[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a Toxapex set that use Merciless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1483659081600.jpg (110KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483659081600.jpg
110KB, 1000x1000px
Is there a Toxapex set that use Merciless?
>>
>>31593348
No
>>
>>31593348
Don't bother, anon. It's SpA is too low for it to ever matter. Stick with Regenerator.
>>
>>31593348
It's your Pokemon, build em how you want gurl.
>>
Merciless Toxapex is a shitty meme and people that unironically run one are the legitimate definiton of a Scrub.

That is: a person that uses inferior techniques while knowing they are inferior and refuses to improve.
>>
>>31593650
it can be a fun showderp set to be t b h
>>
>>31593370
Pretty much this
now if it's competitively viable is a whole other story but for the most part just do you m8 nobody truly cares in the end
>>
>>31593348
Regenerator IS better, but I use Merciless right now because a) I don't (can't) inject and b) I cannot be assed to chain for an HA mareanie right now are you kidding me

Give it venoshock and set up toxic spikes, give it recover and then either liquidation if you feel like you need offense or baneful bunker to get off more poison and stall longer. It isn't the best set but I've still won a few battles with it. Besides if you aren't really competitive then it's fun to play with sets that are a bit different.

But above all >>31593370 just have fun with your sadistic starfish my friend
>>
>>31594003
You can easily get one from the GTS or just wonder trading.
>>
>>31593348
Maybe if you're trying specifically to counter poison heal. Luckily, gliscor is weak to water, and shroomish/breloom is weak to poison attacks, so venoshock would hit them super hard.

Aside from that small niche, I can find little practical use for it. Maybe you're doing it for surprise value? They expect a stall, and you surprise them with a wall breaker. But even that still seems shitty. Maybe you're down to your last mon, and don't have time for toxic to work it's magic, so you use baneful bunker for free poison, then finish it off with venoshock? Again, very niche, and near impossible to set up without your opponent helping you.
>>
>>31593348
Merciless Toxapex doesn't spread toxic by itself, since it takes too long. It needs to be setup. I recommend Nihilego. Set Toxic Spikes as a lead.

venoshock
recover
scald
baneful bunker

is the moveset I use for merciless

>>31594165
cant check hidden ability on GTS, and saying to get HA Toxapex through Wonder Trade is like saying you should pay off a gambling debt from penny slot winnings.
>>
>>31594003
>can't inject
How? Soundhax can be done by anybody.
>>
>>31593348

Yeah, there is. Is it worse than a Regenerator set? Obviously. Healing 30% on switching on a Pokemon with god-tier mixed defensive stats is unbelievable. Toxapex is a top-tier switch in who can stomach almost any non psychic/ground move for less than 30% effectively nullifying the opponent's move.

Merciless is a really cool ability and very thematic, but requires more set up and doesn't pay off enough.

You have to poison the enemy, automatically dedicating one of your moveslots to Toxic/Toxic Spikes/Baneful Bunker, which go in descending order of reliability, and inverse in utility. Toxapex's attacking stats are so atrocious that even guaranteed critical hit poison-boosted Venoshocks don't hit that hard. Perhaps if this was before the critical strike nerf back in gen 5 Merciless would have more of an impact.
>>
Crits are only +50% damage in SM. Not worth it

Maybe if they were still double damage people would bother
>>
I've tinkered with the idea as a thought experiment.
I think your best bet is trying to get the poison set up and damage in the same move. So Poison Jab becomes your primary attack move. Liquidation or Scald then becomes an obvious second choice for slowly beating Steels and Poisons. Then run Recover for obvious reasons and either Protect to stall small poison and burn damage and recover on Black Sludge or run Haze if you are concerned about something setting up on you. It could be cute but probably about as far from consistent as possible.
>>
>>31596393
The idea of Infestation, Merciless and Venom Drench also tickles me but that seems like it would be impossible to pull off well.
>>
>>31596409
I'm not sure Merciless would really do much in that situation, though.
>>
>>31595018
If you're still here I can give you one a HA Mareanie with egg moves and at least a few good IVs. I'm MMing them right now.
>>
>>31596424
Good point. On further thought, @Red Card Infestation, Toxic, Recover, Haze might be deliciously trolly and could come back to fuck shit over with Regenerator later.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.