[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red boxed Pokemon were originally going to be Gen 1 Pokemon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: kRWg8b.png (509KB, 1089x1457px) Image search: [Google]
kRWg8b.png
509KB, 1089x1457px
Red boxed Pokemon were originally going to be Gen 1 Pokemon, but they were saved for later.

How much better would Gen 1 have been if it had included these pokemon?
>>
>>31617876
>no togepi
You didn't even try.
>>
>>31617876
Heracrossfags would be even more annoying
>>
>>31617910
Fagapooss couldn't compete with ScythGOD
>>
>>31617931
>ScythGOD
are you from ATRL or something
>>
>>31617940
>celebrity gossip forum
Nah, /tv/ fulfills my needs already.
>>
>>31617940
there was a thread yesterday about someone saying scythgod was superior in every way to shitzor
>>
>>31617876
That's only placeholders for Johto Guard glitch, Togepi and Marill and maybe Miltank were really meant to be part of the original 190, why Miltank because Tauros doesn't make sense without a Cow based Pokémon.
>>
>>31617876
The Horsea line would be less puzzling if that was the case. "Dragon" pokemon that aren't Dragon typed? There was no constancy until Kingdra came.
>>
>mono rock pseudo
garbage
>>
I recall a Smogon thread were Morimoto was asked about those scrapped gen 1 mons and he said Ho-oH wasn't one of them.
>>
File: heracross_by_alliusis-d66l0i2.jpg (118KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
heracross_by_alliusis-d66l0i2.jpg
118KB, 1024x819px
Genwunners who hate Heracross are just retarded. Nothing has ever felt like it was one of the first ever designed pokemon than Heracross.
>>
If they WERE in gen 1, that means that literally any mon could be stupidly considered as part of the "original" by very stubborn genwunners, further proving the fact that it doesn't even matter what generation a Pokemon is from
>>
>>31618559
If Dark didn't exist Tyranitar almost certainly would've just been Rock/Ground like its prevos.
>>
>>31617876
>Maril/PikaBlu isn't red

this list is shit.
>>
>>31617876
I remember reading at the time that there were memory concerns with the GB at the time so they had to limit the amount of pokemon.

>>31618607
who hates herobug? He and scizor tie for most loved bug in favourite threads on /vg/.
>>
>>31618774
The "there's only 151 pokemon"-fags. They know exactly who they are.
>>
Then Gen 1 would have pretty much all of my most favorite designs.
>>
>>31617876
Wait, so almost all of Johto's good looking Pokemon were originally Kanto's? Remove Crobat, Sudowodo, Steelix and Slowking, and Gen 2 would've had nothing good.
>>
File: 1393211482208.png (73KB, 700x979px) Image search: [Google]
1393211482208.png
73KB, 700x979px
>>31618990
>Yanma
>Wooper line
>Spinarak line
>Ledian
>Murkrow
>Mareep line
>Gligar
>Totodile Line
>Cyndaquil Line
>Bad
>>
>>31619074
Also Xatu before 3d fucked it up
>>
>>31619074
Mareep, I'll give you that. The rest are bland as fuck. Boring at best, neither realistic or good looking.
>>
>>31617876
>better
You realize they were cut for a reason, right? Pokemon like Muk and Seel were considered better than them, and for good cause. With the exception of the legends they're all blobby messes that don't fit in with gen 1's aesthetic at all, and the legends with the exception of Ho-Oh are just rehashes of the Kanto legends.

The Johto dex sucks dick, man.
>>
File: 1482104210550.png (67KB, 479x207px) Image search: [Google]
1482104210550.png
67KB, 479x207px
>>31619074
>Implying Tanma, Murkrow and Gengar were any good before their evolutions
>>
>the good baby mons (magby, elekid, smoochum, tyrogue) were originally gen 1
>the shitty ones (igglybuff, cleffa, pichu) are gen 2

really makes me think
>>
>>31617876
>Lugia
Calling bullshit on that one.
>>
All those pokemon would have sucked outside of the legends and pseudos, because they sucked in Gen 2, with the exception of Usaring, Porygon 2 and MAYBE Donphan.
>>
>>31619074
>Typhlosion
>good
>>
>>31617876
This fucking meme again.
Those are just the Gen II Pokemon that Missingno turns into when traded to GSC. When Gamefreak was adding new Pokemon to the game in in Gen II, they filled all the open slots after Victreebel (the last Pokemon programmed in Gen I) with Chikorita through Qwilfish. They ran out of room, so Scizor through Ho-oh were stuck in the empty slots between old Pokemon, which is what Missingno were in RBY.
>>
>>31620592
Not saying you're wrong, but I'm curious. If this is true, why isn't Celebi included in those missing slots?
>>
>Ho-oh
But wasn't it showing up in the first episode of the anime a teaser for the idea that there were more Pokemon that were yet to be discovered?

Plus that would have meant that there would be two phoenixes in Gen 1. That's weird. There's no reason that should be weird, but it's weird, right?
>>
I think the better question is.
What would gen 2 been like if they were included.
>>
The scrapped Gen 1 Pokemon are exactly what it says on the tin: scrapped

They were shit, so they weren't used in Gen 1, and weren't used down the line
>>
>>31621325
After the first episode originally aired, they announced that "Pokemon 2" was in development after the credits rolled.

Ho-oh was suppose to be THE Ultimate Pokemon before they decided to cull the number of Pokemon down to 150; Motres would have been a fire-bird, while Ho-oh would have been a real phoenix.
>>
>>31621249
he's not wrong. It's a fact.
There were originally 190 pokemon planned for the first gen I but 39 were scrapped due to memory limitation.
Some of them might got into the games in gen II or in later games, or maybe not at all.
I, personally, believe mons like Kingdra, Lugia, Tyranitar line, Magby and Elekid were part of these 39 but, as I've said, some of them might not been part of gen II like Munna (the girl mentioned a pink floral patterned mon) and Tortuga (the beta art) or some might got scrapped all entirely
>>
You're now aware that if they were in Gen 1 in the first place, some of them would probably have gotten Alola forms.
>>
>>31624570

aaaaaaah... this art...back when pokemon were badass and not completely for little retarded japanese kids... I miss that
>>
>>31623157
There were likely more Pokemon designed to meet the 100 quota. Maybe one or two Hoenn Pokemon.

>>31624570
I'm reminded of the fact that Shellos and Gastrodon were originally meant to be in RSE.
>>
>>31617876
Somehow I don't buy this
I mean why would they plan for a steel-coated scyther but not a steel-coated onyx?
Or how about multiple dark/steel types in general?
Or Porygon 2, whose entire gag was mirroring graphical evolution in 3D games
Or Hitmontop, who sticks out like a sore thumb next to chan and lee
Or the fact that Togepi/Snubbul aren't one of the pokes highlighted in red despite both showing up before gen 2 started
>>
>>31618661
Lots of genwunners, most of them probably, stop at gen 2.
>>
>>31624781
>Somehow I don't buy this
>I mean why would they plan for a steel-coated scyther but not a steel-coated onyx?
What about onix itself implies.it HAS to have a steel evolution?
>Or how about multiple dark/steel types in general?
Either steel was gonna be there first(magnemite) or they werent gonna be steel/dark in the first place(possoby magnemite again). Gen 2 also introduced a"fairy" pokemon long before the type.
>Or Hitmontop, who sticks out like a sore thumb next to chan and lee
That's subjective at best
>Or the fact that Togepi/Snubbul aren't one of the pokes highlighted in red despite both showing up before gen 2 started
That has nothing to do with this.

Not saying op is right, but those arent reason not to believe it.
>>
>>31617876
>2/3 of my gen 2 favs are now from gen 1

gen 1 now has 5 of my favorites, thats a pretty good gen
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.