[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we try think in a new gimmick for Gen 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: dna_digivolve.jpg (228KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dna_digivolve.jpg
228KB, 1024x768px
>Its gen 8
>The main game is very focused in double and triple battles.
>The new gimmic is revealed
>Now you can fuse two mons in one during battle, each fused pokemon is holding an specific item that alows this (like the potara earings)
>The pokemon resulting from the fusion depends on the main type of each pokemon, allowing each combination of types has its own pokemon to made and its always the same pokemon for the same combination of main types.
>The typing of the fusioned pokemon is the combination of types needed, it has its own stats and its ability depends if 1 of both of the material pokemon has an HA.
>>
File: Uncle Cringe-Pa.png (201KB, 490x749px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Cringe-Pa.png
201KB, 490x749px
>>31632967
>fusions
>those gimmicks
you realize how many fusions there would be, OP?
>>
File: Omegamon_re.jpg (385KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Omegamon_re.jpg
385KB, 1000x1000px
>>31632967
Holy shit, an idea for pokémon fusion that isn't "design a whole new species with a unique 3D model for each and every combination" or "just copy the mechanics for mega evolution but stronger"? I can get behind this.
There should still be a *few* unique fusion combinations for popular pokémon such as Lucario+Charizard.
>>
>>31633137
>>
>>31632967
>the main game is very focused in double and triple battles
the most unrealistic part of this post desu
>>
File: 144_HolyAngemon.jpg (82KB, 750x564px) Image search: [Google]
144_HolyAngemon.jpg
82KB, 750x564px
>>31633199
That number makes the gimmick include a new pokemon for the both ways that two types can be combined. My idea is using the same pokemon for the combinations like grass/fire and fire/grass, that will reduce the quantity of new mons a lot.
>>
>>31632967

Let's be honest, GameFreak are going to end up doing Poke-Fusions eventually, we all fucking know it, there's not much else 'new' that they can do, they already have beyond evolution with Mega's, hyper moves with Z-Moves, Ash-Greninja with the bond fusions, next will be Poke-Fusions.
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9[1].jpg (32KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9[1].jpg
32KB, 250x272px
>>31632967
>Now you can fuse two
>>
>>31633340
>include a new pokemon for the both ways that two types can be combined
I don't think so.
18 * 18 / 2 = 162
>>
>>31632967
>4th evolutions. "Mythic" evolutions are essentially legendaries, can't mega evolve, but evolve permanently.

>It's limited exclusively to Charizard, Lucario, and Greninja.
>>
>>31632967
>Sync Fusion - This can be done with nearly any two Pokemon that don't fall into any of the above fusion criteria. The base Pokemon takes on the color scheme of the Pokemon that it is fused with, as well as its ability, half of its typing and a stat boost. For example if you fused a Charizard with a Gastly, it'd become a purple Fire/Ghost Charizard with Levitate and a small boost in Sp. Atk
>>
>>31633473
just wait non beliver
>>
>>31632967
If gen 8 has a new gimmick its probably going to be something like Z-abilities
>>
File: blades.png (383KB, 468x1988px) Image search: [Google]
blades.png
383KB, 468x1988px
>>31632967
Sub-breeds.
You can get them either is special parts of the region or through breeding. Typing, move pool, abilities and stats differ for each sub-breed.

Gen 8 will only introduce new legendaries as hundreds of new variants, 2-5 for each mon, makes up the next pokedex.
>>
>>31632967
that sounds awful
also
>Now you can fuse two mons in one during battle
keep your fetishes out of my children's game
>>
Make your Pokemon hold this brand new item, and they will pass down the primary ability of their species to their offspring. There would be exceptions of course; we can't have Pure Power Conkeldurr running around, and Gamefreak isn't about to give Archeops any favors.

I just don't really want anything as drastic as fusion, unless if it's a gimmick confined to a couple of new Pokemon.
>>
>>31633340
>That number makes the gimmick include a new pokemon for the both ways that two types can be combined.
It does not you fucking moron. Do the math. Do it right now. Show us.
>>
>>31633522
>not 17 + 18*17/2
>>
>>31638761
That's right, it's not whatever the hell you just wrote.
>>
>>31637440
>Huge Power Shadow Sneak
this is already in Ubers
>>
>>31637518
It has sense, first we got a gimmick for their forms, then a gimmick for their moves. Its very probably that the next gimmick is going to be about abilities.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.