[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regional Variant ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-sun-moon-august-1.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-august-1.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
What Pokémon could benefit more from a regional variant?

I'll start

Doduo -> Dodrio
Type: Fighting
Ability: Guts/Mold Breaker
HA: Reckless
Base Stats:
35/95/45/25/35/75 (Doduo)
60/120/70/50/60/110 (Dodrio)
Moveset: Jump Kick, Drill Peck, Hi Jump Kick, Earthquake, Bulk Up, Brave Bird, Roost, Close Combat
>>
Water/Steel or Water/Ground Pyukumuku with Innards Out, offensive moves and a spread of 160/85/35/60/35/5. I'm thinking moves like Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up, Hammer Arm, Liquidation, Bullet Punch, Gyro Ball, maybe some others.
>>
Water arcanine
>>
Anything that isn't Genwun
>>
>>31637855
/thread
>>
Make Doublade a motorcycle and Aegislash a Monster Truck that turns into a Race Car. Ability is a rehashed Shields Down.

The line is very speed-based.
>>
File: Skulltula_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (3MB, 1860x3061px) Image search: [Google]
Skulltula_(Ocarina_of_Time).png
3MB, 1860x3061px
How about something not from Gen 1?

Spinarak -> Ariados
Type: Bug/Ghost
Ability: Cursed Body/Intimidate
HA: Insomnia
Base Stats:
40/80/50/30/40/20 (Spinarak)
70/100/80/50/70/30 (Ariados)
Moveset: Leech Life, Shadow Claw, Spider Web, Shadow Sneak, Sticky Web, Curse, Sucker Punch, Confuse Ray, Phantom Force
>>
You guys can do typing/stats/abilities/etc... if you like the ideas.

>pelagic seasnake ekans/arbok (already been drawn up a few times and some look really fudging great)
This has been my favorite so far - and as far as I can tell I am the original suggester on VP for this concept.

>hawaiian hoary bat zubat line
Maybe dark/flying?

>endemic-mushroom variant on paras line

>Drosera anglica (hawai'i's only native carnivorous plant) variant on bellsprout line

>onix line made of obsidian or pumice?
rock/fire?

>volcanic gas koffing line
rock/poison?

>Astropecten polyacanthus staryu line

>pineco line that more closely mimics any of hawai'i's native conifer seed cones

I'll do more later
>>
Kantonian Ferrothorn
>Ferrothorn's metal plating was damaged on its migration path to Kanto. While in the region, they used metal parts gained from the waste near the Power Plant to repair themselves. The waste changed their biological structure, causing them to be dependant on the waste the Power Plant provides.
Steel/Poison
>>
>>31637785
Alolan Doduo/Dodrio are basically guaranteed. There was that supposed leaker back in September who said that Diglett/Dugtrio and Geodude/Graveler/Golem were getting Alola Forms, along with the fact that a special demo was in the works for October and it would give Ash-Greninja to the main games. He also mentioned that there were Alola Forms for Doduo/Dodrio and Ekans/Arbok, but they never appeared. But what's interesting is that Doduo/Dodrio and Ekans/Arbok were some of the handful of Pokémon to get stat buffs this generation.

Maybe they were removed last minute and are being planned for Stars.
>>
>>31638203
Or maybe the leaker saw the stat buffs and assumed it was a regional form, like how Alola-Ninetales and Alola-Sandslash have different stats to their normal counterparts
>>
File: delphox-ice3.jpg (704KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
delphox-ice3.jpg
704KB, 1200x1200px
I could think a few.
>>
Venonat and Venomoth. Change them from Poison to Ice and give them thicker, prehistoric-looking fur coats and sabre teeth instead of mandibles. Alter their stats and move pool to favor attack over special and give it Strong Jaw or an ability that instead of powering up biting move it increases their secondary effect chance.
>>
>>31639114
>Make an fox a Ice type
How original
>>
Hoenn Paras/Parasect based on Shroomish/Breloom fungus
Bug/Fighting

Unovan Paras/Parasect based on Foongus/Amoonguss fungus
Bug/Poison

Alolan Paras/Parasect based on Morelull and Shiinotic fungus
Bug/Fairy

Normal/Kantonian Paras/Parasect with Mt. Moon color palette
>>
Dragon/Steel Haxorus
Bigger face axes and its body more closely resembles armor with a different color scheme and more shine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.