[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tryed to buff Avalugg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Artwork713.png (138KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
Artwork713.png
138KB, 475x475px
Base Stat
PS: 95 --> 115
Atk: 117
Def: 184 --> 175
SpA: 44 --> 11
SpD: 46 --> 90
Spe: 28 --> 10
BST: 514 --> 518

Abilities
Ice Body
Sturdy (HA)
Own Tempo ---> Cryoshield (New)

Cryoshield
This pokémon is envelopped in an ice mantle so deep that:
- Every physical move used against this pokémon will become ice-type, maintaining all its characteristics but becoming of this type.
- This pokémon cannot be burned
- Water-type and Ice-type special moves will heal this pokémon by 25% and rise its defense by 1.
- Attacking pokémon whom use contact-making fighting-type moves will have their speed dropped by 1 after the contact.
- Fire moves will have no effects untill the shield is up. Yet, using such a move will cause the shield to fade for all the time this pokémon is active.(nb physical fire moves won't do so, as they will become ice-type, dealing their resisted damage).
- If This pokémon loses its ice-type for the effect of some moves, the shield will fade.
- Swithing-out this pokémon will reset the ability if the shield faded.
- Graphically, there will be an ice aura around this pokémon which will expire when the shield is destroyed.

New moves
Vortex Ice Ball - Lv 55 - Gyro ball (same properties and effects and stat) but ice type. The pokémon attacks spinning on itself.
Glaziation - Lv 41 - (ice type EQ). May freeze. (10%). The pokémon makes some stalagmites emerge from to ground to attack.

Did I made him OU, /vp/?
>>
File: autism speaks.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
autism speaks.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
Honestly the best way to buff a majority of the Ice-type Pokemon is to buff Hail effects. Sandstorm got a better buff yet Hail was pretty much left in the dust with the exception of Aurora Veil (which in a meta that mainly uses Steel-types, it's difficult to actually get down the Aurora Veil with its most reliable user, Ninetails, and not get instantly fucked over).
Anyway, here's my idea on buffing Ice types that works well with more than half of the Ice-type abilities:
Make Hail never go away in a battle unless another weather move/ability is used and also rework how the Freeze status condition works (essentially like sleep in terms of duration, but comes from moves). Also change the effect of getting frozen from 10% to 20% in said Hail.
That's it. This means that Dewgong/Walrein with Aqua Ring + Ice Body + Leftovers, Snow Cloak users, the two Slush Rush users and Blizzard spamming Sp. Attackers are all now more viable than they ever have been before, but not overpowered as most Ice types that benefit from Hail have shitty stats. I have extensive usage with almost every Ice-type, and after a while you realize that the typing just isn't that viable in most situations. I use Bind + Binding Band Cryogonal, for Christ sake.

Your idea isn't that bad though , but the solution to buffing Avalugg isn't to give it some ridiculously OP and complicated ability like what Gamefreak normally does.
>>
File: 1477902819296.gif (748KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
1477902819296.gif
748KB, 500x508px
>Slow ice type
>OU
That ability is pretty broken
>>
Cryoshield is a complete clusterfuck of an ability.
Try this instead: solid ice (exactly the same as solid rock, but with a different name).

Raising avalugg's SpD and HP is the way to go, but don't lower its Defense.

The ice variation of gyro ball and EQ could very well work as signature moves.
>>
>>31614082
Solid Rock and all its variants are trash.
>>
>>31613942
Also Defog dispels the aura effect and the shield with it.
>>
File: durr.png (36KB, 858x258px) Image search: [Google]
durr.png
36KB, 858x258px
>>31613942
>that ability

Do you even play Pokemon?
>>
>>31614093
You're wrong tho. Reducing damage from your weaknesses can be very useful for slow walls.

Solid rock really should reduce damage by 30% or even 50% considering the pokemon that get it have all a x4 weakness, but that's a different point.
>>
>>31614122
Also

>Water-type and Ice-type special moves will heal this pokémon by 25% and rise its defense by 1.

is no longer a thing. And:

>Every physical move used against this pokémon will become ice-type, maintaining all its characteristics but becoming of this type.

doesn't apply for fire moves. So P-fire-type moves will destroy the shield as well. But the damage of those moves while the shield is still up is reduced by 50%. Same with the special ones, rathar than dealing no damage the first time they deal 50% of it.

And again

>Every physical move used against this pokémon will become ice-type

is

>Every contact-dealing move used against this pokémon will become ice-type and cause the attack to low its speed by one

this way:

>Attacking pokémon whom use contact-making fighting-type moves will have their speed dropped by 1 after the contact.

no longer exists
>>
>>31614155
>Wasting a megaslot for that FU shitmon
So how that would buff it?
>>
that ability is like 10 abilities in one what the fuck
>>
>>31613942
Neo-Cryoshield.
While hailing it creates an aura shield that:
- Every contact-dealing move used against this pokémon will become ice-type and cause the attack to low its user speed by one, except if they are fire-type.
- This pokémon cannot be burned as the shield is up. Will-o-wisp will cause the shield to fade.
- As long as the shield is up, fire moves will deal 50% of their damage to this pokémon, but cause the aura-shield to expire.
- If This pokémon loses its ice-type for the effect of some moves, the shield will fade. Also defog and rapid spin dispels it, as well as using Sunny day or related abilites.
- Swithing-out this pokémon will end the aura.
- Graphically, there will be an ice aura around this pokémon which will expire when the shield is destroyed.
When it's not hailing:
- Contact moves slows the user speed by 1.
- Steel-, Fire-, Fighting- and Rock-types moves damage is reduced by 25%.

>>31614240
Well technically, the ability itself just does one thing in summoning the aura-veil.
>>
>>31613942
>>31614205
This thing walls all physical attackers besides Mold Breakers and Fire-types because it otherwise resist everything and has no weakness.
>- Every physical move used against this pokémon will become ice-type, maintaining all its characteristics but becoming of this type.
What made you think this was a good idea? Even with the nerfs in your second posts, it's disgusting.

Here's the strongest physical Ice-type attack in the game (and it has to be from an Ice-type so you at least get STAB on it)
252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-Black Freeze Shock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Avalugg: 140-165 (32.3 - 38.1%) -- 1.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
And it does not even 3HKO.
And it gets Recover.
I know all of this applies to Chansey too, but Chansey was a fucking mistake and you should NOT repeat that mistake.
>>
Water bubble/10
>>
>>31614224
>how would that buff it

Can you even read?
>>
>>31614491
hail is needed.
see >>31614371
>>
>>31614491
That's the point though. Using fire-types for weak it, so it's useless again as it loses its ability/it's forced out.
>>
>>31614491
>what is stone edge
>>
>>31614491
>252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Avalugg: 336-396 (85.4 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
u wot m8
And I'm even supposing it managed to get its shield, that stone edge ignores anyway.
It even needs a turn If it runs hail to setup it, then ok it will last forever even after the hail ended or other weather but sun is set.
>>
>>31614709
here the proper calc, didn't change hp
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Avalugg: 336-396 (77.5 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
>>
>>31613942
>that ability
I thought this was a serious post until I clicked read more

Water bubble was stretching it, this is tearing it a new one
>>
>>31614491
>it otherwise resist everything and has no weakness.
>>
>>31614556
>>31614636
>>31614647
>>31614709
>>31616746
Stop samefagging you mong
>>
>>31613942
>that ability
Fuck outta here. Just the Special Defense buff + a half-decent subtype Water, maybe Ground, potentially Steel if you're damn certain of what you're doing with it + Unaware would be fine.
>>
>>31614067
The problem with hail is that stacking Ice types is a really fucking bad idea.
>>
>Type: Steel

There, I buffed Avalugg.
>>
>>31613942
that ability is too complicated. Here's a better, more simplistic one that is reasonable.

Cryoshield:
-Freezes opponents for exactly 1 turn on physical contact (switching does not remove frz as usual)
>>
>>31613942
>That Minmaxing
>That complicated OP literally special snowflake ability
>>
>>31613942
what the fuck is with that ability
It's broken as all hell, only fire types can touch it, and at that only special attacking fire types
>>
>>31617476
Fire-type moves aren't effective at all, at least while the shield is up, so you get a turn to fuck around when the Fire-type comes in, then you switch out after your broken-as-fuck shield melts, then you switch back in with your shield restored to totally absorb another hit later.
>>
>>31617469
>literally special snowflake ability
I can make cryoshield-tier ability for every pokémon
>>
>>31617728
Do it bitchboy
>>
>>31617796
tell me a shitmon
>>
>That ability

Here, let me fix that for you.

>Cyroshell
>Takes 50% less damage from physical attacks in hail.

Also just to fix Ice types in general

>Hail naturally boosts the Defence of ice types by 50%
>>
>>31617812
Unown.
>>
>>31617796
>>31618263

>>31617970
Next one.
>>
>>31618275
>didn't do Unown
Fine.
Luvdisc.
>>
>>31618306
>>31618663
Can something be more broken?
>>
File: 0a5.png (192KB, 286x401px) Image search: [Google]
0a5.png
192KB, 286x401px
>>31613942
>that ability

Do you even play this fucking game?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.