[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how your parents feel about your pokemon-loving ways?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

So how your parents feel about your pokemon-loving ways?
>>
>>31540406
They don't know about it.
>>
>>31540406

They don't really care. As far as I know. I mean they think it's a little weird but I've always been a little weird so it's par for the course.

They don't know about the fact that I'd like to fug some of them though.
>>
>>31540406
I play with my 3DS out in the public, they don't mind
>>
they don't care, they already know i'm autistic
>>
File: 1482632941959.jpg (65KB, 621x683px)
1482632941959.jpg
65KB, 621x683px
>>31540406
my mother gives me shit for how much I spend on merch
>>
>>31540406
>"You still play Pokemon"
>"Yeah, they're still fun"
>"I wonder what your future girlfriend or wife would think"
Usually this happens when a new game is out and I buy it. She doesn't care.
>>
>>31540406
They wish I'd spend less money on pokemon plushies. I have two kuttaris on the way…
>>
File: IMG_0033.png (621KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0033.png
621KB, 900x600px
>>31541772

>allowing your wife/girlfriend to dictate your hobbies
>>
>>31541792
>implying I would ever get one anyway
>>
My dad plays lots of vidya and Pokemon is one of his favorites too.
Whenever the new games are out he asks which one I'm gonna get so he'll get the other version for himself.
You jelly /vp/
>>
They like that I have something to bond with my younger brother over.
>>
>>31540406
My mom loves pokémon go, she is lvl 28 now. She works out all the time and at her work she has a lot of pokéstops.

So she is ok with me playing it on my 3ds. I play with my smaller siblings as well, it is pretty fun.
>>
>>31541873
This. My little brother and I used to fight quite a lot. When GO came out, he became interested in pokemon and since he knew I had previous games and cards, we started bonding with pokemon and bought SM together when it came out.
>>
>>31541846
No because my dad raped me when I was younger. I don't want to see the bastard again. :(
>>
>>31540406
They don't really pay attention to that. Also it helps that I'm not a freak dressing up in fursuits and who wants to fuck animals.

They'd probably be pretty judgemental about the loli stuff though, if they knew.
>>
>>31542032
>mom is 28
MODS
>>
>>31542219
She could have had him when she was 10
>>
>>31540406
they know the name of my favorite pokemon
>>
>>31540406
They don't know and would be ashamed to find out that I still play vidya in general. Although when D/P came out, me and my little brother had a ton of fun and bonded through our love for the games. He stopped with HGSS however, and sadly my autism prevails to this day.
>>
>>31542206
Oh they know
>>
Nowadays they dont really care

But back then when we were dirt poor and i was 8 theyd get triggered if i wanted to have that TCG deck and how expensive it is
>>
Everything is a Renamon and every game is Pokémon GO. They also always yell for me to come downstairs when the pikachu balloon flies by during the Macy's Day Parade. My mother rides, and for one of her last higher level shows she used the Victory Road music, which I thought was neat.

My mom was really excited for me when GO came out though, because I never left my apartment. My dad is a DA so he made sure I attended shooting lessons every month "just in case I got rusty."

My aunt was the one who knew all mons, she bought me and my cousin cards, the games, rented out the theatre for Strikes Back and 2000 for us & friends, etc. My late grandmother tried, too, she bought me the PC game from the early 00's, snap, stadium 1&2 and Hey You Pikachu, her favorite mon was Oddish. Her brother taught me how to draw Pokémon, since he was a professional designer. His favorite was Maganium, and he still sends me Christmas ornaments with his hand painted mons on the sides.

During pokemania, when I was 8-10 my parents used to say, "if you can remember all those moves and pokEEmons you can remember all the states and vocab words." Little did I know that they'd say the same thing during my SATs.

They were and are pretty supportive. One of the first things my mom asked me when I met my husband was, "does he play Pokémon too?" Pretty funny.
>>
>>31541846
post pic of dad
>>
>>31543513
nice copypaste the b8 worked on me
>>
File: BERRIES.png (289KB, 600x600px)
BERRIES.png
289KB, 600x600px
They know that I like video games in general, but since they know that I've worked hard to get a good job lined up and graduate from college, they don't really mind.
>>
>>31543120
Ah see, but I didn't get into loli until long after I got my own computers.
>>
>>31540406

I don't tell my parents

Video games are the same to them regardless of what it is

>It's fine to play but don't care too much over your education
>>
>>31543564
That's not copy paste mate, I just wrote too much cuz I was on the shitter

You know how it is
>>
>>31542177
The thing is, my younger brother is 14 years younger than I am and my sisters are even older. There's not much my younger brother can do with them and he's always glad that he can talk about vidya and especially pokemon with me when he's over.
>>
File: 1474754554165.gif (2MB, 540x540px)
1474754554165.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>>31542219
My mother is 51 but she is lvl 28 in PokémonGo.
>>
My parents don't know I still play it probably, but even if they did nobody really gives a shit.

In fact my parents started playing Pokemon go without me even knowing it back when it was the thing to do
>>
File: 2031132.jpg (489KB, 810x795px)
2031132.jpg
489KB, 810x795px
My parents could care less about my hobbies as long as I have a job.
>>
>design gym teams for younger cousins
>they love battling them
>have 2 sets of each one ev/iv bred the other just random grinded up and bred
>they love challenging it constantly
with bank no im builiding old champion teams just because S/M were there first games.
>>
>>31540406
My mom supports it. She even buys me pokemon shit sometimes.
>>
They don't really seem to care. My mom's just surprised that the series is still so popular in general after all these years. I think she has some nostalgia for Pokemania, since she likes to reminisce about sewing my pikachu costume as a kid.
My dad judges me for the amount of stuffed animals I keep, but that's not exclusive to Pokemon. He's been at least neutral to the series ever since I got a free Nintendo Power Deoxys shirt and he realized there were more interesting monsters than boring cutesey animals. On the other hand, he was very surprised to learn recently that Kirby games are still being made, since "it's just a pink ball, what's the point?"
>>
>>31540406
IM successful so my parents don't mind, and my mom even buys me the games for birthdays/Christmas etc.
>>
My Mum actually plays the games almost as much as I do, she's always been big into video games and is the reason I was able to play them as a child. She took a break from gaming a few years ago but picked up Pokemon again in particular around B2/W2 and has been keeping up with releases ever since. Over the last two years she's played through at least one game from every generation (I've lent her a handful of copies of games she couldn't get ahold of.) I moved out about three years ago and we battle online and trade every now and again which is a nice way to keep in contact/have fun together.

Her favourite generations are the first two, she's enjoying Sun a lot, and her favourite are Raichu and Donphan last time I checked.
>>
File: 1428484092074.png (87KB, 285x285px)
1428484092074.png
87KB, 285x285px
I don't have parents
>>
File: 1453479908785.jpg (15KB, 256x245px) Image search: [Google]
1453479908785.jpg
15KB, 256x245px
>>31542254
this
>mfw they've gotten me three plushes so far
>>
they are too busy playing their own vidya to notice
>>
>>31546847
same anon ;c wanna fug?
>>
>>31546847
hi batman
>>
They don't care unlike my girlfriend that hates that I'm still into it, which is a damn shame because she could pull off an amazing Shautal
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.