[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A non-legendary format

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1408765091297.jpg (22KB, 312x225px) Image search: [Google]
1408765091297.jpg
22KB, 312x225px
Here's a proposal.

A Pokemon Showdown format without any legendary pokemon (including the likes of those Mystical and the UBs)

I find it annoying when I keep seeing everyone running UBs, Tapus, and Genies (and Garchomps), and we only see a few other pokemon ever make it in... who are mostly based around dealing with said legendaries.

I'd like a format that keeps the majority of the rules, while allowing all of the (or the majority of) non-legendary pokemon in.

Would you guys like this format too?
>>
Just play NU.
You'll be missing other 'mons, but you win some and lose some.
>>
>>31544189
Yes PLEASE. I am SO SICK of seeing Tapu Koko everywhere, I used to love it and its design, but now I despise it, especially since my team doesn't have a good counter for it besides Porygon-Z, and that only works if I'm already on the field and Z-Converted by the time Koko comes out. Or if it decides to attack someone else in Battle Royal.
>>
play a lower tier then you fucking retard. why do you think the lower tiers even exist, if not for that purpose
>>
No. You can try to submit it as an Other Metagame, but I predict a 100% chance that it will be rejected. People need to understand that the term legendary is meaningless in competitive. Yes, legendaries are better on average, but there are plenty of legendary shitmons, just like there are broken regular mons.
>>
Just realized OP said showdown

I still want a no legendaries allowed format for ingame as well.
>>
>>31544244
>>31544217

We're not talking about tiers, but a Iegendary free one.

>>31544248
I do understand that, but like said, the purpose is one that's more I suppose, normalized.

I think it'd be a nice meta. At the least it'd make other strategies more useful because you don't have to constantly fear the broken legendary. (Because they're either shit or broken)

Like in the DP anime, how jarring it was when they pulled out Legendaries as regular pokemon.

>>31544259
I wish they did too...
>>
>>31544189
What OP thinks he wants: a meta that doesn't have legendaries, because they're so powerful that they dominate the meta.

What OP is actually asking for: UU, but with added Garchomp and Toxapex.
>>
Post more Audinos.
>>
Was just thinking about that the other day. PLEASE
>>
>>31544189
>Would you guys like this format too?
Yes
>>
>>31544299
Then you'd just fear an unchecked Garchomp/Toxapex/Greninja
>>
>>31544189
We've gone over a dozen times why this is a stupid idea.

Not all legends of the same BST are of equal power. A rule that bans Articuno and Landorus-I at the same time is a pretty shitty rule. If there is a particular meta threat you dislike, explain why it is banworthy. Don't lump together dozens of pokemon for totally arbitrary reasons.

If you're tired of seeing trio legends, play RU or NU.
>>
>>31546652
there are a lot less people playing those tiers.
>>
This is a great Idea. Monotypes has been ruined by tapu koko and xurktree spam.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.