[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does ORAS really deserve the hate it gets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: pgpk.jpg (53KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
pgpk.jpg
53KB, 780x439px
Does ORAS really deserve the hate it gets?
>>
It's a I'd rather just play RSE if I want to play a Hoenn game/10
>>
>>31651598
oras is gud, really gud

way better than x/y which i will never touch again
>>
>>31651653
>>31651664
this. it's not bad as people say it is but Emerald is still superior to it
>>
>>31651598
Alpha Sapphire is legitimately my favourite game. I don't care. I love Hoenn and the redesigns were great, plus it has physical/special split and all the Gen 4+ moves and I can pet my Kyogre, so I even prefer it to RSE.
>tfw no Delta Emerald
>>
>>31651688
>It's good.
>A decade old game is superior.
What? Pick only one.
>>
>>31652367
I pick this
>A decade old game is superior
>>
>>31652367
Both are possible anon
>>
Playing through Alpha Sapphire now since I skipped it at release. In my opinion every Pokémon game should either introduce new Pokémon and refine gameplay, or be just chocked full of content. So far what I've got has been abysmal, though Dexnav is quite brilliant.

Feel's like the most unnecessary main series game yet.
>>
>>31651598
Aesthetics were bad snce it forced a 3d perspective on a 2d world, and it missed features from both Emerald and from X and Y, like trainer customization and the Battle Frontier. DexNav is fine for people who like catching mons and shit, and Contests are fine for people who like that, but otherwise it didn't introduce anything new or interesting aside from your standard new megas

Soaring was boring as shit and GameFreak couldn't even be bothered to create new areas in which to find old legendaries like in B2W2. I don't get why it gets dickridden so hard, especially when it's still much faster to just fly to wherever you may need to go
>>
>>31651688
I disagree. Emerald doesn't have any of the Pokemon from Gen 4 and beyond as well as not having the Physical/Special split. Having the Battle Frontier alone does not make Emerald better than OR/AS imo. Emerald also lacks online capability.
>>
>>31651598
It felt very lazily made. Like they didn't put any effort to it at all, especially compared to HGSS.
>>
>>31652648
At least they actually saw the flaws of the original game and decided to fix them.
>>
>>31652723
HGSS revamped gym leaders teams and added Johto mons earlier via Pokéwalker. The level curve was still fucked up though.

What flaws of RSE did ORAS fix?
>>
>>31652745
OR/AS is a remake of R/S not R/S/E.
>>
>>31651598
If Emerald didn't exist, these games would be far better, by that I mean there would be no comparison to make
>>
>>31652745
Surfing speed
Getting both bikes
Pokenav
>>
>>31651598
>as much
No, but it deserves a decent amount of hate for certain things even outside of the battle frontier
>>
>>31652945
Why remake just R/S and leave out the Emerald features when they implemented the Crystal features in the G/S remake?
>>
>>31653001
Here's another one.

Upon defeating or capturing Kyogre/Groudon, many Pokémon not available in Generation III become available as hidden Pokémon.
>>
>>31651653
This.
>>
File: 210px-May_Silver_Contest.png (85KB, 210x312px) Image search: [Google]
210px-May_Silver_Contest.png
85KB, 210x312px
It would have been great if they added Pokemon Contest with online compatibility
>>
>>31651598
As another anon pointed out earlier, /vp/ prefers quantity over quality. It didn't have as much content as Emerald, so even if it was infinitely more fun than it, it was automatically shit. That, and it was piss easy.
>>
No. I enjoy them. They're good games!
>>
>>31653001
This, some of the routes were also slightly changed. They made secret bases better. They added the island for breeding which let you hatch eggs by holding right (literally). Plus horde battles and easy exp grinding, which made things super easy and building a postgame team was fun.

It also has the general 6th gen improvements. Mainly physical/special split, which (imo) Pokemon is now unplayable without.

Emerald is a really good game. IMO the only thing missing is the Frontier, but that isn't enough for me to call it better than RSE. I think if some of you went back and actually played Emerald again, you would be bothered by how some of it feels.

Also Steven >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wallace as champion easy.
>>
If anyone actually goes back and plays Emerald, they're realise how many convenient features the later games added. Emerald had superior gym leader teams, gym leader rematches and the Battle Frontier, but it suffers from a lack of physical/special split, the level up learnsets of Pokemon are fucking awful, the movepool in general was a lot shallower, TMs being single-use only means that you could hardly rely on them to fix your Pokemon's shitty movepool and no auto-repel.
>>
>>31653721
>level up learnsets of Pokemon are fucking awful, the movepool in general was a lot shallower, TMs being single-use only means that you could hardly rely on them to fix your Pokemon's shitty movepool and no auto-repel.
that's pretty much the case for every pre-gen 4 game
It took until DPPT for most bugs to get reliable stab attacks for example.
>>
>>31652003
>tfw I realised I haven't petted a single legnedary in Amie/Refresh
Time to cuddle up to fug.
>>
>>31654185
fug doesn't like cuddles
>>
>>31651598
E > ORAS > RS

Any questions?
Every major complaint about ORAS is also in RS and much worse.
>>
>>31651598
if you need to ask that question on /vp/ the answer is no
>>
>>31651598
>If ORAS had the Battle Frontier, I believe that it would've been 100% better than RSE.

I gave ORAS shit before SM came out, but lookng back, the games gave you tons of quality with the DexNav, the Legendary Pokemon available and the Delta Episode lore. They even make the soundtrack as close to the original as possible (unlike HG/SS but that's because it was in 8-bit)

Secret Bases were actually fun for like the 1st month of the game, instead of not fun at all (like in RSE if you didn't live near anyone).

No rematch with gym leaders is very unfortunate, and so is the lack of a battle frontier, which would've really been fun with all the features that changed since emerald (easier time making good mons, not an elementary schooler making shit teams etc). No Mega Flygon despite every other dragon in Hoenn getting one is a HUGE disappointment (for me), but I don't think that we give it enough credit.
>>
No, non that much. People expected too much (but they are rifht, in HGSS we had a fucking PokéWalker and tons of new feature, but ORAS didn't give that much). Wasted potential, like SM

Don't get me wrong, they are both 2 good games (SM>>ORAS>>>>XY)
>>
>>31651598
It's not a bad game actually it is, fuck that shit. How they managed to fuck up that hard is beyond me
>>
File: oct_p07_02_vhf.jpg (41KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
oct_p07_02_vhf.jpg
41KB, 400x240px
>>31651598
I'm mad.
>>
>>31653721
>but it suffers from a lack of physical/special split, the level up learnsets of Pokemon are fucking awful, the movepool in general was a lot shallower, TMs being single-use only means that you could hardly rely on them to fix your Pokemon's shitty movepool and no auto-repel

if I want any of these things I can literally just play any other modern game and most of these things don't even matter in-game.
>>
>>31651598
Kinda
>>
>>31653622
>It also has the general 6th gen improvements. Mainly physical/special split, which (imo) Pokemon is now unplayable without.

>physical/special split
>6th gen improvement
>>
>>31651598
>"m-muh no battle frontier"
That's why it get so much hate.
>>
File: Battle Resort.png (515KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Resort.png
515KB, 640x451px
>>31651598
You tell me, anon.
>>
>>31652988
They wouldn't be any better, your standards would just be lower.
>>
>>31652988
>>31658031
Actually let me amend that, technically it would be better, just because they never would have made the Delta Episode and we wouldn't have had to deal with Zinnia. That improvement only goes so far, though.
>>
>>31652461
This is a good way to put it

>>31653428
quantity is better because quality is subjective, quantity isnt. It's an easy argument to say "well my game is more fun" with no way to prove it.
>>
>>31655519
>if I want any of these things I can literally just play any other modern game and most of these things don't even matter in-game.

It does in the Battle Frontier. Crawdaunt is gimped. Both of its STABs are special.
>>
>>31659092
>while quality is subjective
There's a borderline in between having shit taste and godlike taste, you know that, right?
>>
>>31655499
the thing that gets me isn't that they give you your lati@s, but they hand it to you RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME
>>
I'm going to replay ORAS. Is it still possible to get the demo and get the Glalie from it? It would be on a different 3DS and cart from when I first played, if that matters.
>>
>>31651598
Many likeable and respectable characters got goofy in the remakes. Nice graphics, though.
>>
Why does everyone say that not having the Physical/Special split is a bad thing? You either have it or you don't, and it doesn't make the game better or worse. All it changes is how you build your Pokémon.

Physical
>Normal
>Fighting
>Poison
>Ground
>Flying
>Bug
>Rock
>Ghost
>Steel

Special
>Fire
>Water
>Electric
>Grass
>Ice
>Psychic
>Dragon
>Dark
>>
>>31663219
because it's was a shit system and hurt some pokemon.

literally every pokemon benefited from the split and more moves were born out of it.
>>
>>31663292
>literally every pokemon benefited from the split
I like the split but you're wrong. Most benefited from the split, but some definitely got hurt, like Alakazam losing the elemental punches.
>>
>>31665294
Alakazam, Sceptile, Gardevoir and Typhlosion are the only pokemon off the top of my head who lost bigly from the split

Recall that after the split, most pokemon who lost one of the Elemental punches (e.g. Gengar) could just run HP Ice/Fire/Elec and only lose 5 BP
>>
>>31665354
big league*
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.