[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

serious fucking question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: why.jpg (249KB, 797x841px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
249KB, 797x841px
why the fuck do people still run sitrus berry instead of confusion berries that restore 50%? am i retarded or something?
>>
>>31620282
I'd rather recover 25% than 50% and get confused. It's a low reward for such a high risk. Especially for physical attackers, i.e. Belly Drum users.
>>
>>31620282
Sitrus works at 50% health.
Those confusion berries work at like 25% health I believe.
>>
It would only be good on pokemon with the ability own tempo
>>
>>31620325
>>31620332

The berries only confuse the Pokemon if its nature is detrimental to the matching berry, i.e. a Figy Berry only confuses -Atk Nature Pokemon.
Gluttony Linoone loves Belly Drum Figy Berry now.
>>
>>31620282
Risk vs reward.

confusion berries are 50% heal under 25% health, sitrus is 25% heal under 50% health, obviously sitrus is safer, so used in more multipurpose reasons etc. If you can use the confusion berries consistently/ safely, through high HP & defences or substitute sets, it is worth, but you will always risk getting KO'd at >25% hp.
>>
>>31620325
>>31620332
You people realize they only confuse the Pokemon if they dislike the flavor, right?
Anyways, the main reason is that they only proc at 25% normally. Gluttony Pokemon can make use of it, since it will activate at 50% instead.
>>
>>31620325
>>31620332
you know that 4 out of the 5 confusion berries wont actually confuse right, and youre just pretending to be stupid, right
>>
The confusion berries are riskier because they only activate at <25% as opposed to Sitrus <50%. But the confusion berries are definitely better on Pokemon that have Gluttony.
>>
Wonder if Snorlax + Gluttony + 50% berry + recycle would be viable

It basically gives a "Recover" to Snorlax
>>
>>31620785
At the cost of its ability and item slot? Not really worth it.
>>
>>31620785
>Heatmor can also do this
>Fire Lash lowering defense means it could theoretically whittle down another recovering Pokemon and win the matchup
>still has access to sucker punch
This sounds genuinely interesting. Maybe this is what they had in mind when giving this to Heatmor.
>>
>>31620870
Could probably still run it with thick fat, Snorlax has the stats that it can pretty safely get its health as low as 25% but then it becomes riskier
>>
>>31620785
>>31620870
>>31620897

Gluttony/Figi Berry/Recycle Snorlax is legit the new way to run it in VGC after that one dude placed in a tourney with it. It's the only Snorlax I've seen hanging around the 1600's, except for some janky AV trickroomlax that I admittedly almost lost to....

In any case, it's just a less risky version of some of the earlier defensive mons that become a nuisance if you fail to one-shot it or forgo running a strong physical attacker. A lot safer and more consistent than belly drum and AV, if more reliant on knowing when to recover and when to lay on the hurt.
>>
>>31620872
having recover doesn't mean much when everything and its mother one shots it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.