it makes a spirit bomb made of fucking water.
>>
>>31660570
Magikarp flailing on the ground emphasises its own helplessness and how pathetic it is.
>>
>>31660612
>I know it's just something we have to accept because game mechanics, but they could have made "underwater battles" just like they made "sky battles" in that same gen.

Too many people would bitch about this. Being forced to only use Water Pokemon underwater probably wouldn't fly too well with most people.
>>
>>31661484
It would be just a bunch of optional battles, you need to have a water Pokémon for surfing and diving anyway so it would be ok imo.
>>
>>31661309
>All that just to faint a Wingull

Why so serious Primarina?
>>
>>31661514
No you don't. Tyranitar and Snorlax can both learn Surf. As well as other non-Water Pokemon. Rayquaza, Dhelmise, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Skrelp, Dragalge, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Pancham, Pangoro, Diggersby, Dragonite, Latios, Latias, and plenty of others learn it. You couldn't be more wrong my friend.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Surf_(move)#Learnset
>>
>>31660428
Something's up with PriMaryna
>>
>>31661587
I just realized you mentioned Dive as well.

Mewtwo, Mew, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Arceus, Dragalge, and Skrelp all learn Dive.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dive_(move)#Learnset
>>
File: 270px-Riley_Lucario.png (105KB, 270x315px) Image search: [Google]
270px-Riley_Lucario.png
105KB, 270x315px
>>31660428
Lucario doesn't have a muzzle.
>>
>>31661587
>almost none of those Pokémon are available in Hoenn
But you're right on the fact that it would probably be a stupid idea. I'll just live with the idea of fire types fighting underwater.
>>
>>31661666
>I'll just live with the idea of fire types fighting underwater.

Kek.
>>
>>31660558
Because Scizor's are much better, eh.
>>
>>31661616
Sorry, I meant "There's Something About priMaryna"
>>
>>31661309

It's only after a while when you realize how utterly dumb this move is since the foe would have to be retarded enough to stay put in the same place as Primarina slowly makes a giant bubble that anyone with half a brain can easily dodge hover over the opponent.
>>
>>31661950
Yes because the Spirit Bomb in DragonBall was totally useless and didn't ever work on anyone. Also that's true for almost every Z move.
>>
>>31660555
>her
>>
>>31661964
>hair, since they assume a different position during some animation.
>>
>>31660612
>soaring
>wild battle
>go groudon
>>
>>31660428
It's supposed to be seen as long hair underwater
>>
>>31661664
Wtf I hate lucario now
>>
File: wolf.jpg (39KB, 395x217px) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
39KB, 395x217px
>>31661664
Literally pic related.
>>
>>31662269
Remove the nose and you have a creep in a fursuit
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.