[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Fanfiction General and Writethread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 88

File: 1484112503731.gif (104KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484112503731.gif
104KB, 320x240px
/vpwt/: Snoozing edition

>Post your finds and ideas for prompts.
>Share your work and request critique.
>Discuss the struggle as a reader or writer.
IRC channel at [ #vpwritethread on irc.rizon.net ]

Previous: >>31468575

Fic catalogue:
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit?usp=sharing

Authors and/or anons looking for things to write can look through the ideabin here for something good.
Feel free to request ideas be put here.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

FAQ:
>Posting fics?
Link to Pastebin, FFN, AO3, or G-Docs, etc. Don't write stories to the thread itself.

>NSFW fics?
Links are permitted. Do label as such.

>Add my fic to the catalogue?
You're free to do so. Please use the submission form found inside the catalogue

>What's with the tripfags?
Authors are encouraged to put on a trip while posting or discussing their content, as it makes discussing their works easier.

Topic Of The Thread: How do you invision a character's dreams in your story? Do they always tell about what will happen in the future, the past, or does anything goes?
>>
File: 1448886762073.gif (1MB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1448886762073.gif
1MB, 500x270px
>How do you envision a character's dreams in your story?

Coincidentally, my main characters dreams are haunted by the BBEG, and this megachapter starts with one such nightmare that gets twisted around because lol plot. Normally I don't even care about dreams unless they're supernatural-- or bad enough/relevant to the character's feelings that it affects then well into the next day or even week. The only other time I've implemented a dream sequence was in a RP fic a few years back where an adventurer had a nightmare about the stories their mother told of the place their race was once enslaved (because lol argonians Red Mountain). I like to think that I'm pretty good at dream sequences in general.
>>
>NEW FICS--

>mSwimmer x mace trainer
http://pastebin.com/PrY8LG9P

>Tate Liza sibling bullying
http://pastebin.com/q1BUH2sy

>UPDATED FICS--

>Chapter 5 of "The Dark Type"
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/21420536

Well that doesn't feel right. I'm not cut out for this job.
>>
>>31611256
>>31611256
>>Chapter 5 of "The Dark Type"
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/21420536

Just read through this last night, it was really sweet. Made a bad day much better.

Were there really that few stories last thread? Guess It's been slow lately.
>>
>>31610822
>Topic Of The Thread: How do you envision a character's dreams in your story?
Depends on the character. Some dream of their terrors, some of their aspirations, some receive messages from paranormal forces, and a rare once in a while I use a dream as an unacceptable excuse to have fun while writing. Sinful.

If by "dreams" you meant "aspirations," the story is the vision.

>>31611350
>Guess It's been slow lately.
Last thread was mostly Mimiga being challenged to keep the doggobumps frosty. There's not much sense in posting new fics to FFN unless you have a fetish for catching Farlapoo (one day left, get your submissions ready), so it's been a good month for introspection. Most of the writing time I found I put into reviewing and tidying up LL. (Main pass is done, one last formatting nit to pick; I'm updating mirrors as I post per-chapter to AO3 sorta-regularly to fail at whoring for views.)
>>
File: 1433697947501.png (130KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1433697947501.png
130KB, 500x707px
>>31611256
Missed some.

The XY beauty greentext in last recap has been converted into an actual story. NSFW
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/stories/user/TheDjinn/23238/Beautys-Bountiful-Bouncy-Backside/60463/Chapter-1/Return-to-Lumoise

Anon makes a story about a pumped up Sun getting in on some Wicke harrassment. NSFW
http://pastebin.com/dkQL84tr
>>
File: 1378902411255.png (352KB, 940x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1378902411255.png
352KB, 940x1013px
>>31611501
>Last thread was mostly Mimiga being challenged to keep the doggobumps frosty

Oi oi, my doggobumps could be the frostiest if I was more lenient in how deep I was willing to go into the folder. I've been building this thing since the moment Braixen was leaked, and I was in the thread that contained the first piece of art ever conceived. I also have a lot of Delphox I can't post until the main character is ready.

I could just use some of my actual other folders, though, but where's the cherish in that?
>>
File: q2to013n.jpg (37KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
q2to013n.jpg
37KB, 400x312px
>>31611531
>I was in the cave that contained the first piece of art ever conceived
>>
>>31611501
>Farlapoo
fuck man is she still around
>>
>>31612644
Um, who?
>>
File: 60279362_p2_master1200.jpg (225KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
60279362_p2_master1200.jpg
225KB, 768x768px
Completed my Ultra Beast story, made longer and it also has an alternate ending.

Still contains memes.

http://pastebin.com/fN9YqBWJ
>>
>>31612734
Farla. Notorious for her "advice" and the legion of blind followers that parrot it. She catches lots of hate for believing there is only _one_ way to write certain things - like Pokémon names, to name a relevant topic.
>>
Planning a fic set in Alola. I have a few ideas, but what would you think would be some interesting Gen V pokemon as a starter Pokemon, besides the actual starters?
>>
Im writing a story about a bunch of Pokemon having a poop eating contest. Who should the contestants be?
>>
>>31613328
>Alola
>Gen5
Why Rufflet of course. It'll eventually evolve into a MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN Braviary as the protagonist strips the local population of their worth, dignity and sovereignty. History repeats.

Extra bonus points if there's an eventual Politoed and or Yungoos in the team too.
>>
>>31613354
My bad, I meant Unova.
>>
>>31613328

If you don't mind unpopular Pokémon, you could try the elemental monkeys.

They're basically discount starters, so it'd be fitting to see them in that role.
>>
>>31613328
Venipede maybe, or Dwebble since it is a hermit crab? Unova introduced a ton of bug pokemon and the Alola trainers love bug types.
>>
File: 532.jpg (169KB, 710x540px) Image search: [Google]
532.jpg
169KB, 710x540px
>>31613365
you could go for any three stage one if you wanted to emulate a starter Pokemon without actually being one, like Timburr, Rockinrolla, Sandile, Tympole, Tynamo, Litiwck ect
Or you could choose a cute single stage like Audino.
Or you could choose a kind of weirdly designed niche Pokemon like Ferroseed, Elgyem, one or the fossils ect.
>>
I always wanted to write fanfiction, but I end up writing original fiction. It sucks for an amateur like me.
>>
>>31613342
See >>31613408, but replace "discount starters" with "natural born flinging machines"
>>
>>31613428
>I always wanted to write fanfiction, but I end up writing original fiction.
You're lucking out. Don't jinx it.
>>
>>31613428
That's the opposite of a problem.
>>
>>31613365
...Same difference. The MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN Rufflet will evolve into a dictator Braviary that will start stalking, pecking and screeching at anything female, old or non-Unovan. All for securing a future for future Rufflet (I mean, hey, it *is* a monogendered species).

Other than that, I'd seriously suggest Druddigon. Cute, nifty, strong, unpopular, unloved and much deserving of screentime.

>>31613428
Keep at it a bit and once you suck less, sell more.
>>
>>31614609
you suck m8
>>
File: ORAS_Beauty_0.png (70KB, 114x403px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS_Beauty_0.png
70KB, 114x403px
>>
Is there anything involving the diver class from ORAS?
>>
>>31613428
I would read the fuck out of any original fiction someone here posts.
>>
>>31617045
but why would they post it?
>>
>>31617181
They wouldn't. I guess I didn't really specify that it wasn't someone posts HERE, it was someone HERE posts. I like peer review but I don't like fanfiction because I am not a very smart person.
>>
>>31617231
Okay Mimiga do you want to read about birb people, wolf people or failed demigods then?
>>
File: 245262626234.png (59KB, 232x260px) Image search: [Google]
245262626234.png
59KB, 232x260px
>>31617337
birb birb birb birb
>>
>>31617354
http://pastebin.com/waXEqn4x

Have fun. It's a pure dialogue piece I use to help guide how I write some original fantasy I go back to now and again. The speakers are Valkyr, a thief, and Eidric, a fleshmage. I even stat'd the race for Pathfinder.
>>
>>31617424
I meant to say Valkut and keep my name on too but I did none of those things.
>>
>>31617424
Wow what kind of faglord wouldn't fuck a real bird person with beak and all? Waifucrafting is not a valid school of magic.
>>
>>31618569
That fleshmage, apparently. They operate in the world of fleshmancy, which is like genetic engineering and crazy magic had a gay baby.
>>
File: 1485896477596.jpg (38KB, 606x454px) Image search: [Google]
1485896477596.jpg
38KB, 606x454px
>>
>anon still hasn't updating the skull grunt fanfic
>>
File: 1425354481044.png (802KB, 651x1441px) Image search: [Google]
1425354481044.png
802KB, 651x1441px
You guys have ruined me.

I wanted to start writing seriously, maybe write a few novels, so I started working on a few of my saved-up fantasy ideas. After ages of no progress, I suddenly realized that, because of fanfiction, I've pretty much only ever written romance, and am completely inexperienced in every other genre.
>>
>>31620789
>He didn't hybridize his romances with other genres to keep it spicy

That's where you fucked up. Romance in itself is a useless genre in the same way that fantasy is overused. Can't just have plain meat without any seasoning.
>>
File: 61017378_p1_master1200.jpg (730KB, 1200x1144px) Image search: [Google]
61017378_p1_master1200.jpg
730KB, 1200x1144px
>>31620789
I've been there. Just start writing other genres in small doses and get a feel for it. Eventually you'll ease into writing larger scale stuff.

Writing tabletop campaigns really helped here too.
>>
>>31612789
I laughed harder than I should. I know the meme going on, but it still brings a cheesy smile to my face.
>>
Morning bump
>>
afternoon bump
>>
Man it's nice to be alive again, back from the hospital and whatnot, going into town today, but when I get back, I plan to write a bit, possibly finish the prim fic I said i'd do a few threads ago, man these have been hectic, oh well, nice to see the thread's still alive and kicking
>>
File: Green Lantern.jpg (71KB, 512x780px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern.jpg
71KB, 512x780px
>>31625128
Good to hear from ya. Hope everything's on the way up for you.
>>
>>31612789
I wonder if there would ever be an ice type ultra beast that would recognize bitterfrost as his cousin so that he can go bowling with him
>>
Boop
>>
File: 1450559320315.png (199KB, 600x611px) Image search: [Google]
1450559320315.png
199KB, 600x611px
>>
File: HeyCousin.jpg (47KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
HeyCousin.jpg
47KB, 624x351px
>>31626552
Did somebody say BOWLING?
>>
TOTT: Dreams can just be mere dreams, or they can mean something more. Making a dream prophetic is one possibility for giving it a reason to exist, but simply using it to show the character's mental state is valid too. As such, anything goes if you ask me, as long as the dream itself has a point.

Anyway, I have a topic of my own I've been wanting to submit to anyone willing to read it. Of late, I've unfortunately written very little, and participated in the writethread even less. From what I can tell, the main problem is a simple lack of time management skills on my part, which makes it hard for me to balance my writing, college requirements, and general recreation as well. I spend the days slowly trudging through my assignments or simply lazing about, and time slips by until I realize I did no writing all day. I'm sure plenty of other people have faced that same sort of problem too.

So, my question is this: how do you go about achieving a balance between employment/education/etc. and a hobby such as creative writing? Do you always force yourself to write a bit each day, no matter how much work you have? Do you drop all recreational activity besides writing so you can focus on work and writing alone, or only allow yourself recreation after you've written a set amount? Do you have techniques to get in the mood and stay in it so you can continue writing?

Perhaps it's a dumb question that has no answer other than "git gud", and perhaps I'm not phrasing it very well, but I'd still like to hear what people have to say about how to effectively make time in life for stuff like writefaggotry.
>>
>>31630474
I'm a NEET.
All I do is write, eat, clean, fuck off, and sleep.

But frankly, if I wasn't a useless fuck, the first thing I'd trade for writing are the other media I like indulging in. Then I'd trade friends, then I'd trade a lot more sleep than usual. After that I should be fine, and I don't really want to think about what I'd trade away at that point. Basically writing is more important to me than a lot of things, so maybe your motivations are just too different to include much writing.
>>
File: Give her the Mew.jpg (106KB, 598x562px) Image search: [Google]
Give her the Mew.jpg
106KB, 598x562px
>>31610822
So far I've fallen into the 'prophetic dream' trope, as well as a 'dream conversation' twice.

There is a scene in VoD in the Dreamyard where dreams start bleeding into reality, an example of me taking liberties with game scenes.

>>31630474
It's taken me seven years of writing as a hobby to get to where I have any sort of 'balance' or 'time management'. I work 4 days on, 3 days off, and I usually don't touch my writing during my work week (not counting jotting down ideas or sudden bursts of inspiration) and focus writing on my days off.

Before, I would often go weeks or months without touching my work, or at least not making significant progress. It was pretty terrible.

At the moment, my other hobbies aren't really taking up a lot of my time (few videogames to play, not many shows to follow, etc) so I've lucked out in recent months.

To get into the mood, I'll often listen to music, and if I really want to focus, I drink some energy drink or something similar to help me focus and not let myself get distracted.

>>31611350
Glad you enjoyed it. It's nice to think my work has made someone feel better.

"Vines of Deceit" Chapter 2: "A Reason to Run" should be posted in the next few days, I'm working on editing it at the moment.
>>
>>31630474
Priorities are a thing, but I like to think that it boils down rather simply: If you're not doing what you must do, then you are doing what you want to do, even if you don't think that it is what you want to do.

A dictum, "Thou shalt write 1,000 words per day!" is a poor practice, because it simply makes a Must out of writing. It may be effective if you respond to that sort of thing, but you probably won't enjoy the writing because you still don't want to do it. Also poor is "only allow yourself" which is a way of saying "Whoops, I didn't learn discipline from my parents so I will emulate a parent and parent myself so I'll do what I'm supposed to do": If you can pretend to be your own parent, you could pretend to be a professional writer and cut out the middle step.

Today, more than I wanted to write, I wanted to deal with a few other projects I have going—so that's what I did. It's simply a matter of opportunity cost. You are spending the writing opportunity to instead "laze about" and let time "slip by"; perhaps because you fear a poor return on the investment (this is a reason why I've been shelving writing my next Pokemon piece in favor of other projects recently) or you've allowed yourself to discourage yourself for another reason, but until you prioritize objectively deciding what you really want to do, you will continue to make uneducated investments of your time and continue to be disappointed with their returns.
>>
File: 1483985686902.jpg (67KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
1483985686902.jpg
67KB, 500x630px
>>31630474
I work full time. I come home, make coffee and ask my muse if she's awake. If she is I write. If all I get is a snore or rude gesture I play vidya. Sometimes I'll start writing and then she'll fuck off so I switch to playing games. Sometimes she wakes up right after I start playing or when I start cracking open my backlog and pesters me. That's when I switch gears.

Basically my approach is just to take it all in stride and do whatever it is I feel in the mood to do. This ensures my work is done from a position of interest and not obligation - I do enough obligatory writing at work anyway. If a prolonged period passes without me writing I become anxious and start writing anyway, but that's a failsafe I'm quite happy I have, and it can't exactly be learned or practiced.

So that's my advice. Write when the mood strikes you, because otherwise you're forcing yourself, and forcing yourself isn't worth it except as a desperate measure.
>>
File: 1325591062148.jpg (140KB, 642x643px) Image search: [Google]
1325591062148.jpg
140KB, 642x643px
So, you guys ever dream ]/spoiler] about pokemon?
>>
File: 1231241234234.png (344KB, 755x520px) Image search: [Google]
1231241234234.png
344KB, 755x520px
>>31631997
Not really
Sleeping is only a fun activity because it's sleeping. My dreams don't really factor in at all because they're hardly noteworthy enough to remember 99% of the time.
>>
>>31630737

>balance between employment and hobby?

I don't. At least, not perfectly. I simply take what comes with the day, and most importantly, designate and respect the time for each thing: work hours are for work -or pretending to work- and spare time is for activities such as write -or pretending to write- so that if anything helps keep a sort of mental routine. Barring going to the field, I never take work off hours (unless I can cash a very good bonus for it, at least 250% the value of standard overtime), and I never go to activities like groceries past teatime except on weekends. So "getting in the mood", even if it is not something I can control, is at least something I can count on more readily happening without certain distractions.

And when the time comes down to writing, cut off the distractions and make sure your tools help you prioritize. I close social media, put the phone on mute, I set my word processor as sticky window in all my workspaces, and I have a copy of Veekun's DB open in another window so I don't have to go to the internet to check for quickie facts such as movesets or effects of items.

>>31631997
A couple of times. Meh, as if it was anything surprising or weird.

At least one of the dreams was good and solid enough (I make a point to write the good ones down as soon as I wake up) that I talked to a RPer colleague and we made it into a plot.
>>
Don't die.
>>
File: sleepy wott.gif (1MB, 540x200px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy wott.gif
1MB, 540x200px
>>31631997
I wish I did. That would give me plenty of ideas for what to write about.

And speaking of writing what a crazy thing to do in a writethread, eh?, I think what people have said here regarding my earlier question about writing has actually helped me out. So thanks, all.

I feel like I've got a better grasp on things now--or at least, I've developed a different way of looking at it all. It seems like writing just isn't something you can force into your life if you want it to be enjoyable and productive. Sometimes you just don't feel like writing, other times you do, and it's important to not ignore that urge to write. And balancing writing with other parts of life is a matter of ensuring you finish the most important parts of your life first, then put writing into the remaining time whenever you're motivated with that urge to write.

The difficulty is convincing myself to listen to that urge and heed it. But from here on out, I'll work on that.

...Not right now, though, because it's almost time to start getting to bed.
>>
>>31612789
Quite loved the story, great work dude.
Perfect way to top off the night

( try submitting it to one of the sites, more people need to see this)
>>
File: unrelated WIP.png (152KB, 685x664px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated WIP.png
152KB, 685x664px
>>31613354

Wouldn't that be "MAKE UNOVA GREAT AGAIN" to be more setting-appropriate?

>>31630474

Pick a pace you are comfortable with that allows you to still do things on the side to unwind. The particular pace will vary from writer to writer since everyone writes a bit differently. Also, be sure to give yourself sabbaticals from writing from time to time, since if you're constantly on the grind, you will wear yourself out.

In other news, am making a belated post of an update I threw out into the wild last night. It's a bit of a side story kinda like that one-shot about New Year's I did last year.

FFN:
>https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11084689/46/Fledglings

AO3:
>http://archiveofourown.org/works/3465593/chapters/21569492

Will be updating the actual story starting this month.
>>
>tfw I want to write something that isn't smut
Ah shit. But will anyone read something that isn't intended to be fapped to?
>>
File: 1486007230596.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486007230596.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>31635887
>implying I won't fap to it anyway

But sure dude, plenty of people would read it.
>>
File: 1343614521285.jpg (144KB, 634x457px) Image search: [Google]
1343614521285.jpg
144KB, 634x457px
>>31635887
If and when my stuff gets finished, very little of it will be very sexual or explicit, but I pull in readers every now and then, even people who have said "I can't believe this'll lead to sex, what a shame".

In the end, if you write something, chances are it'll catch someone's interest. Don't not write if you're afraid no one will read it because it isn't fapfic.

That isn't ALL we do here. Right?
>>
>>31635906
>>31635937
But writing smut is all I know. Or at least all I've done of my own volition.

I might give it a shot.
>>
>>31635887
It's harder to get readers, but I think it's fair to say a majority of writers in this thread prefer or write exclusively non-lewd, so you wouldn't be the odd one out.
>>
File: 1289168072135.jpg (142KB, 610x500px) Image search: [Google]
1289168072135.jpg
142KB, 610x500px
Well here's my chapter for the week. "Vines of Deceit" Chapter 2, "A Reason to Run":

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9294437/chapters/21594155
>>
>>31635696
Do you have a planned ending to your fledglings eventually? Seems like you're 46 chapters in and still going strong
>>
>Only Salazzle females were found via wild and evolution
>Bio suggest that male Salazzle is a possibility, but none have been found.
Requesting a story about a male slandit that somehow found a way to evolve into a Salazzle, and learning how to deal with his new body/phermones. Whether a wild one or one that's already part of another female Salazzle harem before evolving is up to you.
>>
A space fanfic is possible or not?
>>
>>31638118
Course, just be prepared to explain either a lot or nothing at all.
>>
>>31638173
About a man that while traveling on his starship falls on a black hole. Survives with the ship very damaged and had to land on pokemon world. Then he must get the craft repaired before his suit vital support fails and let the native bacteria infect and eventually kill him.
>>
>>31638210
Sounds like Pikmin
>>
>>31638231
Eventually. But a little more of Out There.
>>
>>31638210
>premise
Yeah... like the above said, explain a lot, or nothing at all. Or you can split the difference and explain the mostly important things and let the reader derive the rest.

In other news, I'm finally > 800 "release" words on my Nido story for Valentines. Have some trouble setting up some glue between scenes at the beginning. Will dedicate afternaptime to work on that, I think.
>>
>>31638278
Good. But I not fanaric of the shippers or love. I'm most of a space fairing. So the premise is someone at the year 3200. Is in SagA* then he is forced to engage by an Alien Starship.
>>
File: Fanfiction.jpg (37KB, 364x351px) Image search: [Google]
Fanfiction.jpg
37KB, 364x351px
Guys this is a long shot, but you're my only lead, and I have tried the booru and googleing everywhere

Does anybody have either of the two Roxie images in this picture?

I especially want the second one though
>>
>>31638735
I'm 90% sure I have the second picture saved. Unfortunately, if I do have it, it would be on my computer at home, which I'm away from and won't return to for another 10 hours. When I get back, I'll look for it, but in the meantime, maybe someone else will post it instead.
>>
>>31638735
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/31330813/#31330813
>>
File: 1455914815328.jpg (459KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455914815328.jpg
459KB, 1600x800px
>>31631997
I do, a lot. I'm a reader not a writer though, so I can't put any of it to use.

It'd probably be quite hard to find in the archive, but I made a thread for discussing dreams 3-4 months ago. I've seen a few other dream threads pop up on /vp/ too.
>>
>>31638876
Thank you mate

>>31639017
Nice, thanks!
>>
Uo
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 680x725px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 680x725px
>>31635696
>Fledglings
Will any of the main protagonists evolve eventually? Pic unrelated
>>
>>31632602
Actually as I have just discovered they are noteworthy enough to remember and my brain doesn't do it because fuck you.

I would definitely like to remember the magical girl dream where the beam spam was replaced with a song of ancient tongue sung by a girl whose mother used to be magical girl-- the song in question being on par with fuckin Wulley Wulley Wap Wap in terms of niceitude. No pokemon, though.
>>
>>31640965
The Dalí method to remembering dreams is known to work. Just substitute the components (chair, plate, key, etc) as you see fit.

Keep a stable sleep and nap schedule. I don't, because I suck.

And very definitively spread yourself around for life experiences. Sports, sciences, arts, playtime, books, television, birds, dogs, cats, gerbils, deer, genies, etc.
>>
>>31625128
Why'd you have to go to the hospital?
I hope you're feeling better now.
>>
>>31641155
>stable sleep schedule
>try to go to bed early last night
>end up laying there awake until I would normally go to bed, wake up at normal time anyway

At least I've convinced myself in that huge span of nothing to write a Pokepark 2 short. All I need is to watch the entire game again and I'll be good.
>>
>>31640965
Speaking of dreams and how to remember them: I once tried to get into lucid dreaming, and one of the techniques I tried was keeping a journal where I wrote down as soon as I woke up everything I remembered about any dreams I had. It never led to any truly lucid dreams, but it did cause me to progressively remember my dreams more clearly over time. So, perhaps that could help if you want to better remember your dreams.
>>
>>31641927
That's the technique that helped me the most, takes 5 minutes and it started helping within a few weeks.
>>
>>31641927
Yeah, I've done that one too. Led to some... interesting stuff, and helped a lot in the journey of introspection that led me to start writing my memoir.

>>31641770
>early last night
>laying there awake until I would normally go to bed
That's why I said stable :^)

But good to see that it at least amounted to something! Luck with that story.
>>
>>31611256
wow
>>
File: 1379232607744.gif (128KB, 469x300px) Image search: [Google]
1379232607744.gif
128KB, 469x300px
>>
>>31641691
Intense back pain to the point where I couldn't get up, and was feeling ill almost every day, which led to many other illnesses n whatnot, I'm sorta better now, just waiting for my medication to come in
>>31625154
From the looks of it, things are looking better
>>
>>31641770
Care to share a bit about the fic? I've been wanting to write something about bisharp and his easily-excited kids for a while now. Maybe just expand upon Verdant Court a bit since it's a nice area.
>>
File: 1484726917868.png (162KB, 415x446px) Image search: [Google]
1484726917868.png
162KB, 415x446px
>>31639171
Alright, I finally got back home and checked my computer, and it looks like I did indeed save that image. Here you are, anon. Use it wisely.
>>
File: 2945734906841.png (127KB, 415x446px) Image search: [Google]
2945734906841.png
127KB, 415x446px
>>31645493
>>
Why is Roxie so connected to these threads?
I mean, there's even an actual writer character who's even a decent waifu to boot
>>
>>31613328
Magby.
>>
>>31645803
>waifu
A thesaurus is her only love.
>>
File: 1451687193591.png (231KB, 1180x1428px) Image search: [Google]
1451687193591.png
231KB, 1180x1428px
>>
Requesting a CalemXHex Maniac fic where The Hex Maniac wants to eat him like witches in old fairy tales
>>
Oh hey, I did a thing finally
Something with that seal Pokemon, you know, the Primarina thing
http://pastebin.com/qGUYMTCA
NSFW
as per usual of my things, lemme know what you guys think, feels nice to do this again
>>
>>31647952
Congratulations, you've written the first ever story starring Please, smutwise anyway.
Trainer is kinda sneaky, but it was a nice read.
Is the ending based on that one gif?
>>
>>31648470
[/spoiler] the whole fic was inspired by that by that gif alone, so yeah [/spoiler]
>>
>>31648513
and fucked up that command, always forget it
>>
>>31648470
>Primarina*
Fuck autocorrect
>>
File: 1421300168563.png (1MB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1421300168563.png
1MB, 1400x1050px
>The main character Pikachu is mainly the self-insert solo
>Snivy comes right after Oshawott, and since they are the only two characters that are allowed to have personality in your party they are forced to interact a great deal
>Oshawott is a afraid of the dark, Snivy is adventurous. These things are established within 5 minutes of Arbor Area.
>Ten fics based on this pairing on FF, seemingly none exploit this

It's like taking candy from a baby dude, except instead of candy it's degeneracy and escapism
>>
File: noice (2).png (147KB, 372x371px) Image search: [Google]
noice (2).png
147KB, 372x371px
>>31648564
>except instead of candy it's degeneracy and escapism

Ahhh escapism. It's pretty much the only reason I haven't thrown myself from the tallest building yet. That and Superman comics are fucking incredible right now.

Thankfully mind numbing, time wasting media doesn't seem like its on the way out any time soon.
>>
>>31638210
he just needs to find Colress to help him
>>
Has anyone ever seen a Mass Effect/Pokemon crossover story? You'd think it'd be more popular but apparently not.
>>
>>31649718
They're a bit of an undertaking. Plus the ME world is full of rules, and the sudden introduction of Pokémon throws all that shit for a tremendous fucking loop.

Not to mention you're working on a galactic scale - there would be more than just 800 odd 'mon.
>>
>>31648517
if you're not a mobile poster you can just press ctrl+s to insert spoiler tags.
>>
evening bump
>>
>>31649228
Not so easy. How a fuck you can repair a engine that relies on quantum mechanics with some pokefans. Lol. And how will you get unnoticed.
>>
Up
>>
File: 1438942868092.jpg (14KB, 192x184px) Image search: [Google]
1438942868092.jpg
14KB, 192x184px
Are there any stories involving trainers that are actually competent at fighting or better yet, deals with their lives once they become a league champion? Feels like every story I read involving a trainer protagonist they either suck at battling or don't care about it enough to bother having a full team.
>>
File: 1361009079004.jpg (223KB, 920x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1361009079004.jpg
223KB, 920x1022px
>>
>>31654212
I've actually thought about making a story like this one. Is there anything you'd like to add onto this request? I could get started on it pretty soon.
>>
>>31654212
Seconding this.
>>31655395
Would it center around a canon protag after their game, or an OC? I might have some ideas.
>>
>>31655419
I'd prefer OC for more freedom, but I could do one on a canon protag if you insist. Would you rather have it be centered on an up and coming trainer with lots of potential or on a champ? Am interested in hearing your ideas!
>>
>>31655395
Well generally I'd just like to see what happens when someone becomes Champion. Do they make it their responsibility to monitor what goes on in the region and help out against trouble like Lance, Steven, or Alder, or do they go about their business like Diantha?

Does the fame put pressure on them?

Either way if you'd be willing to write a story like that or of a similar nature then I'm sure as hell reading it.
>>
>>31636798

I actually do, but barring a major shake-up of my planned plot, the ending's still a ways off.

>>31640847

That'll start becoming relevant in the second half of the story. If all goes well, it should kick off later this year.
>>
>>31643425
please tell me panne's nose wiggles up and down as she walks
>>
>>31640847
>>31656973

As a consultant and beta-reader, I can say with a great deal of pleasure and confidence that Crom, who is totally a main, won't get to evolve.
>>
File: 1346826598810.gif (2MB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
1346826598810.gif
2MB, 330x186px
Fuck. How do I turn my obsession for puppy love and fluff into something useful for real prose?
>>
>>31658268
I don't really see the problem your trying to solve here. Fluff is extremely useful for real prose, as it adds substance to the narration.
>>
>>31658268
Puppy love and fluff is real prose. If you mean to say that you want to turn it into something like deeper, meaningful romance, then that's going to take planning and careful consideration. Think out your characters, motivations, reason for attraction - the works. There's plenty of room for those two qualities in romance works, but the work will require something else to make it feel fleshed out, like say, something that drives the central romance.
>>
File: spoilers.png (12KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
spoilers.png
12KB, 212x212px
How do you guys feel about surprises/twists in stories?

Do you like them, even if you see them coming or not?

Do you assume the writer had planned it from the start, or think they put them in for shock value?
>>
>>31658848
>Do you assume the writer had planned it from the start ...?

Most of my surprises occur to me the very moment they actually happen in the plot, and half the time it elicits enough of a reaction from me to pull away from the writing. Major twists and turns that are hung from the foundation of the plot are almost always planned from a much earlier point, but there are times when a spontaneous turn in the story can only happen when even the writer least expects it. A ninety-degree twist of fortune-kinda death where everything gets turned on its head is sometimes an example of the author's past thought process. They ask "Hey, what would it be like if this character was suddenly ripped from life?" and if it's deemed an interesting plot they want to pursue with proper causation, that is what it turns into. Of course, this might also just be my faith in the stories of others.

I like twists most that were there the whole time in the background, but could only be noticed after the fact and on the second pass through. I don't believe that I've achieved that kind of subtly yet, but it still makes me pretty satisfied to know that I've been able to drop hints before. They're usually a little too subtle, though, like Alexander stating the gender of the Larvesta despite claiming to not know anything of the situation. And now they're too blatant, like the obvious signs of Panne's ending adolescence since chapter 7 or so of MoM.
>>
>>31658848
A good twist adds to a good story. A story that relies entirely on "the twist" might catch me by surprise the first time around, but I'm less likely to retread/rewatch something if the main draw of the story is something that can only catch you once, either by being something unexpected, or something expected that plays out in a surprising or interesting way.
>>
>>31658848
Twists are always good fun when they're handled well I think. When they're not, meh, they just sorta flit on by unless the decision was one that fundamentally breaks a character or ruins them.

Death is one thing, as much as I might dislike it when it's done poorly, but a death you can sorta just skirt past. Shit that inverts characters that is predicated on a twist that has no context or build-up is just lame.

Generally speaking, I think the writer has the twist planned out, but as >>31658901 pointed out, spontaneous twists are totally possible and probably happen far more than I imagine.
>>
File: 1278333942745.jpg (11KB, 164x230px) Image search: [Google]
1278333942745.jpg
11KB, 164x230px
>>31658901
>>31658908
>>31658940
Thanks for the input.

Now I'm just hoping I can pull off VoD's big twist well. I could easily see people complain that it's "out of nowhere", but we'll see when we get there.
>>
>>31659004
People falling and breaking their necks in real life is pretty "out of nowhere", too. You don't see anyone getting to complain about that story arc ending, do you

Eh. Real life isn't a very good story, anyway.
>>
File: Nightwing fucking dies.jpg (227KB, 1280x999px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing fucking dies.jpg
227KB, 1280x999px
>>31659028
>people falling and breaking their necks
I saw plenty of people complaining about this though.

But on topic, hopefully I'll have seeded enough hints throughout the story so it isn't a complete shock.
>>
>>31659080
He fucking deserved better. Best character in the Batman series and he dies to a rock!?
>>
>>31659102
>>31659080

You kinda have to have that stuff at times, though. Or they get too 'powerful'.

They are just human. Most of the time. Pic related.
>>
Up
>>
>>31659080
>>31659102
To be fair, pretty much that entire story is predicated about "let's suddenly make all characters shit, and their stories turn into shit too". Underhanded shock value for selling, "Cap's Heil Hydra" style.

>>31660422
Down
>>
>>31655491
If you prefer OC, then do OC. Maybe a champ/former champ as protagonist, or a trainer powerful enough to take on the E4 but without any ambition in regards to becoming Champion.

I could see an u and coming character as a foil, but not as the protagonist for this, unless they become champ early on and the rest of the fic deals with what happens after.

Feel free to use/ignore any of this, just throwing out ideas.
>>
File: 1465436301804.jpg (160KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465436301804.jpg
160KB, 600x600px
>progress
>CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>31662051
Is that some sort of shaved doggo?
>>
>>31662157
With creative liberties taken, it's princess Snivy.
>>
>>31662167
Would that make her father a kingsnake?
>>
emergency page 10 bump
>>
>>31664114
have a page 9 bump
>>
>>31664114
>>31665286
page 8 bump!
>>
page 7 bump
>>
File: 1435178613166.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1435178613166.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>31658268
Follow up question I guess: Is there any books/media I should consume to better understand how to do sappy romance better?
>>
File: 1397962519945.gif (966KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1397962519945.gif
966KB, 500x283px
>>
>>31669151
Is this a really roundabout way of saying you're writing a story about a pokemon that skips evolutionary stages?
>>
>>31669437
Middle forms are mistakes.
>>
>>31669437
No. I am writing about a Braixen and Servine who follow middle forms to evolve and a Snivy separately. Slowly, cuz I am doing many real life useless things.
>>
Post stuff when you're too tired to be embarassed, thats what I do.
>>
Hey guys. Remember me?
>>
>>31669450
You come tell that to my face. Then again the only one I can think of that actually sucks is Quilladin, and that's because we had so much better options to go with in fanon.
>>
File: 1313337725931.png (167KB, 569x500px) Image search: [Google]
1313337725931.png
167KB, 569x500px
Dead hours are sadness
>>
>>31671352
What's sad about 'em?
>>
File: 1447612911540.jpg (68KB, 540x624px) Image search: [Google]
1447612911540.jpg
68KB, 540x624px
>>31671363
Darkness, loneliness... the ever growing feeling of inadequacy. The usual, I guess.
>>
>>31671449
What's eatin' ya anon?
>>
>>31669450
All NFEs are mistakes except Porygon2 and Scyther
>>
>>31671468
Chronic depression, mostly.
>>
>>31671468
Clearly the bad taste in videogames
>>
>>31671489
They make a pill and a variety of therapeutic services for that ya know.

>>31671564
I have no opinion of Undertale as a game, having never played it.
>>
>>31671590
Neat story, likable but sometimes obnoxious characters, god tier music. It's not the greatest game ever like a lot of people hype it up to be, but it's super comfy and well worth the 5-10 dollars.
>>
>>31667830
Historical Romance novels might be handy. Can't think of any specifics though.
>>
morning folks
>>
File: 134828427075.png (228KB, 900x744px) Image search: [Google]
134828427075.png
228KB, 900x744px
>>
File: 1368227530941.png (513KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
1368227530941.png
513KB, 625x625px
aaa
>>
>>31671489
They make a jacketed hollow point of varying grains for that anon.
>>
I have an incredible thirst for Tsareena stories. Anyone open to sharing some for me? SFW or NSFW doesn't matter.
>>
>>31610822
Why dont people write their original stories instead of stealing?
>>
>>31677310
This
>>
>>31676103
>>31676583
>>31676854
any anons interested in doing this prompt of mine?
i'll just leave it her
>>
>>31677345
Stealing what?
>>
>>31677598
I think he's referring to using already-built characters to make things not by official nintendo/gamefreak approval (hence the tag fan in front of any work).

>>31677345
Honestly it's just more fun using characters that are already there and how they interact to situations or to whatever whim that fancies the author. I mean, there's already the setting/premise started up by the universe, so a fanfiction helps interpret it in a different light, at least to me anyway.
Usually there's always a disclaimer that the people don't own the characters unless otherwise stated at the start of most stories, but fanworks are usually protected under the fair use in the U.S. since they are protected under parody/critique. Though personally, as long as people aren't making money off of it to intently steal profits from the owner, then it's all good.

...though there comes a time when fan content may or may not become too popular and company worries about confusion of IPs (fangame DMCA takedowns notably), but that is another mess.
>>
>>31677345
but I do both
>>
>>31677345
Dunno, we don't have the money for that kind of research. Ask Disney? They are experts at not writing original stories.
>>
File: 1449628132751.png (245KB, 750x950px) Image search: [Google]
1449628132751.png
245KB, 750x950px
>>31671449
I want to bully that gote.
>>
File: 134793392577.jpg (46KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
134793392577.jpg
46KB, 640x640px
>>
File: 1485978737954.png (233KB, 290x270px) Image search: [Google]
1485978737954.png
233KB, 290x270px
>>
>>31645803
A man wrote a number of Fanfiction starring Roxie I believe. Said man was also the head honcho of the writethread irc before he left to greener pastures
>>
>>31682642
Do not bully the starfish
>>
File: 3[1].png (36KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
3[1].png
36KB, 112x112px
left 4 poke.
it's left 4 dead except pokemon instead of flu victims.
>>
>>31683055
Left 4 Dead's specifically a mutated form of rabies. Flu victims usually die when they're dead.
>>
>>31683055
maybe change it is just regular flu, and the Pokemon protagonist are trying not to catch it, the 4 treating it with a seriousness of Left 4 Dead ( for comedic flavor) trying to get out of poke palago / daycare / whereever and back to their trainers before they catch the flu too ( the finale being the Last Stand until their trainers come to pick him up)
>>
Really feel like writing a story with Suicune in it. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1470709665122.png (497KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
1470709665122.png
497KB, 572x572px
>>31683789
Any particular directions or games you want? What's your canon of Suicune like?
>>
>>31683797
Not really sure, honestly. I started a replay of HeartGold, and realized that I really liked suicune's design. Now, a week later, he's my new favorite pokemon, and I keep thinking about how rad it would be to just run around the wilderness with him.
>>
>>31683818
Oooh, so you DON'T necessarily want to make ritualistic sacrifices to his bodacious curves, then. That's also an option.

Depending on your ability to create cohesive one-shots or determination for multi-parters, you could likely have a story with a grizzled someone who chose to travel with Suicune in their quest to follow the wind and purify waters. Naturally keeping a Suicune in a pokeball and doing inane human shit like fight other humans is cruel to its nature. Say there's a human who somehow earns their trust but isn't a trainer, you could write about that and how they start this journey together. Or, you could take it from the middle and just have a dude who has partnered Suicune for a long time and traveled living off the land for just as long. I mean, they don't necessarily need to be a pokemon-less mundane human, that's just what I would do.
>>
>>31683851
Yeah, I really like the idea of trainer just travelling with it, no pokeballs, just partnership. I've got a couple ideas now, thinking maybe a short multi-chapter story or just a long-ass oneshot, showing snapshots of their journey together, from beginning to end. Thanks for the shot of inspiration, friend.
>>
>>31683789
Suicune somehow finding itself in Alola region and trying to adapt to all those newfangled Pokemon
>>
>>31683328
Seconding this idea for humor's sake
>>
Page 10 is a dangerous place you know
>>
>>31686929
At least we are safe from certain kinds of people down there. But yeah, not worth it.
>>
>>31655811
>>31655832
>>31655845
Requesting this greentext about Tsareena being made into a full story rather than greentext.
>>
>>31683883
What kind of taboos would a suicune discover hanging around a human? Bathroom shenanigans? Those bad luck gimmicks?
>>
File: e6d2fcb2b36f97bd9c2999b7b3ba9c23.jpg (131KB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
e6d2fcb2b36f97bd9c2999b7b3ba9c23.jpg
131KB, 778x1100px
>>
File: 1486193225028.jpg (58KB, 700x676px) Image search: [Google]
1486193225028.jpg
58KB, 700x676px
>>
File: bc6ed3604ec296e7181965daea463127.png (194KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
bc6ed3604ec296e7181965daea463127.png
194KB, 1200x800px
>>
How do you all feel about guns being in a story?
>>
>>31692791
They're perfectly okay. They get used for a variety of applications - self defense, hunting, sport, taking down oversized aggressors via the use of large caliber API - you know, the works.

There should be consideration taken into what their presence means, of course, and their availability per region. And, ultimately, you're writing a story about Pokemon, so I tend to keep guns as a thing that are used by squishy humans exclusively, not by Pokemon (which I guess some people have done) and as a relatively rare object for the average citizen.

For example: People like Ignace and Ricard, who flirt with the boundaries of the law, have guns but they don't use them very often, and Ignace tends to prefers knives.
>>
File: 1482452459458.png (271KB, 521x391px) Image search: [Google]
1482452459458.png
271KB, 521x391px
>>31692791
I wouldn't be surprised or lose my suspension of disbelief if a Pokemon fanfic included guns. Logically, it's not too hard to believe that firearms would exist in the Pokemon world, despite the games never portraying them (although the anime has shown guns many times before, pic related being an example). The types of tasks they can be used for in real life--for example, all the applications traipsingexodus just mentioned--could feasibly exist in the Pokemon universe too, meaning their presence there would not be farfetched. However, the author would have to ensure that the guns have a reason to exist in the story, and aren't just there in an attempt to make the story cool.
>>
>>31692791
>How do you all feel about guns being in a story?
If you haven't a partner pokemon to protect you in the wilds, you're either armed and ready, or dismembered and delicious.
>>
>>31692791
Depends on how powerful they are compared to Pokémon. I've seen too many stories that basically invalidate Pokémon (and often enough the world's internal logic) by introducing guns, because somehow creatures that can withstand forces that can level buildings are trivial to take down with bullets according to non-thinking writers.
If you want realism, you need to be consistent. If Pokémon die easily, Pokémon battles should be more brutal and criminals/law enforcement shouldn't inexplicably rely on Pokémon exclusively.
>>
>>31692791
There was a short about a lopunny using a shotgun against a zombie horde
>>
>>31694292
Hey, I wrote that! It was fun, and was inspired because of an image.
>>
How do badges work in your guys' stories? As in, what degree of status does a badge convey? Obviously in the games having a badge just lets you use an HM and trade more powerful pokemon, but that doesn't make much sense in a slightly more realistic world – if a trainer has a lapras, and he wants to ride on its back while it swims, there’s no reason he should have a certain badge and HM03.

For the story that I'm working on, I've been thinking that perhaps the number of badges you have equates to the lifting of certain restrictions, or that you need certain badges to be considered to be qualify to go certain places. For instance, if you wanted to summit Mt. Coronet, you would need at least 6 badges, with the Icicle and Coal Badge among them, since it would imply that the holder has experience in dealing with Rock and Ice types, which are common in the range. Or if you wanted to be a trainer of a pokemon in a large size-class, which could easily destroy a part of a town if let out of control (onix, gyrados, that sort), then the trainer would have to have at least 3 badges and a special permit, or something.

I've also been considering adding more than just a gym challenge and battle to the attainment of the badge - some way for the trainer to demonstrate mastery over a particular type since being able to brute strength a team using type-effectiveness isn't really demonstrating anything other than rudimentary knowledge.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Pndrplyphm2k15.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pndrplyphm2k15.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>31610822
Been a while, might as well.
>TOTT
I'm a bit hesitant to do the whole dream thing, due to being told its a huge cliche. I'd still use it though, and in the context of the question I'd most likely use it for foreshadowing purposes or just to be a massive faggot and make inferences about what a character is doing/where they are going.
For an example, lets say some cunt is eventually going to explore a distant world. I'd have him dream of it. Make the dream very surreal, very floaty and vast. He would see the world, almost fly over it. Then awake suddenly, before he sees too much.
>>
>>31694765
>I'm a bit hesitant to do the whole dream thing, due to being told its a huge cliche

Dream sequences are fucking rad, though. You're allowed to make the narration and text confusing as fuck because that's how dreams do, and there's lots of weird imagery you're suddenly allowed to use outside of psychedelic trips and the psychic destruction of the Id.
>>
>>31631997
sleep feels fucking useless hello Benjamin but i do it anyway cause it feels good.
Like masturbation except necessary to survival.
>>
File: Platinum_Thorton.png (1MB, 1850x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Thorton.png
1MB, 1850x3000px
>>31694689
Pretty much what you described: Badge count=levels of availability to use certain environment-affecting moves/clearance to certain areas/training certain pokemon, but I don't go too far into the regulations as of now.

Gym Leaders are the top authority of their area, and if you want to train outside of their jurisdiction, you need their badge to prove you can handle it. Whether or not you battle the Gym Leader or not is up to them, though it's looked down upon if leaders just pass out badges for 'free'.

>adding more than just a gym challenge and battle
That's definitely an interesting idea. The idea of having to 'know your enemy' in order to earn the badge is something to consider. Maybe have two battles for the badge, the first being something like the Battle Tower/any other Battle facility and use "rental" pokemon. Maybe that would be a lot of work for an entire region, but a Rental Gym Battle might be interesting.

I've had the idea of a game where the Champion battle is between you and the champ picking pokemon from the E4 you just beat.
>>
>>31694784
I'll admit, im very shit at the whole writing process as it is anyway. Which is another reason why i don't tend to delve into complicated subjects.
But in terms of subjects I've always been a huge science fiction fag, so delving into fantasy/piracy with this big ass fic of mine has been a nice little experiment. Experiment as in take 10 years to write it.
>>
>>31610822

Wow, my Autzen request is still present in the ideas page? Guess no one's brave enough to tackle it.
>>
>>31692791
I've held onto this idea for a while. A little short-story fic set like a tom clancy book. Some situation about some group (team rocket, aqua, etc.) taking over a building like they usually do. SWAT teams and police are deployed but in order to save lives n shit they just send in a trainer with high level pokemon.
>>
>>31694943
Forgot to make a point, fuck.
Guns are absolutely fine, as long as they're displayed usefully and not just for flash and show. At some point any civilization will develop firearms.
>>
>>31694804
Ooh I do like that idea, with the rental pokemon, but it would be a very difficult thing, logistically. I'm thinking that the secondary challenge (read: not usual 1v1 pokemon battle) would vary from leader to leader, depending on what each one felt was most important. Gym leaders are supposed to be experts on their type, after all, so it stands to reason that each of them would have a unique challenge to go along with that mastery.

Like with Brawly, he has his trainers demonstrate at least a low-level fighting ability, purely from their own strength, and would have them face off against one of the gym trainers. That way the trainer has a deeper understanding of fighting as an art. Ideally, if the trainer didn't know anything about fighting hand-to-hand, they would be taught.

Or maybe Gardenia's would be a wilderness survival challenge, where the participant would build a water-proof shelter and prepare a safe meal based off of their knowledge of plants.

These are just a few examples I quickly thought up, but you see where I'm going with this?
>>
File: 1250050612135.jpg (321KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1250050612135.jpg
321KB, 800x1206px
>>31694994
Yes. In essence, it's the Gym Leader imparting important knowledge/skills onto future generations of trainers as well as testing their merits in battle.

That's definitely a good line to follow, and can probably be worked into any Gym Leader's challenge fairly easily, considering most of them have day jobs/duties outside of being a Gym Leader that you could us as a baseline.
>>
File: great_protector_torapex_dt.jpg (572KB, 1578x1494px) Image search: [Google]
great_protector_torapex_dt.jpg
572KB, 1578x1494px
>>31693251
Seems like in that kind of setting most everyone would be a trainer to some extent almost by default.
>>
File: Primarina.png (300KB, 750x950px) Image search: [Google]
Primarina.png
300KB, 750x950px
>>
>>31695104
It even might be reasonable to anticipate that everybody is expected, at least in their youth, to interact with and to train pokemon, so they'll know how to handle the creatures and how to make an informed decision on which means of self defense they will opt for when traveling beyond the protection of civilization.

Heck, such a culture may go so far as to have specialists that interview, test, and authorize such trainers to cross foreboding terrain that separates the safer and more-treacherous areas… some sort of a badge system and regulation of pokemon techniques that allow access to those areas.
>>
>>31692791
Pretty fine. They are useful things to have, and solve specific problems that Pokémon don't (and viceversa). Going on from what >>31693680 says, the problem is too many writers go for tryhard grimdark when introducing guns, forgetting the premise of Pokémon is a chippier world at the interpersonal scale (esoteric mass weapons do are a thing in canon, but that's mass, not interpersonal).

Basically for me, the idea is that guns can and should exist, but at the level of interpersonal conflict they must not take the place of Pokémon, who are usually the drivers of combat (sportslike or not).

The fact that activities like thieving and poaching still be a thing does help drive the point even further, as it is deviating from "da rulez" that both sides have practical reason to follow. Quoting >>31694955 Gorgel, "At some point any civilization will develop firearms". The thing is what for. I like to thing while most guns would look more or less like their IRL relatives, their munition would be designed and intended to target and disable / restrain humans specifically rather than killing. You don't want to be on the wrong end of shooting a person across a fence and now there's 5 Pokémon (healer is busy) going at your throat - and society in general won't want to either.

>tl;dr: "realism" doesn't mean "grimdark" (something lolfanartists tend to forget with their "realistic=ugly" Pokémon)

>>31695935
Totally this. It is part of the job description of eg.: Ranger Trainers (not Rangers) in my setting, though I had not thought of the relation to a badge system. Good catch! Will totally donut steel.
>>
File: beanie babies.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
beanie babies.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
>>31696612
I have to agree, i see a lot of fanfic writers forget that there's non-lethal ammunition in real life.
or they're just faggots who want muh dark edgy
>>
>>31697491
*less lethal

Real life isn't Hollywood.

However, the Pokémon world could have safer weaponry, like stunning beam weapons. Pokéballs and many other Pokémon-related tools imply a high tech level and the anime had all sorts of weird science-fantasy devices. Even the games had personal teleporters.
>>
>>31697516
Also true. And then a thought that I recall having read of somewhere is that standard issue Pokéballs would work quite nicely as stun guns, have we ever seen in the anime someone being hit by the recall beam?

And then there's nothing wrong with the low-tech approach adapted to the Pokémon world as well. You think a machete is not an issue? Think of it again when the blade is lined with, or made of, Steel-type Pokémon plates.

Pokéworld allows for eeveerything.
>>
>>31697516
>the Pokémon world could have safer weaponry, like stunning beam weapons
This option comes in a few flavors. One is simply avoiding lethal weapons to keep stakes low or because of Code concerns. (Hence the animation's transition from pistols and rifles to nets and putty.) The other is to make a statement about your AU's cultures, human and pokemon.

In the first case, your weapons are plot mechanics disguised as part of the world. They're a way for Hero to cause a Threat to become Neutralized, at least long enough to effect the next action, usually Escape or Secure. The means could be disguised as a toxin, gas, zapper, or hypnotic spell—because it Just Works Just Right, you're spending a little bit of Suspension of Disbelief to keep the plot moving.

In the second case, non-lethal weapons are—in addition to being *less lethal—varied and only circumstantially applicable. Especially in a world with pokemon, which come in a vastly varied assortment of sizes, weights, biological designs, and elemental resistances, the arsenal is varied to match. So, what you portray as the options that people choose informs the reader about those cultural aspects; in particular, the means that don't work, which speaks to the relationship between Pokemon type and non-Pokemon combat, and what kind of defensive weapons are required to be safe in a given wild area.
>>
>>31697682
>have we ever seen in the anime someone being hit by the recall beam?
Bulbapedia's article on Poke Balls claims that the recall beam stuns humans temporarily. They also don't cite any sources for that claim, though, so it might not be accurate.
>>
>>31697682
>have we ever seen in the anime someone being hit by the recall beam?
I'm sure we have, I know (from somewhere) that gettign hit with the ball beam is unpleasant.
>>
>>31697853
>>31697898
Another page cites AG173.
>>
>>31698049
>AG173
10 minutes 20 seconds in Jessie gets hit with the beam, she basically gets electrocuted and James & Meowth haul her off (she's paralysed temporarily and can't move).
>>
File: 1365429367800.png (54KB, 366x266px) Image search: [Google]
1365429367800.png
54KB, 366x266px
>>
>>31698049
>>31698114
Well that solves something. Interesting...

>>31694689
>Badges
I more or less go with the same idea as you do as in badges allowing for lifting of certain restrictions etc.

Somewhat supported by the anime, I also go by the amount of badges can be more than 8 per region, and having more or fewer badges changes what you need to do, or can skip, for entering a regional conference.

>I've also been considering adding more than just a gym challenge and battle to the attainment of the badge
That's what the gym puzzles are for. The game engine doesn't really give us truly representative ones except for say Koga's gym and Ice type gyms, but I'd presume part of the work of a Gym is that you not only have to show mastery of defeating the type, but also using the type to your advantage, or understanding phenomena related to the type.

Perhaps somewhat related, in Stadium 2 the Gym leaders' teams had Pokémon not of their type, but of types resistant or immune to them, most notably Morty's Granbull (eventually the species became Fairy-type).

And this also allows for better justifications for gym rematches, too.

>>31694994
>>31695090
Yeah, this makes sense very much.

>CAPTCHA
>Calle Street
Yeah, I'm bilingual, you don't have to recordarme eso m'ijo.
>>
File: 1460794429973.png (543KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460794429973.png
543KB, 1000x500px
New chapter should drop at some point this week. So many tabletop delays.

That Pokepark thing is also delayed as fuck. The scene I had in mind and getting there are two entirely different beasts that are both limited by my marriage to MoM and homebrew settings.
>>
>>31611508
Why is wicke oofing around?
>>
File: 134792847496.png (368KB, 900x797px) Image search: [Google]
134792847496.png
368KB, 900x797px
>>
>>31703059
Saturday, actually.
>>
Morning
>>
Anyone got gothitelle stories?
>>
File: type null and gladion.jpg (55KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
type null and gladion.jpg
55KB, 724x1024px
Gladion gets bullied and goes to Taco Bell. It's a bully story and it's quite lewd.

http://pastebin.com/a2DmVHEH
>>
>>31708816
>messing with the hair
>dropping got tacos on groin
>sicing Scyther to his face
You monster. I chuckled hard
>>
Voop
>>
File: 1370918816461.gif (843KB, 450x268px) Image search: [Google]
1370918816461.gif
843KB, 450x268px
>>
File: 1486196746391.jpg (80KB, 690x760px) Image search: [Google]
1486196746391.jpg
80KB, 690x760px
>>
>>31708816
>Product placement
I'm calling my lawyer
>>
Are theme any fics with Acerola in them?
>>
>>31713778
I just used Taco Bell because I was hungry for tacos. It could've been any place with scalding hot cheese, really.
>>
>>31714117
>Any
Wait, you mean there's more than one?
>>
File: ARQUITECTO.jpg (754KB, 1441x791px) Image search: [Google]
ARQUITECTO.jpg
754KB, 1441x791px
Hello I'm the guy that posted about the space fic idea. But now I'm thinking a story about a man that is from a posthumanist dimension. He lost his powers and is with a lot of injustice to pokemon dimension. Conserves his intelligence and part of his memories. Now he must save his own dimension. Also I think this must be a philosophycal dilemma.
>>
>>31714425
Correction: He is sexiled to pokemon dimesion.
>>
>>31714432
Stupid keyboard: Correction 2, He is with a lot of injustice exiled to pokemon dimension.
>>
>>31714432
>sexiled
sounds kinky, I'm in
>>
File: 134826927184.png (788KB, 800x758px) Image search: [Google]
134826927184.png
788KB, 800x758px
>>
I was supposed to write a fapfic about Phermosa a while ago but I got bored.

Is that something people would still be interested in?
>>
>>31716421
Dunno about anyone else here but I know I would be interested.
>>
>>31716421
Sure. I personally haven't seen anything like that yet, so it'll at least be fresh.
>>
>>31716421
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_57e7bqymTU

Hell yes.
>>
>>31716421
Yes definitely. Need a link to those ideas?
>>
>>31716426
>>31716437
>>31716456
>>31716466
Very well, calm down. I remember most of the ideas. She doesn't like touching things from our world, starts following a random trainer, scaring away people and Pokemon alike, and I'm supposed to work a rape element in there? Who's raping who?
>>
>>31716473
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/31330813/#31352838
My preference is Sun/male protag doing the rape, though it assumes you include the germaphobe bit in. The context you provided, could seem to go either way though, with guy doing it to scare away Phermosa or her claiming property.
>>
>>31716473
Shit, I'd be down with Phermosa doing it but that's just me.
>>
>>31716473
Guy doms the picky roach lady
>>
File: 1483626985133.jpg (15KB, 347x379px) Image search: [Google]
1483626985133.jpg
15KB, 347x379px
>>31716421
hype
>>
>>31716529
Don't get too hype. Odds are if you want something that isn't short and mediocre, I'll have to pick back up tomorrow.
>>
>>31716542
you don't understand. You are the explorer of a brave new world here, friendo.

There's literally no Pheromosa stuff yet.

Anything is means for hype.
>>
File: 1279582958261.png (3KB, 168x141px) Image search: [Google]
1279582958261.png
3KB, 168x141px
>>31716473
>rape element

Eh, write what ya want. I guess my tastes are pretty vanilla, even for here.

I'll probably still read it anyway, so good luck man.
>>
File: 1482978773114.jpg (228KB, 626x996px) Image search: [Google]
1482978773114.jpg
228KB, 626x996px
>>31716473
>and I'm supposed to work a rape element in there?

It'd be preferable if you didn't.
>>
>>31717718
>preferable

For you, maybe. I don't think you've realised where you are though, pal.
>>
>>31716473
Well if it's the roach doing the raping, maybe there should be a motivation to this such as overcoming her fears of touching unclean things, wanting to explore places of the body hidden from view and emitting her pheromones to have him under her spell ala Salazzle if he objects.
>>
>>31716473
>>31716574
>>31717718
>>31717875
Alas, the culture here is... degraded and depraved quite a lot. The fact that rapefics are considered normal and I can't know who is backing them to form a (better) opinion of people, is to say the least, off-putting.

I'm not interested in these things so I guess my vote doesn't really count. I'll just ignore it, and as the trend goes, I guess I'll just end up ignoring this place altogether.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (10KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
10KB, 200x219px
>>31718334
>trend
nigga that shits been on 4chan since day fucking 1
>>
>>31718334
There's really not a lot of serious degeneracy here. It's easy for people to stop by the thread and ask for it, but not a lot actually gets made. Seems like most writers here heavily favor taking simple, clean requests or more often just writing and sharing their own stories.
>>
>>31718334
>half of the posts you quoted are saying that they aren't into it
You're being overdramatic.
Not to mention that Saws owes his status here to TIYS, which was years ago at this point.
>>
>>31716473
Sun for sure taking the lead. It is his job to deal with UBs in the post game :^)
>>
File: 1481030269663.png (99KB, 864x744px) Image search: [Google]
1481030269663.png
99KB, 864x744px
>>
Writing in progress.
>>
File: 9121033.jpg (1MB, 1750x1238px) Image search: [Google]
9121033.jpg
1MB, 1750x1238px
Here's this week's post:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/21784727

Going back through this chapter, I don't much care for it. I can tell I was scrambling to tie up a bunch of loose ends before the story could manage to move forward.
>>
>>31720666
>gotta go ultra
>>
>>31720666
S-she's fast!

And...SATAN!
>>
Damn. While I'm writing the Pheromosa story I had an idea that I don't want to broach because you fags will be like "Oh yeah, do that!"
>>
>>31725473
The thread is thirsty for any content, so go nuts and uh...oh yeah, do that!
>>
>>31725473
Then why would you post that
just do it you colossal homosexual
>>
Post Hoenn novelizations. If not complete, then of decent length and still being updated.
>>
>>31725516
Getting the feeling it's not actually happening and the dude's just trying to fuck with people.
>>
File: file.png (472KB, 937x1280px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
472KB, 937x1280px
Took a minute, but it's done. Sorry to keep you waiting. I think I might have rushed it, but I'd like to hear some thoughts.

I ended up dropping the rape angle and went for a more "Alien /ss/" vibe.

http://pastebin.com/EKxBa37L
>>
>>31726663
There were some typos here and there but overall it was enjoyable.
>>
>>31726663
>hissing
like those hissing roaches? Pretty darn cute if I say so myself. A bit of a shame of the rape drop, but nothing wrong with /SS/ at all.

I'll be honest, surprised you were able to whip that up in a day and still retain quality pretty good. Nice touch with the alien/UB anatomy too with the smut, as well with the cutesy antics at the start.

>dick hickies
...He must be one study boy to not feel pain from that.
>High impact sexual violence with buzzwole
Alright I kekked hard.

Seems like you still had fun writing it, so I liked it.

Also grats on the first Phermosa lewd story. someone already wrote about her a bit with the other UBS doing a leeroy Jenkins meme
>>
>>31726875
>>31726878
I'm temped to write more, because I kinda want to do a rape angle from her point of view, but I'm burned out. I have a real love hate relationship with writing.

Perhaps someday.
>>
>trainer and her new Pokémon take a ship to go to X region (or X city)
>be at night
>Pokémon leaves trainer to go exploring or something on the ship
>[insert bad guys here] strike and the ship starts going down
>the Pokémon tries looking for trainer, but can't find her
>gets grabbed by adult human and brought, kicking and screaming, to a lifeboat with other humans
>Pokémon's trainer is still nowhere to be seen
>Pokémon looks longingly at the sinking ship and the lifeboat is paddled in the direction of land
>eventually makes it to land in the morning
>fearful, the Pokémon flees from the lifeboat humans
>scared of the unfamiliar surroundings, Pokémon looks for trainer on land but still unsuccessful
>wallows in sadness
>suddenly, a young child walks up to it
>eventually, barriers come down and the child takes the Pokémon in as their own
>they go on a journey
>year(s?) pass, and the new trainer and the Pokémon have achieved much success together as a team
>yadda yadda, they find the original trainer, who actually managed to survive the shipwreck
>some emotional shit happens
That's as far as we've gotten. No real details or specifics. Just a general idea a friend and I came up with on the fly recently and thought we might do something with it.

Thoughts and suggestions?
>>
>>31727481
Write it.
>>
File: 1486458308648.png (342KB, 638x478px) Image search: [Google]
1486458308648.png
342KB, 638x478px
>>31726663
This was pretty great. Thanks for writing it, anon.

Laughed out loud several times. I would love to read some more if you eventually get around to it.
>>
File: fruit sweat.png (116KB, 449x250px) Image search: [Google]
fruit sweat.png
116KB, 449x250px
>>31726663
Fug, that's sweet
>>
File: c63e3onli874.png (81KB, 183x219px) Image search: [Google]
c63e3onli874.png
81KB, 183x219px
>>
>>31726663
Neat
>>
>>31726908
I'll be sure to keep an eye out on you then
>>
File: itcomes.jpg (67KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
itcomes.jpg
67KB, 894x894px
>>31729988

so mimiga when is the new episode of panne's sad time adventures coming out
>>
Now. I will play ORAS and Moon inorder to get knfo for my fic. Any possibility to this idea:
1. The main character (from a very advanced human race) awakens from his colonial ship that travels at 75 percent of C (speed of ligth) fleeing to other galaxy (they can't use the Faster than Light engines because their alien enemies would kill them). One of the most dangerous manouveres is the involves getting nearthe central suppermassive black hole. The main character is the chief engineer. And must oversee the process in order to guarantee the crew safeness. Then a fatal crash on the system put the entire ship in a life/death problem. He/she fixes this and saves the ship. But falls on black hole.
2. His/her ship (that with repairs the bigger starship) falls on an alternative Earth. The autopilot manages to land without any fatal damage.
3. When awakens discovers that is in a new world. And must get hidden to avoid unspected attentions. And also use his camoiflage device to get the matterials to repair the ship and creaete a mean to return to his/her original dimension.
3. During the journey would have some hallucinations because the cryostasis. But also because a hidden risk to the humanity. Both of them.
4. Some suggestion of this board. Lol
>>
>>31726236
>>31726663
Huh, guess I can just go fuck myself.

It was good.
>>
>>31731221
I'm curious about which is your native language.
>>
Found a new story. It seems to be about about Gladion and Type: Null adapting to life outside the Aether foundation. It's only 11k words so far, but it's really solid.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12357709/1/Silver-Bird
>>
>>31732934
He's from Ecuador.
>>
>>31731221
>ORAS and Moon
>Space stuff
Wait what? Where is there even information worthy about space in these games? At most I can guess Mossdeep, but I don't think they speak of anything more useful that launch and other planetside stuff.

>No FTL or aliens will kill them
Hmmmm... why? What kind of weapon can kill you only at FTL but not at subspeed? Even the simplest relativistic weapons are OP'd by subspeed standards. Or is this a mostly politics screwup?

>Entering alternate Earth (mostly?) undetected.
You'll have to solve some minor issues. How do you get past Rayquaza? That thing eats anything starfall for breakfast and is not precisely amicable. Also, any landing that you can walk away mostly unscratched is a landing that is functionally indistinguishable from the landing of a subspeed vertical landing vehicle, so you probably need to account for either visibility at the point of landing, or picking a PoL remote enough to avoid immediate detection by the wildlife (which can probably do crazy awesome things, such as detect and aim in the long range by scent, visuals, heat tracking or psychic signature).

>Materials to repair the ship
How is the MC going to gather information about which materials are usable? Does he have the capacity to craft, forge or alloy back at the ship? Can he afford to ,say, approach a city and gather books and information on subjects such as planetside engineering?

>Suggestions.
If the ship is recognizable as metal by the local wildlife, a small subplot should be dedicated to trying to scare little Aron rascals away from the ship or else they start eating the components (they did wonders with the Megarig Mk.II and that was only in the timeframe of a few weeks, at most). Also might be of interest to see the MC's reaction to some of the wildlife finding the landing site and taking to the ship as an improptu nest or hiding spot. Even better if it's birbs.

That's the first that comes to mind.
>>
>>31733184
>space in these games
Deoxys, elgyem/beheeyem, space is a thing.

>What kind of weapon can kill you only at FTL but not at subspeed?
The kind that's mounted on a starship which can follow a warp bubble's wake but not a silent runner with momentum.

>How do you get past Rayquaza?
Throw him some bacon. Bacon distracts the fug out of anybody.

>How is the MC going to gather information about which materials are usable?
Maybe he brought his own book so it'd be in his language instead of crazy earthrunes? Material is probably easy, since the periodic table is universal—worry more about food.

>post count
Achievement unlocked: Two hundred bumps in one thread.
>>
So, I'm debating whether or not I want to double down on Pheromosa or write smut about something else. Or just write something else.

I know there's a catalog of ideas in the OP, but I like them pitched fresh.
>>
>>31734861
Something with Lurantis, and not realising that it is grass type?
>>
>>31734936
What, smut or not smut?
>>
>>31735511
I don't really mind I'd just like a Lurantis story
>>
>>31734861
Hmm...What other Mon needs smut...
A Beedrill face fucking a lurantis ignoring her bug disguse?
Or if you like Tsareena, you can do something like >>31687778 where a bitchy Tsareena gets taught her place by an annoyed trainer.
Finally, maybe something with Leavanny that babies her trainer too much until he proves to her that he is an adult the lewd way of course.
>>
>>31726164
Amending this. Any novelizations that blend ORAS and Emerald?
>>
File: CzydRilVIAAZcxm.jpg (75KB, 690x1100px) Image search: [Google]
CzydRilVIAAZcxm.jpg
75KB, 690x1100px
>>31734861
I'd really like another Pheromosa story, but I ran out of exploitable ideas myself. Something involving pheromones, or just something out of smut area for a change.
>>
>>31731032
Saturday, as >>31706077 foretells

I gotta start/finish off part 3 of the chapter today, which is more of a cute palette cleanser before I get into the heavy mid-boss scene. There's been a lotta commotion and illness goin on so I couldn't really work my regular pages per day despite being a NEET.

That Pokepark ship's comin along slowly, as well.
>>
>>31735545
I'm writing a comfy Lurantis story. Writing something that isn't smut is refreshing.

First part's done. Second part's gonna be fun.
>>31735681
>>31736099
Noted.
>>
Also I've got the new thread's recap sorted already if nobody else does. I mighta missed one or two fics, though, on the chance that I didn't deem it matching the requirements of the list for whatever raisin.
>>
>>31737080
>>31736955
New thread
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.