[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Megas that should have been regular evolutions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 354Banette-Mega.png (130KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
354Banette-Mega.png
130KB, 417x417px
ITT Megas that should have been regular evolutions.
>>
>>31625093
Pretty much any mega of a small-medium 1-stage Pokemon, like Mawile, Absol or Sableye.
>>
>>31625572
>allowing mawile-mega and sableye-mega to hold items
>>
>>31625572
Eviolite Sableye when?
>>
is a mega evolution that's a regular evolution a megular evolution
>>
I actually feel like all mega should have been just one more regular evolution.
>>
>>31625611
Megas seem to be their way of saying we're never getting fourth stages.
>>
>>31625626

But they are fourth stages, just that they are temporal.

Just a waste of time in battle, really. I mean everyone is gonna evolve Charizard the second he comes in, why not just let us evolve him forever and save that animation time?
>>
>>31625641
Because Eviolite fucked everything up. That item needs to be removed if we want to have traditional cross-gen evolutions back, otherwise you get nonsense like Eviolite Tyranitar or Eviolite Wish Salamence running around.
>>
>>31625641
Mega evolution being temporal is a very important part of the whole thing. Playing with the regular form's strengths and mega evolving at the right time can be a whole layer of strategy.

Granted, when the mega completely improves from the base form in every single way there's no reason not to mega evolve right away (see: charizard, medicham, lopunny, beedrill), but sometimes the base form has something the mega loses (slowbro's regenerator, sableye's prankster, sharpedo's speed boost). Imagine how much shittier M-sharpedo would be without access to that protect+speed boost combo, or M-gyarados, that has an already strong base form and can choose its weaknesses depending if it mega evolves or not. I have had battles in which kangaskhan's scrappy fake out is worth waiting to mega evolve it.

I would guess if megas aren't regular 4th stage evos is because:
>There would really be nothing preventing you from running a 6 mega team
>Mega mawile holding a choice band
>Mega garchomp holding choice specs
>Mega latios holding soul dew
>Eviolite recover prankster sableye
>EVIOLITE SLACK OFF REGENERATOR SLOWBRO

Granted megas could be nerfed just about enough to pass them for regular evos, but nerfing them kinda defeats the point, and at least for me only a few of them actually look like proper evos (m-banette, m-mawile, m-medicham)
>>
>>31625641
Not every Pokemon benefits from mega evolving right away every time.
>>
>>31625858
Why don't they just ignore the item then? You can't get any of the gems now.
>>
Design-wise, I think these megas could feasibly pass as separate evos:

>Alakazam
>Heracross
>Banette
>Pidgeot
>Audino
>maybe Houndoom

Whether they should have or not is a different question.
>>
>>31625976
>>Mega garchomp holding choice specs
>>Mega latios holding soul dew
are you actually retarded
>>
>>31625858

Eviolite really didn't do anything. Pokemon with 500/600 BST generally did not get cross-gen evos.

If you look at Gen 4 for example, most of the stronger cross-gen evos went from mid/high-400 to mid-500. The only one that was above 500 already was Porygon2, a common Evolite candidate.
>>
>>31626131
>Talking about the reasons why megas have to be temporary item-holding form changes instead of regular evolutions
>Using choice mega mawile/garchomp as examples of what cpuld go wrong if megas could hold items
How is it living with that reading comprehension, you tremendous retard?
>>
>>31625593
Mawile shouldn't even have huge power.
Gamefreak
>>
>>31625572
Pokemon like Absol, medicham, and banette got cucked hard. They not only have to compete for a mega slot but they also have to try and justify their use over mega evolutions that literally do the same thing better (diancie and sableye over Absol, gallade and lucario over medicham, etc)

Mega evolution could have been perfect, but it ended up fucking over most Pokemon that got one more than it helped. If mega Absol was just a regular evo I guarantee it'd be on many more teams for the kind of magic bounce volt turn bullshit people would pull, and scarfed medicham and banette would be pretty good. Mega evolution is liquid dogshit
>>
>>31626656
>gallade
>better than medicham
Sub 1800 shitter detected.
>>
>>31626656
Medicham's stupid amount of attack doesn't have to prove itself.

It literally just deletes anything that switches in you can predict. If it isn't a ghost switching in, its gone.
>>
>>31626696
No, but its terrible speed and bulk do
>>
>>31626715
Check viability rankings and usage before you speak out of your ass.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.