[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Master Guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Master Guide 1.png (481KB, 451x633px) Image search: [Google]
Master Guide 1.png
481KB, 451x633px
Hey, /vp/, can you help a guy out? I'm looking for scans of these old Master Guides. I actually have every issue of them at my dad's house somewhere but I haven't a clue where, so I'm looking to fill the gap in the meantime with the scans.

I'm sure we've all seen the hilariously bad tips from the first issue from a day when NOM didn't really understand the mechanics of the game (advising you to use the Master Ball on Fearow, for instance, or causing a whole generation of British children to use the Down+B technique when throwing a Poké Ball) but the magazines themselves were amazing, the walkthroughs were basically Bulbapedia before Bulbapedia.

They covered a range of games from the original two right up to Crystal and Stadium 2, If it helps, here's the issue listing and what's on the cover:

* 1: Pikachu on a blue background (RB)
* 2: Pikachu on a red background (RB)
* 3: Pikachu on a purple background (RBY, Stad)
* 4: Pikachu on a white background (Snap, Pinball, Stad, RBY)
* 5: Mewtwo on a purple background (TCGGBC, Puzzle League, Snap, Stad, RBY)
* 6: Lugia on a silver background (GS)
* 7: Ho-oh on a gold background - this one is actually titled Pokémon Monster Guide with more of a focus on the Pokémon than on walkthroughs (GS but also includes RBY Pokémon)
* 8: Suicune on a blue background (Crystal, Stad2)

As far as I know, that's the lot.

I can't offer much in return, but I can offer a .pdf scan of the first issue. Hopefully this will tickle a nostalgia bone with some of you and, for those of you who haven't seen it, you may like what it offers. Note that issue one is a bit more basic than some of the issues that followed!

Apologies for the ludicrously lengthy Mega link.

mega[dot]nz/#!ZU0R0ZYB!Fbc-DV3nJOjTt2qnnUcBWmkpPZn_9MaNf2iaaGl94tU
>>
>>31599212
>from the experts at Nintendo
>Nintendo
>experts
>>
>>31600669
>use masterball on hard to catch pokemon such as rattata
>>
>>31599212
I have the Lugia guide as a PDF. I loved these as a kid, I read mine until they fell apart.
>>
>>31601946
Same, my issue 1 is scratched as fuck, that shiny cover didn't weather reading well at all. It was very well loved by me and my friends!
>>
I have the Crystal edition but the cover has been ripped off because I loved it too much & i hung it up. If that wasn't the case I'd help you out, but I think there's a shit ton of writing in it as well.
>>
>>31602133
Here's the link to the Lugia PDF

https://mega[dot]nz/#!VtATDTgY!3kHo4WZxF9lIO1BEGwn6WiZOFxX-t1S-lEjgPMQHHoU
>>
>>31602220
That's okay, man, I appreciate the thought :D I think anyone who had these loved them to fuck. Old NOM was so good, even when it was printing ridiculous shit like how to get Yoshi in RB.
>>31602467
Thank you so much! That's amazing, man :D
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.