[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola Friendly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

It's over edition.

Discuss teams, tapus of healthy meta (and garchomp), and miscellaneous anecdotes.
Brag about your w/l ratio and compare e-peens by posting your rank and amount of battles completed.
Rank and results aren't available on the Global Link yet, but you can view your battle history on your profile page.
>>
This being my first competition, I didn't think I did that bad. I managed to reach 1550, and stay around there for a while before having a terrible lose streak.
With a total of 30 battles I scored myself 14 wins and 16 losses, placing me somewhere mid-1.4k.
I honestly had expected to fall below 1.4k.
>>
Started out weak in the mid 1400s, but I finished with just above 1600. Definitely could've done better with team building, had a lot of trouble with certain Pokemon (Lele and Porygon2 mainly). I knew there were problems going in though, so I'm not disappointed.

W/L was 24 wins / 16 losses. Decided not to do any more matches because I didn't want to risk falling below 1600.

This was definitely my favorite match, really enjoyed using Comfey.

CTEG-WWWW-WWW4-VXCB
>>
I only got to 1550 or so, but I also only played 15 matches. I did really well leading with Marowak since it has such good coverage moves and a great defensive typing, plus Lightning Rod. I cleaned up with my Cloyster, and whenever I got an SS out it was over. I only lost three or four matches out of those. Overall fun, I'll be excited for more interesting rules and prizes.
>>
I completely forgot about this, and I had signed up. meh. I'll check the stats when they're out and will start building a team, because I assume my pre-bank team that got me 1700 on the previous competition will be worthless
>>
didn't play much since i had limited options for a team contenders (4/6 had to be kek, lel, nihilego and pheromosa, none of whom i was experienced with), but i guess i did alright. i tend to care more about my win/loss count than my rating

one of my last battles was against someone who only had rowlet, litten and popplio. no idea what that was all about
>>
>>31592619
I don't think the stats for this competition will be very useful considering how next competitions will feature the full dex.
>>
I only got time to play 10, won 7. I got bored of the meta right away
>>
Ended with 22 wins and 10 losses. Stopped playing because I wanted to stay above 1.6k.

I used a red card mimikyu and had a lot of wins with it but it fucked me over in some battles.
>>
>>31592680
oh fuck, I thought this competition allowed non-alola mons. Clearly I'm retarded
>>
>opponent leads with koko
>swap my scizor to garchomp
>tapu koko unleashes its full force Z-move
>it doesn't affect garchomp
>the match was forfeited
>>
I want a tournament where there's a limit to base stats, like only under 500 BST allowed
le tapus and le ultra beasts was retarded
>>
File: ffc.gif (850KB, 216x134px) Image search: [Google]
ffc.gif
850KB, 216x134px
Hit 1680, W/L 23/7
Tapu Koko strong AF, was running HP Ice instead of Fire for guaranteed against Garchomp, probably got sets solely for the surprise factor in it. Was really enjoying my set.
Also Unaware Stalling Pyukumuku, fully invested in SpDef, was a treat to curse with.
Ran a meme D Dance D Tail SpDef Bulky Kommo-o and took 3 of 5 sets tried with it. Definitely niche use but good. Swapped it in with Lele sacrifices for Psychic Terrain.
Shoutouts to the 9 newbies I faced at the very end who basically spoon-fed me my last matches.
Also Anchorman was fun to play with. I lost 4/6 games tried with it, but I feel it definitely could work.
I don't think this friendly really reflected my skill, I think I should've been around 1560-1600 if I'd gotten more serious battles.
>>
>>31592843
didn't scarfchomps fuck your koko over?
>>
>>31592497
>only paralized the first turn
>survived a poison jab
Got some real luck there man.

As for me, my favourite battle would be that one where I managed to set up my araquanid correctly, and it was my only mon left vs the opponent's 3 and I managed to win by infestation/leech life stall. Unfortunately I forgot to record it.
>>
how do you get the BP?
>>
>>31592875
(I may have been running a scarf Koko myself)
>>
>>31592896
Wait a day, it'll be mystery gifted with a code.
>>
>>31592918
you cheeky cunt
>>
File: no bueno.png (390KB, 400x518px) Image search: [Google]
no bueno.png
390KB, 400x518px
>>31592093
This was my first competition. I did alright for a while at the beginning, ending the first day with a Win:Loss of 4:3. Then the cracks in my non-singles-oriented team started to show as I repeatedly got swept by Kartanas and found myself intensely disappointed that I hadn't waited a little bit until my Arcanine was trained before locking my team. At then end I found myself with a much less decent W:L of I believe 6:7 and then I realized that the competition was already over.
My team was clearly doubles-oriented, where in ranked I have a W:L this season of 9:4 (which is much nicer) so I'll post the members:
>Pelipper
>Tapu Koko
>Pheromosa
>Silvally
>Tapu Bulu
>Minior (only for this comp, now switched for my Gen 6 Garchomp)

I never ended up using Pelipper or Tapu Bulu, and I lost multiple times solely because of RNG misses (High Jump Kick missing and breaking my Pheromosa's sash, etc)
I'm not too happy with how I played but I should expect it from a doubles team in singles.

I did leave with a replay where something popped up in the middle and the battle timer's selection of the first move swept for me:

BJAG-WWWW-WWW4-V2WN
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.