[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 7

File: gf.jpg (39KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
39KB, 605x454px
I think after SM i really and finally lost hope for GF to make good Pokemon games again.

XY was just a small sign that something is wrong because of weak story and lack of post game but at the time it didnt seemed serious because it was first 3D game, new console and so on. It was still in the range of saving by Z, just like Platinum saved DP. But that never happened

Then comes ORAS and this time it really feels there's something wrong. Sure, GF still provided some decent features like Soaring and DexNav but lack of many features from Emerald was worrying and disturbing, once again post game felt short and empty

But finally we have a long break and big announcement of 20th annivesary games Sun and Moon. It seems this time GF goes all out..and yet they didnt. At all.

There are positives: the game is more challenging than gen 6 was, they removed HMs and PokePelago is useful. But thats about it

The post game still is short and empty, the region feels limited by graphics, basically GF clearly tried to make the best looking game but then they realized they're not able to do so and they left the region half baked. There's no decent dungeons, caves, even most of buildings are closed or they have one room (tide song hotel anyone?). Its the first game where majority of Pokemon Centers are on routes because GF couldnt provide more cities. Same goes for human models. There's whole 10 old characters and even Alolans models are reused to create new trainer classes

The story focuses more on adventures of Lillie and Hau rather than providing some other dimension stuff they tease through the whole game. Despite having tons of cutscenes, most of them dont even bring anything to the plot.

Alola forms got even worse treatment than megas: less than 20, only Kanto and half of them are jokes. Z-moves dont add much, Zygarde has no role despite Sina and Dexio implying otherwise to your face, Searching for home of Solgaleo/Lunala...just gets dropped and fortgotten.
>>
The UBs are all catchable in a row and at full health because the beast balls are OP.
Gladion and the "beast killer" Type Null serve no purpose at all.
Even Looker this time around doesnt arrest anyone and all the bad guys just move on
BUT LILLIE CAN CROSS THE BRIDGE NOW IN HER Z POWERED FORM AND SHE DECIDED TO BECOME A TRAINER LIKE 95% PEOPLE IN POKEMON UNIVERSE. WHAT A DEVELOPMENT!!!

Im just not excited even about the thought of next game, specially if its Alola 2 but even if its DP remakes it makes me more worried than excited

Wil i buy the next game no matter what? Yes, i will but doesnt mean i'll be excited again. Fisrt gen 6 was a slide down and now SM is a big red no for me at the moment

What about you? Are you excited about future Pokemon games?
>>
>>31598357
Just out of curiosity, which Gens did you like?

I got serious in Gen 2, waned out a bit in 3 and 4, got back in 5 and 6, but I am waiting on 7 to be fixed before I invest in it. It definitely seems like Sun and Moon was a big miss for a lot of fans from what I heard.
>>
>>31598362
Support Showdown. Or Evocreo. Or Digimon. I'd rather play rom hacks and fangames instead of the mainline games.
>>
>>31598382
Favourites are 5, 4, 3 in that order
>>
>>31598386
>Supporting showdon
Thats the reason
>>
>>31598357

I do agree with most of this except ORAS, those games were remakes of RUBY and SAPPHIRE, not Emerald, people need to realize this and stop complaining that the Frontier and Emerald features were left out.

Something tells me that they had a lot more planned for S/M but because they wanted to get something out for the 20th anniversary, they had to release it by the end of 2016 otherwise it won't be the 20th anniversary anymore, so they rushed it and only put in a few of the things they wanted to.
>>
>>31598394
So sounds like you're going through the same thing I did during Gens 3 and 4. Just take a break for awhile and maybe later or even next Gen Game Freak might include something that will appeal to you. Like I said, Gen 3 soured me a bit because it was such a downgrade from Gen 2 in some ways (less pokemon, new mons sucked, unbalanced weather metagame, no day and night, etc.) and Gen 4 for me was just boring. It took 2 Gens for me to get back into it and 3 Gens to be serious. Just take a break and come back when you feel ready. The franchise will still be here.
>>
>>31598451
HGSS had all the Crystal features. How do you explain that?
>>
>>31598451
People also think "Emerald" when they think "Hoenn". GF just should've realized that, specially since Frontier was the only thing to do post game in Hoenn

Also im not buying the "rushed" theory. Not for three games in a row. They just stopped caring about the content.
>>
>>31598362
>The UBs are all catchable in a row and at full health because the beast balls are OP
Honestly I don't get this complaint too much personally. I've always thought hard-to-catch Pokemon are overrated and the Tapus reminded me of this fact in gen 7. Okay, Wandering Pokemon you have to chase down can be kinda fun, but I hate Pokemon with like 5% catch rates because all it makes you do is sit there and lob Pokeball after Pokeball, occasionally interrupted with a hyper potion. It's more tedious than anything.

>>31598451
>those games were remakes of RUBY and SAPPHIRE, not Emerald, people need to realize this and stop complaining that the Frontier and Emerald features were left out
The only people who should still be making this argument are trolls. This is an absurd meta-reason for defending GF's laziness, and beyond that it's also not even the one Masuda himself used for why the Battle Frontier wasn't in the game.
>>
>>31598476
Thing is i dont want any breaks. I still was fairly postitive about gen 6 despite the many flaws i saw. But with SM came the realization GF just doesnt try enough nowadays.

Im not leaving the franchise but im losing hope for it, at least for the main games because for example Super Mystery Dungeon was one of the best entries in the series
>>
Yeah Op you got it right, I've been on the border because I'm a die hard pokemon player and I want to train and run new and old bros, but this game has shown and offered so little that even though my inner child is screaming for me to buy it, I can't because just like No Man's Sky I know its a waste no matter how pretty it looks.
>>
>>31598492
This, the rushed meme must die
>>
>>31598487
I want to add that also FR/LG had EXTRA post game content that was not even in the originals either with VS Seeker and the Sevii Islands. But as bad as ORAS may have seemed to some, I felt Sun/Moon is worse with its post game.
>>
What people fail to realise is that GameFreak is trying to cater to everyone.
For years upon years, fans cried that all they cared about was the competitive metagame. And thus GF focused on that. Breeding pokemon, EV training and all that were made easier starting in XY. To the point you don't even need to really get all max IVs, just spend bottle caps and you can even keep your precious hidden power typing. When focusing on keeping the competitive guys happy, they also gave us other things such as the improved graphics and new mechanics to fiddle with (Megas, alolan forms, Z power, UBs, Tapus and their field bullshit).
But naturally, it could not all be fit in the game. Both maingame and competitive metagame could not coexist.
And thus we got the mess that SM is. I agree that the game feels rushed, the story is childish and short and with the exception of ORAS (remake and all), rivals are complete and utter SHIT.
But it's what we wanted. We gave NetBattle, Showdown and whatnot our time, GameFreak tried to win us back.
Truth be told, we're all just spoiled brats that are never happy.
Including myself.
>>
>>31598564
>But it's what we wanted
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>31598580
If I were speaking for myself I would've said "I", not "we", would I? Basic reading comprehension, come on now.
Just read any recent (read last 3 years) interview, you'll see they're catering to the competitive scene more than the rest.
>>
>>31598588
Sure they might be but I doubt the competitive scene is the majority of the people that buy pokemon games.
>>
>>31598564
I do see your point but this is exactly why im disappointed. I dont get why GF cant have a team of people focusing on the metagame and other group that works on the game content. This is bizarre to say the least
>>
>>31598564
spoken like a true fan, although I never really cared for competitive which is something GF themselves forgot about a wide majority of players. Its easy not to introduce a complicated formula just to have a wide fanbase, for me, pokemon was best when it was a somewhat rock paper scissor meta with slight number indicators such as spd, atk,def ala red/blue/green. It never needed priority calculations and such complicated nature based IV and EV sets which makes it hit a ridiculous level of needing to cater to comp so much. Talks of sets and teams and which mon is in the hot seat make my head spin. I just train my bros and wish to have a good but challenging time. NG+ was all I ever asked which will never be a thing.
>>
>>31598594
Me too, but that's just GF's way to win those people back(myself included). I'm not excusing them, they fucked up bad for forgetting the other part of the fanbase, but I also understand where they're coming from.
>>31598598
Yeah, I'm with you there. Specially for a company that's grown quite a fucking lot in the last couple of years. Without Pokemon, GF wouldn't last 5 years. They better take care of this baby really well.
>>31598601
Yeah, I misspoke, the competitive guys aren't majority but it's the people GF is trying to win back. I too enjoy the main game but also go for competitive. I'm just as disappointed in GF as the next guy.
>>
>>31598564
GF has not really cared that much about meta since Platinum. There are few balancechecks here and there, but then they just create megas and Z-moves that fuck things up without adding interesting gameplay, only cool visual effects. While the lack of Battle Frontier means no worhtwhile singleplayer for competive needs.
>>
My main problem with SM:
>RGBY
The story revolves around the Player and their Adventure.
>GSC
>RSE/FRLG
>DPP/HGSS
>BW/B2W2
>The story revolves around the Player and their Adventure, while observing N and his story.
>XY
The story revolves around the Player and their Adventure, along with your "Friends" and their goals.
>ORAS
The story revolves around the Player and their Adventure, later about Crazy Dragon bitch.
>SM
>The story revolves around Lillie and her progression, meanwhile the Player is there to support her and have an "Adventure".
>>
>>31598643
I don't mean to derail the thread but HOLY FUCKING SHIT I hate the tapus and UB. Tapus pretty much mean everyone needs one in their team, if not because it's good for you, then it's to have some sort of field control and disrupt your opponent. UB fucks everything up, you gotta have a counter for those fuckers.
God I hate what GF is trying to do. Why can't they simply add more interesting pokemon and moves, instead they just put things at random. It's Gen V and the whole Politoad+Drizzle or Ninetales/Drought all over again. Every fucking team had one of those.
>>
>Wil i buy the next game no matter what? Yes, i will but doesnt mean i'll be excited again.

Here's the problem, if we keep instabuying games they won't improve or make some effort
>>
They want the casual and normie audience
>>
>>31598357
yeah they know they don't have to try hard to sell games. I won't be buying them anymore, I'll just pirate.
>>
>>31598702
That's even worse. Just don't play. If you pirate, you have no room to complain.
>>
>>31598362
>Yes, i will but doesnt mean i'll be excited again.

He will "literally buy it anyways."
>>
File: Let me tell you what I feel.png (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
Let me tell you what I feel.png
7KB, 225x224px
>>31598702
Same here. I've been supporting Game Freak for too long for them to be throwing out shitty games like Sun & Moon. I'll just pirate as well.
>>
>>31598750
Yes thats exactly what i said. Im with Pokemon franchise for almost 2 decades and im not going to drop it right away but if this current trend continues i might finally drop it. Like i said im already not excited for the next game(s) but im not going to be like "OMFG im not buying this sshit anymore reeee" because im not feeling it just yet
>>
>>31598698
Well yeah, they're stupid enough to not care about quality and believe that "Pokemon Games"/Nintendo Brand is always "Good".

Other problems:
>Removing, replacing, and or changing features with worse versions while using "We want each game to have it's own experience!" as an excuse.
>Trying to please both Japanese(Cute girls/Mons) and Western markets(Gen 1).
>Wasting resources on shallow and or bloated Mini games that serve very little or no purpose other than fluff(Poke Viewer).
>Wasting potential and making "Why?" decisions on a regular basis(Most releases).

If GF decided to make a Pokemon Chao Garden where they could actually play with their Pokemon and interact with it in a "Themed Room", while raising it's Friendship, Contest Stats, and unlock special cosmetics for Battles(Custom Pokeballs for Pokemon hatched and raised in the Garden).
>>
>>31598782
Dont even get me started on Pokefinder

This is the worst and probably most boring and pointless side feature ever.
>>
>>31598357
XYhas a good story. The bad thing is how it was told. Too fast with lacking backstories
>>
>>31598794
Pokefinder was probably their response to people asking for a new Snap game. Apparently they decided it didn't need any of the features that made Snap fun.
>>
>Pokemon Stars comes out
>Everyone forget about this thread
>>
>>31598794
I just don't understand the appeal of watching a Pokemon's model do the same poses as battle in different areas.

Ways to make PokeFinder work:
>Linked with the QR Scanner/Island Scan.
>Once you scan your QR codes and do an Island Scan, the Player has to use the PokeFinder to find spots that the Rare(Not Native) Pokemon is at/hiding and catch it.
Second Use:
>Going to the PokeFinder spots on certain days/and time(Day/Night) without Island scanning spawns random Native Pokemon(Different in each area) that have a 50% chance of having Hidden Abilities.
>>
Does the "B-team" that developed HGSS and B2W2 still exist? Correct me if I'm wrong, but ORAS were made by the A-team right?
>>
>>31598702
>>31598763
>Pirating a game you know to be shitty
I'm not sure who's the more shitty one here.
>>
>>31598866
Dunno. Maybe they were making Z until it got axewd.
>>
>>31598828
I hope so. I'm sick of all these incomplete 3DS games.
>>
Wow nice thread. So you people finally woke up? It took a decade but you did it.
>>
>>31598357
Zygarde got cucked so hard in terms of story and gameplay, literally blue balls from the hype and the anti-climatic shit regarding Zygarde. The cube should change ALL of its form, not power construct, and removing Aura Break just cucks the lore more

The cell fetch quest is fine, but the untapped story potential is fucking bad, Zygarde fighting the UBs in the post game in a Z episode would do wonders for SM.

The worst part regarding Zygarde and it being shoehorned into SM is that we don't even get to keep the complete form, unless you inject it n shit.
>>
>>31599229
At the very least Zygarde is just a leftover from XY

Ubs and Silvally had even worse end of stick and its their game
>>
>>31599229
I still think (i.e. hope) Zygarde and Kalos will get something else. One of its Pokédex descriptions says that it awakens when the equilibrium of KALOS is in danger. I find the mention of the region quite specific.
>>
>>31598564
>For years upon years, faggots cried that all they cared about was the competitive metagame.
FTFY
>Breeding pokemon, EV training and all that were made easier starting in XY.
and then everyone went le just inject them :^) while the single player stayed guttered out of content
gamefreak should've learned from sega to never, ever listen to the fans
>>
>>31598847
I was hoping Pokefinder will be used forfinfing Ultrabeasts - you know
just like how ghosts are only seen on camera.
>>
>>31599229
I don't think they're done with Zygarde just yet. Like you said, there is the seemingly random Zygarde fetch quest in SM, but there are also "Z"-Moves, Guzzlord cave that has an exact same layout as Zygarde's cave in XY, and even some less notable stuff like dishes in restaurants having Z in their names.
>>
>>31599445
I hope that this Zygarde in SM is incomplete, since it has power construct over aura break and it doesn't make sense that its strongest form that is meant to combat Xerneas & Yveltal is having more trouble facing Xerneas by losing aura break. And that in "Stars/Prism/Whatever" Complete form Zygarde is changeable and just gets Aura Break.Though, Arceus' multitype ability was changed to work with Z-moves, so I guess there's always something to look forward if they ever gonna change Zygarde's mechanics or so.
>>
>>31598873
I still want to play, but I'm not going to support their 2 steps forward 1 step back behavior. They know what people want, they choose to make the games mediocre.
>>
>>31598357
Man I didn't even buy SM, that's how dead pokemon is to me
>>
>>31599513
Game Freak in a nutshell
>>
Thank you Anon.
Everything you said was 100% FACT.
>>
File: 5fe.jpg (19KB, 621x569px) Image search: [Google]
5fe.jpg
19KB, 621x569px
>>31598357
>>
Ummm... is this bait?
>>
>>31598394
Oh, no wonder. It make sense now. You have shit taste. That being said you're stuck here forever just like the rest of us.
>>
>>31598811
Agreed. I wanted to hear more about AZ, his Floette and the war in Kalos. Instead as soon as you find out about it, the whole Team Flare/main storyline is basically over.
>>
File: 1484747762995.png (657KB, 644x432px) Image search: [Google]
1484747762995.png
657KB, 644x432px
>>31598362
>>31598675
>The story revolves around Lillie and her progression, meanwhile the Player is there to support her and have an "Adventure".
This is probably my biggest problem with SM. GF decided to remove any sense of adventure and exploration with this title for the sake of shoving plot down the player's throat. What's even worse is the fact that they decided to make the most bland, generic waifubait character the focus of the story when there were other characters that were MUCH more interesting than Lillie.

>b-but JRPGs all focus on story!!!
Not all of them do. Some of them allow for players to explore themselves for details pertaining to the plot, characters, and world, rather than constantly handing you everything through cutscenes, which GF doesn't seem to realize are not the only way to tell a story. And even if most of them do focus on story, taking the player out of gameplay to constantly shove plot at the player is not a characteristic of good game design, it's just the developer taking the easy way out because they can't come up with a better way of getting story across.
>>
>>31599620
found the shill
>>
>>31598362
>The UBs are all catchable in a row and at full health because the beast balls are OP

They're the same as a Quick Ball. I only bothered with them because they're free and they look cool.
>>
File: e4sh4hs5.png (95KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
e4sh4hs5.png
95KB, 300x381px
>>31598357
>"There are positives: the game is more challenging than gen 6 was, they removed HMs and PokePelago is useful. But thats about it."
>Excellent music that sets the perfect atmosphere
>More story focused and nice buildup towards future events in the game such as the Aether Foundation and the events at Poni Island
>Graphical improvements from the Chibi-styled visuals from Gen 6
>Implying all of Hawaii is littered with metropolitan areas.
>Discovery of Ultra Beasts and the mystery that surrounds them, the Cosmog evolutionary line, and Necrozma.
>Implying you use every Mega and thinking it would be the same case for Alolan forms as far as usage and personal taste goes
>Not knowing that ALL moves have a Z-move and that Z-Status moves such as Z-Parting Shot for example can play just as good as a role as a Z-Attack.
>Not thinking that Ultra Space wasn't implied to be their home.

The only thing you got right was Kanto only Alolan forms and barely any Zygarde lore, but aside from that and all the other pessimistic edgelords in this thread, you're too keen on all the negatives and are unable to appreciate more of the good because it's super easy and cool to hate on everything now, otherwise you won't fit in with the kool kidz. Of course, /vp/ wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for autistic reasonings for why you don't like thing. People like you are probably the types that were retarded enough to spoil themselves the game before it officially released and then complained on /vp/ about how nothing appeases them after playing.

>"EVERYTHING has to appeal to MY taste otherwise it's bad!"

Nice blog post, faggot.
>>
>The post game still is short and empty
it has two battle facilities and a sidequest. I dont see how that's "short and empty".

>GF clearly tried to make the best looking game but then they realized they're not able to do so and they left the region half baked. There's no decent dungeons, caves,
Poni Canyon was excellent and probably one of the best caves/victory roads in the series

>even most of buildings are closed or they have one room
like every other Pokemon game?

>Same goes for human models. There's whole 10 old characters and even Alolans models are reused to create new trainer classes
what? the models are all unique and stand out. not to mention the fact that they are actually animated now.

>The story focuses more on adventures of Lillie and Hau rather than providing some other dimension stuff they tease through the whole game.
this is true, although this was the first time they tried a story this big in Pokemon, so you kind of have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

>Despite having tons of cutscenes, most of them dont even bring anything to the plot.
what?
I guess this more depends on ehat you consider a cutscene, but still Im confused.

>Gladion and the "beast killer" Type Null serve no purpose at all.
except for him being the pseudo-rival with a "legendary" directly related to the whole Lusamine plotline?

>Even Looker this time around doesnt arrest anyone and all the bad guys just move on
ok? does he need to arrest people?

>BUT LILLIE CAN CROSS THE BRIDGE NOW IN HER Z POWERED FORM AND SHE DECIDED TO BECOME A TRAINER LIKE 95% PEOPLE IN POKEMON UNIVERSE. WHAT A DEVELOPMENT!!!
retake high school english desu

other than that I agree. SM are great but there are some serious flaws. I think that if GF makes a third version that adresses some of the problems than it will easily be the best Pokemon game we've ever had.
>>
+1 upvote
>>
>>31599364
>and then everyone went le just inject them :^) while the single player stayed guttered out of content
>gamefreak should've learned from sega to never, ever listen to the fans

You say that like Game Freak can't give us the tools to make breeding easier and also give us a decent single player campaign.
>>
>>31600605
>>"EVERYTHING has to appeal to MY taste otherwise it's bad!"
>
>Nice blog post, faggot.

No shit you retard. That's how you determine whether something is good or not. By using YOUR own personal tastes. Doing anything else is just lying to yourself.

>>31600661
>a sidequest.

The UB hunt is dogshit, nothing but repetitive garbage.
>>
It was the hype I had before the release that made me pirate the leaked versions.
It were the games that kept me from actually buying physical copies for my collection after the release.

Fuck Sun and Moon. Long live Pokémon.
>>
i am a poorfag and i pirated all main pokemon games
>>
The worst thing about this is how special this release was shaping to look like

>20th annivesary game
>After 2 year break
>After skipping Z/Kalos 2 to make this one
>3rd set of games on the 3ds so GF should have no technical problems

And its still so weak.

But they even stated they dont listen to fans opinions so what im a talking about...
>>
>>31600661
>it has two battle facilities and a sidequest. I dont see how that's "short and empty".
Yes it is, these are endless minigame.
FRLG has a postgame
GSC - HGSS have a postgame
BW2 has a postgame
All the other games lack of postgame.

>you kind of have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
They tried and they saw that the most sold game ever has this kind of story. They will keep in this direction, trust me.

>ok? does he need to arrest people?
Well you are not wrong but he is an international cop and literally does nothing than left all the "dirty job" to a 10 y-o kiddo.

not the same anon you responded to. Not anglo-speaker so don't care about grammatical errors
>>
>>31598357
Nice blog faggot
>>
>>31599088
seriously, i was scared for awhile with how easy people were just dealing with GF's BS
>>
>>31598675
you still go through the island challenge, retard
>>
>>31602398
Yes, Poni has really nice "challenge".
>>
>>31602420
poni is a small and a rural island though
besides the post e4 route is actually challenging
>>
>>31598357
>Alola forms are less than 20, only Kanto and half of them are jokes
>Z-moves
How are these negatives?
>>
>>31601873
>But they even stated they dont listen to fans opinions so what im a talking about...

Source?
>>
Nice blog OP I'm sure it's different from the other 5 gazillion "rant" threads while you nitpick and overblow flaws

We get it, it's rushed and got angry you didn't get 50 million shit given to you by hand

But stop pretending that all the good things don't point at a positive future faggot
>>
>>31598357

>Story was focused on Lillie and Hau

And?

Your going to pretend Gen 5's entire story wasn't about N?
>>
>>31603522
>But stop pretending that all the good things don't point at a positive future faggot
Every fucking game has good things aand yet we're going downhill for a while now faggot
>>
>>31598362
>>31598357

What exactly do you want in terms of story?

Your character is never going to do shit

Ever

The games rely on others

And SM focuses on multiple people with the focus on helping Lillie figure out shit with Cosmog

You also have Gladion and Hau

As well as everybody else who has more personality like the Kahuna's

The world itself is the story and is by far the most expressive game in the series
>>
>>31603598
>The world itself is the story and is by far the most expressive game in the series

Are you baiting? The story isnt even half as interestting as BW oor BW2. Hau is just a cheering squad, Gladion and his Type Null are pointless in the game, his working for team Skull makes no sense whatsoever.

Even Platinum makes a much better story and doesnt even need thousand of cutscenes: it has a gameplay to offer. Something SM cant really offer that much
>>
>>31598357
>>31598362
I can agree about the story, at times it felt it was getting on the way too much.

Also the removal of PSS, doing online stuff is still simple but with PSS it was even simpler than the retarded plaza.
>>
>>31603672

The difference is the point of focus

Alola has nearly everybody be expressive and part of the challenge

BW/BW2 only focuses on 2 Fucking people that ever changes

Colress and N

Everybody else is treated like a regular NPC

Wow the gym leaders showed up, that's it
>>
>>31603672

>it had gameplay to offer. Something SM can't really offer that much

If your a little bitch who speed ran through the game and pretending there wasn't anything
>>
>>31603745
Bianca and Cheren change.
>>
I can't agree with story complaints, Alola as a region contains a story with everybody being part of a big picture regarding Island challenge

It's nice having everybody in on it on some form, even tourists.The characters are all expressive

The only time the story felt fucked at all making it annoying was be fact that your own character is doing fucking nothing

Otherwise everybody else makes shit interesting and I hate when people ignore this just so they can talk shit about not liking Lillie
You don't like the story that's fine
You don't like Lillie, that's fine

But to talk shit as if the world isn't alive and expressive is a sin

Is the game rushed? Absolutely, and the game is definitely more linear, but you can't deny that the personality of these games were charming the reason you were able to go through it all.
>>
>>31603816

Barely, It's the same old rival shit with Cheren

Bianca was interesting but you still crush her dreams

Their development in BW2 was interesting but only show up once
>>
>>31600002
One of the greatest complain for these games ever was the lack of story but now that there's one they're shoving it down your pie hole. This fan base is truly insufferable
>>
>>31603849
Eh, Alola as a region didn't give me a sense of no idea how to word it "massiveness", like it felt too sparse, unlike Kalos being as generic as it was.
>>
>>31604158
It was horribly paced.
>>
holy shit, this S/M defense squad is very surprising to me

the game is comfy as fuck but then it's also an incomplete piece of shit

>they didn't even give us a Hall Of Fame
>>
>>31598794

What an absolute waste of resources.

I'm still mad. And it still lags a shitload, even when you overclock your n3DS.
>>
I've defended XY before, but this S&M shilling is next level. I enjoyed my play through of the game, however I have absolutely zero motivation to continue on with the post game. I'm clocked in at 55 hours currently, which is my lowest number for a Pokemon game yet. I truly thought that Gen 6 was a momentary setback; yet S&M come around and the exact same faults are still there. Knowing that these games had amazing sales points to a dark future for upcoming games. I was so incredibly excited for these titles too...
>>
>>31609149
>defended XY
Then you're a part of the problem. XY are the worst Pokemon games that have yet to have remakes, except maybe DP. MAYBE.
>>
>>31598517

I don't blame you and feel the same way. I have never once disliked a pokemon game until Sun/Moon, I even found X/Y fairly fun, but holy shit they CUT content instead of adding it.
Battle types, National Dex, the PSS system replaced with a shitty plaza. Like, I could get no Battle Frontier. Really. I didn't find that good postgame anyway because apparently I was just better at doing it than other people and got gold. I can see why people would be disappointed, however, as it's cut content. Looking at sun/moon on the flipside shows are losing core things the series is known for.

It makes me sad, really, that this game stripped so many things I liked and people are still trying to claim it's the best ever.
>>
>>31600002
>GF decided to remove any sense of adventure and exploration with this title for the sake of shoving plot down the player's throat.

Thank you. Between saying NO NATIONAL DEX FOR YOU, making a small region so it fits on the 3DS, and forcing Lillie it just seems so...empty.
>>
>>31603745
>Alola has nearly everybody be expressive and part of the challenge
So did BW and they even made them be part of the whole story rather than being a random captain that brinhs nothing to the overall story
>>
>SM's plot is Lillie and her development
I bet you think Gen5 a.k.a. LITERALLY N THE GAMES is fucking great.
It's not like Gen 6 is about you (or anybody, for that fucking matter) anyway. If SM isn't about your trials, then no game is about the gym challenge either.

What a bunch of cunts. Lillie wasn't bad, the post game and hundred cutscenes were, like it has been for a while now. FRLG, Emerald, Platinum and HGSS are the only games with a postgame anyway. A couple towns with nothing to do in Gen 5 arent.
>>
>>31610879
>LITERALLY N THE GAMES

The player and N have pretty much equal billing.
>>
SM had so much potential, still decent games and a good 20th anni celebration.

Would of been amazing to travel back to Kalos, making Gen 7 do what Gen 2 did so many years ago, Kalos could had its time to shine and made interesting and fix the shit that they didn't do in the original gen 6 games. Exploring Couriway town and see where the train station would go to, Lysandre, AZ, etc.

Zygarde got cucked so hard in terms of lore in this game and gameplay, I'll admit that the quest is nice, but what we get is poorly implemented and gimmicky as hell aka how Zygarde's perfect form is implemented into SM. Feels rushed and "just there", which isn't good, especially with all the story potential Zygarde had. How the fuck is Perfect Zygarde supposed to stop Xerneas without Aura Break, it won't be at full health after changing form and is most likely OHKO'ed before it gets to change form at all lol, in a sad way.

Not that SM are bad games, but Game Freak are far too stubborn when it comes to their vision and not listening to some wishes/critics from fans.
>>
Don't take issues with most of your complaints but level design is an all-time fucking low and extremely dissapointing when you'd think having a guide marker and map with Rotomdex would allow them to make a more intricate overworld as anyone who just wants to proceed with the story or who gets lost easily can just follow Rotomdex's advice

I also take issue with how the story revolves more around Lillie instead of being about the player's adventure, but the generally awful level design is a bigger issue because one of the main reasons I love Pokemon is for the overworld which usually have a style I love and don't see much elsewhere
>>
>>31610879
N appeared in BW seven times: Accumula town, Nacrene city Nimbasa, Chargestone cave, Mistralton, Dragonspiral tower, and the final at the league

Lillie appears several times on each island and the Aether paradise.

Besides its not that Lillie is bad, it sucks because the whole meat of the story, lore et is put aside and the main focus is someone with a role which in the past was the insecure rival (Wally, Shauna, Bianca) but this time around you dont even battle the person. And the person doesnt even holds any big weight as ussual the key characters did (see Silver, N, AZ, Zinnia or even Colress)
>>
>>31611152
So it's just about screentime? Lillie had more screentime than N, thus she overshadowed you? As far as the story goes, they're both equally important.
>>
>>31611152
>N appeared in BW seven times and he battles you
And that is why he's a worse character. His "personality" begins and ends with Pokemon, and the few times he could've had to show more personality, he wasted those on battles.

Personally, I like seeing characters like Hau and Lillie interact with others than pretending to have a conversation with a silent protagonist. If you prefer the latter, SM probably does suck for you.
>>
>>31611163
No its about that Lillie does nothing interesting apart from stealing Cosmog. Everything else is just her going around and talking the same stuff over and over again ("get back into the bag", "i want to find nebbys home", "i cant do anything on my own") and her whole development is that she decides she wants to become a trainer which is soomething that everybody does in the Pokemon universe anyway.

Even Gladion seems more interesting than her, in fact a lot more interesting but he gets shafted each time he appears
>>
>>31611180
Oh i see, i guess we need more Pokemon games without battles then, maybe they will be great then
>>
>>31611152
Her own mother don't wan't her.
That's quite a thing.
>>
>>31611199
That's the thing though, SM was more focused on battles than the last few games we got. The message Pokemon usually has is about how fun Pokemon are, and how you can be anything you want to be with them. This time, it was all about battles. No contests or any other side gimmick, no dancers, no one giving up on training. Even the Professor studies attacks, something directly battles, and is a battler himself who acts as the Champion for you.
>>
>>31611220
Her own mother was crazy because of and Ultra Beast and they made up at the end

Besides the whole thing with going to alternate universe (which is a single corridor) only so that Lillie can say to her mother that she was mean is pretty retarded anyway. Not to mention our best friend happy Hau doesnt go with us and Lillie's brother also chickens out to "take caare of things at Aether" so we're left just with a person who cant even fight at all

Good plot
>>
>>31611229
>SM was more focused on battles than the last few games we got
Every game since Johto, not just the last few. Sinnoh was pretty focused on battles too, but still not as much as SM.
>>
>>31611266
>>31611229
EVERY Pokemon game is mainly focused on battles and every also provides side activity.

SM also gives you Pokefinder, customization, amie, plaza, pelago so its not all battling. Are you dumb?
>>
>>31611280
Not that anon but
>Pokefinder
Can barely do anything with it.
>Customization
Have nothing to do with pokemon
>amie
You mean refresh which doesn't even have minigames
>Plaza
Cancer
>pelago
You do literally nothing, Mohn and the pokemon themselves do the work.
>>
>S/M has no extra features
>Even removes a bunch of battle modes
>It's to focus on battles, guys!
kek

even the hall of fame, guys
>>
I said it before and I will say it again, they need to let a third party developer make a spin-off game that tries something new. Pokemon is a good concept that is mostly stagnant because the developers literally don't have to try to make a good game because their brand sells on name alone. As far as I know, this is the only developer allowed to be lazy and people will defend them against criticism because the fanbase is just so indoctrinated.
>>
>>31598357
sooner have no story than sumos
>>
>>31611366
they do this shit all the time though.
>>
>>31611366
Bethesda games. They release one bugfest clusterfuck after another, nerds still jizz into their pants every single time...
>>
File: 1475674653116.png (29KB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1475674653116.png
29KB, 270x188px
>>31611366
No one except for GF can handle Pokemon. They're not the best with technicalities, but no one except them can make Pokemon as fun as it is. In the end, Pokemon is just another turn based monster taming RPG. If anyone else handled it, it'd become just another turn based RPG, losing all its charm.
>>
File: Pokémon_Colosseum_Coverart.png (180KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Colosseum_Coverart.png
180KB, 256x363px
>>31611464
>No one except for GF can handle Pokemon.
>inb4 "B-But that game was shit!"
>>
>>31611402
Because they either want to fuck alien waifus or they cling to Bethesda for being so "progressive" with diversity.
>>
>>31611490
Yeah, it was shit, compared to the main series.
>>
>>31611511
That's not an argument you apologist cuckold.
>>
>>31611464
dude what charm are you talking about? half of the reason people still play pokemon is because it never changes and they are addicted to nostalgia? they fuck this fanbase over all the fucking time and you just take it up the ass like the faggots you are. i don't get it. masuda plays you guys all the time and you just whine about it because you know how fucking powerless you are to stop him. i don't know any fanbase as lacking of a backbone like the pokemon fandom. at least the autistic steven universe fans go fucking insane if the writers do something they don't like but you just sit there and continue to suck cock.
>>
>>31611545
Even if I, along with milions, are just being blinded by nostalgia, we enjoy it. Name one other company that has managed to do something similar, and can handle Pokemon. You can't.
>>
>>31611490
Genius Soronity > Game Freak

Where does Tecmo Koei fit in here?
>>
>>31611555
I give up. I can't argue with a Nintendrone. Have fun.
>>
>>31611610
>lose argument
>better start using buzzwords
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.