[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fakemon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

File: fakes.png (135KB, 1342x1394px) Image search: [Google]
fakes.png
135KB, 1342x1394px
The last Fakemon thread lasts 3 days, ca we keep it up?

Post fakes and rate eachothers designs/taste.

Here's my fakedex.
>>
>>31553859
They look more Yokai than Pokémon.
>>
>>31553873
I've never heard that before, what is ti about them that makes them more like Yokai? I've never paid much attention to Yokai watch at all.
>>
File: 22659763.jpg (2MB, 2494x3127px) Image search: [Google]
22659763.jpg
2MB, 2494x3127px
>>
>>31553859
I've seen your fakemon in many threads before. May as well finally rate them all.

>Rosall, Pangrose, Thornolin
Literally bootleg Chespin.
>Lichard, Licharch, Lichargon
Love these. Final evo looks like it should be part Rock but it doesn't matter honestly.
>Teally, Spouter, Chaivory
Also love these. Chaivory is a god-tier name too.
>Joeyoung
The concept of having a kangaroo as the Rattata expy is really cool, but honestly it looks like literally my mom's kangaroo.
>Larvheir, Royalis, Monarking
Really good concept-wise, especially with the literal monarch butterfly motif. Spritework for Monarking looks a little flat though.
>Beaxe, Reaven, Execrow
Love these; no problems with them. I especially love how it doesn't stay overused Normal/Flying.
>Conkle, Conknut, Conkaur
Great concept and designs. My only concern is that Conkaur looks completely like a Grass/Dragon and nothing like a Grass/Rock
>Unnamed Superman bug
Good concept, sub-par execution. First two stages look too similar and the final stage would look better if the two capes weren't sticking out to the side.
>Anglure, Trawlure
Honestly not very creative and Trawlure's design looks too unnatural for my tastes. Trawlure having an Anglure as its bait is a pretty fun design perk though.
>Marswine
I don't understand this one. Is it supposed to be based on the planet Mars? If that's the case, why is it green and Ground/Poison?
>Swovil, Prinswo, Arthord
Swovil is good and clever, Prinswo and Arthord are literally my mom's just-get-bigger knights.
>Tinaga, Arnaga, Lenarga
Honestly not good. It's just a generic haunted object. Arnaga and Lenaga (which I'm assuming are split evos) just look like thinner/fatter versions of the same mon.
>Onigneus
Interesting design. Simple concept, but I like it.
>Duntle, Scarathrow
Literally just dung beetles. Maybe you could replace the dirtball with a ball of something else. Don't be afraid to get creative.

(to be continued)
>>
>>31554463
>Tikiti
Looks too humanoid/generic, but at least you went for a split evos gimmick instead of making it Grass/Fire (which is a huge cliche for tiki mons in fakedexes).
>Tortelm
Just a boring turtle. Also the undesigned evo being Ground/Fire only makes it even more generic. There's already 2 fire tortoises in the real Pokedex.
>Dizzipod, Boppadizz, Dizzibox
No clue what they're based on, but I love how fun they are. Boppadizz and Dizzibox look too similar though; maybe try distinguishing them a bit more.
>Nyapart
Some kind of Cheshire cat? Not bad but I think it's a little too subtle.
>Chimonarch
Cute Chimecho evo but I've seen better. Still like it though.
>Ufoid, Invother
I don't get why they're humanoid. If they were just UFOs with weird appendages, they would look more alien, which would fit the design better.
>Desguys, Inkog
Love the concept, but Inkog is literally just a bigger Desguys.
>Catic
Literally my mom's cat. Try using more static-related things. Make it look more frizzy at least.
>Repreyl, Repredare
Literally my mom's Reptar. Also looks nothing like a Grass type aside from being green. Honestly the worst of the lot.
>Unnamed weird fairies
They're just fairies, but I love the unconventional design. I feel like they have potential.
>Vanitat and unnamed evo
Pretty good. Simple but effective designs.
>Slundra, Iglopod
Love these. Only complaint is that Slundra needs to look more slug-like.
>Plowypus
My favorite of the lot. It's an unexpected concept that works insanely well as a design.
>Beacore
I feel like there's some kind of clever basis I don't know about, but honestly it just looks like an electric giraffe.
>Friguin, Crestice
Clever concept, but I'm not buying the penguin look. Make the nose look more beak-like.
>Unnamed Electric/Psychic
Decent design; not much else to say.
>Hadestruct
I like it but it looks a little too Arceus-like (unless that was intentional, in which case it's great).
>Duani
Love this one. Weird in all the right ways.
>>
>>31554463
>>31554472
This is great, thank you! I'll address some things you've mentioned:
>Conkaur looks nothing like a Grass/Rock
I chose grass/rock because of conker smashing contests and how when I was younger my friends and I would always try to find the hardest conkers. Can't get harder than rock!
>unnamed superhero bug
I actually wanted to redesign the second stage to resemble a kind of phone booth or make it look like it's wrapped in it's own cape. The cape wings falling to the side can be fixed, I think they look a little too dull anyway.
>Marswine
It's actually supposed to be marsh+swine, as it's a swamp boar, I could change the name to reflect this.
>Swovil line
I wanted the 2 final stages to be King Arthur as we see him in the Disney movie, and then the king arthur of legend, but I'm open to suggestions because I love the concept.
>Tinaga, Arnaga, Lenaga
This is enough reason to kick Lenaga out of the dex and keep it as a 2 stage evolution desu.
>ufoid, Invother
The humanoid look is mostly due to the idea that the way the main body comes from the head/UFO is supposed to look like a tractor beam that would abduct someone. Invother's many arms cling to the ground to absorb energy, which is supposed to look like a mothership mass-abducting people.
>Beacore
this is actually a very old design, supposed to look like a semi-stylised lighthouse/giraffe mix. I added it in last minute, probably needs a redesign.
>hadestruct
Yeah my legendaries all have themes of destruction/armageddon. Hadestruct is the destruction to Arceus' creation and was born at the same time. Duani represents balance, and if the two are split, Hadestruct is birthed into the world. The electric/psychic pokemon is a computer virus (supposed to have a Y2K vibe) and Infiniboros, which I haven't yet sprited/designed is an ouroboros-based dragon that has existed for as long as the universe, he is growing constantly as time exists and feeds on his own tail, which means he will live forever.
>>
What about 'Supermoth' for the Superman bug's name?
>>
I want to make a grass/fighting based on the Meteor Hammer. In case you don't know, that's basically a big heavy thing on the end of a rope, but the cool part is that it's used by swinging it so it wraps around the user's arms and legs, and then flinging it and uncoiling it at the same time so all the energy from the coil is released in the throw. I figured I could use a vine for the rope and a hard seed as the hammer, but then I realized I can't really think of any plants that have vines and large, hard seeds. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>31553934
They're probably referring to how a lot of them look like they're literally wearing clothes, as opposed to Pokemon, where the "clothes" are usually organically incorporated into their bodies
>>
>>31553859
Finished dex when? You've been posting this same image for ages now.

Also, what's Conkaur based on?
>>
>>31555251
you don't need to use a specific plant that has vines and a hard seed. You could just find a specifc seed that works for the concept, and draw it with vines anyway.
>>
>>31554312
does anyone even like any of these?
>>
File: Arachnote, Grimweb, & Bequidow.png (5KB, 440x176px) Image search: [Google]
Arachnote, Grimweb, & Bequidow.png
5KB, 440x176px
Here are a much older set of sprites I made, but I'm still kind of fond of the concept.

I was also working on another sprite, but I'd like to ask: has anyone already worked on a Dung Beetle combined with Atlas? I can't find anything like that, but I doubt I'm the first to have the idea.

>>31553859
Something that always bothers me whenever I see it is Dizzibox, because the abdomen is so... horizontal? I think you should make it look a little rounder.
>>
File: darkfairy2.png (29KB, 423x304px) Image search: [Google]
darkfairy2.png
29KB, 423x304px
For a couple of days now I have been working on a Dark/Fairy pokemon design. I'm trying to base her on this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leanan_s%C3%ADdhe. Thoughts? Right now I feel like she looks too much like a Ghost type. I'm also having trouble with what color she should be.
>>
File: 088_spoxin_by_zerudez-d6u06ss.png (306KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
088_spoxin_by_zerudez-d6u06ss.png
306KB, 1200x600px
>>
File: 072chipox_by_luisbrain-d8jx547.png (194KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
072chipox_by_luisbrain-d8jx547.png
194KB, 1000x500px
>>
File: 1465093041647.png (212KB, 1016x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465093041647.png
212KB, 1016x500px
>>
File: 046spoulder_by_luisbrain-d8nruga.png (215KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
046spoulder_by_luisbrain-d8nruga.png
215KB, 1000x500px
>>
>>31554312
>>31555935
Not really, once you get past how amazing the watercoloring is you start to notice that the designs overall don't really stand out.
>>
>>31556190 2/10
>>31558250 2/10
>>31559614 7/10
>>31559635 4/10
>>31559663 6/10
>>31559677 10/10
>>
File: Yuk.jpg (345KB, 1280x796px) Image search: [Google]
Yuk.jpg
345KB, 1280x796px
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.