[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong, and will it ever return?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: 300px-Pokémon_Dream_World_logo.png (69KB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Pokémon_Dream_World_logo.png
69KB, 300x257px
What went wrong, and will it ever return?
>>
>>31599375
I wish it would. The dream radar/dream world are fun and interesting concepts.
>>
>>31599375
It was an interesting way to get Hidden Abilities, and the Dream Balls looked cool.

However, like most new concepts Gamefreak tries to squeeze into every generation, it was underutilized and didn't really reach its full potential. One of those, great concept, shitty execution type things they're famous for.
>>
>>31599375
>morning sun solrock and moonlight lunatone are DW exclusive
WTF
>>
It really shouldn't have been outside the game, and it's pretty clear their website can't handle the kind of traffic a feature like this brings. Also, GF really needs to keep in mind that servers aren't going to be around forever, and now Gen V feels partially crippled because this feature is gone forever. It hurts even more since they had the bright idea to lock berries behind this as well.

If they were to ever create a similair feature, it needs to be inside the game so it doesn't become obsolete, or at least use some kind of downloadable software on the 3DS, Switch or future hardware. This way they don't have to deal with website traffic either.
>>
>>31599832
Sheer force landorus is radar exclusive.
>>
It was grindy as hell. Thank god it's gon...
>Festival Plaza exists
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>31599375
>1 hour per day
>server/website constantly under mainteance or crashing
>areas took a lot of points
>good decorations were mostly JP exclusive

With that said I played the shit out of Gen 5 and I loved every second on Dream World. It will take a long time for this to ever return, so don't hold your on your hopes.
>>
File: 1438878343803.jpg (20KB, 216x212px) Image search: [Google]
1438878343803.jpg
20KB, 216x212px
>Overcoat Shelmet still DW exclusive
>non poke ball fossils still DW exclusive
>>
>replay BW2
>forced to watch the join avenue tutorial each time

it hurts
>>
>no way to grow berries outside of Dream World

God damn it.
>>
File: 1354185329025.jpg (483KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1354185329025.jpg
483KB, 750x750px
>>
>>31599375
this was a great fucking idea

a similar thing will be perfect for integration with mobile

basically it's a smart and profitable move, so it would never happen
>>
>>31599375
they were also to retarded to release the interesting pokemons in the dreamworld:
>imposter ditto
laughs was released later in some shitty event. (most likely jp exclusive (laughs i' don't really know))
>dreamworld starters
laughs no
>dreamworld snivy
laughs i don't really know

and so on. "but hey, you could finally get that dreamworld weedle you were looking for ;)" fuck you gamefreak.
god, i wish a competent developer was given this franchise. unfortunately gf is co-owner so it will never happen
>>
>>31599375
>let's put hidden abilities, berries, c-gear wallpapers, and enhanced balltism behind a service that seldom works, is tedious when it does, and will become totally inaccessible within a couple years
>oh and it's extremely limited to because why the fuck not
The one good thing it did was be such an indefensible atrocity of game design that you can easily spot someone who would suck Gen 5's cock to the end of the earth by their willingness to defend something that has simply by existing crippled these four games for far longer than it will have been around.

The Dream World is the single worst feature to ever have been introduced into the series. This is counting the Battle Palace, Sky Battles, Gen 7's experience formula, and the Diamond/Pearl gameplay engine. If the Dream World did not exist and its features were integrated properly with the game, Gen 5 would be objectively better than it is now.
>>
>>31600210
So if I can inject everything on Gen 5, it's the best gen?
>>
>31600223
>a strawman this shitty
No (You) for you
>>
File: 130580719430.png (2MB, 650x3502px) Image search: [Google]
130580719430.png
2MB, 650x3502px
>>
>>31600206
Imposter Ditto wasn't released until BW2 in any country, I don't think.
>>
>>31599842
>If they were to ever create a similar feature, it needs to be inside the game
Poke Pelego
>>
>>31600210
The balltism didn't even work too well back then since Poké balls didn't pass down. Gen VI and VII rectified that and made my old dream mons useful again since VI introduced ball inheritence and VII introduced it for males.

The bigger issue in Gen V was how you were required to get a female to pass HAs down, which made it an insanely annoying grind to get the HA you want for breeding purposes. Apparently the gender ratio was 25% female for all Pokémon as well, for some reason.
>>
>>31600253
I kicked ass on Pelipper's game.
Though
>Playing ice-cream scoop
>Getting use to how big the scoops can get vs. the amount of time it takes to scoop them
>"Oh wow, just a few seconds left and I can bea-"
>The whole damn thing crashes down like 9/11
I never did get that Superpower Contrary Spinda.
>>
>>31600358
I exploited the hell out of it; if you created a scoop and dropped it overlapping the scoop you just placed, it forced the first scoop to lock into position no matter what.
>>
>>31599808
I know you people are just pushing an agenda on why pokemon should be some specific x but...the dream world wasn't underutilised. It was overutilised, and poorly designed. You had to use the dream world to grow berries, for fucks sake.
>>
File: dqrupv.jpg (34KB, 570x341px) Image search: [Google]
dqrupv.jpg
34KB, 570x341px
>you'll never break the damn rocks with charizard or play the wailord game again
>you'll never go into other players houses to look at their shit and take care of the berries

I played Gen 5 to the death and I still miss everything.
>>
>>31600210
>Gen 7's experience formula
>He doesn't know it was also gen 5
>>
>>31600420
> doesn't know that you could farm audinos
>>
>>31600432
Gen 5's experience system was retarded, but it also had farmable rustling grass audinos, and BW2 had the Battle Hollow thing with trainer mons up to like level 90. In BW, especially since later routes have mons besides Audino, it was still trash.
>>
>>31600458
and yet still better than gen7
>>
>>31599977
>HA Gen III, IV and V fossil are still DW exclusive
>>
>>31599847
does radar work anymore? is it worth buying
>>
>>31599375
>What went wrong
it existed
>will it ever return?
hopefully not, GF the shittiest feature up to date even worse than the festival plaza
>>
>>31600298
>the wild pokemon you befriend don't have HA
Just why?
>>
>>31600717
It still works but it's only interesting if you're looking for specific HA, balltism or if you want (HA) legendaries, genies or every gen IV legendary.
>>
>>31600752
I meant box legendary.
>>
>>31600752
>or every gen IV legendary
Which you can get anyway in ORAS

The HA genies are worth it though
>>
>>31600761
>non-pentagon
BARF
>>
File: 1446003770086.jpg (8KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1446003770086.jpg
8KB, 227x222px
>>31599375
It will return; it's inevitable.

How to make it fun: Make it easier to access new areas, and let us play on the 3DS. Make an offline version of it to work like the Poke Pelago (berry farming, breeding eggs, etc).

Add more minigames every months, add things that changes the meta, don't tie abilities to HA, make them free (ie allow us to get Drought Moltres, Levitate Magnezone, etc).

Make areas more interesting. For example, a Pokemon transferred from Sinnoh would occasionally dream about the Distortion World.

DO NOT make it a passive thing, like "deposit pokemon and receive goods at night".
>>
>>31600761
HA Ho-oh (Regenerator) and HA Lugia (Multiscale) are pretty nice, though.
>>
>>31600752
For 4€ or so? I'll do it
>>
>>31600814
It's 3 euro, even.
There aren't a lot of Pokemon you can catch, though. About 15 by normal means, 3 if you use a button combination and the corresponding legendary of the gen IV game you insert in your 3DS.
>>
>>31599375
I do remember it fondly, though it was a while ago.
The games were great for kids, which is fine. Some of them really needed a mouse or a tablet though.
Having all berry farming restricted to it was painful, but it was an excellent berry patch. Perhaps the best behind XY's and tied with Pelago, since they're just about the same.
Swapping rare berries was great.
Everyone likes HAs and Dream Balls, though the execution at the time wasn't the best.

I did manage to get some good pokemon out of it, though not as much as I would have hoped, since I didn't usually have a network my DS could use. I think I didn't like waiting for everything to transfer, either, since I remember leaving a pokemon in there for a long time, only transferring back when I found something I really liked.
I hope I didn't leave it in there.
>>
>>31600784
>For example, a Pokemon transferred from Sinnoh would occasionally dream about the Distortion World.
So we can get nothing at all?
>>
>>31599842
I think putting it outside the game is fine to a point, but you're absolutely right overall. It's a dead feature people are never going to be able to experience again, and that's sad.
>>
>>31601112
It's fine if the feature doesn't die within 4 years like it did for all Gen V online features. The Gamespy shutdown and subsequent death of WFC was outside of GF and Nintendo's hands, but that doesn't change the fact that B2W2 had their online capabilities for less than 2 years, which is absolutely appaling and one of the shortest lifetimes for any successful online game.

Even worse, Dream World shut down in January 2014 and the GL features for Gen VI got shut down well before Sun and Moon came out so it's pretty clear GF is unwilling to keep these features alive for a reasonable amount of time.
>>
File: 1429069972539.png (97KB, 248x296px) Image search: [Google]
1429069972539.png
97KB, 248x296px
>>31601074
>>
>>31600784
>don't tie abilities to HA, make them free (ie allow us to get Drought Moltres, Levitate Magnezone, etc
this is a bad idea. I'm all for more abilities to shake up the meta, but more RNG for even more potentially broken mons is not a good idea. Imagine Psychic Surge Alakazam or Huge Power Bisharp, or even something like Contrary Hydreigon.
>>
>>31601223
The Distortion world is literally home to only Giratina anon.
>>
>>31601331
It's a dream. I don't know about you but my dreams usually doesn't follows real world logic.

>>31601322
>this is a bad idea. I'm all for more abilities to shake up the meta, but more RNG for even more potentially broken mons is not a good idea. Imagine Psychic Surge Alakazam or Huge Power Bisharp, or even something like Contrary Hydreigon.
I'm not saying for them to make it completely random, as I gave some examples of what would make sense.

The ability system we have right now is too limiting.

If the battles were to become too unpredicable, just announce the ability on entry even if it has no immediate effect (like they do for Mold Breaker).
>>
>>31601488
>I don't know about you but my dreams usually doesn't follows real world logic
They're Pokemon dreams anon. Plus the only thing they would know of the world is that Giratina lives there so it would be more like a nightmare of it chasing them.
>>
>>31601524
Not him, but I figured it would just mean that the background/skybox would be different.
>>
>>31601574
Then what would be the point?
>>
Having it as an app like Radar or Bank would be the best way forward
>>
>>31600786

They'll be easier to deal with when gen 2 hits the VC so you can control for nature.
>>
>>31600741
Because you can get them by SOS. I think GF thought ahead back in Gen5 when they introduced grottoes as a means of catching HA pokemon, then with Horde Battles, and now with SOS.
>>
>>31600419
I use to write down the names of people that left the best items on their shelves, and the people it took me to get to them. One guy would always put out all sorts of rare stuff and I'd just give him oran berries.
>>
>>31601663
>johto pokemon don't have their hidden ability when transferred
>kanto mons still do
>>
File: mimifeel.png (17KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
mimifeel.png
17KB, 645x773px
>>31600419
god damn it, I miss dream world so fucking much after seeing this, going to other people's dream world houses was the best fucking thing

I want it back
>>
>>31601603
>>31601524
What's the problem of a distortion world dream having more than Giratina?

Hell, make it some kind of "endgame" - after you beat the league, other region's pokemon start appearing on Unova.

Putting a Bronzong or Bronzor to sleep can lead you to the Distortion World, allowing you to "befriend" Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Bronzor and Bronzong.

Relicanth would allow you to visit Hoenn's underwater caverns, where you'd finding Kyogre, Regice, Groudon, Registeel, Relicanth and Regirock.

Metagross, Lunatone and Solrock would allow you to visit Hoenn's skies - where you'd find Deoxys, Lunatone, Solrock and Rayquaza

I think it could be a lot of fun.
>>
>>31601667
SOS is a complete pain especially since you have to chain it to get a chance.
Dex nav and hordes were far superior.
>>
>>31601700
At least you can do that with bases.
>>
>>31601715
Everything in SM postgame is a complete pain compared to XY.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.