[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to use this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: download (8).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
The stats are great, but I'm having trouble making proper use of it's abilities.

Sand veil is hamstrung by the fact that it requires sandstorm. Given it's high special attack, it doesn't really need the passive damage. But it also doesn't benefit from the special defense boost. However, shore up benefits greatly from the sandstorm. Yet, I can't help but feel like using a move slot on sandstorm would be suboptimal on a wall breaker, like this.

The problem with water compaction is that most water moves are special attacks, meaning you won't see any benefit until that foe is dealt with. What's more, it relies on your foe to activate, making it unreliable. Then you gotta worry about hazing and phazing just setting you back to zero.

Maybe Palossand is made for doubles? Run it with another sand abuser for sand veil. Water compaction is still tricky, though. Getting hit by super effective attacks in doubles is bad enough. I guess you could tap it with a partner's weak aqua jet or something, and simultaneously use amnesia and weakness policy, but palossand still.needs to survive long enough to do something with all of it. Then there's accelgor with water shuriken, which could activate it 2 or 3 times, but I'm afraid this could deal way too much damage.

Thoughts or opinions?
>>
>>31550923
I use it with Water Compaction, Max HP + Sp. Atk EVs and Assault Vest. Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Earth Power, and Sludge Bomb is decent coverage. In doubles, I run it with a Comfey for faster healing.
>>
>>31550923
primarina carries aqua jet sometimes for finishing opponents right?

I just got a shiny one a little while ago and he seems really bulky, reminds me of my cradily from ORAS. In both cases, I had them carry the boost move for the lower defense, in his case, I run pallosand with amnesia, although i've heard stockpile can be good too.

I like using trick room because I have so many slow mons from my sun run, and he did pretty damn well against my brother, but then again neither of us play competitively, so make of that what you will.

It might be a little too gimmicky, but maybe a weak water move under sunlight good be a good way to safely activate water compaction, like how some had avalugg run icy wind to activate camerupt's anger point.

>>31551010
>sludge bomb
that sounds really interesting actually, ill have to try that
>>
File: scraftydrinkingtea.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
scraftydrinkingtea.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
I don't wanna sound like your average dick from /vp/, but the answer - quite plainly - is that you shouldn't use it.

It's a slow, bulky Pokemon that wants to play the tanking game, but its defensive typing is simply too flawed to take advantage of. Three immunities is really nice, but weaknesses to Water, Grass, Ghost, and Dark are really hard to overcome - especially since a good number of those are Special Attacks, which target its weaker defensive stat. Its offensive stats are nothing to SNEEZE at, but they're not good enough to justify its other problems.

It might be decent in low/mid-tier Singles, but you can forget high-level Singles and Doubles. It just won't work. I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>31551010
>>31551050
>>31551075
Really appreciate the well-thought-out comments, guys. Will be monitoring the thread til it dies.
>>
Sets with Amnesia throw your opponents off guard. Couple that with a Gigalith Sand Stream and it's nothing to scoff at. That patches it's Sp.Def while giving you the possibility to heal a lot with Shore Up.

The thing is you only have two attacking slots which I prefer to be Shadow Ball and Earth Power for stab but you have to be wary of Z-moves.

Trick Room with the set above mentioned works pretty good.
>>
>>31551386
ground types don't get spDef buff in sandstorm
only rock type does.
>>
>>31551414
You're right my friend. Then more points to the Amesia boost, I really recommend it over Stockpile. It helps with survivability and makes it very tanky if your opponent can't deal with you before you set up.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.