[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/-Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 52

File: 1484857777941.jpg (7KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
1484857777941.jpg
7KB, 250x150px
Notable romhacks: http://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
Making a romhack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP
Gen 4-6 hack tools: http://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR

RMXP/Essentials
Engine: http://pastebin.com/G5PdvaGD
Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

Places to share fangames:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/
http://reliccastle.com/forums/

Topic of the thread:
Maps.
Build Maps.
Share Maps.
Rate Maps.
Discuss Maps.

NOT THE INJECTION GENERAL.
WE DO NOT INJECT.
IF YOU ASK, YOU CAN GO INJECT YOURSELF.
>>
TODOKETE
SETSUNA NI WA
NAMAE WO
TSUKEYOU KA SNOW HALATION
>>
>>31555510
Anyone making maps? Share them! I love maps.
>>
>>31555510
There's no elation like Snow Halation
>>
File: c1WnBBK.png (90KB, 1616x1336px) Image search: [Google]
c1WnBBK.png
90KB, 1616x1336px
>>31555533
Rangi recently posted a partially-expanded Kanto from his hack (it has RBY's widths, but not its vertical lengths yet).
>>
>>31555533
>>31555617
what do you guys use to make maps and those large, full images of your maps?

>>31555554
>555554
fug you were so close
>>
>>31555958
Advance Map or rxmp. Big images like that though, there's a way to do it but you can google it yourself or just fuck with paint for an hour.
>>
File: uh.png (29KB, 528x265px) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
29KB, 528x265px
>>31555617
Legit the best hack I've ever played. No cringy gay shit or lolxdrandumb changes
Rangi has pretty much killed anyone else's Gen 2 revamp project.
>>
>>31556359
Forgot how thicc she is
>>
File: gym1.png (15KB, 319x383px) Image search: [Google]
gym1.png
15KB, 319x383px
>>31555533
From Amaryllis
>>
>>31557409
Are there multiple floors like in Lavaridge, or is the Gym just really simple?
>>
>>31557437
Pretty simple because it's the first Gym. Maybe I'll add multiple floors though, that's a good shout...
>>
>>31555510
So is this a meme now
>>
Anyone have the JPAN's Engine tool?
>>
Anyone ever added evolution-methods in Essentials?
>>
>>31555617
>that water and cave between bill and power plant
What's that? Wasn't in vanilla, what is the purpose?
>>
File: 1485519007514.png (293KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485519007514.png
293KB, 800x600px
FUCKING LIVE DAMMIT
>>
File: em route 1.png (96KB, 576x816px) Image search: [Google]
em route 1.png
96KB, 576x816px
For those who didn't see it I'll repost my Route 1 to keep /heg/ alive.
>>
>>31558810
that's actually really nice anon
>>
>>31558810
There is something weirdly simple in this route 1
>>
File: Starter Town.jpg (250KB, 768x640px) Image search: [Google]
Starter Town.jpg
250KB, 768x640px
Sharpening my block editing and mapping skills, rate this piece.
>>
>>31559441
I'd put a few flowers near the houses. Scenery feels too green
>>
>>31558854
I made it a year ago actually, though the map was intended for FireRed, but I switched to Emerald sometime a few months ago when I resumed hacking

There's a lot of ugly tile errors. Try and spot them

>>31559107
A good way or bad way?
>>
>>31560357
I dunno, feels like it's a bit tight
>>
>>31560373
A tile or two wider couldn't hurt, the problem is adjusting it because Advance Map is a wonderful tool that hasn't aged a day
>>
>>31558810
Simplistic. Comfy. I need to see more of your work, anon.

>>31559441
The path is weird - it doesn't go to the other houses, they're just sitting on the grass.

The trees around the grass patches make the town uncomfortable to navigate, they're sticking out too much.

I do love the setting and the beach though, I just think the house layout needs work.
>>
File: early forest.png (107KB, 800x736px) Image search: [Google]
early forest.png
107KB, 800x736px
>>31560456
I hate to burst your bubble, but I consider that awesome map to be a fluke. A fluke I put a lot of time into, but a fluke nonetheless.

However though its entrance/exit aren't properly tiled yet I suppose I could share pic related. The idea was to have a forest that scaled in elevation while having small passageways used for Cut shortcuts. I might end up redesigning this place when I do my overhaul of my hack's plot, which was a little low-effort because I wanted to be more Gen 3/4 styled and to not accidentally sour it with one character getting 3000 extra lines of dialogue over everyone else or something.
>>
Can you people post your romhack link?
>>
I'm looking for a composer.
Join this discord link if you can compose, username is meme.
https://discord.gg/9mgNVA4
>>
>>31559441
>literally my mom's pallet town
>>
>>31560905
ARE there any composers here?
>>
>>31562876
fuck off max :^)
>>
>>31562905
I know it's you
>>
Anybody here from the UK?
I have exhausted my wikipedia and google fu on researching England cities and towns and places of interest. I need to get a feel for the region, but I feel so lost.
I'm doing
>Grass Nottingham/Sherwood forest Robin Hood
>Fire for Manchester
>Water for a mix of Bath, Tenby, and Liverpool
>Light and electric are both in London. Since London is so large, I'm doing two cities like how Celadon and Saffron are both based on Tokyo
>Ground for Gibraltar/Cornwall
>Psychic for Oxbridge
>and Steel for Birmingham and Leeds
>>
Gonna die again edition
>>
I'm working on a demo.
Won't be the main game, but more like a playtest of mechanics and features aimed for a later cut.
Think the Sun & Moon/ORAS demos
It will take place in a section of the regional map and host a few quests.

Some mechanics planned for the demo:
>The Pokétab w/ Porygon OS
>A few select PokéRides
>New Battle and Dialogue system
>Following Pokémon for "Scout Pokémon" only
>Introduction to the Sound Type and PokéBodies

I'll also showcase some important characters throughout the game.

There is a reward in the final version for playing through the demo. Haven't decided what.

I plan to release this demo before May
I'll be back to posting progress webms like the good ol' days :^)
>>
What is everyone's thoughts on starters? Is it a must to have three starters to pick from, or are you okay with there only being one a la Prism, but having lots of variety in the wild encounters early on?
>>
File: test.png (26KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
26KB, 768x432px
>>31565740
I'm not sure about the "lots of variety". I think that it shouldn't have a LOT of mons to capture very soon, what would vanish the sense of progression. As a matter of game design, I'd say that the player should perceive progression not only about new species, but more species.

In my opinion, having three options of a three monsters evolution line each is great, but giving just one monster is a cool approach, depending of what you want with it. If you want to give a shitty mon just as a placeholder, maybe it would work. Eevee works great too, since the player have lots of options about how to take care of that Eevee... It's more about thinking of what you want to communicate and what you want the player to feel, and then thinking if it achieves your objectives, I guess...

>>31565664
I'd take care about the select PokéRides. Excluding a fan-favorite monster from the options could result in disapointment. I'd love to know more about the new Battle and Dialogue system.
What are these PokéBodies?

And here's a quick screenshot from my game. The main character from Pokémon Sage is just a placeholder, please, don't worry about him.
>>
File: Kanto.png (107KB, 1656x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto.png
107KB, 1656x1480px
>>31555617
Now it's fully resized!

>>31555958
I have a Python script that renders the individual maps' blk files to png, but I assemble them myself in paint.net.

>>31556167
Thanks! ^_^

>>31557769
That's Cerulean Cape. It lets you access Dim Cave to travel between Route 25 and Route 10.

I'm not quite done with Kanto. The sea routes still need sandbars for more trainers; the southeast bay needs an island; and I'll probably add a sea route across from Route 21 to Route 18, with water currents like in RSE.
>>
Anyone got a good tileset with snow tiles?
>>
File: kanto-filled.png (57KB, 860x772px) Image search: [Google]
kanto-filled.png
57KB, 860x772px
>>31566999
Filled in the blank spaces.
>>
>>31557451
It doesn't really look like a first gym to me, it feels like something you'd face as the final gym, like Clair's or Drayden's.
>>
>>31566753
First off, PokéRides work a lot different than Sun/Moon. You basically summon a wild pokémon from the area to assist in tasks, so there are lots of options in pokémon available.

The battle system is a blend of gen V - VII.
It uses aliased animated sprites for less pixilated animation and has visible scenery and trainers at all times. Also, I'm implementing different camera angles and menu as well.

The Dialogue system is still being designed, but I plan to use some sort of mugshot and cutscene mechanic to portray more emotion while keeping up the pace of the game.

Pokébodies are effectively secondary abilities
Like Scizor gets the Abilities Swarm, Technician, and Light Metal
In MM, Light Metal is a PokéBody that halves weight and boosts speed
So it can have Technician and Swarm as Abilities, but will always have Light Metal as it's inate bodily ability
Levitate is also a PokéBody, so Latios and Latias now have Telepathy as their natural ability and Illusion as an event exclusive hidden ability
Also, Pokémon like Blastoise get new Pokébodies, like Thick Shell, which cuts damage done by ballistic moves
If done correctly, it can really balance the game.
Like Garchomp would get the PokéBody Rough Skin and Sand Veil as it's only ability, so not much changes.
Parasect will get a new Pokébody that combines Effect Spore and Dry Skin
And a lot of grass types get passive regeneration in the sun through Photosynthesis
>>
>>31566999
>>31567222
What the fuck is that water place next to Bill's house?
>>
God damn, the flood is immenent.
>>
>>31567582
That's really great implementation.
I especially like the levitate pokebody.
I feel like GF should have done that already what with Mew and the like.
>>
>>31568046
Yeah I want to try some things with legendaries especially.
Like Levitate + Surge Tapus, because they need to be nerfed RIGHT NOW. I'm kidding. I think.
>>
>>31555489
bumping to save
>>
Push through
We can fight this
>>
>>31567629
Cerulean Cape. You can go through a cave straight to Route 10.
>>
So, I have light type aka Holy type aka Quintessence is my game. I'm not asking for advice on if I should add it. I know
>Dark means evil in japan bro
>Psychic is holy bro-It's not
>Fighting is holy bro-It's not
I just need your opinions on this type chart
Light
>Strong against Ghost, Poison, Dark, and Dragon
>Weak to Grass, Ground, Steel, and Dark
>Immune to Poison and Ghost
>Doesn't affect Steel and Grass
>Resists Fire, Rock, Water, Flying, Fairy and Bug
>Resisted by Electric and Ground
I think its all fucked up and honestly sounds op when I write it out. Help me sort this mess out.
It's meant to be a defensive support type. Most Light type pokemon are support tier. Only Empyrial (Excalibur) and a few others are actual attackers.
>>
>>31569336
Meant to say
>Resisted by Light+Electric
>>
>>31569336
Does your type resist bug? Then it's wrong.
>>
>>31555617
Hey I just started playing Polished Crystal a few days ago. I haven't gotten very far yet, but holy shit this is like the hack Ive been always looking for. While Lyra (design-wise) is "too new", her supporting personality simply fits. Grats. This is literally the best Gen 2 romhack experience.
>>
>>31555617
Love your hack. Any tips for an aspiring hacker? There are so few resources available.
>>
>>31560525
I like your style, you don't overcomplicate maps. Very early gen style, which I like.
>>
>>31565740
If you only go with one your story better back up the lack of options.
Othewise, three. Two or three stage, whatever; they should either be in a triangle or true neutral. You don't HAVE to have the rival pick type advantage, that's kind of an artifact of gen 1's dickhead rival and 2's wannabe edgy rival that seemed to have become tradition - and having them pick disadvantage isn't a real shake-up to formula. You could have variety of type, because that's fun - like three dragons or something. You could do like Drayano and pick three shits with okay evolutions and buff them/change the moves a little.
If you're going to go with traditional choices though, use one generational set and be done with it. I guess you could stick more in the Safari Zone, but don't expect to find starter pokemon native to a region just because they first appeared in that generation's debut game - after all, Sudowoodo was an unknown Pokemon in Gen 2, there was only 1 in the game, and no Bonsly. Native to Johto? Not at all.
For fun, let me tell you about my first hacking experience: I was going to do Eevee, Pichu, and Cubone, buff stats all around, and have Cubone ultimately evolve into Kangaskhan. Is that retarded in hindsight or what?
>>
>>31568046
>>31567582
>>31568350
Certain game did a similar thing but then it got hit with C&D.
>>
>>31559441
>>31559520
>>31560456
>>31561330
Half an hour later
>inb4 grass in town
Can't get to it without surf
>>
File: Starter Town Round 2.jpg (250KB, 768x640px) Image search: [Google]
Starter Town Round 2.jpg
250KB, 768x640px
>>31570309
goddamn it
>>
>>31570317
It does feel more complete now
>>
>>31570317
Can't you just have tides blocking it, or an NPC saying pool's closed due to sharpedo or something?
>>
>>31570482
What do you mean tides? Is the half-sand/water tile walk-able? Player shouldn't be able to reach it until later in the game when they come around to pass the town en route to another location...
>>
>>31564925
Ice for Scotland?
>>
>>31570072
Huh. Which one?
>>
What would be the hardest, yet "possible" (as in no scripted battles to lose or a level jump of 20) pokemon hack to Nuzlocke?
>>
>>31571477
Cuckold Emerald, but that's more of a nuzgen question
>>
>>31571510
Ah, sorry for posting in the wrong thread then!
>>
>>31571477
Insurgence?
>>
>>31570596
Just looked at the behavior bytes myself - answer is no; same as water tiles.
>>
>>31570317
You need to let the map breathe more, it feels very cramped. I also hate that diagonal use of trees, but that's more a stylistic preference I suppose. I'd widen the space between the left house and the lab and have more empty space on the cliff.

Cliffs also look bad when done diagonally like that; try and make the edges either wider or longer, instead of 1x1.
>>
>>31571595
No problem. Please post your run progress in nuzgen for me. There's a buddy of mine who wants to see that general come back to life again.
>>
File: hires.png (19KB, 732x301px) Image search: [Google]
hires.png
19KB, 732x301px
i'm going to unfuck my back sprites.
>>
File: Starter Town Sprite Mock-Up.jpg (263KB, 768x640px) Image search: [Google]
Starter Town Sprite Mock-Up.jpg
263KB, 768x640px
>>31571848
How is this? I feel the sand combining with the cliffs gives it an overall peninsular look and better curvature.
>>
>>31571979
Not him.

Feels better, man. I think some different type of tree in the beach or a beach house in the bottom right would make it better, but it does feel better now
>>
>>31571979
I think it loosk much better, like >>31572046 said a beach house wouldn't look out of place.

I do think the tree in the centre of town looks too small, is there a larger tree you could use there instead?
>>
>>31571979
The lab needs space on its sides, and its cliff probably shouldn't be touching the house.

I actually like the staggered trees, but they're inconsistent with the upper grid-layout ones.
>>
>>31565740
I'm fine with either. Just don't make your single starter Eevee, I've seen way too many fangames where you start with Eevee and nothing else.
>>
>>31566999
>>31567222
>now it's fully realized!
Based, and checked.
>>
>>31572046
>beach house
That'd be fun
>>31572070
>is there a larger tree you could use there
Nah, I don't want to mess with the nine tile tree
>>31572138
>they're inconsistent with the upper grid-layout ones.
Yes, that's true.

Alright anons, thanks for the help! I'll keep at it.
>>
>>31565740
My preferred choice is traditional FWG with each starter being from a different gen.

I'm alright with a one starter thing, but I despise how Prism did it because I know if I made the exact same game but made Nosepass the starter people would trash me for it even if I buffed the line to be as viable as any other starter in single player. KBM only got away with it because Tyranitar is a kaiju and that will never not annoy me.
>>
>>31571898
I want Kojo to breed my ass so bad
>>
File: 1484667233541.jpg (40KB, 472x339px) Image search: [Google]
1484667233541.jpg
40KB, 472x339px
So i never played X/Y or Alpha/Omega, but I was told just skip Gen 6 since it wasnt noteworthy and to play Rising Ruby or Sinking Sapphire. Is that a good idea or anything else I should play?
>>
Breed me faggot
>>
>>31573702
Breed you...what? Breed you with a member of the opposite sex? Breed you a Pokemon? Breed you a human? Breed you a...
>>
>>31572865
I would recommend also skipping ORAS, but if you're going to play an ORAS hack you may as well play an XY hack. Eternal X/Wilting Y is decent, though no hack will ever fix the horrible characters in XY.
>>
File: 1485484598201.png (350KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1485484598201.png
350KB, 500x441px
Anyone got a link to the new updated and compiled Pkehex?
>>
Hey Max, if you're around: did you ever get the footstep sounds working in Essentials okay? How'd you do it?
>>
>>31574048
Not Max but
Parallel process, RMXP lets you store terrain tag as a variable, think you can figure the rest out
>>
>>31574095
That seems inefficient compared to a script, honestly. I'm fine with scripting it, but if I recall Max was running into an issue where the sounds would need to load and lag the game or something. Could be wrong on that though.
>>
>>31569336
>Light
>Weak to Grass
It's shit.
>>
File: Field Steps.png (15KB, 574x230px) Image search: [Google]
Field Steps.png
15KB, 574x230px
>>31574048
It works, but it causes lag if not fully optimized.
I wouldn't suggest doing it yet.

Search "Events.onStepTakenFieldMovement" in "PField_Field"
These are the edits I made in Blue
Unremark the red arrow to get sounds specifically for specific terrain, specific to this case: grass.
>>
>>31572865
I wouldn't recommend skipping ORAS. They're only bad due to the lack of a post-game, the actual main part of the game is pretty good. However, if you can find a hack that adds post-game content or makes the difficulty more your taste, then go for it.
>>
>>31574608
Ah gotcha. Thanks for the heads up and for the script!
>>
>>31574601
Well, my thought process was, and try to keep an open mind please, is that Grass absorbs Light, Steel reflects Light, things underground are hidden from light, and as in damn near every rpg game/fiction ever LIGHT AND DARK are polar opposites of each other. I think that logic is sound.
It still sounds OP on the offensive side which I was hoping you all could help me with that.
>>
>>31574630
Thats what i think I'm going to do. Any recommendations?
>>
When was that pastebin updated? 2015?
>>
post fucking maps you faggots
>>
Any resources for Gen II hacking? I wanna make a Crystal hack.
>>
>>31558810
It's very expansive and different take while retaining what a beginning route should be. Nice job.
>>
>>31563221
pepep has entered /vp/
>>
>>31571979
This is very nice! Nothing to be changed at all.
>>
>>31576455
Thanks! I did end up putting a little beach house and adjusting the sand/grass accordingly and staggering the rest of the trees but otherwise left as is.
>>
>>31555533
Been planning on working on a region that's island based but I'm not sure how to tackle it. I want each island to be big enough to explore and not just be a couple of towns only having one major thing to do there. Actually have each be something to really invest in and appreciate. I believe it's possible it's not like each area has to be a certain size for the world map I'm more concerned creatively with what feels like the right size.
>>
>>31576146
Well for starters, all Gen II hacking these days (not counting old unfinished hacks whose creators are still working on) are done via disassembly hacking. It's pretty much editing the game from its source code, and it's a lot easier than the old methods of hacking.
https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal

This is a good tutorial for basic things regarding pokecrystal:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378692

A lot of what you'll learn is basically learned through poking around the files and learning what things are though, it definitely takes some getting used to if you want to hack this way, especially if you're used to the old ways. The #pret IRC is a good place to ask questions about how to do things if you're stuck, and you can of course ask here as well.
>>
>>31575808
>When was that pastebin updated? 2015?
Yes. I've been putting off updating it because there are some old, not-very-good hacks (or not good by modern standards) in there, and I want to cull some of the worst ones before piling on even more. I want to set up some kind of thing where everyone plays specific, predetermined hacks from the list and rates them, and if consensus says it's bad it gets removed from the list, but I haven't taken the time to organize how it would be done, whether it would be here or in a separate thread or what.
>>
File: 1473185452892.png (170KB, 384x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473185452892.png
170KB, 384x400px
>>31577003
Thanks, I appreciate it.
>>
bump just for you meme :3
>>
What they said.
>>
What content is in your ideal ROM hack or Essentials game? Not necessarily one you're making, but the one you want to play.
>>
Is adding more eevelutions still too cringy?
>>
>>31579216
Of ultmost importance:
>Nice graphics/art/mappings

Good and would love to have, but I can play without:

>Decent difficulty
>Nice story

Things I would love to have but know it's a far away dream:

>Story on the level of Mystery Dungeon Explorers
>Cutscenes included
>>
>>31579223
Not if justified either by story reasons/plot point or in a game with already some fakemon.
>>
Do anyone want to post a link to their romhack
>>
>>31579216
fakemon and graphics that isn't generic 3rd gen frlg bullshit.
>>
Don't die on me now, /heg/.
>>
h-hi a-anon
rate my m-map
>>
LIVE THREAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31581621
boringsquare/10
>>
File: hot spicy meme map.png (119KB, 961x768px) Image search: [Google]
hot spicy meme map.png
119KB, 961x768px
>>31581621
I just used whatever tiles I had lying around in my game to make this but this is how I would do a small cozy snow starter town in like 20 minutes
>>
>>31581621
Not a bad start, but needs improvement. Very square in the corners, even for Pokemon. You could easily compress this map by making it smaller and moving things closer together. Your tree shadows are off too, if that's something you're interested in fixing.
>>
>>31581920
That snowless rooftop rustles my jimmies.
>>
>>31576857
Probably not. In XY and SM, the player model is made up of multiple models stitched together, due to the character customization. Since ORAS didn't have customization, the player only had one model, which made it easy to replace.
>>
File: surf.gif (154KB, 540x210px) Image search: [Google]
surf.gif
154KB, 540x210px
Is it okay to ask about hacks? Sorry butI'm not familar with /heg/.

Haven't played true gen 1 since around 1999 with yellow, normally just played FR/LG, however I feel like trying it for some nostalgia. I was thinking of just downloading yellow but decided a hack could make it more exciting to revisit it. In the suggestions pastebin it suggests red proud eyes but I was interested if anyone has any other other suggestions?
>>
>>31582291
Red++ is amazing
It has color and a fuckton of pokemon
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=336256
>>
>>31582414
Damn, I'm torn. Proud eyes has a charm with just kanto pokemon but that red++ sounds really cool. Will probably just go with red++, thanks anon.
>>
>>31582500
both are worth playing if you have the time imo
>>
>>31582558
Definitely will just not sure which to do now. Thanks again.
>>
How do you guys feel about a Psychic type variation of Venoshock called Heart Break that does double damage to infatuated pokemon?
>>
[][][]|| [][]||
[]|| [] []||
[][][]|| [] []||
[]|| [] []||
[][][]|| [][]||
P R O P S
>>
>>31583036
*3D Props
>>
Late night bump
>>
How did you guys come up with a storyline/evil team?

I have some rough ideas but have no clue how to put them together. Especially without it seeming childish/edgy.
>>
>>31581621
Literally my mom's pallet town but with snow
>>
>>31584682
It's all about execution and dialogue.

Let's take Reborn for example. That game does have decent dialogues. Characters do feel human and don't seem forced in their actions. It has a dark setting and that by itself doesn't make it edgy.

Problem is that it keeps throwing in your face how dark it is. "Prayers for this forsaken city" etc.

Now let's take Mystery Dungeon Explores of Time/Darkness/Sky. The future is destroyed and nearly everything is ruined we even see that when we go there. Also, we had to go through Grovyle "dying" on us at a point and our character as well. This didn't make the game edgy, because they pulled off a nice execution.
>>
>>31582115
Obviously generates a lot of heat; that's how helicopters find meth labs and illicit grow ops (with infrared, but the only house without snow on the roof is a good place to start)
>>
File: suffering.jpg (41KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
41KB, 640x852px
Anyone else love romhacking but hate how poorly everything interacts with everything else? It seems like every rombase has zero interaction with any tools, and each tool has some kind of unmentioned, negative interaction with each other. It's just insane trying to keep up with and fix everything that pops up.
>>
>>31586242
There's an easy solution there mate ;^)
>>
>>31586491
>>31586242
Give up.
>>
>>31586491
you mean by hanging myself
>>
>>31586242
Not hard. PGE and G3HS work with MrDollSteaks patch if you replace the included inis and rename the ROM to match/set BPRE to MrDS in the hex editor.
Don't just any purported 7fuck-odd base.
Don't use any base with undocumented free space/flag/var usage.
Make backups religiously
Don't be a retard.
Don't listen to that little faggot meme. Keep at it.
Probably don't use the learners quick enhancer either, it's prone to fucking your shit up.
>>
>>31586780
>>31586796
It starts with an E...
Explore the popular forums for tutorials, fixes and patches for custom builds.
>>
>>31587199
fuck you
i'm not a faggot
>>
>>31585217
You have a meth lab in your game?
>>
>>31587431
>>31586242
Essentials, guyyyyy
>>
File: 1452705991663.jpg (167KB, 1200x1773px) Image search: [Google]
1452705991663.jpg
167KB, 1200x1773px
>>31586242
Clearly the solution is for everyone to switch to disassembly bases for all the games. Easier said than done of course, a single disassembly takes years and there's no complete Gen 3 disassembly, but it would be the ideal, no worries about having fifty different tools that all fuck with each other.
>>
Time to bump this dying thread with a question.

Is the RPG Maker VX Pokemon pack considered as horseshit?
>>
Cumming~~~
>>
>>31589745
why is there like a fuck ton of black space
>>
>>31590157
Dummied out bottom screen
>>
Does Bank support Romhacks in any way? Like, can I inject a VC Red 151 hack and somehow import these Pokémon in as well?
>>
>>31590254
I don't know how much people have tried to mess with it regarding its boundaries of what is or isn't legal. Only thing I've heard is any Mew that doesn't have the exact ID and OT from the Mew that came with the RBY 3DS bundle will fail the hack check. There's no location data in RBY though, so a 151 hack might pass as long as movesets and levels add up (no Level 2 Nidokings).
>>
is it possible to fix the battle speed of Platinum and everything else that makes it so sluggish? It flew over my head when I was 10 but now I notice it and it is bothering what is otherwise a pretty solid title.
>>
here's a less shit version of the map i made.
>>
>>31590660
you certainly arranged the houses in a better way but the overall map still feels very square and manmade. I'm not sure what you'd look for in a map of if it's even that big of a deal but if it is try to examine your favorites and think of what would hold up to those.
>>
>>31590323
Transfer won't recognize my injected VC title... Sad!
>>
>>31589582
Did not know it existed
>>
>>31556167
>Making legendaries normal encounters
Dropped
>>
>>31590771
>but the overall map still feels very square and manmade
It's a town
>>
>>31591299
dubs confirm game is shit
>>
>>31587199
I see, thank you for the advice. I didn't quite understand a few of the things you said, but I'm sure that's why the "keep at it" one is so important, huh?
>>
>>31589582
Even worse.
>>
>>31591563
fuck off
>>
What happened with pokemon clover?
>>
>>31591996
demo coming out SOON
>>
>>31592168
my cock is ready
fucking release it you faggot
so i can steal some sprites
>>
File: hi there!.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hi there!.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>31592201
>>
>>31592201
>Stealing sprites
>>
I custom installed some GBA games, namely the mainseries pokemon games. How do I edit the saves of them now?
>>
can we just kill the thread
>>
File: ANGERY.png (542KB, 510x490px) Image search: [Google]
ANGERY.png
542KB, 510x490px
It's been a while since I've been here, when did we get all these shitty trips?
>>
>>31593050
The shitty trip called Max has been around for a relatively long time, since before /rhg/ changed into /heg/ I think. He's fine on his own.

The shitty trip called Meme is some guy from the Discord chat who keeps shitposting with Max, which has been aggravating.
>>
crashing this thread with no survivors
>>
>>31590658
As long as you don't care about the soundtrack being sped up, here: http://www.pokemontrash.com/club/rom-hacking/(astuce)(nds)-romhack-passer-dpphgss-en-60-fps/
Works for all gen IV games.
>>
>>31593182
Meme is literally /ourguy/
>>
Does anyone have a code.bin for No outlines and qr for 1.1v moon?
>>
I can't find an Emerald ROM to save my life, could somebody give me a hand?
>>
>>31593589
as a cia or just a rom for an emulator?
>>
>>31593645
ROM for an emulator.
>>
>>31593654
literally search up pokemon emerald rom
>>
>>31593654
https://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_ROMs/Pokemon_Emerald_(U)(TrashMan)/45224-download

First thing when I google "pokemon emerald rom"
>>
>>31593684
I've tried that one and it doesn't work. It might be VBA-M but I wouldn't think so.
>>
>>31593695
have you used any other emulator? I used to use Virtualboy and that worked no problem
>>
>>31593695
I'm retarded and didn't read the "README" file in VBA-M. I'll go end my life now.
>>
>>31593719
what was the issue?
>>
>>31593725
Quote from the file
-Improve automatic 64k/128k flash save detection
- Pokémon Emerald hangs with white screen when no save state exists and wrong flash size is selected
>>
>>31593695
Your screen is blank and white upon loading the ROM, isn't it?
>>
>>31593719
>>31593757
>>
>>31593742
Its good to post your issue just in case other anons are having the same problem. glad your issue is solved
>>
Are there any tools for Sun/Moon editing yet? Wanna make the Battle Tree bosses into fights outside of the Battle Tree and modify some Totems.
>>
>>31591430
The trees aren't. Just make it a little more natural looking is all.
>>
>extra hard romhack
>still 5 levels over most pokemon I face

exp share off, barely even grinding hope it gets better
>>
>>31593281
hm from what I've seen in mind crystal it doesn't seem like the music is any different. Are you sure it's faster or is it not that much of a change. Lastly would this work on real hardware using a flashcart?
>>
>>31592337
Maximillion, post some more progress webms. Showcase your new implementations. You got good stuff.
>>
hey anons, any promising 7gen difficulty hack so far? waning moon and rising sun have edited movesets and shoves evry pokémon into the region, which I dislike, plus I can't seem to find the latest version
>>
Bump for sleep
>>
>>31596815
nigga please this thread is destined to die
>>
>>31596889
wish it wasnt desu
>>
File: 3D_Battle.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
3D_Battle.webm
3MB, 512x384px
>>31595579
Still have plenty to add, but this what I have so far on the battle engine.
>>
>>31597241
So does the screen shake more the heavier the pokemon is?
>>
>>31593182
Its basically anime girl bot commands and the cringiest shitposting
>>
>>31583030
This sounds awesome, I wish it was a real move. It would make using Cute Charm pokemon more interesting.
>>
We need more Attract gimmicks, but it should come at the cost of an Infatuation nerf. Any ideas? Should it be similar to paralyze? Should it have a shorter turn count (currently 5 to 6 turns). Should it NOT prevent the Pokémon from attacking, but maybe they deal less damage? (Potentially allowing for set-up counterplays while the Infatuation wears off, or something)
>>
>>31597241
lol what a piece of shit

we've moved to full 3d years ago and hackfags are still stuck in the middle ages with their pixellated animated sprites

sorry but it looks and will always look like a turd
>>
>>31598624
Unity 3D fangame that is actually good when. I want that.
>>
bumo
>>
j-just for you, m-max-chan
>>
File: route 10-11.png (288KB, 1280x1639px) Image search: [Google]
route 10-11.png
288KB, 1280x1639px
Here is a map I made, I know the sea looks bad, I still need to make an autotile for it.
>>
>>31601157
The grass taking up the bottom two tiles of the trees looks weird. The ends of the cliffs at the bottom also look off, I think it's the sloping sand looking too similar to the flat sand.

The gaps in the fences filled with trees also look strange.
>>
File: 1484491053886.png (766KB, 1200x3680px) Image search: [Google]
1484491053886.png
766KB, 1200x3680px
>>31599918
You now remember Pokemon Clover.
>>
File: Screenshot_25.png (8KB, 59x63px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_25.png
8KB, 59x63px
>>31602556
>got 0 for winning!
>>
>>31602556
>posting the old one
>>
>>31602615
Fuck, there's a newer one? Post it.
>>
File: Collage.png (857KB, 1200x4160px) Image search: [Google]
Collage.png
857KB, 1200x4160px
>>31602639
>>
guys, i need some advice for someone who knows nothing about romhacking but wants to start

what's the best gen to make hackroms?

i was thinking about using hgss/bw/bw2 and then downgrade the graphics a bit (if possible). the idea is to take a somewhat recent game and work with it. i like the overworld effects in gen 5 but as far as i know, bw/bw2 used a 3d engine instead of sprites like older games.

i imagine gen 5 hacks are harder to modify, but still i'd like to know if i could work with it (like changing the overworld sprites for gen 4 ones). i dont know if im retarded for thinking this, but i assume that gen 5 games have more memory and have less restrictions than previous gens.

also, i'd like to know if i could make the hackrom a patch like prism, i've seen that its harder for jewtendo to c&d you if you make a hack game. i dont know if the whole patching thing works only on the first gens, but i guess it's a lot harder to do
>>
>>31603036
3. Unless you can do 3D modelling, you can't change the maps in Gen 4+
>>
>>31603194
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>31603194
I thought you didn't need 3d modelling for maps until gen 5.
>>
bumo
>>
>>31603036
Gen 3 is definitely the most popular, with lots of tools and modifications and such. Gen 1/2 also have their benefits due to their disassemblies, but if/when the pokeruby disassembly is completed that advantage will go out the window and 3 will be universally the easiest to work on.

>>31603377
Gen IV is just as "3D" as Gen V, it's just less obvious because Gen IV doesn't have the fancy camera angles as often. In areas like the top of the Radio Tower in HGSS it's really obvious that the overworld is 3D.
>>
>>31604899
Fair enough, then. I've seen some map changes in a Platinum hack, butt that explains why there isn't much of map editing in Gen 4 games.
>>
Don't you die yet, /heg/.
>>
I've been trying to play emerald on my 3ds as a cia. But I was wondering if you could extract the same somehow? JKSM doesn't work, should I just use a emulator on homebrew instead?
>>
shill me a hack while i wait for polished crystal 3.0
>>
>>31607731
Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers! It's like a PMD game!
>>
>>31607749
no
>>
>>31607918
But it has the best dialogue!
>>
where are the sun/moon romhacks reeeeeeeeeevv
>>
File: 1484446256879.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484446256879.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
Rising Ruby is the GOAT romhack
>>
>>31604983
>>31604899
>>31603377
>>31603194
So, are we truly doomed to Gen 3 dreck...?
I really wish there was at least a way to map in this style.
>>
>>31610170
You could try a later-Gen hack if you really want to, but it would be a very uphill battle.
>>
>>31610170
Like it sort of makes me sad cause I want to realize my vision as perfectly as possible and having to settle for 2d Gen 3 style sorta depresses me
>>
>>31610177
Mapping wise?
I am shit at programming.
>>
>>31610188
Why do people always assume for rom hacking you need programming knowledge?
You can use C for advanced gen 3 hacking but almost noone does that.

Most rom hacking goes through tools. Gen 3 has an absolute shit ton of them.
The reason gen 4+ isn't hacked as much is because it lacks a good, bug-free map editor.
>>
>>31610450
in 5 years we will be stuck with gen VI shit reeeee
>>
File: 89547a289d5d314e6e9f8d8c519fd4ec.jpg (362KB, 2924x2130px) Image search: [Google]
89547a289d5d314e6e9f8d8c519fd4ec.jpg
362KB, 2924x2130px
>>
can I use genned pokemon in the battle spot singles in Sun and Moon?
>>
File: Tenby-Harbour-image2.jpg (113KB, 1000x325px) Image search: [Google]
Tenby-Harbour-image2.jpg
113KB, 1000x325px
How come I never see harbor/seaside starter towns? It's always a mountain or a forest. Pic related is what my starter town is based on.
>>
>>31555555
>>
>>31610733
1st, 2nd and 5th gen starter towns were "seaside".
>>
>>31590660
only 1 house has a letterbox
also the trees are too orderly; they are mostly a square around the outside and then a couple placed directly adjacent to houses. also only one house has bushes, and the path is quite inconsistent (smaller in the middle below the presumed gym, for example)
>>
>>31555617
>All the towns are square
WTF I love square towns now
>>
File: Laffing.jpg (96KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
Laffing.jpg
96KB, 800x437px
>>31602655
>I smoked weed! I am cool!
>>
>>
>>31597241
I'm not that much into Essentials because I fucking hate the performance of any project made with it, but is there any reason to spend time in something like this when Luka's Elite Battle System is a thing?

>>31598624
>hackfags
>Max's using Essentials
This triggers me so much.

Anyways, welcome to the Pokémon Community, where literally just a small couple of projects are actually made in 3D. Hell, I just know the Pokémon Unity Engine and Pokémon3D myself.
>>
>>31611379
Are you making a 3D game or something?
I heard unity was an incomplete half job.
>>
>>31611569
What did he mean by this
>>
page 9 bump
>>
>>31611379
>>31611557
There's no good, let alone, complete 3D engine
It's something I want to work on at some point.
Also, getting hung up on 3D makes no sense when 2D hasn't even been fully explored
>>
>>31611379
Because this is aesthetically empty and this allows for actively changing scenery.
I can represent the exact scenery of any overworld tile in the game using my script.
All I have to do is associate a position and sprite.
>>
File: 1454306104588.png (32KB, 464x452px) Image search: [Google]
1454306104588.png
32KB, 464x452px
>>
>>31591563
Your best bet is reading through tutorials before you begin and learning the 'language' of hacking. Flags, offsets, vars, scripting - all very important. I've heard bad things about both G3HS and PGE, but Gamer2020 (PGE) will address concerns directly at his git.
If you find yourself overwhelmed, it might not be for you. It's hard if you have zero programming/coding knowledge or understanding to begin with, but persistence and hard work will enable you to make a basic hack.
If all else fails, try essentials. The language is easier for a beginner and the maps have broader possibilities - the only real advantage to hacking is that hacks have an air of prestige to them because they are so inaccessible to an ignorant neophyte. Plus they feel like an authentic Pokemon game when done well - see Gaia, for example, which blends original tiles and custom tiles together very well, with many more modern features that integrate seamlessly and give it a professional polish.
Good luck.
>>
File: tumblr_mnd5mbJ5la1s5v4pgo1_500.gif (617KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnd5mbJ5la1s5v4pgo1_500.gif
617KB, 500x375px
I fear my plans are too ambitious for Essentials and romhacking what with the gen 3< limitations.
I'll post all the things I am hoping to accomplish (when my fucking computer ever arrives) and you tell me if it's impossible/impractical with Essentials.
>>
>>31610450
You can't make a good hack without at least a little assembly know-how. Who the fuck wants to play Yet Another Retread Fire Red 2012: Update Soon I Promise (Pls to Kickstarter Patreon)?
>>
>>31617329
Tell us now asshole
>>
>>31617333
If by assembly know-how you mean inserting already made routines, then yes.
You dont need your own custom asm to make a good hack. Also, good hacks are subjective as always.
>>
File: faced.png (74KB, 539x176px) Image search: [Google]
faced.png
74KB, 539x176px
>>31617348
Lol brace yourself
>>31617329
>Bond training-Let's you take your favorite to levels beyond its natural limit eg Ash's Pikachu. Like permanent Mega evolution, but without the appearance change. Sometimes, the type does change though.
>Sky battles
>SOS calling
>Hordes or at least 3 wild encounters at once
>All the gen v phenomena eg Rustling grass, shadow from flying pokemon
>Mega evo
>Revamped double battle system for more dynamic battles
>Combo moves expanded for instance using Earthquake and then using Surf transforms Surf into Tidal Wave aka Tsunami that's like a stronger version of Surf that also creates a muddy field.
>PokeCall-A guy tweaked the Pokeflute to let one summon a pokemon to perform tasks normally required with HMs. Bye bye HMs. Hello Pied Piper.
>Different emotions expressed by faces that are shown in the dialogue bar like pic related
>Expanded item synthesis and crafting for instance, like finding recipes in KH and bringing them to a forge. Thinking about a recipe for crafting an equippable charm that works like serene grace.
>Battle Clubs instead of gyms-Imagine if you joined a gym and that was your team and you faced other gyms in a sports league type style. Its like that. The gym leader is the captain and all the battles are double battles.
>Dynamic Bar- I'm a little iffy on this one, but it's like battling done in the anime. A bar that allows dodging and executing quick moves like a counter attack in the same turn. Supposed to make battles faster and more exciting...don't know about it though
>>
>>31617944
MAS
>Light type and Fairy type
>Physical+Special split
>Added Light type moves
>New abilities
>More Pokemon interactions in the overworld eg a line of Cryogonal that flies about a castle causing the floor to freeze creating those slippery ice tiles
>>
File: disgust.gif (810KB, 410x354px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.gif
810KB, 410x354px
>>31617944
>Sky battles
>SOS calling
Do you just want them to say "hey look I could do this" or did you actually like either of these?
>>
>>31617944
>>31618099
Aren't you the England region guy?
>>
>>31618209
In the North, beyond the Wall (Hadrians wall), in what is analogous to the Scotland Highland,lies a kingdom in the mountains populated by people who are thought to be the first to harness pokemon for flight. Their whole way of life is flying pokemon.
I really like immersion. It makes sense in context.
>>
File: jvsIqgz.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
jvsIqgz.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>31618221
>>
>>31618221
Lol What's funny is I know so much about England now thanks to a fucking fanmade pokemon game.
>>
>>31617944
Essentials, with its Ruby scripting, is probably your best bet compared to ROM hacking or writing an engine from scratch.
>>
>>31618473
How much of what I posted is impossible/impractical with Essentials?
Especially these
Combo moves expanded for instance using Earthquake and then using Surf transforms Surf into Tidal Wave aka Tsunami that's like a stronger version of Surf that also creates a muddy field.
>PokeCall-A guy tweaked the Pokeflute to let one summon a pokemon to perform tasks normally required with HMs. Bye bye HMs. Hello Pied Piper.
>Different emotions expressed by faces that are shown in the dialogue bar like pic related
>Expanded item synthesis and crafting for instance, like finding recipes in KH and bringing them to a forge. Thinking about a recipe for crafting an equippable charm that works like serene grace.
>Battle Clubs instead of gyms-Imagine if you joined a gym and that was your team and you faced other gyms in a sports league type style. Its like that. The gym leader is the captain and all the battles are double battles.

>Bond training-Let's you take your favorite to levels beyond its natural limit eg Ash's Pikachu. Like permanent Mega evolution, but without the appearance change. Sometimes, the type does change though
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.