[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_7542.png (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7542.png
41KB, 250x250px
Post questions that don't deserve their own threads ITT.

Does Reckless apply to Life Orb damage?
>>
>>31577528
>>
does life orb do damage to sheer force mons now?
>>
File: IMG_7549.jpg (2MB, 2975x1747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7549.jpg
2MB, 2975x1747px
I just a got a Dream Ball Gligar from GTS. Is this legal?
>>
>>31580406
Wait a minute, can i even pass down the ball or the HA?
>>
>>31577528
>>31579939
No.

>>31580406
>>31580475
Yes.
>>
File: expandress.png (23KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
expandress.png
23KB, 430x430px
How does the game react when a Pokemon uses Mimic / Copycat / Mirror Move / Sketch to replicate Spirit Shackle and Sparkling Aria?

I imagine it just plays the Pokemon's normal attacking animations with the move's effects, but here's a fun little image of trying to rig the animation itself onto another 'mon.
>>
When will I be able to inject post pokebank release pokemons with Pkhex?
>>
>>31580547
Update came out earlier today.
>>
>>31580567
Oh, great
>>
Does Pokebank allow for Surf Pikachu to be transferred to SM? I want to inject one to satisfy my "Surfing Alolan Raichu" autism.
>>
My eevee has 5 affection hearts, is that too many for it to evolve into a sylveon? Pokemon Moon. I'm a bit new sorry
>>
>>31580537
>>>/wsg/1512061
>>
>>31584027
>is that too many for it to evolve into a sylveon?
there is no "too many", dont worry.
>>
>>31577528
What are some worthwhile / good support mons for Doubles? I've never touched Doubles before but I'm interested.
>>
anybody know if the magikarp replacement method still works to breed shinies? or was the RNG manipulation patched in the update?
>>
>>31584048
Ah, alright, I guess it just needs to learn a fairy type move then and itll evolve?
>>
What is the percent chance of passing down HA's if I breed two of the same pokemon with their hidden abilities?
>>
>>31584929
Considering only the mother passes on hidden abilities (outside of males with dittos) breeding with both parents having the hidden ability will have the same chance to produce a child with a hidden ability as only the mother having the hidden ability
>>
I have a theory about item duplication via Pickup, but I've not yet tried it.

This is the idea:
>Team members -
>Munchlax that knows Recycle and Fling
>Hypno that knows Switcheroo, and holding the item you want to dupe
>At least two Pokémon with the Pickup ability
>Start a wild Ditto encounter, make it transform into the Munchlax
>Switch in Hypno, use Switcheroo to give it the item you want duped
>Wait a few turns for the Ditto to Fling the Item, and Recycle it
>Wait a final turn for it to recycle again, switcheroo the item back to Hypno, and defeat the ditto

If this works as expected, each of the Pickup Pokémon should pick up the flung item, even though it gets recycled.

I'm going to try it now since I already have everything I need.
>>
>>31584961
Alright. Neat. What chance is that?
>>
I'm gonna SR for Zygarde and transfer it to my moon save before I start over my Sun one so, which nature is the best for it (50%)?
>>
>>31584993
Ah, nevermind, I figured out why this won't work.

If you want to retrieve the item, the Pickup Pokémon has to switch back into battle to pick it up.
And then Recycle will fail because "Recycle will fail if the item is collected by a Pokémon with Pickup."

Thought I was onto something but it was just me misunderstanding what Pickup did.
>>
>>31584993
Bublapedia entry for recycle:
Gen V onwards
>"Recycle will fail if the item is collected by a Pokémon with Pickup."
>>
>>31585061
shameless bump
>>
>>31585004
60%, the other 40% is the normal ability, or divided into two chances of 20% if the pokemon has 2 normal abilities (like eevee).
>>
File: 1483327287047.jpg (621KB, 698x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483327287047.jpg
621KB, 698x900px
Do you need the most recent software version of xy/oras to use them in pokebank? I deleted the updates. You don't have to launch the software to use the bank but it's still taking your save data while connected to the internet, so can you just pop the cartridge in and use it or do I need to figure out how to make space for the updates?
>>
Is it possible to get another Mewnium Z from Pokebank? I'm asking because I want one in both my Sun and Moon games.
>>
>>31586078
Nope. You just get one for one game.

If you want more, injecting is the only way.
>>
>>31577528
Did they fix the cross-gen evo problem?
>>
>>31584069
Yes
>>
>>31577528
Did the VC releases give us any interesting TMs?
>>
>>31586938
fissure machamp
>>
hi /vp/, I got a random shit breedject Snivy from WT but it's in an ultra ball, legal or illegal?
>>
>>31589149
You can island scan and catch serperior right?
>>
>>31589194
that's true, I forgot about that. Thanks, it had Glare and didn't want to go through the cancer of trying to get it to pass it to a female with Contrary if it had the chance of passing an illegal Pokeball (masudaing a shiny one, so need female for higher chance to pass Contrary)
>>
>>31581819
Not legal
>>
>>31584055
Yes it still works
>>
>>31589239
thanks anon
>>
Whats the fastest way to level up? Or better yet whats the best mon to use when hunting for a good IV ditto.
>>
>>31589354
>Whats the fastest way to level up?
E4 spam or poni gauntlet abuse.
>>
>>31589398
thanks. Guess nothing else than what I'm already doing. Good pokemon to hunt good IV dittos?
>>
File: IMG_0696.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0696.gif
2MB, 500x374px
If Oranguru goes first and uses Instruct does it make it's partner use it's current move or the move from last turn?

Or is Instruct forced to go last?
>>
>>31589604
last turn's move.
>>
File: gligar.png (2KB, 243x45px) Image search: [Google]
gligar.png
2KB, 243x45px
>>31580406
>>31580475
Gligar was available in the Dream World so yes he is legal. Also yes you can pass down his HA and ball.
>>
Should much harder is Moon with the exp share turned off?
>>
>>31589966
>should my harder
I don't know if this is autocorrect or autism but I meant "How much harder"
>>
>>31589966
not much harder until right at the end where everything suddenly jumps ahead of you and it becomes impossible to win unless you spam items
>>
>>31589966

I played it without it, the spike is very refreshing because it doesn't really need grinding just giving each pokemon their own time to shine

However, Poni Island in general is a very noticeable spike to people WITH expshare

So prepare yourself to find Pokémon and trainers that are suddenly 5 levels higher than you

Overall it makes the game much better in difficulty
>>
Which is the better alolan mon for a fast special attacker raichu or persian?
Persian has utility with things like parting shot and fur coat but raichu has better special attacker and better coverage moves, give me other and possibly autistic reasons of which should I choose
>>
>>31589966

The game is harder with the combination of exp share turned off and trainer options on "set"

It's actually really challenging but it's still based on what your team is.
>>
>>31590074

Raichu if only because he's double typed and gets STAB psychic
>>
If guts affects your current stat does it technically count towards your BST?

Not really a technical question just asking

Considering Guts without any stat boosts, it makes Luxray the strongest physical Electric type since it can still be affected by items and stat boosts no?
>>
What's the easiest way to find hidden abilities that's aren't obvious?

I want sand stream gigalith but it comes from Sand force Rogenrolla
>>
>>31591070
Use Worry Seed or Entrainment to check a Pokémon during SOSing, both show the target's original ability before changing it.
>>
>>31591098

Looks like my best bet is execute
>>
>>31577528
I have a shiny Krookodile that had Moxie as it's ability and when I transferred him to Moon it turned into Intimidate. How the hell did that happen?
>>
If I breed a HA geodude with an a-geodude can I get a HA a-geodude?
>>
>>31591519
Leavanny is pretty good cause it can false swipe too
>>
>>31591689

It's 50/50
>>
What's the difference with the way Zyguard and Wishywashy's form change work?
>>
My Venusaur needs a fourth move

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
-
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.