[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unova should've launched the new era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1479852117461.png (413KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
1479852117461.png
413KB, 600x706px
Game Freak shouldn't have chickened out and went forward with their Unova-reboot. Unova was supposed to be the new basis of the franchise, the new Gen 1. The only, and I repeat, the ONLY reason they didn't was because of the 3DS. The 3DS was suffering from poor sales, and the only way to save it was to release a Pokemon game with plenty of Gen 1 pandering (XY). After Pokemon GO and all that shit, they just decided to keep going with the Gen 1 pandering.

Unova was cucked and I want revenge.
>>
ok
>>
>>31537348
If that image is your mental representation of a new Pokémon era then I prefer to suck gen1 dick for all eternity
>>
>>31537348
ebin
>>
>>31537348
I love cig snail but that will never ever be a Pokemon.
These look like Earthbound enemies to me. (Which is not an insult)
>>
>>31537348
I want a Unova-style dex for a future gen but not with designs you posted
>>
>>31539977
>Earthbound enemies
You aren't wrong.
>>
>>31537348
Holy shit those design are AWFUL, even the worst shitmons are better.

I mean, a fucking burger snake?
>>
>>31539977
>>31540542
Actually, I changed my mind, they're awful from a pokémon perspective, as Earthbound enemies they'd be alright.
>>
I unironically like Tazermin and Tinkle
>>
>>31537348
Something I suspected Unovabortions of wanting for a long time and now one of them finally comes out of the woodwork to admit it
>>
>>31537348
>>31542391
Cool samefag, falseflagger.
>>
>>31537348
>Cigargo
Name got me.
>>
>>31537348
>what is B2W2
>>
>>31537348
>water/fairy type is literally a toilet
>people think the designs are for real
>>
File: bw4_wallpaper4_1920.jpg (781KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bw4_wallpaper4_1920.jpg
781KB, 1920x1200px
Not sure if this thread is serious, joking (due to ridiculous inanimate object Pokémon), or both (serious message with joke image).

You all know that, had Game Freak continued to shill Unova, Zekrom would be the overmarketed and overpublicized one at this point, not your precious hipster Scrafties and Volcaronas.
>>
>>31544336
>Volcarona
>hipster
It's easily one of the most popular gen 5 mons.

And I'd be fine with that, I like Zekrom.
>>
>>31542270
Literally my moms lunch
>>
>>31544367
Definitely, but comparing to Gen I, it's more Scyther/Gengar tier than Charizard tier within its generation.
>>
>>31544467
Yeah. Still far from a hipster choice, tho.

As a side note, I couldn't be happier that verlismon utterly flopped. Zekrom would've been cool, but I loathe that thing.
>>
>>31537348
This cutie got my attention.
>>
File: IMG_7408.jpg (20KB, 230x307px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7408.jpg
20KB, 230x307px
>>31544594
This little cutie caught my attention
>>
>>31544520
Tbh Gamefreak *did* take note of Zekrom's success. But they wanted to pander to genwunners at the same time, and Edgyzard X was born.

Suppose Game Freak did indeed instead follow up with Unova and make it the new baseline of the franchise. The biggest influence I can see Zekrom having would be on Smash, since they wouldn't have introduced Megas most likely. Then for our Smash lineup we could have gotten something like:

>Pikachu
>Jigglypuff
>Lucario
>Reshiram
>Zekrom
>Mewtwo (DLC)
>Greninja or Decidueye (DLC)

Reshiram and Zekrom are semi-clones of each other (obviously), and the heavily-marketed, hugely popular reboot would get two reps just like in Fire Emblem's case. Then the most recent or upcoming game would get a rep to advertise it, just like with Corrin (note that in this hypothetical case, both Kalos and Alola would mainly have Gen V pandering instead of Gen I).
>>
>>31537348
>Unova was cucked and I want revenge.
>OP posts shitty fakemon that even the most diehard Unovafriend would hate
Try posting Gen V Pokemon people actually like next time. Like Volcarona.
>>
Pokemon died when they pussied out of renovating the franchise.

From here on it's all dumb shallow gimmicks like z-moves.
>>
>4 regions for Japan (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh), all based on different locations in Japan
>soft reset
>3-4 regions based in the U.S./North America (Unova, Alola, a California/Texas/Mexico region, and a final one based either on Canada/Alaska, or the midwest.)
>soft reset
>3-4 regions based in Europe (Kalos, a Russian/Eastern European region, a region based in Spain, and one more for the U.K. maybe??)

Thoughts?
>>
>>31544730
I can't wait to read what other anons want to say to you.
>>
ngl, I don't hate cigargo
>>
>>31544748
Somehow I get the impression this was GF's plan before genwunners came out of the woodwork.

It'd have definitely worked in favor of keeping the franchise fresh and imaginative, but it wouldn't have reached the same level of success that it did now.

Imagine Alola as the Johto to Unova's Kanto. The analogue between the starters would be more obvious (it could save Emboar from quite a bit of hate because Incineroar could be depicted as a rival to it), for one thing.
>>
>>31545038
Impossible

Masuda posted the first piece of paper ever associated with XY's planning which dates to before BW came out in Japan and France was always the focus.

Unrelated, but something interesting is that it mentioned that XY were supposed to have towns with theming always centering around the gym's type and that it mentioned a Poison town and a Water town as examples.
>>
Tinkle....what should I feel about it?
>>
>>31545113
That actually sounds super interesting, you mind posting it?

This is kind of a weird thought, but I sometimes think about how people associate media with different times and experiences in their life compared to the creators. Like, for me, BW fit perfectly with the early 10s, since that was the time that a lot of pop culture started getting bigger and a bit more inventive and a bit more globalized, which goes perfectly with what BW is in relation to the Pokémon series. But most of the people at Gamefreak probably associate BW with the late 2000s, which is when they actually worked on it. Just the way that something can greatly fit the narrative of the time it was released while not at all/barely being influenced by those times is just something interesting to me.
>>
>>31544609
you're putting too much thought into this

If ridley is 2big then so are the unova dragons
>>
You know your design is shit when it's a literal fucking toilet
>>
>>31544756
Apparently nobody cares.
>>
>>31537348
The hamburger and smokes aren't that bad, but the rest are shit.
>>
this shit looks straight out of yo-kai watch, whoever made this should seriously consider suicide, i mean seriously a fucking car pokemon, and a toilet pokemon. this is some of the dumbest fan pokes ive seen on here. please kill yourself for even posting these
>>
File: Murican yokai.jpg (522KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Murican yokai.jpg
522KB, 1920x1080px
>>31546817
>>31537348
To be fair...
>>
>>31546890
holy fuck man and i thought we had it bad since ice cream, trash bag, and car keys. japanese are fucking crazy
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.