[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a proper Pokemon anime, not some school life bullshit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

I want a proper Pokemon anime, not some school life bullshit. Does no one in Japan care or complain about it? If they do, why the fuck is no one listening?
>>
Sriously, dunno why they cant make an origins or generations type of show. I mean yeah the qualilty wont be as good but i'd rather watch the story of the far more relatable red or have it be an anthology show where each ep showcases a different pokemon in the life of a different trainer
>>
>>31623009
I honestly don't care about the Trainer. I just want him or her to not be retarded. Have it be Ash, I don't care. Just make him at least as competent as Alan or Red, and not waste time with bullshit fillers.
>>
>>31623023
Its some kind of marketing strategy to have ash be a blank slate for a character.
At this point there are so many better characters from just the manga alone that would be better replacements.
>>
>>31622983
As long as Origins' Red isn't the MC, I'm all in for it. That thing was a totally uncalled for mess of a hybrid: Adventures' Red personality, FR/LG Costume and Naruto's VA.. if I ever see that thing again, I'm gonna cry.
>>
Seriously though, even fucking Digimon puts more effort on their anime. You would imagine something as big as Pokemon would too. It seems like Nintendo doesn't care about anime all that much. Almost none of their big titles have anything worth mentioning.
>>
>>31622983
They don't care about an anime for 8 year olds, why else would the original Dragon Ball Z and One Piece animes be so fucking awful?
>>
>>31623111
They're awful with budget and quality. They at least put in some effort to make the story itself good.
>>
>no quiet, subdued Pokemon anime that just focuses on world building and daily life with Pokemon
>>
>>31622983
>Does no one in Japan care or complain about it?

origins flopped in japan
>>
>>31623122
children will literally watch anything as long as it's bright and loud enough. They don't care about good stories, they want jokes and sight gags and cool transformations to buy merchandise of.

If the target audience was teens or something then you could argue that they need to change gears, but it isn't

I tried rewatching Mega man NT Warrior and Transformers Armada and they were both fucking terrible experiences
>>
>>31623164
And I'm saying I want a proper Pokemon anime. I'm not a kid. GF knows their audience consists of more than just kids. They've even acknowledged it. What kids watch is irrelevant. Make a better anime, everyone will watch it, including kids. They will only be getting a bigger audience.
>>
>>31623164
Subbed Armada ain't bad

The Rockman.EXE anime was shit though, yes
>>
>>31623150
Flopped how? In terms of views or critically?
>>
File: 1485899364454.jpg (59KB, 960x630px) Image search: [Google]
1485899364454.jpg
59KB, 960x630px
>>31622983
Come on, the current anime isn't so bad now that Ash is going to have his rectum destroyed.
>>
>>31623402
Views. An Iris special had higher ratings and she's the least popular main girl.
>>
>>31623451
That's surprising. I'd imagine ZardX's reveal would attract more people. There's a lot of genwunners in Japan too.
>>
>>31623451
That was a cilan special and cilan is popular in japan
>>
>>31622983
No, Japan like the ashnime
>>
>>31623683
>Japan like the ashnime
[Citation needed]
>>
I want an anime that constantly changes characters, much like Yu-Gi-Oh!. Granted, there won't be stuff like bringing old 'mons back from previous regions to fight in the League(not like it happened in Kalos anyways), and the main character, unlike Ash, won't have the knowledge of previous gen mons.
>>
>>31622983
>Does no one in Japan care or complain about it?
Japan loves SoL shit, poor OP

If you're counting on them to save you, i have bad news
>>
>>31624017
I keep seeing this, but with no actual source. Even the west likes the anime, in that sense. Not everyone hates it. Unless literally everyone likes ashnime in Japan, it's the same.
>>
>>31623487
>There's a lot of genwunners in Japan too.
ZardX has nothing to do with genwunners you tard
>>
>>31624017
To add to this, viewing /padt/ during air date will give you insight on what airs just before or just after the anime airs.
>>
>>31624027
>Even the west likes the anime, in that sense. Unless literally everyone likes ashnime in Japan, it's the same.

Remember all the complaints about the artstyle being a step down, about ash acting dumb, about wanting XY tone back, and all this shit you see around the pokemon community here? Japan had none of that. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Yeah, there are always the contrarias anywhere in the world, but the reception to SM in Japan is incredibly positive. They like it. They never complained about it. They don't complain about it now.

>b-but i don't belibe it show me dem proofs

I'm not your fucking translator. It's all over japanese internet, go read it or go learn japanese if you can't read.
>>
>>31624027
Pokemon and youkai are the only anime on tv Tokyo get high ratings, where are yugioh arc v, digimon appli, bayblade Naruto???
>>
>>31624050
That hate was universal. Every country thought it was dumb. Not just a single one from America, or some other shithole from Europe. Literally everyone. Japan wasn't the only exception. It isn't a land of contrarians like people might have you believe. It seems like you're just reciting what you read on /vp/, without actually checking anywhere.

>>31624063
>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-01/japan-animation-tv-ranking-november-21-27/.109394
A quick google search says otherwise. Those two are at the bottom of the list, with only 3.8 rating.
>>
>>31624080
>That hate was universal. Every country thought it was dumb.
Wrong

> It seems like you're just reciting what you read on /vp/, without actually checking anywhere

No, that seems exactly what you're doing. You say "thing is not like that!" and you post no fucking proof. Go ahead, show me Japan hating on the new artstyle as you claim they did
>>
I want a Yugioh Type anime where they think out strategies in their head to extravagance. Like even to the extent of trying to predict counter switches and trying to run damage calculations in their head
>>
>>31624080
Are you retarded
Chibi Maruko-chan, Shin-chan, Sazae-san, Doraemon, PreCure

All SoL
>>
>>31624109
What does that have to do with anything? My point was that it's not rated "high", even by SoL standards.
>>
>>31624117
And the point was that Japan love SoL shit, which is why they dominate the top10 chart and Pokemon wants that cake whether the West likes it or not (because they don't care, never did and never will)

Are you even reading the thread you cherrypicking faggot
>>
>>31624089
>Go ahead, show me Japan hating on the new artstyle as you claim they did
Fuck you, had to use google in Japanese for this shit. Here's a single site I pulled from top of the page, keeping time range around when the art style was first revealed.

>http://okutta.blog.jp/archives/6514402.html

Here's some comments, in case you're too retarded to even look that up before spouting shit without any source.

>作画崩壊もん
>許せない(許さない)…
>ブスになった
>え、ムリ。
>サトシの息子だよ…きっと…(震え声)
>結局この作画のまま行くのかよ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>でもなんかやだ。すごくヤダ。もう見なi((

The burden of proof was on you, but I still gave you some source just to say FUCK YOU.
>>
>>31624080
Im talking tv Tokyo channel, idiot
>>
Pokémon animes will always be for children. You're going to be disappointed if you expect any more. If you're going to enjoy the show all the same, great, there's nothing wrong with liking something you're not in the target demographic for! But you have to accept the sorts of things that come with the territory of the target demographic, including in this instance repetitive plots, simpler characters and a heavy focus on marketing over storytelling.

Switch off your brain a little, lower your expectations and you can enjoy the anime just fine. If you go in expecting an animated series on a par with something aimed at adults, you'll likely be disappointed.
>>
>>31624207
Yes, anon, I realize that. That's why I'm ranting about wanting a new anime. The only requirement I have is that it's not shit, like SM anime. It can be for kids, but at least be on par with games' quality, which are also for kids. Normally, it shouldn't be too much to ask for, but with Pokemon, seems like I'm asking for something impossible.
>>
>>31624250
Its shudo fault
>>
>>31623096
That's because digimon's franchise was built on the anime. Pokemon's franchise was built on the game.
>>
>>31623122
The story (aside from fillers) comes from the manga. The animation company barely had to put any effort into it.
>>
>>31624348
And the worlds are different, Digimon is more realistic in the real real worlds Pokemon no
>>
>>31624405
Might get some shit for saying this, but I think Origins and Generations, even SM game portrayed Pokemon world in a pretty entertaining way.
>>
>>31624392
Something similar can be done with Pokemon. Adapt and expand upon the games, rather than giving us a mary sue faggot in a fucking school.
>>
>>31622983
Why are so many of these threads being made outside /padt/? Seriously, it's getting out of control now. The mods need to start policing these threads and making it clear all this shit belongs in the ashnime thread.
>>
>>31622983

What fucking "school life"

The school is barely even relevant, it's just there so Ash can hang out with his new friends in-between trials since the traditional 8 gym and league stucture has been abandoned
>>
I want Alain back
>>
>Nobody's made a joke about Japanese people loving school
disappointing
>>
>>31622983
If the millions of anime and manga taking place in school hasn't tipped you off I honestly don't know what will

the anime turning srs seems to be a western-only sentiment.
>>
The anime has always been this garbage. Really I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for how fucking boring Ash is. At least most characters from Special are interesting, even if a lot of them are bad characters.
>>
>>31623150
>origins flopped in japan
Japs have shit taste, literally nothing new
>>
>>31623023
>as competent as red
Red tries to catch the ratata of another trainer
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.