[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the Honeymoon phase is over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (133KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 1024x576px
What's /vp/'s verdict on SM?
>>
>>31572689
I liked it. Most fun I've had with pokemon is some time.
>>
8 or 9/10
>>
>>31572689
Underwhelming
>>
>>31572689
Ok but could have been better

Will age decently well
>>
Only game I've not played through more than once. I blame the pokedex, retarded story and empty post game.
>>
>>31572689

I thought I was done with Pokemon with XY
Therefore skipped ORAS
Bought Sun Moon and ended up liking them a lot
I have 200 hours in the game, mainly breeding and ev training pokemon
>>
File: YaBoy.jpg (125KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
YaBoy.jpg
125KB, 665x665px
>>31572689
Managed to get me more interested in trading and experimenting with Pokemon I rarely or never used.
It had a fun story, two entertaining villainous teams, some pretty cool Pokemon and a nice soundtrack.

I absolutely fucking love Team Skull and Guzma.
>>
>>31572689
Kinda good, decent postgame, but poor replayability
>>
>>31572689
5/10 it's not perfect but it's not the worst either.
>>
A lot better than gen 6
>>
>>31572743
>he played XY twice

what the fuck
>>
>>31572800
XY wasn't as bad as SM. Plus the long and unskippable cutscenes kill any replay value
>>
>>31572689
Enjoyable game, good character and feel (and good characters), ok postgame, bad replayability
>>
>It's another boxart shitpost thread

>It's another "honeymoon" thread
>>
>>31572689
Extremely disappointing. Just pirate. Not worth the money.

3/10.
>>
It's not the best but it's great.
>>
>>31572904
>XY wasn't as bad as SM

what the fuck
>>
Half baked
>>
>>31572689
Pretty good first title game. I hope they can patch up the bullshit in the next game though
>>
>>31572942
>this

Bought both "collector" edition worst purchase of my life.
>>
>>31572959
XY was bland as fuck start to finish
SM gets better after you meet Galdion
>>
Both X/Y and S/M are equally shit. But X/Y innovated the series more than S/M.
>>
>>31572689
Pretty dang good. I love the new Pokemon designs and the game is pretty comfy, one of the few that I really enjoyed fucking around in after the end. It'll age pretty well too because the online is a minor component (like gen 4), but that does detract from competitive players enjoyment.
>>
7/10. It still has a lot of glaring flaws, but you can tell they at least put in a lot of effort into worldbuilding and the plot.

It also shows how out of touch GF is with modern gamers, though. Terrible customization, needing to choose from 4 trainer presets instead of letting you customize your looks, unskippable cutscenes, lack of sidequests, Festival Plaza as a PSS replacement, non-skippable tutorials despite acknowledging that they have an older fanbase. SM is really clunky overall because of this.
>>
>>31572689
I rike it, though im only a story fag.
Can't stay 24/7 with only 1 game.
>>
>>31572689
Mediocre when you ignore Lillie waving her pussy in your face. Complete shit if you do.
>>
>>31572689
I was promised a game.
All I got was an interactive movie that has basicly zero good story, is full of handholding, has a really poorly made and limited map and around 80 new Pokemon that are all as weak as the route 1 rodents from former gens while being as rare as most pseudos. It's overall just a big nothing. I can't even properly say if like or hate them because there were some things like the HM removal and cool designs that were actually pretty good. But overall it's just a big empty nothing that still makes me question to this day why they just didn't work on it one more year and release a good game that isn't full of pointless cutscenes, bullshit and lags on the switch. Guess you should never expect much from franchises that are ancient and do anything to somehow keep it alive.
>>
Main game was a lot of fun but everything other than advancing the plot kinda sucked.
7/10
>>
>>31572689
I riked it
>>
Just like every gen it has flaws

But overall it does a lot good, especially as the first game in a gen

Pokémon Palego, Ride Pokemon, The Island challenge especially with Totem Pokemon, more focus on characters and their personalities similar to gen 5, etc

It has signs of being rushed, there aren't as good puzzles or dungeons and there could've been more in post game despite how decent the UB Hunt and Tapu's are as well as the boogaloo of the Battle Tree

But overall the quality and things your able to do was pulled off really well
>>
>>31572689
Love it. Just started another playthrough today.
>>
Just like XY the first half of the game is much better than the second half
If it had better trials and better new Pokemon distribution it would be much better
>>
>>31573205
>makes me question to this day why they just didn't work on it one more year and release a good game that isn't full of pointless cutscenes, bullshit and lags on the switch.

Because retards who think Lillie is a good character and that this game has a great plot will buy it anyways.
>>
>>31572689

No fossils + lack of good Ghost types (especially when one of the fossils could've been a Rock/Ghost fossilized tiki mask). Wasn't the biggest fan of the regional dex, Kalos had a few more pokemon and a much better quality selection. 8/10 for me.
>>
8/10. Best Pokémon game in a long while and miles better than XYORAS and B2W2 (BW is good despite the hate). It's only lacking post-game (it's literally XY tier except Battle Tree is cooler) and more things to do. Overall a great step towards the next incredible game. Not buying a Switch though. Id rather wait for an emulator.
>>
>>31572904
https://youtu.be/yVFt0szaX_8
>>
>>31573576
>lack of good Ghost types
>Mimikyu
>Dhelmise
>Alola Marowak
>Return of Gastly 2: Son of Gastly
>Assorted others like Misdreavus, Sableye, Phantump, Litwick, Honedge, Froslass
>>
Con
>Lack of sufficient post game like XY and ORAS
>Severe lack of efficient power leveling location.
>Several plot holes. UBs and Team Skull story was pretty bad. Gladion's Type: Null evolved offscreen. Who the heck is Ryuki?
>Battle tree does not save between battles
>UBs and Tapus too overpowering in metagame
>Gengar meets Gravity Falls
>tourism mascots do not fit with regional pokemon.
>Super training is gone
>Online feature does not allow communication with friends easy unlike XY or ORAS.
>Lack of trainer double-battles
>Lack of scumbags like Gary or Silver
>Victory Road does not exist.
Not enough puzzles

Pro
>Tough battles against certain totems
>Severe dicking from some npc battles.
>Refreshing change from Gym leader battles.
>No HMs
>Previously weaker pokemon receive buffs.
>No easy free handouts like XY or ORAS
>No bs O-Powers
>Z-moves created a more variable metagame
>Easy berry planting. Better than any previous generations. Pelago in general is overall nice.
>>
File: 1485490224621.jpg (175KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
1485490224621.jpg
175KB, 750x574px
Honestly, I really enjoyed the story. It was nice having one after X and Y's flop after Gen5. The only thing I wanted was the post game to be enjoyable. There's nothing really to do. I hate breeding in it because of autism box. I mean I could also be bitter because I had to complete the Alolan dex for my shiny charm (mostly the 1% encounters made me REEEEEE). I just wish it had more things to dick around with.
>>
>>31572689
>worst story
>literally not a single likable character holy shit
>all of the new pokemon are shit aesthetically and competitively
>soundtrack is ass
>20fps for the whole game
Quite literally the Sonic 06 of Pokemon.

>>31573205
>>31573570
You got that right. The only reason you would consider this plot good is because of waifufaggotry.
Hopefully, with any luck, GF will retain SuMo for good after seeing it tank.

>>31573466
>>31573298
>>31573524
>>31573576
>>31573583
>>31574109
Nice shilling cucks.
>>
>>31574749
>retain
Shit I meant retcon
>>
It's probably the most boring Pokémon game to date. Maybe not the worst, but certainly the most bland.
>>
>asking /vp/ for opinions ever
It's the sane thing all over again, Gen 5 came, everyone hated it and praised 4, Gen 6 came, everyone hated it and praised 5 and now Gen 7 came and everyone is praising (well most) 6. It's the Zelda cycle all over again. Didn't believe it myself, but now looking at it, yeah you cucks are no different :^)
>>
As someone who doesn't give half a flying fuck about any human character in pokémon, I wanted to punch Lillie in the face throughout the whole thing.
But Alola is great, the regional dex is elder god tier, UB's are cool but underexploited. The game has lots of potential but feels like they had to rush it to meet the deadlines with the unused golf course and shit like that.
7/10 good game but pls add a skip cutscene button
>>
>story has some good ideas (Team Skull, League), some bad ideas (forced character interactions and development, UB's invade the place and nothing happens) but overall just kills the pacing of the game
>region sucks since it's 4 linear for the sake of the story
>decently challenging
>decent postgame
>new Pokémon are great
>loved SOS battles. You get new Pokémon, good IV's, hidden abilities and shinies from the same mechanic AND it fucks your ingame progression. All from one single mechanic. Love it.
>Pelago is great
>Plaza is shit
>IV checker is great
>Z moves are the same shit as megas, but do not look as cool.
>Absolutely none meaningful addition to the battle mechanics.

Better than XY, worse than the DS games.
>>
>>31575156
>Gen 5 came, everyone hated it and praised 4, Gen 6 came, everyone hated it and praised 5 and now Gen 7 came and everyone is praising (well most) 6. It's the Zelda cycle all over again
None of this happened.
For one gen 4 was universally hated and still is to an extent while 5 not only caused the creation of this board but was liked until the recent flood kids.
6 came out and was liked up until bank happened and 7 caused new appreciation for 6.
There is no cycle.
>>
Honeymoon phase won't end until gen 4 remakes are announced.
>>
>>31575258
>there is no cycle
Sure.
>>
>>31575218
>decent postgame
You what.
It's literally less than XY.
>>
>>31575280
Considering your "cycle" isn't an accurate representation of what's happening on /vp/ and there's no pattern to follow I would say it doesn't exist
>>
>>31572689
Easily the best written story, not that the story is amazing... it's just written well compared to the other games gamefreak made.

the rest ranged from mediocre to bad.
they really messed it up
>>
>>31575317
Right m8. Let's talk again when Gen 8 rolls around :^)
Also I'm not the only one saying that cycle exists.
>>
>>31575319
You do realise a story isn't well written just because everything is shoved in your fave right?
>>
>>31572800

Because of the ridiculous quality of the Kalos pokedex you can play it 2 or 3 times with an awesome and new team every time.
>>
>>31575291
UB's, rest of the Poni island, E4 rematches, Battle Tree, Tapu's, Eevee quest
>>
File: 1485530260272.png (25KB, 222x259px) Image search: [Google]
1485530260272.png
25KB, 222x259px
>>31574749
Did you even read what I wrote? The only reason I enjoyed the plot was because the characters actually did something (similarly to Gen5). I pretty much said I only enjoyed it for the plot. I hated the game other than that
>>
They could have used the UBs in the story better. I also didn't care for the fact that you have to act as Lillie's body guard for a chunk of the game and all she does is add unnecessary cutscenes to tell you that she wants to buy clothes or take Cosmog to the ruins for the umpteenth time.

The multiplayer functionality is also straight up worse than Gen 6 and the removal of passerby detection removed what little remaining reason I had to play on cart instead of showdown.

The good things about the game are the changed up formula with a decent challenge and the PC and battle menu updates.

Overall good for a single playthrough but shit replayability.
>>
>>31572689
>reads the thread
So now we all agree that SuMo are the worst games in the series? Thank fuck, maybe we can abandon this corpse of a franchise now.
>>
>>31572689
The comfiest I've felt about a game since Gen IV.

Ignoring that though, I'd say it was okay. First play through is great, but the cut scenes are unbearable on any runs after that. Certainly not the best, but also definitely not the worst.
>>
>>31572689
Better than gen 4 or 5, not quite as good as gen 6 yet, but well on its way.
>>
>>31575258
>5 not only caused the creation of this board

Wait, what?
>>
>>31575258
You just described a cycle, though.

And it's perfectly natural. If you think of the board as a monolith the cycle doesn't make sense, but when you realize /vp/'s constantly getting new posters and losing old ones it's perfectly logical. Right now we live in a time where most of the posters are children who grew up with gen 4 and 5. Thus, 4 and 5 are inordinately praised, while 6 and 7 are happening in their "Pokemon isn't cool anymore" phase that many of us who grew up with RGBY went through with gen 3.

It's just the passage of time, anon.
>>
>>31574749
>reverse-shilling cucks
>>
>>31573205

Not to mention there aren't any very memorable cities or routes. The 4th island is an outlier as well as the snowy mountain peak before the E4. It's hard for me to conjure up an image of what "Alola" is. You think about it and just recall standard, cookie-cutter routes and beaches that all look the same.
>>
>>31573739

Mimikyu, Dhelmise, and A-Marowak are the only Ghost types (unless you chose Rowlet) that you would even CONSIDER using. 2 out of those 3 pokemon are single stage, which are less fun to use during playthroughs, and Alolawak is slow as balls just like a supermajority of the whole sex. Also you shouldn't count Ghosts from other regions, I'm talking about Alola's regional dex.

>>31574749

>Shilling is giving the game an 8/10 score.
>>
>>31574107

>No BS O-Powers

And yet there's Pokemon Refresh. They rendered status healing items obsolete with one of their own new features.

I use maybe 1 status healing item in 160 hours of gameplay when I needed to mid battle. Otherwise you just wait till the battle ends and heal their status condition in Pokefresh.

Seriously I have a collection of like 40 Full Heals, and 10 each of those biscuits you get daily from the Pokebean cafes.
>>
File: 20170128_171149.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170128_171149.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
I'm loving it.
>>
I really liked the music
>>
File: Quite.png (284KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Quite.png
284KB, 800x800px
>>31572689
while the main story line was fun and there's a lot of creativity with the new pokemon designs, the lack of any post game content again left a bad aftertaste which I hope "Stars" will be able to fix, whether its a sequel to sun/moon or a sinnoh remake.

8.1/10
>>
>>31572689

decent game with significant issues.

some improvements, some failures, hoping they learn from the mistakes for the next games.
>>
story was pretty bad
cutscenes were unforgivable
new pokemon are mostly crap
enviroments were pretty good
although the game was too small (can't complain because they would have extended the shit story)
lack of good features from older games hurt this a lot.

overall 6/10
>>
>>31575803
>8/10
Isn't that average for almost every Pokemon game?
>>
File: 1474546274891.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1474546274891.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I like it a lot better than Gen 6 overall, however I like to breed a lot, and the sun and moon PC is the laggist shit. Gen 6 was silky smooth, and i think the pokemon sprites look worse on the summary and PC too. how did they unoptimise sun and moon that badly.
>>
File: Mistakes.png (317KB, 1078x455px) Image search: [Google]
Mistakes.png
317KB, 1078x455px
>>31572689
These are the worst games yet. The story writing is bad, full of missed opportunities and doesn't make sense, while also being extremely prevalent and choking the player with cutscenes and railroading.

Alola is small and boring, no locations there are fun to explore or memorable. It's so barebones. "level design" can barely be applied to this game because of how streamlined and insubstantial the routes and caves are. I sure wish there were more places like Shoal Cave, Dark Cave or Chargestone Cave here. Then there's also bullshit like the Exeggutor Express or Mt. Lanakila's elevators robbing the player of exploration and content.

I'm sure most people know about the details of this by now but everything related to online play and breeding/raising competitive Pokémon is a downgrade from ORAS. No hordes, no egg loop (the box is shit because it can damage your circle pad if you're trying to be efficient), no move tutors, the IV Judge is now far away from the daycare again, no PSS and probably more I'm forgetting.

On the bright side I see the Poké Ride which is a good replacement for HMs albeit still far from perfect. I also like the Poké Pelago a lot, offers some great features while lorewise making it seem not cruel to store Pokémon in boxes.

Overall I guess I'd give them a 3/10 if I had to rate them.
>>
File: 1485483914111.png (524KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
1485483914111.png
524KB, 600x484px
>>31575521
>Gen VI
>Good
Pick One and only One
>>
>>31576116
just because of my own morbid curiosity, how would you rate each generation.
>>
>>31575432
>looker quest
>maison with triples and rotation
>legendary birds
>zygarde
>mewtwo
>chateau rematches
>champion restaurant
>megastone hunt
>battle test
>>
It's fine.

Pretty much all I can say, "it's fine". I appreciate them doing something different, it just feels like a "1 step forward, 2 steps back" thing
>>
>>31572689

It's alright.
>>
>>31572689
Gen 6 was better imo. I liked it but it wasn't magnificent, definitely not a 8 or 9 out of 10.
>>
>>31575218
>UB's invade the place and nothing happens

In fairness the second they invaded the island guardians were on their ass so they didn't really have a chance to start shit.
>>
I'm not sure to be honest. I mean, while the story wasn't perfect I appreciated it way more than anything other than Gen 5, and the Alola region really felt alive despite weak design in many areas. I also felt like it was pretty new and fresh and I like a lot of the new Pokemon, and not having to clutter movesets with HMs was great. It's actually more difficult in places than previous games, and I appreciated the Totem battles a lot. Required more strategy than most gyms. Overall, I really enjoyed going through this game, and will give it another whirl now that Bank is up.

However, there's a load of boneheaded choices that just make no sense. Like why are all the new Pokemon rare as hell? Why is the SOS mechanic such ass? Why are there 90 Kanto Pokemon in the dex, yet 30 of everything else minus Alola which still has less than Kanto? Why are cutscenes STILL unskippable? They really took a step backwards with player accessibility, apart from being able to see everything about the Pokemon you just caught. That was awesome.

Despite the complaints, more positive than negative and definitely enjoyed it more than some other games (ORAS, DP). It kind of reminds me of Metroid: Other M, but a hell of a lot better in execution.
>>
>>31575699
You do realise what a cycle is right?
For a cycle to exist there has to be a pattern for it to follow.

The fact that gen 5 has had an extended, let's say grace period while 4 still remains the least liked gen by a large margin breaks this cycle already. Then there's gen 3 which recieved it's hate period between 5 and 6 when that cycle suggests it should be extremely popular.

I'll ask again, do you honestly know what a cycle is?
>>
>>31576206
Without going into the details and reasoning:
>Gen 1 - 8/10
>Gen 2 - 10/10
>Gen 3 - 10/10
>Gen 4 - 9/10
>Gen 5 - 9/10
>Gen 6 - 5/10

I judged them by the time of their release, not today's standards.
>>
one step forward, two steps back

you know. standard game freak fare
>>
>>31574107
>>No bs O-Powers
Should be in cons especially since there's nowhere to level up in SM.

>>Z-moves created a more variable metagame
This also didn't happen. Z-moves didn't change the meta at all
>>
>No M-Altaria/10
>>
>>31576379
>I judged them by the time of their release, not today's standards.
The problem there is that you're not considering any other game that existed around the time of release or that was on the same system.
>>
>>31572689
Probably my favourite Pokemon game to date, story-wise.

Gameplay-wise, it runs like garbage.
Game Freak needs to learn how to optimise their models and oh my sweet christ those particle effects.

There's no excuse for a game as basic-looking as Pokemon to run as badly as it does, when games with even more going on on the screen can work just fine.
>>
>>31576485
>story-wise
>>
>>31576475
That's true, and it's because I don't care about games in general, just Pokémon.
>>
>>31576421
>Z-moves haven't changed the meta at all
Have you even been paying attention to the current meta or are you this ignorant?
>>
>>31576506
I've been playing the 8 Gym Challenge for nearly 20 years. At least Sun/Moon tried something new, and I found that refreshing.
>>
>>31576506
he means waifuwise
>>
>>31576529
whats so refreshing? you fight one monster that you two shot at worst. I thought it was terrible.
>>
>>31576529
But isn't that more like mechanic-wise?
However I appreciate that.
>>
>>31576514
Yeah because a meta where Z moves are used in meme sets is truly representative of real play.
>>
>>31576609
You do realise pokemon like Gyarados and Salamence or Araquanid use Z-moves in non ironic ways, right? Dropping a nuke on a possible counter/switch is something everything wants to do and even mons like Heatran use Z-moves as trap sets for switches (Bloom Doom Heatran is a thing).
But what can I expect from a board that 99% of don't even know competitive to begin with.
>>
Somehow managed to be even worse than XY. 2/10 will probably drop Pokémon forever if the next games don't significantly improve.
>>
>>31572689
Got bored after I got to the fourth island, and went back to plating Platinum and HeartGold.
>>
>>31576337
This honestly. I can't begin to express my frustration with SOS battles. What was wrong with hordes?

Poke ride was okay but I would rather ride my own pokemon instead of calling someone else's Charizard.
>>
Wasted potential, still the best first game of every gen. Unfortunately it can't compete againist stronger game like B2W2, Platinum etc... but is much better than BW and Diamond/Pearl. I hope they release a 3rd game of it
>>
>>31576337
>more positive than negative
>>
>>31572689
Rushed for the 20 years anniversary/10
>>
>>31572689
My least favorite Pokémon games to date.
>>
>>31576682
That doesn't affect the meta in a game-changing way at all. Things like weather, Megas, and terrains do. Quit trying to sound like you know shit, you sub 1200 shitter.
>>
>>31579480
Yeah, unwallable sweeps aren't gamechanging at all.
>>
>>31572689
Best games yet desu
>>
>>31572689
A fantastic pair of games that, while not perfect, really stand out after the series of disappointments that was Gen VI.

Sun and Moon have a distinct tone and character of their own, and they introduce a wide variety of memorable Pokémon designs, characters and locales. Z-Moves make for a fun addition to battles that don't feel as forced, marketing-wise, as Mega Evolution. The games, while not particularly difficult, at the very least required actual thought to get through, which is refreshing, again, in comparison to what's come out before.

Sun and Moon are ultimately only really held back by Game Freak's typical incompetence when it came to waiting again for Bank, Mega Stone distribution, etc.
>>
>>31572689
Enjoyed the story. Stopped playing them about a month ago though, the post game was very disappointing.
>>
File: sm trainer happy small.png (99KB, 281x382px) Image search: [Google]
sm trainer happy small.png
99KB, 281x382px
>>31572689
Love the new Pokemon designs. Bug types got pampered this gen in terms of designs, like Golisopod, Araquanid, Buzzwole, etc.
Otherwise it's a comfortable game that I enjoy playing, like any other Pokemon game.
>>
>>31579573
>locales
No.
>>
>>31572689
I loved it. It was the most fun I've had playing a Pokemon game. It was mostly because of the story though, so it will not be the same on my 2nd replay. Still, even without replayability, it is my favorite in the series.
>>
>>31572689
Liked it a lot, had fun.
>>
refreshing compared to X/Y, but i'm disappointed in the post game. a lot of good improvements though. 8/10
>>
Mostly liked it.

I felt the totem battles were a lot more interesting than Gym battles, since your opponents use various stratagies against you (for example Wishiwashi summons Alomomola which can Heal Pulse it to prevent it from losing school form and use Helping Hand to power up its moves).

I really like regional variants and hope they'll make more. Alolan Muk might have become my second favorite 'mon.

Some stuff bothers me. Parts of the stories felt like wasted potential (UBs in general, only Nihilego really did anything, rest was just a side thing in the postgame). PSS is gone, which I'll miss dearly. No mega stones for certain 'mons (really sucked since I bred myself a shiny Beedrill for Sun/Moon before they released, since I didn't own ORAS).

But overall, I think they were neat. I'm wondering what they'll do next. What sort of other game will be part of the seventh generation and will it adress any of the issues?
>>
>>31576116
>IV Judge is now far away from the daycare again
What did he mean by this
>>
>>31572689

Story was neat, easily my second favourite after bw/bw2.

Getting HAs/egg moves/good IVs feels easier than ever before, so competitive is less of a grind to get into.

>Bad
Way too much handholding/tutorials

I miss horde EV training and ORAS's bottom screen
>>
>>31572800
Lol I second this.
>>
Sun and Moon rank very bigly on my list simply because they made it easy to get into competitive with legitmons. It's easier to check IVs and it's easier to get 6IV Pokemon, and that's really all you need to enjoy online. Back in the old games, you had to manage fighting injectmons and this was a huge issue because if you wanted to use a legit legendary, you would have to soft-reset for good nature AND good IVs. Y'all complain about no postgame but in all honesty, actually having a shot at winning online matches is all I need to be able to occupy myself.
>>
IMO

HGSS>SM>ORAS>=BWB2W2>E=PL>FRLG>GSC>DP=XY>Yellow>RS>RBG
>>
Plus
>breaking the gym formula
>interesting story
>the closest thing to a full character arc the main games have ever had
>lot of great looking designs
>Pokepelago
>Pokerides
>reintroducing apricorn balls
>father can pass down the ball now

Negatives
>low mon count, again
>felt like the NPCs were holding my hand the entire game
>Lillie feels like the actual protagonist and you're just along for the ride
>no Natdex
>half the mega stones are missing
>SOS system is much more frustrating than the Horde system it replaced
>underwhelming stat spreads on many of the new mons
>godawful encounter rates on many new mons
>restricted fishing spots
>the poke finder is absolutely pointless and a waste of development time
>I get that Triple/Rotation battles can be stressful on the framerate, but what possible reason would you have for removing the Inverse Battle guy

Overall it was a little disappointing to be honest.
>>
>>31580404
pre much same
anon has good taste
>>
File: 109384029.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
109384029.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>31572689
I really enjoyed it. I found myself enjoying every minute of the main story (no idea what people mean by "too many cutscenes," they must have hideous ADHD to not be able to handle a little bit of storytelling), and as soon as I finished I jumped into competitive and shiny hunting. Already over 250 hours and not stopping yet.
>>
>>31572778
This. Also the map is tiny compared to previous gens (except for gen 6) and there is a lack of exploration.
>>
>>31581714
>Lillie feels like the actual protagonist and you're just along for the ride while doing all the actual work while she just blabs on about her lazy mary sue character development that doesn't actually affect anything that gets accomplished.
ftfy
>>
>>31581625
Great taste. Can't really argue with this.
>>
I havent touched the game in weeks and i dont feel i want to. I havent had this even with XY and that says a lot

If the second game of gen 7 will be Alola 2 i might aswell choose gen 7 as the worst in the series yet
>>
>>31572689
Loved it, favourite Pokemon game by far.
Wished for more post game, but doesn't bother me anyway.
>>
File: BrigetteBREAKthrough161.jpg (93KB, 407x539px) Image search: [Google]
BrigetteBREAKthrough161.jpg
93KB, 407x539px
I'm not even mad, I'm fucking impressed than game freak managed to make a game worse than ORAS and XY
>>
Oh hey, its the guy posting the same boxart picture and talking about the honeymoon phase. Then furiously frothing at the posts how everyone who dared to liked the game even a bit is a shill.

And newfags are responding seriously, because of course.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.