[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokemon rip-offs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: medarot.png (180KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
medarot.png
180KB, 540x360px
ITT: Pokemon rip-offs
>>
>>31570192
I give medabots a pass, not only because they were awesome but because the idea of having custom toys for fighting is different enough from pokemon.
>>
>>31570192
Don't go there dude, just dont
>>
Medabots Pokemon RIP off??? How?
>>
>>31570192
Pretty sure Medabots is a JoJo ripoff actually.
>>
>>31570192
Medabopots are Rip off of Robopon.
learn your mons.
>>
>>31570192
This one was pretty decent. The GBA game (the RPG) was fucking amazing too.

Mixing body parts was the best part of it. Something you couldn't do in Pokemon.
>>
>>31570192
Still had a better anime though
>>
Medabots are ripoff???
>>
>>31570192
What are you talking about? Medabots was the shit.
>>
>>31570192
Mixing robot parts and having them go into battle was cool all on its own.
Fuck! I miss robo fighters. I need to replay Custom Robo Arena.
>>
File: Shin_Megami_Tensei_The_First.jpg (139KB, 241x388px) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Megami_Tensei_The_First.jpg
139KB, 241x388px
This garbage series
>>
>>31570414
Didn't Medabots come out before Robopon?
>>
File: DIGIMON+ADVENTUR[1].png (202KB, 689x441px) Image search: [Google]
DIGIMON+ADVENTUR[1].png
202KB, 689x441px
>>31570192
>>
File: MonsterHunter.jpg (25KB, 535x401px) Image search: [Google]
MonsterHunter.jpg
25KB, 535x401px
>>
>>31570192
This triggers me. There is very little similarity, plus the fact that medabots is fucking great
>>
>>31572017
(You)
>>
What qualifies something as a Pokemon rip-off, /vp/?
Genuine Question
>>
File: 55644446_p0.jpg (297KB, 720x1184px) Image search: [Google]
55644446_p0.jpg
297KB, 720x1184px
>>31570192
Not every mon game is a fucking Pokemon rip-off you nigger.
>>
>>31572738
I can't be sure if OP is aware of it (I'm pretty sure most people in this thread don't know it), but Medarot (or Medabots outside Japan) is basically a monster-collecting RPG where in this scenario, the monsters are parts. It began on the Game Boy and every major release comes in pairs, being Kabuto Version and Kuwagata Version (Metabee Version and Rokusho Version in the one game that was localized outside Japan).

But the series began during the Pokémon boom (as did many "paired" handheld games about collecting monsters), which is what I assume qualifies it as a ripoff. The anime is actually incredible though, and it was finished being subbed finally last year. The animation itself is fantastic, the music is good, the humor is pretty great, and the action is high-octane (the third cour just doesn't let up), and the story is really good.
>>
>>31573027
>is basically a monster-collecting RPG where in this scenario, the monsters are parts.
By your logic the megaman network series would also be considered a pokemon rip-off, because medabots and megaman network are pretty much the same.
>>
>>31573076
Everyone who likes Pokémon also will like Battle Network, that's a fact, but it's obvious that the decisions to start doing paired versions with Battle Network 4 (Battle Network 3 White was actually just regular Battle Network 3 in Japan, and Blue was called BLACK and released months later as a deluxe version) was based on Pokémon's success. You can even see this trend back on the Game Boy with the beginning of the Devil Children series for MegaTen, despite the fact that Megami Tensei was being a monster-collecting RPG nearly 10 years before Pokémon.
>>
>>31570192
>22ND CENTURY

Fuck off that shit was awesome and not a rip-off
>>
so me and my friends were thinking of making tcg thats a mix of MtG (mana usage, colors don't really signify type), Pokemon (all monsters that use energy/mana for attacking), but the monsters use other cards to upgrade their attacks (like digi-modifies in digimon tamers) and positioning plays a role as to how you attack (like 3-way battles in pokemon)
how retarded is this idea?
>>
>>31573273
That was actually an English dub thing. The series actually takes place in 2025 if I remember correctly.
>>
>>31573498
Really? Oh well...the english theme song still rocks anyway
>>
>>31573498
>2017
>still nowhere close to having children's fighting robots

Why live
>>
>>31573273
It's time to battle, for a battle. TILL YOU DROP
>>
File: ff.jpg (20KB, 409x250px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
20KB, 409x250px
>>31570192

>Friiiiiied ricea!!
>>
>Everything is a ripoff
>Nothing is ever a homage, inspired by, or a reference to
>>
UNLOCK IT CLAIM IT YOU CAN TAME IT
UNLOCK YOUR DISC
>>
>>31572623
(You)
>>
File: 1449301910063.jpg (32KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1449301910063.jpg
32KB, 500x370px
>>31576417

Of course, there's no such thing as middle ground on the internet. Everything either has to be one thing or the exact opposite.
>>
Dungeons & Dragons
>>
Medabots is the best merch anime ever made.

Prove me wrong.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.