[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix a type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: fixed types.png (101KB, 1110x638px) Image search: [Google]
fixed types.png
101KB, 1110x638px
Honestly dont know how to make Bug better without completely undermining another type. Someone care to provide any ideas?
>>
>>31599738
>Bug is now SE against Fairy
>Steel and Fighting no longer resist bug
>>
>>31599738
>nerfing fairy in favor of the numale type
nah
>>
>>31599759
By numale type what are you referring to?
Or are you just trying to use /pol/ buzzwords to insult types that need a buff?
>>
File: 1482674481430.gif (1MB, 676x510px) Image search: [Google]
1482674481430.gif
1MB, 676x510px
>>31599738
Ice now resists Fairy, Flying, and Water.
Rock now resists Rock and is no longer weak to Ground.
Bug is now resistant to Dark.

There, everything is fixed.
>>
>>31599754
>steel no longer resists bug
Have you ever seen a centipede try to bite a saucepan?
>>
>>31599837
>Bug is now resistant to Dark
Shedinja is literally the only pokemon to benefit from that
>>
Ghost could use an offensive nerf.
>Bug now resists Ghost
Here you go.
>>
>>31599870
Bug doesn't need as much help as you fucks think it does.

Dark however could use another check. Ghost does more, but that's beside the point.
>>
>>31599862
Nigga can you imagine how much better bug would be if it could take out top stallmons like Ferrothorn?
>>
>>31599905
>BUG SHOULD BE A GOAT TIER TYPE
Yeah nah, I'm not the guy you're arguing with but that's retarded. Bug already has multiple good competitive mons, it doesn't need a buff that drastic.
>>
why are bugfags so autistic?
>>
>>31599738
If anything, bug should be weak to ice, and not resist fighting.
Consider yourself lucky with what you have now, bugchasers.
>>
>>31599889
>Bug doesn't need as much help as you fucks think it does.
Then why the fuck is it considered the worst offensive type and a horrible defensive type. It's old niche was being the psychic-killer, but the three types it's SE against haven't been major threats in competitive play since gen 3.

Then if you look at it defensively and it's still trash.
>Weak to two of the most common attacking types: Fire, flying
>Weak to stealth rock
>Only real useful resists are ground and fighting
Bug needs help, you're just delusional.
>>
>>31599914
Most good competitve bugs (Scizor, Volcarona, Venopede) rely on their secondary typing. Tell me, when was the last time you saw someone above 1300 elo using Bug Buzz or Bug Bite?
>>
>>31599738
Honestly Ice needs some resists. A water and ground resist would be fine. The underlying issue is when you look at the ice type, it looks like they're all supposed to be glass cannon pokemon, but the only ice-types that actually have that philosophy are weavile and mamoswine. Despite that, GF feels like they need to make ice slow and defensive since traditional RPGs usually have ice themed monsters act that way.

It's such a shame too, Ice has some of my favorite designs, but Weavile is the only one I've ever used in serious play.
>>
>>31599738
>Ice is SE against Water
>Ice resists Water
>The move Freeze Dry is removed / altered
>The move Scald is SE on Ice types

>Bug is no longer resisted by Fairy, Fighting and Ghost
>Bug is SE against Fairy
>>
>>31599914
The bug types that are good in competitive are good in spite of their bug typing, not because of it.
>>
>>31599754
>Fighting no longer resist bug
only if Bug also no longer resists Fighting
>>
>>31600088
Ice doesn't need more things to hit hard, it needs less things to hit it hard.
>>
>>31599947
>>31600091
explain Buzzwole and Pheromosa then. It's not because of Fighting type, since they are also the only two fighting types left in OU
>>
>>31599738
the whole fucking point of bug types is that they have a lot of weaknesses, but they evolve early. therefore, they're great for early game. that's also why they're always on the first routes.

an NPC fucking explains this to you, how dense can you be
>>
>>31600136
How about you take a look at their stat spread and movepool my dude.

>Buzzwole
107/139/139/53/53/79

>Pheromosa
71/137/37/137/37/151

Buzzwole can act as a bulky physical hitter and has the movepool to back up his stats, while Pheromosa is the ultimate revenge killer. They both only use 1, and only 1, bug move each, that being leech life for buzz and u turn for phero. Pheromosa usually runs HJK and Ice beam, not bug buzz or lunge which it can learn. Buzzwole also doesn't really use bug moves outside of leech life. They both are good DESPITE their typing due to movepool + stats. Them being BUG or even fighting doesn't actually help them much at all.

>two fighting types left in OU
Breloom is BL, and M-Heracross, M-Medicham, and M-Lopunny are likely going to be OU again once they're out of limbo. Right now old school fighting types are all UU and RU just because of fairy.
>>
>>31600714
Not even GF cares about the singleplayer anymore, and even then it's not a reasonable excuse for endgame bugs to be as shit as the early game ones.
>>
>>31601013
no way mega medi or mega lop will make it to OU again with all those tapus running around
Lop might get a niche for countering sableye, but that's it
>>
>Bug
Resists: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
2x Effective Against: Ground, Bug

Reasoning:

>Bug
Bugs thrive in the dark so they should naturally resist it. Turing the lights off on a roach puts it at an advantage, not you.

>Ghost
A ghost wouldn't be able to effect a bug in any meaningful way since most ghost thrive off of fear. The the same fears a bug would have would not be the same as a human being.

>Psychic
Bugs are generally simple minded and instinct based. Reading their thoughts would gain you nothing.

>Ground
Several types of bugs burrow into the ground to make their nest.

---

>Ice
Resists: Normal, Water, Ground, Grass
2x Effective Against: Water

Reasoning:

>Normal
A large enough chunk of ice would be practical impossible to break with your bare hands. If that's not a good enough reason for you, then think of it as why normal is ineffective against Steel

>Water
Do I really need to explain this? As an added bonus though, scald should be super effective against Ice types.

>Ground
Ground frozen solid is usually dead and barren. Think of it as the same reason why Ice is super effective against Ground

>Grass
Since the water is frozen, I can't see how Grass would be able to have any effect what's so ever. Maybe keep it neutral. Would need testing

---

>Grass
Resists: Rock
Immune/Resists: Fairy

Reasoning:

>Rock
The fact that grqss resists Ground but not Rock makes no damn sense.

>Fairy
IIRC Faries are supposed to be the protectors of nature. So it makes no damn sense that they would actively try to destroy it. If Being completely immune to Fairy is unacceptable, the Grass should at least resist Fairy

---

>Rock
Resists: Electric
Neutral damage from: Ground

Reasoning:

>Electric
I don't see how a regular rock can conduct electricity

>Ground
It just personally doesn't makes sense to me
>>
File: 1456353693947.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456353693947.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
>>31601047
>implying lele won't be ubers by the end of the generation
>implying neither of them can learn poison jab
>>
>>31599738
Ice is SE on Fairy. It becomes normally effective against Fire again.
It now resists Electric. Hey, it's a worse electrical conductor than water.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.