[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 7 hate is kinda unwarranted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_4537.jpg (805KB, 1194x1373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4537.jpg
805KB, 1194x1373px
Why is there so much hate on gen 7
Honestly I thought the games were pretty great
Better than or/as and x/y by a long shot
So why do I see so much needless hate over stuff that really doesn't matter? Do you really need to rage so much over them removing the national dex, an overall unimportant feature?
And while the post game wasn't the most robust thing we've ever had, it was a hell of a lot better than all the other postgames on the 3ds.
Idk, just my opinion lmao
>>
>>31581501
because everyone on this site is an entitled man child who wont ever be happy.
>>
>>31581501
Because they took the best features of last gen and removed them and overall downgraded the online system.

>no super training
>no blissy bases
>reseting ev's is is a massive time consuming pain in the ass
>tapu the meta
>trainer customization worse than XY
>removing a good chunk of the megas

The list goes on.
>>
File: BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png (144KB, 1919x492px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO BTFO.png
144KB, 1919x492px
>>31581501
>unwarranted
Only if you're a NoA employee.

>>31581716
This. There is nothing positive about SuMo.
>>
ORAS objectively had far more to do in postgame than SM, SM postgame is a bit better than XY.

Personally I don't care about all that, I care about the main adventure, and while SM had more difficulty, the actual region of Alola was even worse than Kalos and miles behind Hoenn. There're no notable landmarks or architecture unlike Kalos, and the region has no aptitude for exploration unlike Hoenn. Awful dungeons too, the only real one was Vast Poni Canyon, and pretty much any XY and most ORAS dungeons shit all over it. The Pokemon spread was pretty weak too compared to all three prior games, the same amount can be found as in BW2, but BW2 has a much more interesting and likable spread.

Also, the menus are very choppy compared to Gen VI, which is astounding. Seriously, go play both side-by-side or at least back-to-back, do things like drag Pokemon around in the Pokemon menu with the touch screen or simply change pages in the PC, it's unbelievable how bad it feels. This is pretty minor and not worldshattering but it's something that I just don't understand at all. That and some lighting engine changes make the cel-shaded effect not work as well in battle as it did in Gen VI. Things that were prior smooth curves like the artwork now look more blocky.
>>
>>31581716
the only flaw you listed was the lack of Super Training desu
>>
>>31581716
>no super training
Yeah, instead you can quite literally sleep while ev training
>no blissy bases
This is a loss desu
I personally found resetting evs really hard in oras, but maybe I just got unlucky with my bag drops
>tapu the meta
As opposed to talonflame the meta
>trainer customization worse than XY
Still got hair color, and a good selection of clothing (including actual male stuff)
>removing a good chunk of the megas
I believe they will add these later, considering you can see them in the battle royale dome. However, right now that is a valid point
>>
>>31581501
People like to critique something they know could be better

One of the better first entries into the series thiugh
>>
>>31581716
how? I have 200 of each berry since berry farming is so braindead easy now
>>
>>31581756
Everything on the list is flaws dude.

>>31581766
>I found reseting ev's hard in oras.
So literally clicking on a bag for 2-3 minutes is too much work for you?

Super training follows hand and hand with reseting ev's. let's plant a berry then wait 2 fucking days so we can get a few more than do it over and over till I can reset one stat.
>>
>>31581750
How could SuMo be so awful bros? It's like Pokemon's very own Sonic 06. Nobody on /v/ or /vp/ likes it.
>>
>>31581817
Compare 2-5 minutes to 2 days.
>>
>>31581501
Because 80% of vp had their expectations waaay up the roof, so ofcourse when they didn't get all of what they wanted mostly a PWT, which i don't care, they started shitting over the game.

Also because hardcore players will never be happy
>>
>>31581766
The male options are worse in SM than they were in XY. The only thing SM does better for the boy or girl is color selection, which funny enough was the biggest problem with customization in XY, the actual variety in style was way better. Now while SM has almost any color you'd want, even if it takes fucking with the awful Festival Plaza, the variety in actual clothing style is trash.
>>
>>31581501
Competitive players hate it for different reasons, but as a game it's much more fun than replaying XY and playing ORAS at all. I couldn't bring myself to finish ORAS and haven't even picked it up in 2 years but I couldn't stop playing SM.
>>
>>31581501
Is this the worst generation of pokemon ever

i can't wait to leave the 3ds behind. nothing but bad memories. everything before it was great to perfection.
>>
>>31581501
Gen 7 hate is actually more warranted than Gen 6; while both of them suck Gen 7 had far more to live up to due to being the 20th anniversary games, the first games since 2008 to come out after a year without a game, and the games where it all was supposed to come together.
>>
>>31581750
I live in Hawaii and they've done a damn good job of translating it into a poke region imo. The landmarks are the cities themselves, you kind of have to live here to know.
>>
>>31581883
That doesn't really matter though, if the world was created with realism in mind over video game level design then that's just another point on the list of faults for SM.
>>
>>31581501
This happens every gen, real opinions will trickle out at about halfway through the next installments life span.
>>
>31581938
(you)
>>
I couldn't even get into X and Y. I lost interest so fast. Moon is the first pokemon game in forever I've been able to actually enjoy. I don't get it either.
>>
>>31581938
Are you serious right now
>>
Dont worry, its like 9 shitposters who spend their whole day shitting on S/M. Dont pay them attention, multiple polls show that /vp/ likes it and is in the top pokemon games. Critics and Normies also seem to love it. Some here are just bitter
>>
>>31581982
That's good to know.
>>
>>31581716
>>tapu the meta
Gee its almost like legendaries arent supposed to be used in standard versus
>>
File: Bell Tower floor 5.png (20KB, 384x352px) Image search: [Google]
Bell Tower floor 5.png
20KB, 384x352px
>>31581980
Yes, very. Is there anywhere in SM not on Poni Island where the term "level design" can even apply? Because everything sure seems streamlined and insubstantial to me.
>>
>>31581998
idk. I really liked the islands and found gameplay to be fun and relaxing.
>>
>>31581982
The guy who spews the "Sonic 06 of Pokemon" shit is a blatant shitposter, as anyone who has actually played Sonic 06 would be able to tell SM is not even in the same universe as the sort of trainwreck Sonic 06 is for better or worse, but some people are genuinely unsatisfied with SM, and some even less than XY, because people have their own priorities or standards in what makes a game good or bad to them.
>>
File: 1490348209.gif (726KB, 649x358px) Image search: [Google]
1490348209.gif
726KB, 649x358px
>>31581501
My only issues with it are the lack of a full-on Battle Frontier (which none of the first two games in a Gen ever have), the lack of any fast way to grind for exp, the shitty options for shiny hunting (seriously, Gen 6 has FS, Dexnav, Hordes, Masuda, Chain Fishing, PokeRadar, and Soft Resetting for almost every legendary and Gen 7 only has SOS encounters which suck, Masuda, and Soft Resetting for one thing, the rest being locked) and a lot of megas getting the boot. That being said, the mega issue will probably be solved considering all those missing megas exist in-game (NPCs use them in the Battle Tree and Battle Royals) and grinding for Exp. isn't that bad anyway, I was just spoiled by Blissey Bases.
TL;DR my only lasting issue with Gen 7 is shitty shiny hunting options.
>>
>>31581990
tapus are sublegends
>>
>>31581738
>That picture
BTFO my ass. That's literally "My opinion is objectively correct" the post

There's only maybe two points in that entire thing that are objectively a downgrade. And those are the worse customization (for male characters at least, females have a shit ton), and victory road not existing. I was going to agree that having the ride music for an item finder is retarded, but as long as someone somewhere doesn't mind it, it's retarded to say it's a bad thing.

also
>There's too much cutscene padding wtf
>You just encounter the Tapus and UBs without a cutscene like every other legendary group in every other game wtf
>>
>>31581501

Because /vp/ is autistic and will continue to be ungrateful and filled with hate for the shittiest reasons imaginable.
>>
>>31581501
Contrarianism has been fucking rampant in 4chan since it's implementation, what did you expect?

Oh also not a hive mind yadda yadda yadda
>>
>>31581838
Plant six of the same ev reducing berries and replant them. Done. You're set for life.
>>
>>31581998
Really it seems to be with Gamefreak that they can never strike a happy balance between exploration and story. Where the exploration is great, the story lacks, and where the story is great (for Pokemon), the exploration is pretty restricted

Platinum and BW2 have the best balance, but BW2 I'm not sure if it's because it had good exploration or just a shit ton of stuff to do to the point that I don't notice the lack of exploration, and Platinum (and Sinnoh in general) have god awful engines and whoever decided the order to go through the games and all that had to have been drunk. Hell, the main reason why the shortcuts in OrAs don't bother me is because of the chance that they'll come back in DPPt remakes, and those games really fucking need a "Skip going through this area for the third or fourth time and fuck Mt Coronet"

...I think all those runs of Gen 4 got under my skin more than I realized
>>
>>31581501
I prefer the chibi models at least they don't look soulless and don't walk like robots.
>>
>>31582076
Sooo, theyre Legendaries.
>>
>>31582163
I really don't think they need to strike a happy balance. Pokémon was never about narrative (at least not until BW) but they can combine exploration with storytelling through optional lore like in Cinnabar Mansion and Sea Mauville.

Narrative should not be a selling point for Pokémon.
>>
>>31581501
Just to be clear, SM has been extremely well received by the vast majority. A lot of people even consider it the best game of 2016, topping even FFXV. It mostly gets this hate on /vp/ only, and only that is because of cutscenes, and not having infinite amount of content. Both of which I personally don't care about.
>>
>>31582076
Even pseudo Legendaries are supposed to be cancer.
>>
>>31581501
hey i like it and i hope you like it as much as i do
<3
>>
>>31581501
>Better than or/as

Nope. Better than XY sure, but it isn't even close to being as good as ORAS. And that's because ORAS isn't exactly high quality either.
>>
>>31581501
>Gen 7 hate is unwarranted
>unwarranted
>With all these motherfucking threads on this board telling other people why the game is shit
>>
File: Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg (8KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg
8KB, 185x273px
>>31582096
>Criticism only counts when it's objective

Kek.
>>
>>31581738
>Especially after so many shills were hyping it up
Oh no. You thought that the game would be the second coming of Jesus and it turned out to be just good. How can Game Freak dare doing such a terrible thing to you. They should send you a dedicated apology with a refund
>>
>>31581716
>>no super training
>>no blissy bases
>>reseting ev's is is a massive time consuming pain in the ass
Just inject it :^)
>>
>>31581501
It has Incineroar and Primarina as starters, so Gen 7 deserves all the hate it can get.
>>
Because 4chan is designed for edgy and contrarian faggots who believe liking anything ever should be forbidden
>>
Because no matter what your favorite gen is someone out there hates it and hates you for liking it.
>>
>>31581766
>good selection of clothing
Every single skirt was awful and the coloured dye looked gaudy as shit. Absolutely horrible clothing options.
>>
>>31581501
As a whole, I like gen 7 because it's the closest I will ever get to Pokemon Colosseum / Gale of Darkness again. I like the plot, almost all of the new Pokemon and the customization.

I'm not completely thrilled though. The actual game mechanics took a giant step backwards from gen 6. >horde battles are better than SOS
>the dexnav was better than SOS
>Blisseybases were better than the super kitchens
>Super Training was better than the stupid shops >having the online functions in a menu was way cleaner and less of a clusterfuck than what we have now
>>
>>31584568
Oh and breeding somehow got worse. Instead of holding a button while your bike circles around the island by itself, you actively have to break your c-stick in the autism box now. The daycare itself is also in the worst possible place ever (you have to walk through enemy encounters to get there)

I completely understand people who injected before and do even more so now.
>>
>>31581501
the games still have the problems of ramming cut scenes in literally everywhere. like whats the point of having a cutscene end to have another start after you take 5 steps its like they dont know how to make cut scenes that involve more than one part of an area
>>
File: jhsfd.png (33KB, 559x111px) Image search: [Google]
jhsfd.png
33KB, 559x111px
>>31584613
wow, much cutscenes
>>
Gen 5 is still most hated
>>
>>31581501
>Better than or/as and x/y by a long shot

That's the problem with SM. You're setting the bar way too low to make it look better
>>
>>31584625
this is omitting all the parts where you're locked into a conversation for 5 minutes because hau wants to talk about the malasada shop

they're only the full blown cutscenes

>lying to support your argument
>>
>>31584702
conversations arent cutsecenes and you were talking about cutscenes. Next time express yourself better
>>
File: A Turd is here.jpg (419KB, 1819x985px) Image search: [Google]
A Turd is here.jpg
419KB, 1819x985px
>>31581766
How about NO NATIONAL DEX?

It ticks me off that it just shows the ALOLA Dex and nothing else. Its the First fucking Pokemon Game where it tells you to LEGIT buy their PokeBank for the External Dex.

Not Comfy

At least my Volcaronas from Black/2 can be breed and put on the GTS for Legendaries Like Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus or any of the starters.
>>
>>31584718
actually the guy you replied to wasn't me

you know you were just trying to lie and make the unskippable sections seem like nothing when they're actually highly intrusive, don't be a bitch about it

teenagers argue over the usage of terms. adults argue over the actual concepts and ideas
>>
>>31584718
a non interactive scene breaking up game play is not a cutscene got it
>>
>>31584718
Man, you're just like one of those sonyshills that try to defend uncharted's interactive cutscenes. You walk for minutes without nothing happening, it's a budget cutscene. You talk for minutes without nothing happening, it's a budget cutscene.
>>
>>31584727
niga you were talking about muh cutscenes and all together doesnt last more than 20 minutes, the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: Grandson I'm dissapoint.jpg (237KB, 1827x979px) Image search: [Google]
Grandson I'm dissapoint.jpg
237KB, 1827x979px
Pokemon Black 2

I remember on the last day of the NNS (Nintendo Network System) was used I thought I got most of the traded Pokes onto it .... Little did I know I was a Rufflet and Skitty short of getting a Legit Shiny Haxorus and no one nearby owns the game and slowly White 2 is increasing in price and I don't have a second 3DS to use it and gather those pokes myself.

I think I may just be burnt out after capturing all the pokes on Alola. Because there is only so much when this "GOTTA CATCH EM ALL" becomes "GOTTA PAY FOR EM ALL" meme
>>
>>31584723
but what do you need to use national dex properly?
>>
>>31584745
It has always been gotta pay for em all, from the very first games.
>>
>>31581849
On the contrary, after XY and ORAS people lowered their expectations. Its just that SM !managed to go below that especially since its the first game to actually remove battle modes solely because of the trainer models gimmick.
>>
File: Hau.jpg (16KB, 398x402px) Image search: [Google]
Hau.jpg
16KB, 398x402px
>>31584761
Well gee the whole Island Scan for Pokes that aren't native to the areas so I can see their Dex in game and not exiting out of it just to go on some bank app. Breaks the flow of playing the game.

+ I would've liked it better if more Other gen pokes appeared just like how Completing the first half of Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal unlocks a whole separate part (like an additional islands or contenant.)

At this point the Pokemon games (as a series) got stale to offer little to nothing new and subtracting alot of things from it that I personally enjoyed in Black 2.
Like to be able to tell what your Pokemons Type and weaknesses are from Cheren, And the others telling you about the geographic/tips on evolving pokes.

Fishing in this game was a chore too. Too many Magikarps Like the rod was permenantly Old Rod 95% of the time and 4.9% good and 0.1 Super

Also little to zero on Double Battles and the S.O.S gimmick is uncalled for when it could've been handled alot more better.
>>
>>31582163
>but BW2 I'm not sure if it's because it had good exploration or just a shit ton of stuff to do to the point that I don't notice the lack of exploration,
Nah BW2 had a fuck ton of new areas and such.
>>
OP you should take in mind /vp/ hates ALL new games. Once another game comes out people here will start saying "Hey SM wasn't so bad"
>>
>>31584802
Well yeah, island scan. But still there'd be 400 blank entries unless you use bank itself
>>
>>31584723
But anon you don't need to buy PokeBank to access the national dex.
>>
>>31584827
You do though.
>>
>>31584818
>But still there'd be 400 blank entries unless you use bank itself
RS had a feature where the national dex was only unlocked once you communicated with FRLG or Emerald. If you're so worried about empty spaces that you need to remove the national pokedex from the game entirely despite it being present in every single game up until now, do that. Make island scan pokemon part of the alola dex, then make the national dex only appear once you attain a pokemon from outside the alola dex
>>
>>31584838
No. I didn't pay for it and I can see the national dex. You just need it if you want to store or transfer mons.
>>
File: you sonna va.png (610KB, 909x1179px) Image search: [Google]
you sonna va.png
610KB, 909x1179px
>>31584839
GameFreak need to fix their rushed game. Thats what.

Too many locked out areas too. Like what about the cave ruins where supposedly Lugia would be located?

Or the locked off Golf Course where at the end the three Legendary Dogs would appear?
>>
>>31584852
Just wait for Pokemon Radiant Sun and Full Moon Stars XXY2 Ultra (Special Pokemon Edition), available this summer for the low price of 49.99 for Nintendo Switch®
>>
>>31584736
>>31584737
>>
>Too much forced cutscenes.
>No good post-game contents AGAIN
>Best features from old games got removed
>The speed of Gen VII Pokemon
>Alola is small and...dull
>N A T I O N A L P O K E D E X
>Not exploring Ultra Space
>Lillie is so boring, jesus. And so are others.

Uh.
>>
>>31584938
Nice bait. Lillie is by far the most developed character in the series thus far. How can she be "boring" compared to an old pokemon NPC that gets maybe 20 lines?
>>
>>31584886
because I want to spend 5 hours mashing A in my monster battling game
>>
>>31581501
festival plaza is garbage. the games are also mediocre garbage
>>
>>31582065
>grinding for exp isn't that bad anyway
>with the gen V xp gain
>with the highest levels you can fight being ~60
No
>>
File: 1485054335478.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485054335478.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
Out of all place on the net, this shouldn't come as a surprise. /vp/ basically hates anything pokemon related that doesn't apply to there "standards". And it's not even an accurate image of the fandom's opinion so really, why even bother?
>>
>>31585078
Try playing any asia-only RPG then come back and see how bad SM grinding seems to you.
>>
>>31585055
Its all just Q and A shit.
They could have at least done something similar to the funfest missions where you could battle, collect items and do other objectives under a time limit
>>
>>31585078
Not to mention
>no rematches
>no o-powers
>>
>>31581501
you do realise this board has an insatiable need to hate on whatever the current main games are
>>
>>31585133
Didn't do it for gen 5 or pre bank/hacking gen 6.
Of course you're going to go by /vp/'s current meme culture.
>>
>>31585162
"current"
>>
>>31585162
>implying /vp/ wasn't a meme culture board to begin with.
>>
>>31585176
Yes, current.
As in it didn't really start until gen 6 and went full force as of ORAS.
>>
>>31581766
Funny thing anon, I'd rather have birdspam the meta. At least talonflame could be gotten around with ease
>>
File: 1477023818192.jpg (136KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1477023818192.jpg
136KB, 1000x1430px
>every DS game
great
XY
>shit
>ORAS
shit
>Sun Moon
shit

when is this series gonna be great again.
>>
>>31587099
Never. Pokemon is a shambling corpse of a franchise and it's all because of SuMo.

>>31584938
This. Threr is literally nothing positive to say about SuMo.

>>31584869
>paid online
Shitendo just killed their major IP in one fell swoop and they don't realize it.

>>31584670
The bar is still set too high for what is considered the Sonic 06 of the series.

>>31582065
>literally closet shilling

>>31582034
>big anniversary title
>rushed to release
>universally agreed to be the worst in the series and one of the worst games in the decade it came out
Which game am I describing?
>>
>>31585081
But they are /vp/, the embodiment of pokemon!
Their people for sure know what it is good for them and what not.

That's the reason i came here only for news and for seeing them getting BTFO everytime something doesn't go with their superior standards.
>>
>>
>>31581766
Goddamn stop shilling so hard. They're simply just bad games. Get over it.
>>
>>31587828
>goddamn stop hating so hard. They're simply just good games. Get over it.
>>
>>31581513
Fpbp
>>
>>31587874
Lol you're a retard.

No way they're even close to the level of being good games.
>>
>>31585085>
>Other games have it worse so that makes it good.

Man, SMfags are reaching deep and desperately.
>>
>>31581838
>>31581847

>What are beans
Seriously, just use the beans and farm EV berries while doing literally anything else. Stock up and then you have more than enough for EV resetting (which I have rarely ever had to do anyway) and tons to instantly evolve happiness evolutions.
>>
>>31585081
Back during hype season obviously many people were saying people would hate htis game just like they hated gen6 and gen6 would be touted as "Well, at least gen6 had this, this and this, it's not as terrible as SM". And lo and fucking behold, like clockwork. I don't understand. People complaining have to be aware of that pattern. Do they just like to be stereotypes of whiny internet fanboys? I just don't get it. Maybe I'm wrong for implying that I would change my opinions to suit others view of me but you'd think most people would give it a second thought before lining directly in fucking lockstep.
>>
>>31581501
>Linear
>Handholdy
>Barely any exploration
>More Kanto panering than XY
>Worse postgame than XY and ORAS
>No Triple Battles
>No rotation battles
>SOS battles make catching Pokemon a bitch
>Too much talking in the beginning and end of the games
>Festival Plaza sucks
>They replaced ORAS' Dex Nav, which was the best use of the bottom screen for any Pokemon game, with a fucking Rotom Dex that just tells the player where to go
>New Pokemon are slow as fuck. Good luck running from that fucking Fearow that just drops out of the sky
>Worst "Victory Road" in the series
>No National Dex
>Protagonists are back to being 5th graders again for no good reason
>Lillie is the main character despite being fucking useless. This relogates the player character to being her fucking bodyguard just so she can tell her evil mother off
>Battle Tree is a mix of the Battle Tower and PWT, but worse than both of them
>Z-Moves suck. They look neat but they're mostly just powered up versions of existing moves. Say what you will about Mega Evolution, but it looked cool and brought new strategy to the game, as Mega Evolved Pokemon gained new abilities and even typings
>Hyper Training can only be used on Pokemon that are lvl 100 making it effectively useless
>No trainer rematches makes leveling Pokemon a bitch pre E4
>There's a Gen 2-like level spike when the player get's to Poni Island
>Title Defense is neat, but they fucked it up by making the player have to battle the E4 again, as well as by making the challengers only have 5 Pokemon. This means the player will be significantly higher leveled than the opponets after the third title defense.

Holy shit. And I probably missed a few. You'd have to be a fan of "movie-games" or just be a Hoenn/Kalos hater to say that Sun/Moon are better than ORAS/XY. They're just so flawed as games. They're only redeeming aspects are the music and ARGUABLY the characters. They're probably the worst games in the series except for the original Gen 1 games.
>>
>>31587099
>DP/Gen 5
>Great
Shit taste, bro
>>
>>31589325
I agree with pretty much all of this. Sun & Moon are really disappointing.
>>
>>31581501
>Another complainment thread
>>
>>31589325
people actually defend shit like this
>>
>>31581716
>tapu the meta
At least they have some counters
In the past game, the counter for genies were the genies itself
>>
>>31581501

I keep seeing people reduce the argument to "What's so bad about no NatDex?"

YOU HAVE TO PAY TO TRANSFER POKEMON FROM OLDER GAMES TO THE LASTEST GAME. Full stop. It's an indefensible, Far East Asian Jew trick.
>>
>>31584954
>Lillie is by far the most developed character in the series thus far

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh yeah, she changed her clothes once, I guess. Nice """"""""development"""""""" there, waifucuck.
>>
>>31581501
Better than ORAS and XY for sure but it have many flaws. It can't compete directly with Platinum/HGSS/B2W2, we need to wait a possible 3rd release
>>
>>31590800
If you really can't afford $0.41 a month you need to sort your life out
>>
>>31590887
I'm not the same person, but he's right. We should pay only for the storage, not for transferring mons
>>
>>31587828
Or maybe you're an entitled asshole that expected way too much?
>>
>>31589325
Didn't know 15 minutes of total cutscenes counted as a movie-game. Why do people even take it as a negative thing
>>
They hype was great until they revealed the 95% of the new pokemon.
>>
>>31591026
you mean the hype was great until it was revealed that they revealed 95% of the new pokemon
>>
>>31590991
Or maybe you're an apologist cuck that takes any shit GF gives you with the name "Pokémon" slapped into it?
>>
File: pepe heatran.jpg (42KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
pepe heatran.jpg
42KB, 499x499px
>>31581738
So if I use meme arrows and a lot of opinions I can BTFO people too?
>>
>>31582163
I think the Hoenn games had the right balance you speak of.
>>
>>31589325
>>Battle Tree is a mix of the Battle Tower and PWT, but worse than both of them

It's clearly supposed to be a mixture of Mount battle (mini-boss every 10 battles) and the battle Maison in Gen 6 (being able to leave anytime you want). In addition to the battle tree granting more BP than ever before you can also, make your opponents your ally in Multies, be rewarded with freebies at the end of your streak and finally, for the first time, regular trainers and important characters will use Megas and Z-moves.

You can argue saying that PWT is better than the Battle Tree, but saying the vanilla battle tower is better is just false from a logical standpoint.

>Z-Moves suck. They look neat but they're mostly just powered up versions of existing moves.
Expect that Z-moves also affect status attacks which create even more possible builds for Pokemons (Z-stockpile, Conservation, Trick Room, Parting Shot etc.).
>Say what you will about Mega Evolution, but it looked cool and
brought new strategy to the game, as Mega Evolved Pokemon gained new abilities and even typings
Expect that Z-moves can be universally used when compared to the hilariously small number of 48 megas. Z-moves also brought a new way to play pokemon battles without being as centralizing as Megas

I agree with everything else though
>>
Oh god, people warned me it would happened and it happened. I disappear for like 2 months and this place becomes "7th gen new worst gen!" central. God, where's gen 8 so this annoying ass cycle can continue.
>>
>>31581513
/thread
>>
>>31589325
Hit the nail on the head. SuMo is a fucking travesty and you all know it.

>>31591102
>the truth is meme arrows now

>>31590678
>>31590780
And we see more people agreeing with actual fucking common sense.

Just fuck the SuMo shills shit up f4m, they clearly lost.
>>
>>31581738
>>31581842
>>31584737
>>31587344
>>31587828
>>31592349
so did you create this thread just so you could shit in it or did you just happen to find it?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-17-15-42-12-1.png (156KB, 1440x2065px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-17-15-42-12-1.png
156KB, 1440x2065px
>>31581501
>why is there so much hate on gen 7

there isn't. SM have been widely accepted by pretty much everyone, including normies and /vp/. the reason you see "so much needless hate" is because of a few shitposters like the "SuMo shill" guy who samefag and spam threads to make it seem like people agree with them.

pic related, it's the most recent poll we've held. the fact that it beat Platinum (which is at its popularity prime right now because of nostalgia) just goes to show how great it really is.
>>
>>31581513
The only thing i truly hated about SUMO are the cutscenes. I don't want to play MGS4.
>>
>>31584852

Don't forget the demo only areas.
>>
>>31589325
>Linear
ok? it's a JRPG with levelling. it's supposed to be linear. this would be a decent argument if the game was like Fallout or Skyrim, where enemies adjust their levels to whatever you are. it's not a criticism for a game that has the same levels on every enemy.

>Handholdy
maybe a little bit, but it's still decently challenging. more challenging than everything but Platinum and GSC, for that matter.

>Barely any exploration
never got this meme. S/M have been the games where I've spent the most times exploring towns and exploring routes. there's lots of extra paths, and also lots of sidequests that force you to walk around a route for a while (such as the Snubbul collecting and the Snubull capturing quests)

I personally don't like Kanto pandering, but what do you expect? Genwunners are the part of the Pokemon fanbase with the most money. I would think that it would be odd if they DIDN'T pander to them. on top of that, it was the 20th fucking anniversary.

>Worse postgame than XY and ORAS
this is simply not true for XY. and you can't compare ORAS to SM when it comes to postgame, that's like comparing HGSS and DP in terms of postgame. the whole fucking point of a remake is to update and add additional shit to a game.

>No Triple Battles
>No rotation battles
oh the humanity

>SOS battles make catching Pokemon a bitch
this is fair. they shouldve implemented it better.

>Too much talking in the beginning and end of the games
fair point, I guess. although not everyone has a problem with a lot of dialogue.

>Festival Plaza sucks
fair point

>They replaced ORAS' Dex Nav, which was the best use of the bottom screen for any Pokemon game, with a fucking Rotom Dex that just tells the player where to go
they change the bottom screen completely every game, anon-kun.
>>
>>31593871
cont

>New Pokemon are slow as fuck. Good luck running from that fucking Fearow that just drops out of the sky
this really isn't a flaw, more of a nitpick

>Worst "Victory Road" in the series
my understanding was that Poni Canyon was supposed to be the real Victory Road.

>No National Dex
fair point

>Protagonists are back to being 5th graders again for no good reason
ok? and?

>Lillie is the main character despite being fucking useless. This relogates the player character to being her fucking bodyguard just so she can tell her evil mother off
the whole point of Lillie's story is that she grows from being a meek girl who can't fight for herself into the opposite.

>Battle Tree is a mix of the Battle Tower and PWT, but worse than both of them
it's exactly the fucking same as the Battle Tower, but with more famous characters. what shit are you smoking?

>Z-Moves suck. They look neat but they're mostly just powered up versions of existing moves. Say what you will about Mega Evolution, but it looked cool and brought new strategy to the game, as Mega Evolved Pokemon gained new abilities and even typings
hold on. you could make the same exact argument against megas.
>
>megas suck. They look neat but they're mostly just powered up versions of existing pokemon. Say what you will about Z-Moves, but they looked cool and brought new strategy to the game, as players could now wallbreak things more easily, find new combinations (flyinium Lando for example), or do things with Z-status.

>Hyper Training can only be used on Pokemon that are lvl 100 making it effectively useless
fair point. not really a flaw though, you don't have to use it and if you wanted 6iv mons you could breed instead.
>>
>>31593907
cont

>No trainer rematches makes leveling Pokemon a bitch pre E4
yes. it makes the game harder.

>There's a Gen 2-like level spike when the player get's to Poni Island
I can't comment of this since I don't remember anything like this.

>Title Defense is neat, but they fucked it up by making the player have to battle the E4 again, as well as by making the challengers only have 5 Pokemon. This means the player will be significantly higher leveled than the opponets after the third title defense.
fair point about the Elite Four, but the levelling argument doesn't make sense. do you expect peolle to continue using their story mons for the 3rd or 4th league rematch?
>>
File: 1473336484937.jpg (14KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
1473336484937.jpg
14KB, 480x351px
>>31593871
>>31593907
>>31593927
>>
Just wait to Piss Sun and Shit Moon for more features removed and more laggy gameplay.

Seriously these are the worst games in the main line.
>>
>>31581738
Oh god the
>every trainer has one pokemon
pissed me off so much. What was even the point of having them there to one shot their shit mon aside from exp? The only battle that felt like a fight was against Kukui at the VERY FUCKING END of the game.

Team Skull was an even bigger joke. They literally did nothing but walk around pretending to be bad. I had so much hope for them, too.

SuMo were bad games. They just are. And it's sad to see the series take such a nosedive into the developers not caring enough to put effort into games. They wanted to make a more story driven game, but it ended up being just a joke.

Gen 5 was truly the last good generation.
>>
>>31594172
Can you stop? It's getting kind of annoying.

>inb4 What's getting annoying? Me telling the truth about how SuMo are trash? Fuck off, SuMo shill
>>
>>31593380
The fact that it almost beat B2W2 just goes to show just how much shit taste /vp/ has.
>>
>>31590887

It's the principle you dumb nigger.

If every major burger fast food joint decided that burgers no longer come with pickles and you have to pay 10 cents extra now if you want pickles, that would suck, objectively. Because you're paying for something that always used to come free before.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.