[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nuzgen/ - nuzlocke general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 250px-VSIlima.png (41KB, 750x150px) Image search: [Google]
250px-VSIlima.png
41KB, 750x150px
"Why am i always the one who have to start the threads you faggits" edition

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges

>nuzgen discord chat
https://discord.gg/WPDUYd8

There's always interest when a /nzg/ thread is on but people don't create then when they reach paige 10 so they die. How can we fix this?

Also i'm starting a hack for Sun/Moon focused on nuzlocke, gimme tips on how to make the experience as miserable and hard as possible. Already got a nice surprise in store for totem gumshoos/raticate and Ilima (:
>>
File: 24-002.jpg (1MB, 2450x2000px) Image search: [Google]
24-002.jpg
1MB, 2450x2000px
Also i've finally beaten Ruby. yaaaay.

Dang this was harder than i remembered it being. Bullshit crits forcing me to change my team near the end (thanks for fucking criting earthquake and killing my Swampert in one hit somehow Groundon) didnt help
>>
What are some good Nuzlocke comics? I haven't read any in years, not since Hale's Emerald ended.
>>
>>31569777
Wait people actually read the nuzlocke comics? I thought they were memes only

Also nice trips
>>
>>31569956
The guy who have name to nuzlocke has a pretty damn good fire red one
>>
so how hard are SM for a nuzlocke run? might wanna try it now that bank is out.
>>
>>31570016
>so how hard are SM for a nuzlocke run?
slightly more troublesome than normal if you don't use EXP share and refresh till the last island where it becomes hardo modo

eezy peasy if you do till the fourth island, when it balances out, but refresh bonuses are still OP and can carry your team
>>
>>31570016

Can be rough in places due to bosses actually having EVs in particular stats and high IVs. I didnt find the Exp Share broke the game that much, on the first island you almost need it just to minimise grinding, but you won't need it on the whole game. Until perhaps the last island.
>>
>>31570224
>I didnt find the Exp Share broke the game that much
never grinded and the weakest mon in my team was at least 10 levels higher than totems/trial captains before poni island

exp share is not that bad for casual playthroughs where you change your team a lot but you don't do that in nuzlockes so your team ends up ridiculously overleveled

very few opportunities to die to random trainers and their 1-2 pokemon max too before the last island
>>
>>31570237

I turned it off after the first island though (or slightly into the second, I forget) and didn't turn it back on again until around Po Town. Throughout the midgame this kept me at the level curve.
>>
>>31570259
Even in the first island only, you end up so higher than Hala that he becomes (even more of) a joke. Beaten him with my raticate even because i was faster and hit harder anyway, he never even used his z-move

But hey you do you mang
>>
>>31569459
Kind of tempted to start a Moon nuzlocke run but I recently finished my regular Sun playthrough so I'm afraid I'd get burned out

Is the game harder than ORAS at least?
>>
>>31570303

I was I think two levels tops above Hala, and only with Trumbeak. Trumbeak just wins if you're evenly levelled anyway. It was at that part of the game I realised I was slightly overlevelled anyway, it was my first run of Sun.
>>
>>31570314
>Is the game harder than ORAS at least?
Way harder. More fun to nuzlocke too. SOS calling is annoying though
>>
>watching nuzlocke playlist on youtube
>spoilers on vid names and thumbnails

why people do this?
>>
Doing a Sun Wonderlocke this very moment, facing Olivia at the league. I only lost 3 pokemon surprisingly, two to Hala 5 minutes ago.
My rules, other than the regular ones, were:
>No Healing during battle
>Exp Share off
>Can't have more than 6 pokemon in the replacement box at a time (not counting Solgaleo since you're forced to catch it)
My team is
>Mamoswine (honestly the best of my members)
>Golisopod
>Alolan Muk
>Lucario

Deaths:
>Mareanie (died to a wild salandit's dragon rage)
>Alakazam (died to Hala's Primeape's Pursuit)
>Gyarados (died to Hala's Crabominable's Ice Hammer crit)
>>
File: 20170128_090033.jpg (460KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170128_090033.jpg
460KB, 2896x2896px
Currently arrived in celadon city. Pretty mad I lost paras and drowzee so early. Anyways should I take the eevee as my first encounter or should I get a dratini from the slots? I have 1300 coins and dratini is 2800
>>
>>31570601
Aaaaand I lost. I admit defeat, I only have Golisopod alive against Kahili's Crobat. Fucking confusion. I don't wanna redo the E4 tho, since I do want to get good natures for Buzzwole, Kartana and Cosmog (Lunala). Guess I'll revive mamoswine and end it.
>>
>>31570601
>losing mareanie
that sucks
>>31570683
oh shit you lost
tuff luck mane

>>31570643
mirin' that bird box
>>
what stops someone in a nuzlocke run just training on harmless wild pokemon until they're high enough level that nothing phases them?
>>
>>31570692
Yeah, no healing is a bitch, I do have Leech life on golisopod but it wasn't very helpful at all
>>
>>31570699

Lack of satisfaction.

Too bad to the anon wonderlocking, it's the first time I've seen anyone wonderlocke SM. I had a wipe in Soul Silver to Blue's Gyarados recently, I could have easily won if I'd played differently, but hindsight is a bitch eh.
>>
>>31570730
but presumably everyone doing a nuzlocke run trains like this to some degree

or is it a common rule to forbid training on wild pokemon?
>>
>>31570699
yourself? i mean, why would you even nuzlocke if you don't want the challenge? that's why many people impose even more restrict rules like gym leader level cap, no items, no buying stuff etcetera

>>31570785
there are no rules against training
you even need to when you lose a pokemon and need to get a replacement from the box

people just usually stop when they reach an acceptable (read - strong but not stronger than your opponents) level. you're your own judge, if you want to grid to lvl100 and walk over everything its your game anyway
>>
>>31570785

There's no rule in place per se, but generally people try not to overgrind too much as it defeats the point of the challenge.
>>
>>31570699
patience
self-limits
spoiling the fun
>>
why does RNG hates me, lads?
>>
How do i fast forward in original hardware? I want to nuzlocke old VC games but they're so slow
>>
That stupid fire breathing fuck and his stupid fire breathing duck destroyed my beloved slowpoke north of Goldenrod with Faint Attack. The first one didn't have it, didn't think the second one would.

:((((((((
>>
File: IMG_8941.gif (1MB, 676x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8941.gif
1MB, 676x510px
I'm about to start a Moon Wonderlocke.
I'm hoping to get good mons from WT because of bank

Wish me luck.
>>
>>31573424
you lost to that juggler with two magmars? GS or HGSS?

>>31573653
here's hoping for many yungoos fampai (:
>>
Here's my current team from
>>31570643

I just beat erika and will be making my way towards the cycling road soon. Rip veggies :<
>>
>>31573878
>having to use Onix

I'm so sorry for your loss
>>
>>31573878
How did you lose him?

May he rest in peace
>>
>>31573890
She's doing really good honestly. And if I keep her until Blaine I'm pretty sure she'll destroy all of it alone
>>31573995
I lost him against Giovanni in the game corner. And it actually evolved right after the battle but it still fainted so.. but vileplume is doing just as good so I'm happy. It could've been worse
>>
>>31574104
>She's doing really good honestly.
No Onix ever do good

Soon you shall realize the truth
>>
>doing a moon nuzlocke
>down to 1 pokemon
I only have my beloved drifloon bloop left but I think he can carry me I just beat fagboy and his smeargle
>>
>>31574379
how did you get a drifloon so early?
>>
File: 205Forretress.png (328KB, 762x600px) Image search: [Google]
205Forretress.png
328KB, 762x600px
ME EXPLODE
YOUR MON DIES
OCEAN OF SALTY TEARS
>>
>>31573679
HG
My Slowpoke was underleveled, I was too careless.
>>
1-4:Rowlett
5-8:Litten
9,0-trannyseal
>>
>>31576292
>stuck with the dead owl

lol
>>
File: body ready any time.jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
body ready any time.jpg
5KB, 276x183px
>>31576307
>implying it isn't my favourite of the 3
>>
Hijacking this post >>31571477 for some replies!
>>
>>31576462
blue and crystal hacks that remove gaining experience if you don't want to nuzlocke or the ones that make every battle a double battle

drayano hacks if you want to? most of the others fall into the bullshit category he said
>>
>lost my Jolteon in Leaf Green]
This has been rough stuff. Thankfully I have Primeape, Gyarados, and Venusaur all pulling their weight.

How the fuck am I supposed to deal with Psychic types in this game?
>>
>barely began and already lost 3 team members

This is not going so well

>>31576962
>How the fuck am I supposed to deal with Psychic types in this game?

aint vileplume dark or something?
>>
>>31576996
It is grass/poison dawg
>>
>>31577009
Thought it was retconned to dark type in gen III, never used one

Oh well
Get a fast, hard hitting attacker and pray for the best
>>
File: 120938190321.jpg (17KB, 310x306px) Image search: [Google]
120938190321.jpg
17KB, 310x306px
>lost my burd and haryiama right before Flannery
>only have Sceptile and Lombre
>no capture routes open, only a HM slave zigzagoon on the pc

Well i'm fucked
>>
>>31569777
>Ky-Nim's Diamond (complete) and White (nearing completion).
>Firenose's Fire Red (last update I saw was at Lorelei).
>Landwalker's Yellow (comic stops around Rocket HQ, but the guy posted the plot summary of how the comic was going to end).
>protocol00's Heartgold (comic stops around Rocket base in Mahogany Town) and X (updates after long periods of time).
>>
>only two same type mons
>trying to train my new catches
>they all get crit'ed instantly

SEND HELP
>>
Doing a Sun nuzlocke, currently, this is my team so far(Currently in Hauoli Graveyard)
Black Sabbath (Rowlet)
Kraftwerk(Magnemite)
Moody Blues (Abra)
The Hand (Makuhita)
Grateful Dead (Gastly)
The Box:Gold Experience (Ledyba)
Retired:Blackmore(Wingull)(Died to Illima's Smeargle)
Yes,this is a JoJo reference
>>
>>31578146
IS THIS A JENGA REF...
>Yes,this is a JoJo reference
damn you

also seems like stuff not from gen 01 is not allowed to live in your team
>>
>>31577407
Doubt and Trust is an HG/SS Gijinka Nuzlocke. Updates slowly, but what's there is good stuff.
FireRed KickAss Mode is a fucking gem, too.
>>
File: 20170128_195431.jpg (682KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170128_195431.jpg
682KB, 2896x2896px
>>31573878
Rip veryhungry. Well, pretty fucking disappointed I lost him to a fucking weezing (that only used sludge). Now I'll have to rely on mellow to take on the poison gym
Do you guys think I should take meowth or switch it out with gastly?
>>
>>31578778
use meowth, he deserves more love in nuzlockes
>>
>lunatone survived two times in the same battle with 2 hp

thank you RNGesus
>>
Do you adjust or modify the standard Nuzlocke rules for SM, given how large the routes are and other differences from past games? Do you use Exp. Share?

Here is how I've been doing SM nuzlockes (in addition to standard rules):
No using Refresh
No Exp. Share

SM Nuzlockes have been hard in my experience. Haven't finished one yet.
>>
>>31578146
How the fuck are you playing encounters for your run? Every patch of patch throughout the city is a different encounter?
>>
>>31579641
Minimap is divided into several areas, and said areas have some named subareas in them. That's what i base my "where to catch shit" policy on

No exp share and no refresh. I don't even think Exp Share is as bad as it was in XY, i just don't like using it. Refresh is unbelievably broken though and if anyone uses it you should be deeply ashamed
>>
>>31577407
>Landwalker's Yellow

Can confirm, it's been years and it's still one of the best nuzlocke comics out there. The ideas that were there and in the plot summaries were some really cool shit.
>>
>wiped by a ninjask that double teamed for the first three turns and was untouchable the entire time while it fury cutted my entire team without missing a single one

I hate this game so fucking much
>>
>>31579999
Quads have spoken, Refresh is for babbies.
>>
>>31580694
Lol sorry but that's pretty funny. What version?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.