[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, is it a generally accepted truth that the Klinklang line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: VVNDVin[1].png (14KB, 638x296px) Image search: [Google]
VVNDVin[1].png
14KB, 638x296px
So, is it a generally accepted truth that the Klinklang line is alright, at least conceptually, but that Klang should not exist and there should be an alternate final stage? That's usually the complaint I hear.
>>
the entire line shouldn't exist period
>>
>>31613631
I never call anyone a genwunner, but also I literally only hear people say that who are genwunners.
>>
>>31613617
No its not OP.
The whole line is shit. The concept is fine but the execution is abysmal. Its definition of why people hate inanimate Pokemon.
>>
desu the line would be fine if Klink was just a single gear
>>
I'd be fine with the line if it didn't have that stupid sesame street shocked expression
>>
>>31613617
>So, is it a generally accepted truth that
No.

It doesn't matter what follows this phrase. The answer is always going to be no.
>>
File: gear shift.jpg (119KB, 811x702px) Image search: [Google]
gear shift.jpg
119KB, 811x702px
>>31613617
The jump from Klink to Klinklank is too severe, the subtle additions better portray its mechanical evolution, rather than biological; each evolution is it upgrading.
my fav steel type, pls don't bully it
>>
>>31613617
The line is fine, they don't need the retcon-treatment.

What they REALLY need is any other fucking coverage option besides of electric, and a better ability like motor drive or speed boost.

It's almost like they made this line to give people who hate objectmons a perfect target:
>No moves
>No good abilities
>Just get bigger and repeats parts
>Physical attacker that only has ONE physical STAB and ONE physical electric move
Klinklang needs something, yet they only gave it shift gear and wild charge, and that's not enough.
>>
>>31613744
>So, is it a generally accepted truth that the sky is blue?

???

>>31613763
Yeah but Klinklang doesn't add or expand enough to what Klang was.
>>
>>31613785
I'm hoping that they kill Plus and Minus in the next games and replace it with Battery, which does the same thing.

I'd give it Technician.
>>
>>31613794
It does. It finishes the epicyclic gear train Klink and Klang were building up to.
>>
>>31613653
I'm a genwunner and I love Klink/Klinklang
>>
Honestly Kinklang should've just been a single-stage 'mon
>>
>>31613653
i'd wouldn't be something this vague, it has to come with "wtf GF has ran out of ideas literally a bunch of gears xD"
i like a lot of pokemon based on inanimate objects, Klingklag's design is just an unappealing mess for me
>>
>>31613697
but anon then it would just get bigger as it evolved
>>
>>31613617
The entire line is pretty boring and uninspired desu
>>
File: rika_science_ahegao.jpg (140KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
rika_science_ahegao.jpg
140KB, 960x720px
They should have made it so you have to combine 2 klinks into a klang, 2 klangs into a klinklang. Same with other object / mechmons like metagross.
>>
>>31614378
I will never get why this wasn't the case for Magneton/Dugtrio
also how do you have a blank name?
>>
>>31613617
The changes are way too subtle, especially in BW/BW2 where the sprites are literally just copy pasted with some extra doodads attached.
I don't mind the concept at all (I think it's actually a really cool concept) but the changes just aren't drastic enough to justify it being a three stage line.
>>
>>31613631
They had to make a magneton equivalent for the reboot
>>
>>31613653
Genfiver here. This line was a mistake.

Give it a face and I stop caring. But as it is now there isn't even enough of it for an objectmon, just object.
>>
>>31613742

Is it even an expression? These look like some markings on gears. They aren't even animate.
>>
>>31616912
And they failed miserably in multiple ways.
>>
>>31613742
THIS
>>
>>31617312
>Give it a face and I stop caring.
But it has a face. Also by that logic you should hate Staryu and Starmie.
>>
>>31613617
I loved Klink when it was first revealed. I stopped liking it too much when I saw its evolution
>tfw Klink will never evolve onto a cool steampunk robot
>>
>>31613742
I agree as well. Giving the gears the a more "natural" crystalline appearance will help, too.
>>
>>31617387
Staryu and Starmie are actual living animals. That gets a pass. Although they aren't exactly my favorites.

And as for Klink's "face", see >>31617326
>>
>>31617471
I'd prefer it as a ghostly bundle of gears with hollow "eyes."
>>
>>31613617
Good lord, Klinklang is such a piece of shit. Not just design wise, but also battle wise as well. It only learns like one good move and that's Shift Gear.
>>
File: klonk.png (63KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
klonk.png
63KB, 400x426px
>>31613617
>>
File: 1484551078791.png (49KB, 250x157px) Image search: [Google]
1484551078791.png
49KB, 250x157px
>>31617527
Basically this but more hollow and worn.
I'd be fine with crystal gears, though.
>>
>>31617538
I THROW MY MONEY AT THE SCREEN, WHY IS NOTHING HAPPENING?
>>
>>31613785
They gave it three signature moves for some stupid fucking reason
>>
>>31618038
>tfw two of them were cucked by Magearna
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.