[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody played Pokemon in a language other than English?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
Has anybody played Pokemon in a language other than English?

How did it go? Bonus if it was a language you didn't understand
>>
>>31606979
Back in the day I used to play it in english without knowing english myself.
Pokemon wasn't a challenge, and I never was a kid to go through with only my starter, but I didn't understand type matchups very well besides the basic elements like water vs electric.

I had real trouble with more complex rpgs, like legend of dragoon. There's a city you have to pick the right number for some laws to advance, I think I got stuck there for years haha
>>
>>31606979

I played OR in Japanese just for fun. It wasn't hard at all, I could tell what moves Pokemon were trying to learn by the base power and accuracy. It's not like I read the dialogue anyway.
>>
>>31606979
Japanese. I was taking classes though.

Somehow I can't go back to english now, got too used with japanese names. I don't know most of english names past gen 5.
>>
>>31606979
I played Y in french because I caught a shiny Zigzagoon in the beginning when I picked french just for kicks.

Got acquainted with some good french names because of it, like Psyduck being Psykokwak.
>>
I played part of White on a japanese emulator when it was released. Wasn't that bad, I figured out the moves as I went.
>>
>>31606979
I played a patched Black rom that only had Items and a few of the Pokemon's names translated when Gen 5 was first released in Japan. Some of the battles were kinda tough because of most of the Pokemon names still being in moon runes, but I got through it.
>>
>>31606979
>>31608247
This, back when Black/White was only out in Japan, Roms were released in broken half translations. You kinda had to wing it half the time but it was pretty fun.

I still think of most Gen 5 Pokemon by their Japanese names
>>
>>31608152
AKWAKWAK
>>
back in the day I played BW in japanese with /v/

The exp anti piracy being reported by Serebii as a tutorial brought many keks
>>
>>31606979
I played all of BW2 with a semi completed English patch
>>
I had my Diamond version imported from Spain because at the time I was a Spanish major and I wanted to give it a try.

Fucking weird with the use of vosotros.
>>
I played Pearl in Korean.
And yes. I am from South Korea.
>>
I played red in spanish because is my born language but when i realize it was europe spanish, i get every pokemon games in english
>>
When I was taking a Spanish class I did a run of Y in Spanish so that I could sort of practice and immerse myself in the language a bit more. Didn't really do shit for me though, and for the most part I couldn't read anything.
>>
File: 1429584994422.png (104KB, 251x217px) Image search: [Google]
1429584994422.png
104KB, 251x217px
>>31608084
>>31608166
>>31608317
>>31608540
>>31608570
my niggas

Playing through Gen 5 in Japanese on emulators before the game came out in the West was some of the most fun I've ever had in Pokemon. It's kinda fun just adventuring without knowing what the fuck was going on.

I still habitually call a lot of Gen5 pokes by their Japanese names because I learned them before the English ones and it just stuck

Roobushin, Kojondo, Doryuuzu, Hahakomori, Erufuun, Zuruzukin, Rankurusu, etc.
>>
>>31608952
I've always thought about doing this for giggles but I figured it would pretty much work out like that
>>
>>31606979
I play through the games in French.
after I started I can't go back, it feels really weird playing them in English now.
>>
>>31606979
I'm austrian and played Pkmn Blue and Gold in German.

what can I say? I sometimes still mix up the german and english pokemon names.

but it's alright. English version is always superior, however
>>
>>31609003
シママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママ

ココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココココロモリ

ガマゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲロゲ

ハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハハコモリ

ヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒヒダルマ

ズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズルズキン

ママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママママンボウ

ギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギアル

ギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギギアル

シビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビビール

オノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノノクス
>>
>>31606979
Nintendo language
>>
File: Madotsuki.jpg (584KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
Madotsuki.jpg
584KB, 740x740px
>>31608952
>A Bocajarro
>>
>>31606979
I played through part of Y in Japanese because I was stupid enough to think that i'd be able to get the Japanese pattern for vivillon that way.
>>
I played white in jap, wasn't too hard except for figuring out where to go after dragonspiral tower
>>
>>31606979
>It's a "burger thinks the whole world is America and other languages are made up for the sake of being a hipster" episode
>>
>>31610551
>Placaje
>>
No, I'm not poor.
>>
>>31606979
I played black with a partial translation patch before it was out in english
The moves were all translated but the plot and dialogue was all in japanese
>>
>>31606979
Played Fire Red in Italian when I was younger. I grabbed the game when i went on a family vacation. I finished from memory, and was a fun gimick to show the other kids at school
>>
>>31610621
>its a "yuropoor/third worlder thinks they're relevant to anything" episode

Go back to your local chan if american supremacy bothers you, faggot
>>
Australian here, limited French knowledge

I played Y in French after playing it in English and to be honest I just knew what was going on from my English playthrough. Barely read anything.

I played Sun from French right out of the box and found it a really helpful experience for my reading. Talked to a lot of NPCs and took everything in. Only problem with that is that I really struggle to remember the English names of new Pokémon (especially the mushrooms) and major characters like the rock lady and that annoying rival character (Alyxia and Tili)

It's good because the vast majority of my Pokémon in bank are English so breeding has netted me a couple of random shinies.
>>
Played a Fire Red rom in Russian, since I don't think Gen 3 was ever officialy translated.

Pretty much identical to the English version, except everything is in cyrillic.
>>
>>31612581
>american supremacy
>Amerifats really believe they're superior to anything
>>
Intenté jugar Omega Ruby en español pero el usa castiliano si no comprendé mucho. Ya no acabo, pero lo quiero.

I know my spanish is garbage but I started it for practice, anyway.
>>
>>31612675
I'm gonna correct your statement

>Intenté jugar Rubí Omega en español, pero el idioma resultó ser español ibérico, por lo que no comprendí mucho. No lo acabé, pero me gustaría.
>>
>>31612703
Thanks.
>>
>>31612639

Yeah. It being пoкe бoлл instead of Poke мяч or something was weird. Was that a fanmade translation or official?
>>
>>31612719
I checked, and Gen 3 never got an official Russian translation. Any Gen 3 Russian rom is fanmade, which is probably why it's a complete transliteration of the English version.

Though, Bulbapedia mentions that the newer gens do have Russian translations, and all the names are still transliterations of the English versions. I don't have Gen 6 or 7, is Russian on the language selection menu?
>>
>>31612845

It isn't. I suspect the Russian localisation was released later on and maybe sold only in Russia?
>>
>>31612845

I can't find anything suggesting that there are Russian versions of the newer games. The anime has been released there though. Are you thinking of that?
>>
>>31612860
Checked again. There is no Russian localisation of the games in any Gen, only the anime and trading cards.
>>
I played several pokemon games in spanish and despite it being my first language it was PAINFUL, I am from argentina and there is so many ass backward words that spaniards use and have no idea what they mean.
Playing a game localized by spaniards as a south american is a pain in general.
>>
Played Emerald on italian since it was the only copy i could find
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.