[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I wrong for liking this more than S/M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2996.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2996.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Am I wrong for liking this more than S/M?
>>
Correct
>>
Yes, but I like more the routes and cities in Kalos
>>
>>31602787
Not at all, it was comfy as fuck.
>>
>>31602787
No, I also enjoyed XY more than SM.
>>
>>31602787
Yes.
XY only had two things over SM. A better region, and lack of SOS battles.
>>
Well, among 3 latest games I liked ORAS the most.
>>
No because there are some pretty fair reasons to like XY over SM
>>
>>31602787

yes

X Y had incredibly overpowered experience share
elite 4 with only 4 pokemon
mega evolutions during the main game that made everything even much easier
far worse villains, supporting characters, rivals, music and a literally who champion. also, chibi art.
>>
>>31602787
I like it a lot more now that it's no longer the current generation. I don't know why that matters at all.
>>
>>31602787
>Am I wrong for having an opinion?
No, but you're insecure as fuck. unless this is another thinly veiled sumo hate thread
>>
>>31602787
No.
>>
>>31602870
>implying those two things aren't big things

Also better music, clothing, a competitive starter and Hex Maniac.
>>
File: exp share.jpg (388KB, 941x713px) Image search: [Google]
exp share.jpg
388KB, 941x713px
>>31602905
>>
>>31602905
>chibi art.
Better than the soulless robots we have now.
>>
>>31602787
No one cares as long as you place those two games at the bottom of the barrel

SM was just disappointing, XY was the worst shit I've ever played
>>
>>31602974

XY are bad games, they are so bad they need a remake even more than Diamond Pearl. They would need one to be good games for the first time ever.
>>
It was the second best Gen behind Gen V. It will be the best Gen when VIII rolls around.
>>
Is there a way to just filter all tripfags and namefags? And every reply to them?
>>
>>31603005
Bad opinion.
>>
S/M is easily better IMO. I'm not a pokemon expert and S/M and XY are the only games i've "cleared" in the series, so from the viewpoint as a newer player Sun and Moon is much better.

Alola is so much better than Kalos, The Full 3D characters and enviornments without the top-down perspective make it seem like the first real attempt at a full 3D pokemon, while XY feels like a half-measure.

Team Skull is SSSSSOOOOOO MUCH FUCKING BETTER THAN TEAM FLARE(Is that what they were called? I honestly don't know.)!

The Starters and their evolutions are better than XY, although Greninja is probably as good as if not better than S/M starters. But thats 1 amazing pokemon to 3 solid pokemon.

The music is much more memorable.

The plot, while not shakespeare, is very enjoyable and much more inspired than XY's.

XY had trash characters, and the main cast has much more variety than the four little kids.

I can't comment too much on gameplay because they are very similar, but there are some small changes S/M made for the better.
>>
>>31602821
DEUX
>>
>>31603180
>Team Skull is SSSSSOOOOOO MUCH FUCKING BETTER THAN TEAM FLARE

Team Skull was a fun bait and switch but you really ought to be comparing Flare with Aether.
>>
>>31602935
>Also better music, clothing
Completely and totally subjective. I liked SM's customization and music more.

>a competitive starter
Irrelevant. SM had overall better competitive Pokemon. Just a single Pokemon shouldn't make a difference.

>Hex Maniac
Fair point.
>>
>>31603236
fair enough. And, Aether was pretty weak, but i still found Lusamine and Lillie/Gladion's plot line to be pretty solid.
>>
>>31602787
No, Kalos is a better region than Alola. Alola is one of my least favorite regions. I can't tell which one I hate more, Kanto or Alola.
>>
>>31602870
>None of those things are PSS.

Kek.
>>
>>31602821
Hey jimjam
>>
X and Y were huge disappointments. I sold that shit as soon as Oras came out. No post game, no fucking nothing. Holy shit and then the champion was garbage.

Oras got a pass because gen 3 is my favorite but it sucked too and I traded that shit in too. So far I like sun and moon for the story mainly but the situation with the mega stones is pissing me off.
>>
>>31603236
>Aether
Nah, Skull is still the main team for most of the game.
>>
>>31603029
Filter their tripcodes, then click the button that hides responses to hidden items.
>>
>>31602787
Seeing how its 100x better and SM community have shifted back to it, no.
>>
File: 1485395825094.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1485395825094.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>31602787
No, not at all.
I fucking hated ORAS, but I still found them more enjoyable than SM.
>>
>>31602787
Not necessarily. The important thing is that you realize XY and SM are both better than BW and DPPt.
>>
>>31602905
>elite 4 with only 4 pokemon
They had 4 in BW and B2W2, and nobody complained about it.

>mega evolutions during the main game that made everything even much easier
Like Z-moves which made SM even easier

>far worse villains, supporting characters, rivals
Serena/Calem are good rivals. Supporting characters and villains are better in their concept, but infortunatly poorly shown.

>far worse music
kek

>literally who champion
She's not a literally who though. Also it was never stated that champion MUST do something during the scenario.

>chibi art
Faithful with the sprite arts from every past gens, I don't see how that's a problem.
>>
>>31605378
Your bait is dog shit. Made me reply /10.
>>
>>31602787
No, it was great game. Man, I miss the horde encounters...
>>
>>31602787
Yes
>>
>>31602787
No because it's your opinion and your opinion isn't the same as everyone else
>>
>>31605645

Z moves didnt make the games easier than Mega Evolutions.
Z Move allow you to one shot one enemy, Mega Lucario or Mega Charizard in the game can one shot a team, Mega Evolutions are like giving you an overpowered legendary mid game.

Serena and Calem were so bad they dont even qualify as rivals. Only as very submissive friends. Worse than Wally. All the kids were awful, the dancing fat kid especially.

The story was nonsense and an afterthought. A game that introduces Fairy Type should explain why the Fairy Type appeared. Whitney's Normal Type Gym is shaped like a Clefairy because it was a normal type until that point, I guess she should demolish it or become a Fairy Type trainer and trade her Miltank.
The introduction of fairy type was very badly done from a storytelling perspective.

it feels like all the work went into the 3d models of the hundreds of pokemon and pokemon ammie, the lower half of the 3ds is the best part of XY.
>>
>>31606616
most "teams" in SM are one Pokémon
kek'd
>>
>>31606616
I want to add to your post how many people throughout the game people did actually use Z moves in the game vs the 3 trainers in XY that did
>>
>>31602787
Of course not. SM is absolute dogshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (270KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
270KB, 800x600px
>>31606616
>A game that introduces Fairy Type should explain why the Fairy Type appeared.
This just in, Gen II invalidated because it didn't explain the origin of Dark and Steel types.
>>
File: red breakdancing on 3ds.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
red breakdancing on 3ds.gif
997KB, 500x281px
Yes, your opinion is wrong
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.