[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it is now illegal to develop a video game that uses RNG in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3614.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3614.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>it is now illegal to develop a video game that uses RNG in any way whatsoever
What's the next Pokémon game like?
>>
>Your egg is hatching! Would you like to pay 0.99€ for it to be shiny? Y/N
>>
>>31608980
>No RNG
Competitive Pokemon can finally be taken seriously
>>
I remember some dead smogon pet mod that attempted to do that. Moves had adjusted powers based on their accuracy and critical hit rates. Moves with a chance to cause status gave you status points, and the status would be caused once you reached 100. Among other stuff.
>>
>>31608980
I don't think you could make a compelling RPG without ever generating a random number somewhere in the code.
>>
>>31609045
Well you could, it would just have to be heavily scripted.

Or you just bend the rules. Pseudorandom isn't really random and thus not really rng :^)
>>
>>31609076
Rng is already pseudorandom.
>>
>>31609076
if you think any game uses true randomness it's time for you to log off
>>
>moves with secondary effects would have to be built up over time (for example, Poison Jab would have an "effect value" of 40, and once an effect reaches 100, the effect takes place, so if you use Poison Jab 3 times, the opposing Pokémon is guaranteed to be poisoned
>wild Pokémon are visible on the overworld
>Shinies no longer exist
>but IVs and natures don't exist either (or you have more control over them), so...yay?
>Metronome is kill
Or they could just replace the "RNG" with values based on obscure variables like how many steps you've taken, which Pokémon are in your party, which gender you are, etc. to the point that it isn't truly "random" but based on so many different little things that you'll never have complete control over it all.
>>
File: inside_straight.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
inside_straight.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
All the randumb numbers are generated slot-machine style. Tap on the screen as the numbers or whatever fly by to determine stats, hit or miss, etc.

I miss the slot machines.
>>
>>31609315
That's already how RNG works, only more subtle. Go watch a pokemon TAS. Anything good that can happen to the player will happen.
>>
>>31608980
>play online
>both send out Pokemon with the exact same speed stat
>game crashes because gamefreak didn't think this far ahead
>>
>>31608980
Same shit but every pokemon has a neutral nature and perfect ivs and every item can be found in the pokemart
>>
File: 1476566659003.png (171KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1476566659003.png
171KB, 431x539px
>>31608980
Competitive Pokemon finally comes entirely down to skill. Battle Tower is removed. Overall, very nice.
>>
>>31608980
Video games cease to exist, period.
>>
>>31608994
>€0.99 for a shiny
You know it would be at least €9.99.
>>
>>31608994

This.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.