[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any pokemon that get worse after mega evolving?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1464443212695.jpg (50KB, 736x724px) Image search: [Google]
1464443212695.jpg
50KB, 736x724px
are there any pokemon that get worse after mega evolving?
>>
Garchomp
>>
all of them
>>
>>31634666
Garchomp and the Lati twins do, Satan.
>>
>>31634679
May you please explain how the latias twins get worse?
>>
>>31634804
Lack of Soul Dew.
>>
>>31634804
Can't use Soul Dew.
>>
>>31634811
>>31634813
Is Soul Dew still good?
>>
>>31634811
Latias would rather be using leftovers and latios would rather life orb or specs

You can use them mega Latias has decent stored power set,
And Mega Latios is a good dragon dancer thats it though.

But there are better pokemon to use your mega on
>>31634811
>>31634813
They nerfed soul dew this gen so they are not better then megas
>>
>>31634676
Don't hurt me like this
>>
>>31634844
Soul Dew has been the most broken item in the entire series for the last decade.
>>
houndoom
>>
>>31634894
It isn't the last decade anymore though, anon.

>As of Pokémon Sun & Moon, it no longer boosts those stats but rather increases the strength of Psychic and Dragon-type moves on Latios and Latias by 20%. As such, it is now allowed in Battle Tree and Battle Spot
>>
>>31634666
ttar
>>
The reason Garchomp is good is that it has slightly more speed than a huge chunk of other Pokemon. Take that away and it's suddenly shit.

Mega Latios isn't good either. It does more damage with LO.
>>
>>31634679
Only Latios gets strictly worse, Latias is a sidegrade. SubCM hasn't been good since Gen 5 but Mega Latias can still do the offensive and bulky sets fairly well. Generally, you would stick to regular Latias if you wanted to use the Healing Wish set

In gen 7 OU Mega Scizor is really shitty. There a 4 new Tapus shitting up OU and Mega Scizor can only handle one of them to any degree of success, except it loses to Bulu's All Out Pummeling so you're better off just using Megagross for your Steel-type Mega. You can make the argument that Mega Scizor is worse than Standard Scizor (which generally only bothers to run Choice Band).

I wouldn't call any other Mega strictly worse. At worst they are usually sidegrades, or you can argue the opportunity cost might be high for pokemon like Mega Glalie
>>
>>31634871
Excuse me, but mega Latias is quite a beast in balance. It suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome but the ability to BTFO of all non banded pursuit trappers and do her shit is far from being a downgrade, using her as a wincon is quite great, the downside is not using another mega, but if you formed a non mega defensive core and Latias fits her mega can Jumpstart your team.
>>
Why Garchomp get worse?

Explain I never used him compotitive..
>>
>>31635929
It goes from base 102 to 92 speed.
>>
>>31635953

Ouh
>>
>>31635953
That's why I Like using mega garchomp as clean up
>>
>>31634666
What do you plan to do to them once you know satan?
>>
All of them, whether that be power-wise, aesthetics-wise or versatility-wise.

Which is why game freak is lessening the focus on them by making half of them event-only and will most likely remove them entirely next generation, except for the ones that are supposed to be overpowered like box legendaries.
>>
>>31636135
Imagine actually believing this.
>>
>>31636135
>aesthetics-wise
wut
>>
>>31635929
It's slower, can't run choice scarf, deals less damage than LO Garchomp and has a worse ability (unless you're in the sand but that's situational). The only thing Mega Chomp has over regualar Garchomp is better bulk
>>
Tfw no one says audino literally shit mon with a decent ability of regenerator and gains healer?
>>
>>31634844

Nah, it got nerfed hard in SM. GF probably got sick of having to program in item ban lists in facilities for just one item.
>>
>>31637062
i came here expecting this to be the first post
>>
What is even Sand Force true viability?

Mega Steelix runs it. >shit
Mega Garchmop. >shit

??

How are you even supposed to play it competitively it requires too much effort/set up. This is what every guide says about those kind of pokemon.. Too slow. If you want Sand Force you always have a Tyranitar..
>>
Isnt Mega Slowbro at best just as good as normal Slowbro? losing regenerator sucks.
>>
>>31634676
Remember when people hyped up Mega Garchomp as the new king of Ubers?
>>
>>31634899
I only half-agree with you. The ability is the only flaw.
>>
>>31639099
Can't be hit by criticals and you're supposed to use MSlow as an offensive Tank with Calm Mind and Slack Off.
>>
File: 1483155544857.png (425KB, 557x576px) Image search: [Google]
1483155544857.png
425KB, 557x576px
>>31639108
Why GF had to take away anything from its speed is beyond me and honestly now that I think about it's design is too much
>>
>>31634676
Mega Garchomp is great in VGC, as evident by the fact that in formats in which both chomps were legal, they either both say play or neither of them did,
>>
>>31634666
Mega Latios is weaker than LO Latios and the increase in bulk isn't enough to justify it. Mega Garchomp is both weaker and slower than LO Chomp and doesn't pull off the bulky sets as well due to its shit Ability.
>>31634942
I was going to disagree, but the only set it can pull off better than vanilla Tyranitar with an item is DD and even if there weren't any other Megas that set wouldn't be worth running in Gen VII OU.
Still wish it got a super Sand ability like the Primals got super versions of their weathers. Same goes for Mega Abomasnow and Hail.
>>31639152
>M. Garchomp's Special Attack and Speed stats are swapped
How viable is it now?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.