[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 292 BP of no damage.png (64KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
292 BP of no damage.png
64KB, 320x240px
>venoshock has 65 BP
>times 2 against poisoned opponent becomes 130
>plus STAB becomes 195
>merciless against poisoned opponent boosts to 292.5 BP
>against super effective target becomes 585 BP

>Toxapex only has base 53 special attack, reaching 115 at lv.50 with boosting nature, max evs, and perfect ivs
>special attack isn't even its highest offensive stat
>still learns venoshock by level up

It's like they're trying to trigger my autism on purpose.

Actual discussion topic, at what point do attacks with absurdly high base power start to make up for low offensive stats? For example, if I give my Sylvally a normal gem and teach it explosion, would I even need to bother with setup beforehand in order for it to OHKO anything not immune?
>>
toxapex is a defensive mon.

if you want to venoshock shit use tentacruel
>>
>>31572051
>toxapex and salazzle will never trade their signature abilities
Why even live?
>>
>>31572069
Obviously, that was kind of what the complaining was about. Though I prefer a timid nihilego with special attack beast boost.
>>
>>31572081
Fuck Salazzle. Crobat should have got Merciless. It has room for a second ablity and it goes perfectly with its stats.
>>
File: 1482630952247.png (610KB, 909x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1482630952247.png
610KB, 909x1179px
>gamefreak gives poison the best attacks and abilities, but will never, ever make a pokemon that can actually use them
>>
>>31572135
>what is ice, physical electric, grass, and bug
>>
>>31572160
Bug already has several strong pokemon to use its best stuff, physical electric doesn't even have attacks outside thunderpunch, wild charge, and several exclusive moves, grass has been a reliable staple as subseeders or sunny sweepers for multiple generations now, and ice's attacks and abilities are all really generic aside from aurora veil.

Poison is the only one that has the tools but nothing to use them.
>>
Despite its stats, Toxapex's Merciless-boosted venoshock will still do some pretty significant damage. Never enough to OHKO but adds to the pain of Toxic and a good move to use when you don't have anything else to do. Much prefer it to the suggested Scald sets.
>>
>>31572051
So, I did a bit of math.

If we treat Merciless's boost as an equal boost to Toxapex's special attack instead of an autocrit (works because commutative law), this puts its maximum special attack at lv 100 as 337.5. This actually beats out Tentacruel's 284 maximum special attack at 100, but is lower than Nihilego's 388 SA.

That's slightly better than I was expecting (tenta already does huge damage with venoshock), but the low speed still kills it as an offensive option and Tentacruel has full power with attacks that aren't poison type, making it a better sweeper.

I don't know why they bothered, really.
>>
>frail special sweeper is given an ability that lets it poison anything
>bulky defensive mon is given ability that makes every attack crit on poisoned opponents

WHY GF?
>>
>>31572346
>Haha I don't really know
>>
File: 289.png (23KB, 402x313px) Image search: [Google]
289.png
23KB, 402x313px
Awe man that sucks. I'm sorry.
>>
>>31572336
Merciless works on nonpoison attacks. I went through the game scalding shit that resisted (but wasn't immune to) poison after toxicing it. Or if it was weak to water.
And just scalding it normally if it was a poison or steel type.
Merciless Tox was the backbone of my team.
>>
h
>>
>>31572480
Oh. That's actually significantly better, thanks.

>>31572408
Man, Slaking is my bro for life. I used to use one with max HP that could survive hits from adamant Gyarados with six dragon dances, counter back for obscene overkill, then use slack off to recover the damage. It wasn't optimal, but the look on people's faces when it'd stop a normally guaranteed sweep was priceless.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.