[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the confusion nerf a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Confused penguin.gif (969KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
Confused penguin.gif
969KB, 500x309px
Was the confusion nerf a mistake?
>>
>>31594711
Yes
>>
>>31594711
Yes.
But para and burn nerfs were fine.
>>
>>31594711
no and anyone who says otherwise is an autist.
>>
>>31594711
>>31594854
Explain?
>>
yes, anything that reduces the amount that rng determines the outcome of a match is a good thing
>>
>>31594987

meant to say no lol(laugh out loud)
>>
>>31594944
Same. I know about the paralysis nerf, but how were confusion and burn nerfed?
>>
>>31595028
Chance to damage yourself when confused is 33% now, down from 50%. Burn does less damage.
>>
Swagger is pretty useless now along with most confusing status moves
>>
>>31595286
Fine during main gameplay, but should still be 50% online.
>>
ITT: "yes" shitters who need a coinflip to bail them out of their shitty plays, actually probably multiple flips in a row since /vp/ is immensely bad at Pokemon so by the time they have to turn the game into multiple 50-50s they're wayyy behind in trading
>>
>>31596234
imagine being this mad
>>
>>31596118
>but should still be 50% online.
t. shitter that can't play and relies on dice rolls
>>
>>31595719
No it's not.
Tapu Fini+Swagger=free fast Swords Dance. And of course Foul Play still works.

But running paraflinch strats are basically not as good as running OHKO strats anymore.

>>31594987
The RNG isn't a problem. It's only a problem when you only play a few games at a time. Law of Large Numbers dictates you'll have a fair result. This is why League play is superior to Swiss for Pokemon.
>>
>>31596234

ahahaha you wouldn't enjoy a second of Duel
>>
>>31595286
when/where was the confusion thing discovered?
>>
>>31594711
>>31594731
>>31594854

Everyone in this thread, who does not like the confusion nerf is a wolfpack fag
>>
>>31594854
>-50% speed now
>-10% acc on thunderwave

Is there a flinch rate decrease too?
>>
>>31599104
wtf is wolfpack
>>31599118
yes, same as confusion.
>>
No, swagger was too good and prankster+swagger+thunderwave pretty much ment whatever got hit with that combo was useless.
>>
Was the confusion nerf ever even confirmed? I'm pretty sure it's still 50% on Showdown.
>>
>>31599331
It was confirmed months ago.
>>
>>31599373
source?
>>
>>31599104
When did verlis say shit about confusion
>>
I ran a bulky Lopunny with Fake Out, Drain Punch, Encore and Teeter Dance in VGC 2015.

The plan was to click Fake Out and Belly Drum with Azumarill turn 1 and turn 2, I protect and Teeter Dance. Now my opponents had to worry about a +6 Aqua jet one-hitting everything, while their entire team was confused.

With this nerf, Lopunny will never ever see VGC ever again.
>>
>>31599455
datamine
>>
>>31599455
the actual fucking game you idiot.
>>
File: -.jpg (105KB, 792x713px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
105KB, 792x713px
Filthy casual here. Started with Yellow and only played the first 3 gens and their remakes. and now SunMoon is the first game I'm actually putting any effort in after the Elite4

What's wrong with Freeze?

on Battle Tree, everytime i freeze someone they thaw out in the exact same turn they are frozen. but if they freeze me, it never wears off.
Is it the same for every other battle mode etc?
>>
>>31599598
>Battle Tree

Let me put it this way. If Pokemon was a dice-based RPG, Battle Tree would give your opponents +10 and you -5 on every roll.
>>
>>31599598
The AI cheats.
>>
The only mistake was that it took seven generations and 20 years to arrive.
>>
>>31599598
The battle tree will try to shift RNG in it's favor as much as it can.

Meaning that Battle Tree forces you to be safe and take no risks. (Run Low Kick instead of High Jump Kick and Flamethrower over Heat Wave).
>>
>>31599598
Using a fire move causes the frozen pokemon to be thawed and can attack on the same turn
other than that its just Tree having +20 on the dice roll
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.