[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your hopes for the next Pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Looker.png (89KB, 162x428px) Image search: [Google]
Looker.png
89KB, 162x428px
What are your hopes for the next Pokemon game?
>>
>>31625333
>second region

That's literally all I want.

;_;
>>
File: 1485395670185.png (210KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
1485395670185.png
210KB, 600x390px
>>31625333
I have no hopes. SuMo is selling well, it's the end. The next game is going to be chock full of cutscenes and friendship handholding with even more features removed and new mechanics shoved at us. It's going to be shit. Mark my words.
>>
>>31625407
we ffxv now boys
>>
>>31625333
>ability to rechallenge trainers, gym leaders, etc. And for them to grow stronger each rematch
>decent story with replay value
>return of triples and swarm battles (and hopefully not completely tank things.)

Purely pie in the sky dream:

>Sweeping rebalancing of all pokemon for equal viability and the elimination of pseudo legends.
>>
>>31625333
>Join Avenue and PSS, Festival Plaza was a clusterfuck
>faster breeding
>no more SOS
>buff Ice-types defensively
>more hair and clothing customization. If everyone else gets anime hair, then why can't I? Also I want to be able to replicate any protagonist from the main game.
>make sure Treehouse doesn't fuck things up
>VS Seeker
>>
>>31625333
What hopes? >>31625407 spelled it out perfectly.
>>
Return to sprites and tile based movement.
>>
More regional forms, I guess.
>>
i hope looker dies, i hate him
>>
Game starts in the Sevii Islands, immediately after the events of Sun and Moon

Gold and Silver are main characters, and are 7 years older. Plot deals with Team Snagam's successor experiencing a resurgence in Orre, Western Johto, and more recently Sevii.

MC is a Sevii native, and has to vanquish this evil organization from their region, while also piecing together how faraway regions like Orre fit into it. Post game MC can travel to sections of those faraway regions for national dex and more plot.
>>
for it to be good for once
>>
Hopes?
DP remakes or Kalos 2

Reality?
Alola 2 with more pointless cutscenes so who cares
>>
>>31625333
All I want is is a non-spin off console game desu
The portability aspect doesn't interest me and I'd even be fine with just ports of the 3DS games.
>>
>>31625997
Woah Nanu calm down there
>>
File: Meirl.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Meirl.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>Hopes

An actual post-game, enjoyable exploration, cool region lore, non-linearity, more regional variants and less more high-quality new pokemon,Quality of Life changes and features (like an actual egg hatching road instead of an autism corner), hidden surprises and optional stuff to entertain the more hardcore/adult audience.

>Expectations

Endless hours of cutscenes where the game considers me retarded, power of friendship story, linear region with one area for each pokemon type, another pointless gimmick that will be forgotten the next game, a battle tower ripoff, cut content and ignoring the adult audience in exchange for more appeal to the kiddy demographic.
>>
>>31626852
>less more high-quality new pokemon

I think I didn't word this correctly, I meant less quantity, and more quality. We don't need filler pokemon.
>>
>>31625333
More PokeWaifua
>>
>>31625407
This is how it feels when you realize you're finally too old for this shit.

There is a timeline where gen 5 caught on and became the standard of the series instead of the genwunners shrieking on Twitter and ruining everything. Enjoy another decade of shallow games with no replay value you cucks.
>>
>>31625333
It should end
>>
>>31626883
>There is a timeline where gen 5 caught on and became the standard of the series

Finally somebody else gets it. Gen 5 was the Mature pokemon game everyone wanted, so much so that even the PROTAGONISTS are older.

But for some reason people thought it was a retarded idea, so they said "fuck it, people don't want moral dillemmas, they just want stories of friendship" while making the protagonists 10 again.

I want to live in that timeline.
>>
>>31625333
Well, SM have been the first "original versions" to be exemplary, up to the point where I would consider it in my top 3 Pokemon games. All the others are third versions and remakes.

So, I think a third version for SM or an SM2 would be the perfect Pokemon game. If you combined SM's difficulty, good region design, good music, and good gameplay, with BW2's mon diversity and postgame, it would be fucking amazing.
>>
>>31625407
what the fuck is your endgoal?

why do you keep spamming threads with your obvious bait attempts? it's not funny at all anymore and we all know that you're trying to get (you)s. just fucking stop, please. /vp/ is already shit as it is, you don't need to make it worse.
>>
>>31625997
t. Nanu
>>
File: marshal.jpg (31KB, 183x182px) Image search: [Google]
marshal.jpg
31KB, 183x182px
>>31625333
2 gens in a row of less than 100 actual new pokemon killed all my hopes
>>
>>31625333
that this fucker will stop being injected into every ones backstory.

Christ. Talk about running a character into the ground.
>>
>>31627586
>telling the truth is bait

I don't condone spamming the board with SM hate threads, but you gotta admit the guy has a point. Something is wrong with Pokemon and God knows it ain't getting better.
>>
>>31628578
I don't think he has a point.

I loved SM and am glad that the series is going towards a more difficult, story-based kind of way.
>>
File: Gaping_Dragon.png (488KB, 881x530px) Image search: [Google]
Gaping_Dragon.png
488KB, 881x530px
Move Tutors
Ultra beasts actually being a part of the storyline
fleshing out locations like Lanikila, the vacant lots in every town, the pagoda in Mailie garden, the volcano, resolution cave, etc
adding pokemon to the regions dex that were absent for no reason, solrock, lunatone and mantine for example
New formes of Necrozma and Guzzlord
>>
>>31629762
Fuck "story" and everyone who likes it. If I wanted yet another cliche and cutscene filled JRPG telling me I'm the chosen one I'd go play some cheap trash like a Tales game and get better facial expressions on my character models, too.
>>
>>
>>31630086
SM's story is not only dogshit but dime-a-dozen dogshit and the way it's forced upon the player further continues the removal of the freedom and non-linearity the series had back in the beginning, and if you or anyone likes this removal of player control, you have shit taste and are part of the problem.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.