[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they fug?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (58KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 500x364px
Also it's really strange that fans develop these characters instead of gamefreak.
>>
>>31648488
>it's really strange that fans develop these characters instead of gamefreak.
This is 90% of gym leaders anon what are you talking about?
Also no they did not fug, Type immunity and all
>>
>it's really strange that fans develop these characters instead of gamefreak.

It really shouldn't seem that way by now, op.
>>
>>31648499
>they did not fug, Type immunity and all
so i posted one couple that literally cannot happen?
>>
File: ringtarget.png (321B, 24x24px) Image search: [Google]
ringtarget.png
321B, 24x24px
>>31648505
Unless Whitney gets this ring target piercing then yes, his dick will forever be ineffective.
>>
>>31648488
Because if they try to develop the characters, it would mean more cutscenes. There can never exist a story in Pokemon. I'm playing for battles, fuck the characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 633x758px
>>31648499
>>31648528
B-BUT OPPOSİTES ATTRACT!
>>
>>31648586
But Pokemon are characters.
>>
>>31648600
Without any development, yes. That's all that Pokemon needs. Shit like Lillie is unnecessary and distracts you from playing the game. Fuck that.
>>
>>31648612
Just play showdown and fuck off m8
>>
>>31648586
>>31648612
FINALLY somebody said it. Pokémon doesn't need any boring plot, just cut to the fights.
>>
>>31648625
>No region to explore
>Not even attack animation
I'll play it when it is a fucking game, not a shit simulator.
>>
>>31648637
So you want a region to explore and no story? Why? Areas with no context are shit. I understand not wanting heavy handed cutscene the entire island shit like SM, but Gen 1 had a solid story and its characters got development. Blue and Giovanni both changed as people.
>>
>>31648652
The fuck are you talking about? Gen 1 didn't have any semblance of story or characters that developed. It had a setting of a story, and the characters changed a bit, but development and change are not the same thing.

>I evil durrrrr fite me
>I lost but I still strong
>I still eveil fite me
>I lost you also strong
>I eveil gym leader!
>I lost I disband team rocket now

I made a character as developed as Giovanni in this fucking post. That's not character development. Character development was something Gen 5 rivals or Gen 7 characters had, and watching that was so painful I wanted to kill myself. I'm not playing Pokemon for well written and developed characeters. I'm doing for Pokemon. Characters can fuck off.
>>
>>31648672
for me, characters development is okay as long as it doesn't overtake the gameplay.
>>
>>31648672
>Start game
>No professor
>No starter
>Start with pidgey
>All other trainers are robots
>Gym Leaders are just badge dispensers
>Make it to Elite 4
>Nothing there, just more Badge dispensers and wild pokemon
>I win
Arguing game play with no characters is stupid in a game intrinsically about meeting new people and having new experiences with Super powered animals. The game was literally inspired by Miyamoto's Bug collecting and how he made friends and had long journeys trying to get as many bugs as he could. To argue that battles should be the ONLY thing is stupid. Imagine if the next zelda was ONLY puzzles. No story, no interesting places, just an extremely long series of puzzles moving from room to room
>>
>>31648700
You are being retarded in your trying to explain this but I think I agree. Unique characters add spice to Pokemon. Nobody wants shit like the cutscenes every 6 feet, but good characters are awesome to see
>>
i just wanna see how relationship between each region's gym leaders would work.

but gamefreak wants to give character development to a 11 year old loli who does nothing to stop her mother's evil plan despite having a legendary pokemon.
>>
>>31648726
You see a lot of the trial leader's interaction and development in SM. You saw a lot of it in Gen 5
>>
>>31648689
Which is something it MUST do. I consider character development to be when a character encounters something, and struggle through that in a way it changes their character, for better or worse, in a way that makes sense.
This only really works if you see it happening. If, like Silver or Giovanni, they encounter things and you see none of it, but just the end product that is the result of the so-called "development", then it isn't development. It's just change. Literally anyone can change a character. Tell a kid to change a character a bit, and they will do a better job than Pokemon does.

tl;dr if you actually want development, you'll have cutscenes. Which will overtake gameplay and can go fuck itself.
>>
>>31648586
>>31648744
Why do you think development = cutscenes?
>I consider character development to be when a character encounters something, and struggle through that in a way it changes their character, for better or worse, in a way that makes sense.
Right, but why do you need to see this action? Why can an NPC's actions speak for themselves? Do you think people always have a 5 minute speech to them self over why they need to improve every time they change?
>>
>>31648739
but what about the gym leaders from the other regions?

gamefreak started this developing side characters shtick really late.
>>31648744
when metal gear does it, i don't hate the cutscenes but when pokemon does it i hate the cutscenes.

what is pokemon doing wrong in the cutscene department?
>>
>>31648775
Actions speak louder than words, a forgotten line by many.
>>31648786
Because their redundant, i.e. same shit different locale. Or they give to much screentime to one person alongside the prevous statement.
>>
>>31648786
Did you play gen 5? Did you hate the N cutscenes/exposition dump parts? Because I would say the issue is cut scenes about shit you don't care about. (Lillie)
>>
>>31648528
>Whitney gets this ring target piercing
fanart fucking when?
>>
>>31648744
>Character experiences traumatic experience/a difficult time, disappears off screen for a while
>"I think I am gonna be less of a dick now"
>WTF THAT'S NOT DEVELOPMENT, THAT'S JUST CHANGE!
What?
>>
>>31648775
Because without cutscenes, you don't see the character develop. If you don't see it, it might as well had not happened.

Take Cheren, for example. His development is clear. You see him be a serious battler, then he meets Alder and which puts his development in motion. Every time you meet him afterwards, he is, in some way or another, struggling to get past the wall Alder raised. His dialogue reflect that pretty clearly. All of the things that happen and all of it makes sense. He encounters more things, from which he learns and slowly overcomes the wall Alder raised, finishing his character arc.

Now see another character /vp/ likes to praise for "development", Silver. He starts out a dick, and hates everything weak. Then, somewhere along the line, he supposedly encounters Lance and loses, and Lance apparently says Silver's Pokemon doesn't love or trust him. Now, since you rarely ever see Silver due to the lack of cutscenes, each time you meet him, he has to explicitly TELL you how he's changed or how he's trying to become stronger. Somewhere along the line, he finishes his character arc and is now more friendly with his Pokemon. He's different from what he started, but we don't see how he develops, so it might as be just be a new character. It doesn't matter. You don't see how he changes, just get a changelog periodically.

>>31648786
Because Pokemon characters don't matter. You care more about gameplay than the characters.

>>31648837
See above.
Being different != good development
If that was all it took, no one would care about development.
>>
>>31648866
expect lillie and other alolan characters, pokemon characters do matter and i think reason i don't like pokemon doing cutscenes is that they're unskippable.
>>
>>31648904
>You care more about gameplay than the characters.
You want it skippable because you dislike characters and want to skip to continue enjoying the gameplay. Or is there any other reason you want it skippable?
Also, why Alolan characters specifically don't matter, while all other do?
>>
>28 replies
>99% of them are about cutscenes and character development
what did i do wrong?
>>
File: 9435660_p0.png (73KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
9435660_p0.png
73KB, 480x640px
So did they ever interact in Special?
>>
>>31648488
Whitney develops a friendship with the player, Morty and Eusine fugged.
>>
>>31648786
I'd say they started in Gen 4 with Platinum and HGSS
>>
File: 1259052i.jpg (107KB, 620x438px) Image search: [Google]
1259052i.jpg
107KB, 620x438px
>>31648726
>i just wanna see how relationship between each region's gym leaders would work.

I am also curious about this.
>>
>>31648586
Lillie cutscenes were one of the worst things this gen, but surely there can be a balance right? Keep the character development post game wheen gym leaders can actually leave the gym maybe?
>>
File: 1478141419618.png (309KB, 418x549px) Image search: [Google]
1478141419618.png
309KB, 418x549px
>>31648488
Fanart is always how most characters develope.
>>
>>31652633
also i don't know? make story focus on the player character!
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.