[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most well-designed dungeon in Pokémon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Shoal Cave.png (797KB, 726x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shoal Cave.png
797KB, 726x600px
What is the most well-designed dungeon in Pokémon?
>>
>>31560551
Whirl Islands probably.

Silph Co is nice the first time you face it, but then you quickly learn the fastest way to do it.
>>
RSE Victory Road
>>
>>31560551
I've always liked chargestone cave
>>
>>31560656
I do like the level design of Chargestone Cave although the interruptions from N, the Shadow Triad, Bianca and Juniper hampered the experience for me somewhat.
>>
>>31560551
Poni Canyon
>>
>>31560614

Whirl Islands was horrible. Completely trial and error without a guide, and needing Flash is the icing on the shitcake.

I'm going with BW2 Victory Road. Massive, sprawling, hard as hell, but multiple routes and areas. I'm also really fond of Reflection Cave, it's really pretty and the gimmick that trainers can see you through the reflections was really cool.

Mt Lanakila would have been fantastic if it was longer and there was more to do, the atmosphere was great.
>>
File: cerulean cave.png (284KB, 434x4172px)
cerulean cave.png
284KB, 434x4172px
>>31560551
cerulean cave, red and blue version.

yellow version started the "bats in every cave" meme.
>>
Does sevault canyon count? That was pretty good.
>>
>>31560990
Poni canyon was pretty boring.
>>
Literally anything that isn't Mt. Coronet.
>>
>>31561477
>bats in caves are memes

No anon, bats in caves are common sense
>>
File: no escape.gif (2MB, 324x239px)
no escape.gif
2MB, 324x239px
>>31560614
>Whirl Islands as a kid
>get stuck because I already used Flash on some shitmon that I boxed
>>
>>31562389
did he ded
>>
>>31562267
So is needing to shit but it's not in the games
>>
>>31560551
Mt. Coronet
>>
>>31562397
Not him, but i hope so.
>>
>>31562623
if not him, then who do you hope died? the cameraman?
>>
>navigate through Rock Tunnel in the dark because I couldn't be arsed to teach any of my Pokémon Flash
>continue doing this with almost all caves in future games
>Flash becomes even more inert since they give you such a large radius of light
Feels good man

Yet again, Z-Flash sounds pretty useful. How well does the accuracy drop and evasion boost combo work?
>>
>>31562777
I'm pretty sure most people got through Rock Tunnel without Flash. You could actually see the walls pretty clearly in gen 1 anyway.

Z-Flash does what Flash does normally and then gives you a single evasion boost. The drop isn't boosted, it's still 1.
>>
It's sad that Poni canyon ended up being about the same comparable difficulty as Mt Moon. I think I'm gonna go for Seafoam islands. The lack of trainers is a plus because of the trial and error the random encounters are enough on their own. It's also not 100% clear why you're there and doing it, when I encountered Articuno in there it was a complete surprize. I honestly had no idea what the whole thing was there for. On that note because I was retarded and only 8 I ohko it and hadn't saved for ages. The same thing happened with Lugia, which on that note is essentially like Seafoam Islands 2.0.
>>
>>31562891
>You could actually see the walls pretty clearly in gen 1 anyway.
That's true. I can't recall if Gen 3 made it completely dark though.

>Z-Flash does what Flash does normally and then gives you a single evasion boost. The drop isn't boosted, it's still 1.
Yeah, I know that, I was wondering if both factors really work in your favor. It's no Sand Attack 6x, but it has to do some decent stalling.
>>
>>31561062
>Whirl Islands was horrible. Completely trial and error without a guide, and needing Flash is the icing on the shitcake.
>he fell for the convenience meme
>>
>>31562998
Ah, sorry dude, no idea, never used it.

Gen 3 gave you that tiny ring of light around your character. Harder than being able to see the walls, but still perfectly fine.
Gen 2 was the one that made it completely dark, iirc.
>>
the gen 1 articuno dungeon is still the best one
>>
>>31562068
Wouldn't that be more like a route?
>>
File: ice path.png (26KB, 266x223px)
ice path.png
26KB, 266x223px
>>31560614
>>31560656
>>31562068
>>31562777
very good choices, but sadly, not quite the best
>>
>>31560614
first post best post
>>
Mt. Coronet
Ice Path
Whirl Islands
Silph Co.
GoldenRod City Tunnel
Team Rocket Hideout
Seafoam Islands
Mt. Mortar
Cinnabar Mansion
Mt. Moon
Rock Tunnel
Diglett's Cave
Cerulean Cave
Victory Road
Power Plant
Mt. Silver
Union Cave
Tin Tower
Dark Cave
Dragonspiral Tower
Frost Cavern
Team Flare's Hideout
Turnback Cave
Oreburgh Mine
Stark Mountain
>>
>>31563529
came here to post this.
And it's so good to see a cave without trainers.
Really feel like a mysterious place.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.