[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about Iv/Ev training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1f5.jpg (29KB, 641x566px) Image search: [Google]
1f5.jpg
29KB, 641x566px
I'm a total starter at it, but my dilemma is that I want to evolve some pokemins through regular means, then train them properly later. Would they still be able to reach their max potential?

And does hyper training help at all? I have so many lvl 100s and I don't want to ruin them, seeing as I don't know how it works.
>>
>Would they still be able to reach their max potential?
Yes, but ONLY if
>they have the correct nature to start with
>they have the correct ability to start with
>they have any egg moves / tutor moves / past generation moves that they need for their best sets to start with

you can do EVs and IVs later
>>
>>31588127

In terms of EVs and IVs when you evolve a Pokémon literally does not matter at all. Evolve them now if you want.
>>
You can EV things at whatever level you want with no repercussions.
>>
hyper training lets you max a pokemon's IVs so that their IVs are perfect. so yes, it does help. it entirely negates the need to worry about IVs if you don't want to, but you need to use bottlecaps which aren't that easy to get
>>
>>31588127
every time your pokemon is in a battle, or even in your team while you are battling (with experience share) it gets EV points

you can reset them all by feeding the pokemon berries (pomeg, kelpsy, qualot, hondew, grepa, tamato)

IVs are set when the pokemon is born, you can improve them at level 100 with hyper training
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
So many helpful answers, thanks /vp/!
>>
>>31588127
So the main thing is like, whenever you defeat a mon with your own, the mon you used gains 1-3 EVs in a certain stat (depends on the mon you beat). So if you level up a mon normally, he'll have EVs you probably don't want. Use the EV-deleting berries, then train.

Easiest way- Breed til you have the right IVs, EV train at level 1, then level up
>>
>>31588157
>they have the correct ability to start with
fixable unless HA
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.