/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys help emulate the DS games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Desmume.jpg (12KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
Desmume.jpg
12KB, 460x215px
On the one hand Desmume runs fairly slowly, on the other hand Nos$gba also for lack of a better term "hickups" as well as creating static, and has shit settings
>>
>>31604921
Have you tried not having a garbage computer?
>>
>>31604943
have you tried being a poorfag?
>>
Turn on the Dynamic Recompiler in Emulation Settings. Consider turning off fog in 3D settings. Turning off sound can speed things up, but I don't know how much that will help.
>>
>>31604971
The first 2 options I've already done although it seems changing buffer size in the sound menu does help a little so it's a start
>>
>>31605027
What kind of computer do you have?
>>
>>31604955
No. :^)
>>
File: Specs.png (286KB, 1200x998px) Image search: [Google]
Specs.png
286KB, 1200x998px
>>31605059
Granted I know it's my fault for using a laptop with an intergrated graphics card but considering that Desmume is more CPU oriented then GPU I thought it would work alright

Also if there are any ds emulators that could help that I'm not aware of that be great
>>
>>31605110
Also my processor is the core I7
>>
>>31605110
>i7 in a laptop with no GPU
For what purpose?
If you have a decent android phone you could try the emulator on that, it's not as shit as desmume. Your laptop should be able to run desmume reasonably well though, my ancient piece of shit with similar specs and an older i3 could run it just fine.
>>
>>31605110
Should be mostly fine. You may want to make sure you aren't running anything else graphics-intensive at the same time, like recording software, possibly your browser, etc.
>>
>>31605110
You must be doing something wrong. My 2008 laptop could run DS games at 100%, and my Android phone can run them at 200-300%

We are talking about DS games, not 3DS, right? 3DS is pretty intensive.
>>
File: 1458201232699.png (14KB, 351x354px) Image search: [Google]
1458201232699.png
14KB, 351x354px
>>31604921
Disable advanced bus level timing, tick use dynamic recompiler and set it to 1.
You can also disable sound http://i.imgur.com/L9NSk3X.png although you shouldn't need to disable sound in any emulator unless it's Citra because your computer should have enough to handle it.

Plug in your computer and route around in battery settings and make sure that it isn't throttling your cores which is what most shit laptops do these days to avoid battery drain.
>>
>>31605254
Unfortunately I'm chained to IOS

>>31605301
>>31605289
Guess I'll try fucking around in the graphics settings
>>
>>31605345
I can run a DS emulator (iNDS) on my jailbroken phone at 2x speed mate.
>>
>>31605335
Why lower the number on the block size? Doesn't it say 100 is the fastest? We want speed over accuracy here.
>>
>>31605365
Alright yeah 100. I forgot I was trying to throttle a game that was running itself at 10000 FPS a second or something.
>>
Make sure you're also using the latest desmume and not those old shit builds: http://desmume.org/
>>
More speed up customisations:
http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#DeSmuME_runs_too_slow.21
>>
>>31605381
The fuck game was trying to do that? And wouldn't disabling the recompiler slow it down?
>>
File: 1468798867728.png (33KB, 422x452px) Image search: [Google]
1468798867728.png
33KB, 422x452px
>>31605427
Enable the recompiler @ 100
Disable Bus Level Timing
http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#DeSmuME_runs_too_slow.21 if it is still running really slow.

It's probably your computer throttling honestly. Check minimum and maximum processor states, plug in, check any BIOS limitations, make sure you don't have a bitcoin miner on your computer and run some scans.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.