[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no TCG threads hey cardtards, I'm getting back into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 32

File: DTW wigs.jpg (19KB, 180x255px) Image search: [Google]
DTW wigs.jpg
19KB, 180x255px
>no TCG threads

hey cardtards, I'm getting back into this game with friends. I have 500 of the coin things on the online. What decks should I look at buying? What are some fun cards to build around? Currently using a Raichu/Sky Field deck built from the 3 starter theme decks plus the promo one.

I know I want more trainer cards first priority though, I only have 2 lysanders and 1 vs seeker.
>>
why is this tcg so dead? please help me, i'm wracked with indecision, the metagross deck, groudon deck and volcanion decks all look appealing to me from the perspective of getting more useful cards in my collection.

I'm also playing vs mode with themedecks, is there a best deck for grinding there?
>>
>>31529271

>PTCG
>Dead

It's clearly not, and still alive and well and still kicking. Regionals is around the corner in Anaheim on Feb 18 or so anyway.

/vp/ is just shit at showing interest and consistency in the PTCG/PTCGO and in their generals.
>>
Theme decks are a waste of coins and come with literally 0 useful cards
The electric and ice theme decks the game gives you are already better than the others
Save up your coins to buy Roaring Skies to try and pull Shaymin-EX
>>
>>31530178
I ended up getting ring of lightning. I needed another theme deck because of how trainer challenge works anyways, if you beat the AI with 4 different decks you get a pack and for some reason it wouldn't let me use the gallade deck or round deck in that. Got 2 roaring skies. Pulled a M-Latios and Steelix-EX.

also this deck feels much more reliable for winning in theme decks only. Ampharos/Hoopa wreck.
>>
File: 20170125_171130.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170125_171130.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Might as post this here since there's no proper TCG thread. Enjoy your code and check out some dumb highlights from our local Sun/Moon prerelease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1pbb6IEIDs&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>31531443

I got it, thanks. Hit the jackpot and got the good FA MMewtwo.
>>
Has any of the english art for Sun and Moon been dumped yet?
>>
decks are going to look so fucking flashy
>>
Just finished the gold challenges and won all of those packs. Are pulls from the no-trade packs fixed or random? In my first few packs I pulled a M-Garde EX and M-Rayquaza EX.
>>
>>31528823
Is there a Devpro equivalent yet? Remember playing some manual garbage way back and it was complete ass
>>
YO LOOK AT MY DICK
>>
I'm thinking about building Accelgor/Trev/Dusknoir from an old decklist, idk how viable that would be?
>>
I just got back from a prerelease. It was pretty fun. I have always wanted to get into tcg but it's hard to think about how much some people spend for their decks and how much more effort they put into them. I don't know how I could even start going toe to toe with strong players. I like that pre releases are "blank slates" for luck and building.
>>
File: FUCK OFF.jpg (47KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK OFF.jpg
47KB, 750x734px
>playing theme decks
>know you have your opponent completely checkmated, there is literally nothing in the deck you're facing that can stop your sweep
>still spends 1-2 minutes per turn thinking, strategically attaching energies, milling his deck looking for an out

why are people so fucking tedious?
>>
>>31535488
Theme decks in itself is an exercise in tedium
>>
Just got into the TCG, whats the best way to grind coins for more themed decks or booster packs?
>>
File: 2017-01-25 23.16.10.png (1MB, 853x1122px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-25 23.16.10.png
1MB, 853x1122px
This card becomes tournament legal. What changes?
>>
>>31535037
>Sisamataod EX
>In the meta with no nightmarch

Why even bother?
>>
>>31535515
It's better playing theme until I have enough trainers built up to build a reasonable deck, at least in theme everyone else is as crippled as I am.

>>31535538
from what I've found, do all of the challenges, if you have 4 unique theme decks you can get one free pack per trainer plus 3 for beating the entire 'league' in addition to hundreds of coins.

Themed decks are mostly shit, but purchasing one on top of the three they give you can be justified. The rest of your coins should go into buying boosters. If you're a gambling man, open them and hope for the godpull of Shaymin. If you're not, save them up and trade for singles on a deck list.

I kind of hate that it's so hard to get a feel for what you like playing though since theme decks play totally different from real decks and you need to collect tons of cards before you can even really start playing standard/expanded.
>>
>>31535926
Some kid gets his eye poked out by a thrown doduo and his parents sue tcpi.
>>
>>31535538

Honestly grinding for coins is not going to be much fun. The rate at which you acquire tokens is quite slow and so not really a good way to build a good deck.

Also, tokens can only really buy you boosters. You would have to hope to pull specific cards to build a deck (unless you just open a bunch of boosters and make do with what you get).

>>31535999

>The rest of your coins should go into buying boosters. If you're a gambling man, open them and hope for the godpull of Shaymin. If you're not, save them up and trade for singles on a deck list.

Boosters purchased from the shop are non-tradable.
>>
>>31536082
The answer is simple, buy a booster box of roaring skies since it just reprinted and get 36 roaring skies packs that you can trade for some decent value for a deck.
>>
>>31532875
jfc that card will cost an arm and a leg
>>
>>31536150

Why would you waste money when trading is so profitable though? Honestly, just a couple of packs can be turned into enough for a meta deck easily.
>>
>>31536183
No it can't. A meta deck needs VS seekers and shaymins.
>>
>>31536201

>No it can't. A meta deck needs VS seekers and shaymins.

What did you think I meant by 'meta deck'? Obviously I'm including Shaymin there.
>>
>>31536243
You aren't getting a playset of shyamins and vs seekers for a "couple of packs"
>>
>>31532875
Oh boy another 100-150 dollar card to hunt down.
>>
>>31536293

Read the post again m8.

>just a couple of packs can be turned into enough for a meta deck easily

'Can be turned into'; not 'can be exchanged for'.
>>
>>31536323
No it can't. No card rivals the shyamin in price, and unless you want to spend 5+ hours of your time trying to find retarded 12 year olds and shark them like an autistic scumbag instead of playing the actual game you can actually go fuck yourself.
>>
>>31536359

Seriously, how long have you been playing the game?

Trading is insanely easy. About 15 mins a day can make you hundreds of packs in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>31536388
I know the actual TCG trading market. And unless you are ripping off idiots who are giving you free shit for what you trade for, you cannot actually profit from trading.

So you are ripping off idiots who don't know shit about values or making up garbage. And if you are the previous like I said you can go fuck yourself because sharking idiots is scummy as shit.
>>
>>31536388
Is there any guides on playing the trading market?
>>
>>31536419

m8 I'm trying to be nice but you sound like a complete idiot now.

Almost everybody with good decks in the PTCGO threads makes profit off trades. Grinding tournaments is not an efficient method of getting packs.

>>31536435

Standard advice given is find a staple trainer. Buy in groups of 4/8 for 1 pack and then sell at 2/4 for a pack.

Btw, this is not how I made my packs. I developed my own trading strategy (more enjoyable/effective), but there's no need to break the mould. Standard practice of flipping staples should do it.
>>
>>31529672
>/vp/ is just shit at showing interest and consistency in the PTCG/PTCGO and in their generals.

The SM launch wiped the board clean of them. and a few of the regulars went missing. It's too bad, they were a chill place and I will never forget the time I made sure that people complaining about clumping could never post again. That was my greatest moment.
>>
>>31536306
>100-150 dollar card

No, this is an easy $200.
>>
>>31536481
So confirmed for sharking instead of being an honest trader and screwing people over in value. Got it.
>>
>>31536554

So you've confirmed that you don't understand the game, but whatever. Stick to playing with random stuff you pull in boosters instead of learning to trade profitably.

As an aside, my trading method is about as far as you can get from sharking whilst still making a profit. As I said here >>31536481, it's more effective than the basic strategy. One of the main reasons is that I make slim profits on cards but have very consistent card turnover. At least I did. Uni work got really mad so haven't really played in a few months. I hope my market still exists.
>>
>>31536590
>You don't understand the game

No I do. There are two types of traders, people who are honest with card values and don't try to screw someone over by getting more than what they trade for. And people who know the value of cards, won't tell the other person, make a shitty lowball offer or wait for them to ask for a cheap shit card and then try to take their expensive card that they don't know isn't worth what it is.

Don't try to pretend you magically mastered the game. I've been playing TCGs for a long time, you could at least be honest and admit you rip off idiots.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1223x718px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1223x718px
>>31535037
Deck sharing?

I just got into the TCG so my deck isn't as blingy
>>
>>31536666
That's a sick mat. Is YGO still trash?
>>
>>31536649

I guess you didn't read the second paragraph then? I literally pointed out that I personally make very little profit but shift cards in large volume.

Also, you do realise that the only way to make profit is by selling stuff for less than you paid right? How do you expect anyone to build a good deck in PTCGO without trading at a profit?
>>
>>31536666
>>31536689

Anon noooooooooooo......

Why would you double post and then delete the one where you got quads?!?!?
>>
>>31536702
Had to reupload because first picture wasn't that good
>>31536689

To answer your question, it was trash when I played, trash when I left. So yes, yes it is
>>
>>31536689
You need octillary. Almost no reason to not run it honestly in this deck, aside from cost.
>>
>>31536715
I fucked up

>>31536723
Thanks for the input! I was thinking of octillery but I want to try running Lily instead because she's waifu tier
>>
>>31528823
I bought a bunch of the cards from my childhood a few years back. The stuff I wanted but never got out of a booster or couldn't afford loose when I was a kid. Bought neato holographic things like ALL of the gym leader's Pokemon, most of the Dark Pokemon, and an original Holo Dragonite.

Brought back a lot of memories for sure, then some jackass stole my binder while at a con.
>>
>>31536723
>>31536733

Octillery definitely could work as you already have the Dive/Level balls to search for it.

Bear in mind though that adding Remoraids reduces your chances of starting Talonflame. You will have to consider if the consistent draw power is worth the trade-off of possibly missing out on 2 cards of your choice early on.
>>
>>31536733
Don't bother with lilly, shes just the sycamore replacement for when the TCG overlords decide to rotate everything before sun/moon out of standard and keep everything from sun/moon on.

EX are on the death bed and we have to welcome out GX overlords at the end of this year.
>>
>>31536702
Not the same guy, but as someone who still goes to YGO locals every week and plays on pro (and accidentally uploaded a screencap here), the game has been a constant stream of one cancer to the next for the past 2 years with no end in sight, and each new breed of cancer is somehow more cancer than the last I'd much rather be playing Weiss Schwarz
>>
>>31536756
Talonflame isn't that good. The problem with talonflame is that in decks like this if you don't open with it, and only running 3 means there is a good chance you wont open with it. Pokemon decks run on the idea of searching and tutoring.

I'd just outright replace the talonflame with remoraid/octillary. And just drop bursting balloon to make room for octillaries.
>>
File: 1439441057151.jpg (75KB, 710x545px) Image search: [Google]
1439441057151.jpg
75KB, 710x545px
>>31536705

>Also, you do realise that the only way to make profit is by selling stuff for less than you paid right?

I'm an idiot. Just spotted my typo. Pretend that I actually said the correct thing and then the rest of what I'm saying makes sense.
>>
>>31536765
>the game has been a constant stream of one cancer to the next for the past 2 years with no end in sight, and each new breed of cancer is somehow more cancer than the last
The same as ever, that's sad, at least before it was creative cancer instead of mash the two broken archetypes for auto +5. Makes me want to get into the Pokemon TCG cause there's no real archetypes like in YGO from what I've seen. Is the online game good assuming I can't put in much money? Couldn't find any simulators like Pro
>>
>>31536756
You've given me a lot to think about, I'll have to hunt some octillery down and do some play testing.

>>31536760
Fair statement.

>>31536781
Good idea, I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>31536781

m8 there are 4 Talonflames there.

4 Talonflames and 3 Froakies mean you will start Talonflame the majority of the time. Given that Greninja BREAK is essentially a Stage 3, that search power is incredibly useful. I would urge against Talonflame removal.
>>
>>31536805
It's a grind. Honestly if you have any friends who play the TCG in person, just ask them for their code cards. Every pokemon TCG pack comes with a code card that you can redeem online for free.

That's what I do and how I manage to keep making decks online. I just ask for the cards most people throw away.
>>
>>31536765
Weiss any good? From what I saw, it's just a washed down version of Vanguard
>>
>>31536723
>>31536756
Octillery isn't as good a Shaymin.
For Octillery to be useful, you need a 2-2 line, whereas with shaymin you only need the one. The 3 extra cards makes the difference.
>source: greninja player
>>
>>31536844

Doesn't Greninja look to win the prize trade though? You go behind but hopefully make a comeback before your opponent can take all 6 prizes as you only run single-prize Pokemon?
>>
File: 1442652505320.jpg (330KB, 1024x1501px) Image search: [Google]
1442652505320.jpg
330KB, 1024x1501px
>>31536844
Must be nice having Shaymins
>>
>>31536824
I see a lot of decks with talonflame bitch about those times where they don't start talonflame and just clog the deck.

With dive balls and level balls it makes searching for the octillary ez as shit.

>>31536844
>$1.50x4 vs $38.00x4

I'd run the octillaries anyday over a shaymin, plus you need the bench for your other greninja break abilities.
>>
>>31536871
>>31536875
4 shaymins is a retarded meme.
You only need 2 max.
I only use 1.
>>
>>31536897
>retarded meme
>Guy opens skyfield and runs through his entire deck in one turn with 4 shaymins.

Yeah it's a total retarded meme dude.
>>
>>31536875
Octillery and Shaymin take up the same amount of bench space.
>>
>>31536746
>Why'd you bring gold to a con anon?
>>
File: 1482044038352.png (524KB, 828x1176px) Image search: [Google]
1482044038352.png
524KB, 828x1176px
>>31536897
Even then, Shaymin around my area are going for about $85 a piece.

Proud to be Canadian
>>
>>31536908
Show one(1) example of this. That wouldn't even get halfway through a deck.
1 Shaymin is literally all you need.
>>
>>31536910
You can only use shaymin once, you can use octillary over and over. And when the play strategy of greninja is rough seas, and swtching out your greninjas if they survive a not-oneshot to heal from rough seas, it's kind of silly to do a one shot burst for a one extra card draw when you can get it every turn for one less card.
>>
>>31536928
My green text. Despair ray Mgardevoir, on a skyfield with 4 shaymins for deck cycling, and then toss away the shaymins, get 3 back with a super rod and repeat the hand cycling again by shitting out more shaymins.
>>
>>31536933
The Octillery still wastes deck space one you have one out, the other evo line is dead weight.
>>
>>31536953
>i greentexted it so it successfully happened and works without error
>>
>>31536834
It was made first, so it's more like VG has mechanics creep (is that a thing?). VG basically cannibalized itself on power creep while creep in WS is slow enough that most decks are still capable of competing. It's also fun as hell
>>
>>31536971
You asked for an example I gave you one. I've seen many decks run 3 and it helps for those times where they can't get a sycamore. If you don't want to believe me, I don't give a shit but I see it happen every week at my local tournies.

>>31536963
I'd still advise $4.50 to someone instead of shelling out at least 70 dollars for two shaymins that are going to be out of meta like all of his deck at the end of the year. I refuse to tell someone to actually buy shaymins unless they were thinking of competing at a national or regional level. That $20 store credit isn't really worth the amount of money you put into that deck.

It would be something if LGS actually gave out money but they don't, they give out store credit and he's just getting more bulk or trade bait.
>>
>>31537032
You're examples is very unrealistic.
You would have to empty a 6 card hand 3 times for it to work the way you suggested. Good luck with that.

Just run ONE Shaymin, problem solved.
>>
>>31537069
>Unrealistic
>Had to sit there across from an asshole and keep tossing away his hand with ultraballs and pointless item cards to replenish his hand so he can fill his bench with shaymin.

If you don't want to believe it, that's on you. But even without that one instance, I've seen people run two or three pretty often. The only reason people run 1 is before they are poor as shit, pulled that one and call it a victory and think their deck is optimal because they don't want to try to sink more money into getting another one.

One isn't fine. It's even worse than you put your ONLY shaymin in the prize pool and you try to ultraball for it, or hoopa it into your hand.
>>
>>31537135
>implying that you wouldn't get ANY stage 2/3 Pokemon and supporters in your hand, making dead weight for your Shaymin Chain
You'd get extremely diminishing returns, thus making it not that worth it. Just because you could maybe, possibly if you had perfect luck pull it off doesn't make it a likely and string strategy. 1 Shaymin gets the job done, 2 is overkill but should work. Anymore and it's not as good.
>>
>>31537135
>1/60 chance of being prized
>bad odds
Lol
>>
>>31537183

Not really weighing in on the discussion here, but the chance of being prized in a 6-prize game is 1/10.
>>
>>31537183
There are only 53 cards in deck, you put prizes after drawing your hand. So that 1/60 is wrong.

The point of deck building is to make a deck that is consistent and works no matter the situation. If you have even a chance to prize your only card in your deck that you need for utility, you have a poor deck, even if the odds are unlikely.

That is why you run multiples of cards, not only does it become more common but if they magically become unavailable you still have others like it you can get, and the problem is a lot of decks hit dry periods, which is why they want a shaymin to pop up more frequently. You can only run 4 hand refreshers and if you don't get it, then you are fucked and sitting on an almost empty hand hoping that your opponent needs to play a desperate N so you can get your hand back.

I'd rather have 7 hand refreshers than 5 so I can keep my flow going instead of stagnating and having no way to replenish my hand or have options.
>>
>>31537183
>>31537239

Wait actually scratch that. I forgot that prizes are selected after you have drawn your starting hand, so it depends on how many basics you run.
>>
So, is there a logic behind being able to buy tournament tickets but not coins?
>>
>>31537183
this isn't me
>>31537255
Assuming you're the one that proposed the 4 6 card shaymin draws, the diminishing returns of the Shaymin as you play them give you a stagnant hand too
>1 Shaymin
>4 Sycamore
>4 N
Near perfect set up
>>
>>31537275
You can just buy Boosters and Theme decks
>>
>>31537297
>Running 4 N
There is no point to running 4 N. You aren't supposed to use N to hand/deck cycle after the first few turns. If you are leading, you are only hurting yourself with N, and the only time N is beneficial is if you are losing. Which is why most people only run 1 or 2 and then VS seeker the N when they need it, just like lysander.

This is why shaymin is an actual money card, because it only replenishes your hand and not your opponents without having the restriction of a supporter trainer.
>>
>>31537331
>most people run 1-2 N(source: my ass)
2-4 is the staple
>>
>>31537382
You honestly have no clue how deck building works or why decks are made the way they are. I'm done being baited by an idiot who actually thinks running 4 N is a good idea and thinks 1 shaymin is good enough.

People only run multiples because VS seekers can be a bitch to get.
>>
So i want to make a deck with the new Umbreon GX. I need one or two other dark Pokémon to play in the deck though, I'm considering yveltal ex but I don't know what to use
>>
>>31537402
>thinking that you personally make the rules for staples
You can look it up m8
2-4 is standard.
>>
>>31537403
Umbreon makes a good frontline if anything. The only yuvetal ex decks I've seen played personally ran the EX, breakthrough yuvetal basic, and trubbish/garbador from breakpoint.
>>
>>31537467
What should I run with unbreon gx then? The only GXs I pulled from sneak were that tauros and incineroar
>>
>>31537979
Like I was saying, umbreon GX would be neat, it's just there aren't many solid dark pokemon that fit into the one shot meta that isn't yuvetal EX.

I just gave you a few options for synergy. I don't personally believe GXs are going to see much play outside of lunala and that's because of M-Mewtwo before the EXs get rotated out or untill another sun/moon set releases.

The best GX I saw was that grass one that wasn't deducieye. Fromantis I think?
>>
Anyone pull a Shaymeme from the reprint of RS? Got M Gallade and Shaymin full arts out of one of my boxes.
>>
File: passimian-sm1.jpg (54KB, 435x600px) Image search: [Google]
passimian-sm1.jpg
54KB, 435x600px
[F] Fling: This attack does 30 damage to one of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[C][C] Team Play: 10+ damage. This attack does 10 damage plus 30 damage times the number of Passimian on your bench.

Is this good? 2KOs most GX for DCE.
>>
>>31540244
It's the only card from SM that sees play at all; that plus Mew and all the damage stacking means you can hit like a freight train.
>>
Anyone know what's up with the price for LT Mew EX?

I remember that there was a time I had to trade 4 of them to even get a pack, but it feels like people want them a lot more all of a sudden.
>>
>>31540620
Because mew was pressured over mewtwo ex, safeguard and nm over the years but they rotated and mew didn't.
>>
File: vespiquen eevee attemp.png (11KB, 323x472px) Image search: [Google]
vespiquen eevee attemp.png
11KB, 323x472px
Rate my deck.
I know is just a variation of vespiquen deck but I want to bump the thread with something on topic.
>>
What do you guys think of Mega Beedrill EX+Lurantis GX? Their abilities synergize with each other and provided floatstones can really annoy people.

I was thinking about making it based on a Yanmega/MBeedrill deck and replacing yanmega with lurantis.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>31541120
You're not running EXs so Brigette should be better than Fan Club.
Also, instead of Rough Seas, go with Forest of Giant Plants to be able to go second and start hitting with Vespiquen from the get go, that would drop the need for Wally and open a little space for the fourth Trainer Mail and VS Seeker.

Also, you either need Special Charge or four Puzzles to retrieve the Special Energies.
>>
>>31536926
tfw Canadian who got fullart shay for $50 last week. There's hope anon
>>
>>31541537
hi carl
>>
>>31541571
don't talk to me on the internet you're gonna embarrass me
>>
File: Full Art ShayminEX.jpg (463KB, 512x715px) Image search: [Google]
Full Art ShayminEX.jpg
463KB, 512x715px
Will Shaymin still be used even when it moves out of Standard or are there better cards in Expanded?
>>
Just got the newsletter and thought i'd drop off my code if anyone could use it.

MDT-ZJ7C-CTB-CYL
>>
>>31541676
>MDT-ZJ7C-CTB-CYL
thx mate
>>
File: TCG Wallpaper.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TCG Wallpaper.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>31541676
You should post them as pictures since Bots are lurking for these things.

Also someone know how to get clean wallpaper of the Sun Moon Booster Artworks?
Especialy the Pic related one

I'm looking very forward to the new Standard Rotation.
Besides all the annoying7expensive shit that rotates out (shaymin and hoopa EX) there's also much good stuff that's rotating out like VS Seeker, Escape Rope, Lysandre, Trainers Mail and Max Elixir.
>>
>>31541471
Thanks for the advise, I don't have more vs seekers and trainer's mail so I only count 3 on both.
Completely forgot about Special Charge.
>>
>>31541768

>TPCi's shit art that makes everything look like it's made out of plastic

top kek

>PCL going absolutely apeshit printing dozens of cards in a million different rarities and the only card that is actually useful is an uncommon

second top kek
>>
I was in a supermarket today and noticed they were selling off these 3-pack blisters really cheap so thought I'd pick a few up. They were only €4 each so I got 10 of them. They're a mixture from the Primal Clash, Furious Fists and Breakthrough sets.

I haven't played tcg since base set but was curious enough to get that many cards for that price. But I was wondering how much these things are actually worth considering what they sell for on amazon and how old packs are worth more.
Are they worth reselling or keeping for a few years or should I just open them?
>>
Hi famalam, I couldn't wait and just bought the Sun and Moon codes for $0.50 each and the prerelease code for a dollar, is it worth it for a online person to buy the elite trainer pack for Sun and Moon the tried to get the IRL rare stuff?
>>
Is there like a database for the card art?
>>
>>31542451
If you're concerned about reselling the physical cards and packs later, you'll probably only make less money if you wait since everything will rotate out and demand will drop significantly. It's possible that Breakthrough might be worth a lot way down the line because of Mewtwo, but you'd more likely forget you'd even bought the packs by the time the price spike happens. You're best off selling them now.
>>
>>31529271
>>31529672
>>31536493
It's because of the discord.

The regulars just post there now and don't bother with the thread.
>>
>>31543001
https://pkmncards.com/

Sun And Moon is being slowly updated on there.
>>
>>31543200
>tfw there will never be a way to get the full resolution version of the card art
doesn't feel too good, senpai
>>
File: newsletter code.png (171KB, 598x194px) Image search: [Google]
newsletter code.png
171KB, 598x194px
code
>>
>>31543592
Thanks mate, sadly nothing that good
>>
>>31543113
Can you link me to said discord?

thanks
>>
Did the cards retain any value or has that bubble burst a long time ago? My parents keep asking me if I can give my cards to my nephew but it seems wasteful to me after collecting them all to just give them away...
>>
>>31543811
the first gen cards? not really. unless it's a misprint of a popular card. even then you have to find a buyer, which can take a long time.
>>
File: here you go fags.jpg (9KB, 188x33px) Image search: [Google]
here you go fags.jpg
9KB, 188x33px
pic related
>>
>>31543811
Might have some value now but it was good during the Pokemon go hype
>>
>>31543995
Yeah it's all first and second gen stuff. I have stuff like holo Charizard which was rare back in the day. I guess it doesn't sound that worth it to try to sell them
>>
File: 2nd code.png (172KB, 598x205px) Image search: [Google]
2nd code.png
172KB, 598x205px
another one
>>
File: Evolutions pulls.png (631KB, 851x527px) Image search: [Google]
Evolutions pulls.png
631KB, 851x527px
>>31544126

Evolutions, so nothing too fantastic. That holo Magneton is a nice looking card though.

Thanks anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170126-115119.png (781KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170126-115119.png
781KB, 1440x2560px
I preordered the elite box, did I get memed on with the price?
>>
>>31544035
It may be depending on condition, for mint you can get ~$50 or so for Charizard and a few bucks for most other holos. I sold my collection of base set cards for about $100 in total which isn't insignificant if you can find a buyer.

idk why your parents would want you to give base set cards to your nephew though, they're useless for play value.
>>
>>31543113
Sorry for this, I'm in the middle of exams and stopped shitposting in my generals like /shuffle/ for a while. I will restart next month I promise!
>>
>>31544384
IDK he's 9 and they hear he's "into Pokemon" so they jumped right to that conclusion. I don't think he'd really be playing with them (and I never did either honestly, just collected them to look at pretty much). But I think they hold more sentimental/nostalgic value for me than what he would get out of it...
>>
Stardust jirachi is too good famalam, it won me 2 games within 5 minutes
>>
>>31544272
What sees play in Generations?
>>
Is Ampharos/M-Ampharos a viable deck archetype?
Are there any haxorus cards that don't suck ass in standard?
>>
>>31543592
>>31544126

same fag, found some more newsletters from last month
>>
File: 3rd.png (180KB, 599x195px) Image search: [Google]
3rd.png
180KB, 599x195px
>>31546506
code
>>
File: 4th.png (177KB, 596x186px) Image search: [Google]
4th.png
177KB, 596x186px
>>31546506
>>
File: 5th.png (156KB, 593x193px) Image search: [Google]
5th.png
156KB, 593x193px
>>31546506
last one
>>
File: thnx for the pull anon.png (1MB, 1245x741px) Image search: [Google]
thnx for the pull anon.png
1MB, 1245x741px
>>31546559
Neat.
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-26+at+05.58.45).jpg (224KB, 979x487px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-26+at+05.58.45).jpg
224KB, 979x487px
>>31546519
Nothing too amazing, though Brock is cool
>>
>>31536306
>>31536168

Rarer than the other secret rare considering there are 14 total cards that get a secret rare slot in this set, and one of them is also ultra ball, so there's another 100+
>>
>>31546246

Some people use Flareon-EX in Volcanion decks. Jolteon-EX is occasionally used.

Olympia is a fairly popular supporter from Generations. Some stuff like Crushing Hammer and Team Flare Grunt got reprinted in Generations.
>>
>>31546263

Not sure I'd go so far as to say it'll be good, but you could try out this Haxorus deck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4onnpEos54
>>
http://pastebin.com/3v45cL3g

I know I need 4 raichu/4 pikachu ideally here, but any tips for a new player with limited build options for improving this? It seems to do really well but I'm 99% sure that's just because I'm running into shitters. Deck's built mostly with freebie noob cards. Should I go 4 ultra balls? Level balls seem to work well for me since I use fan clubs to fill my bench fast. Maybe a Wally or two?
>>
>>31546861
Oh sorry, mixed up Generations with Evolutions.
>>
>>31547374

Oh right. In that case, basically just Rattata and Dragonite-EX.

Some decks run Brock's Grit in place of Super Rod.
>>
>>31547450
>everyone calls Evolutions a trash-fire of a set
>there are more playable cards in it than SM

The card designers are drunk.
>>
>>31547469

this meme has gotten pretty stale
>>
File: ptc.jpg (170KB, 869x435px) Image search: [Google]
ptc.jpg
170KB, 869x435px
Even online the new cards are prettier, i approve the change.
>>
>>31547493
But it's true.
>>
>>31547469

SM and Evolutions basically both do the same thing - they give us cool looking versions of cards we already use.
>>
>>31547469
I'm determined to make Rats tier 1 or 2. Poison Barb and Giratina fix its biggest weakness.
>>
>>31547541

Just like it was true for Steam Siege. And Breakthough/point. And every other set before it, right?
>>
>>31547545
Big difference is that SM has them at SR, while Evolutions has them at rarities you might actually open them from packs.
>>
>>31546788

None of the URS barring the regular starter GXs are in Sun and Moon, but they'll be in our next SM-era set.
>>
>>31547607
>None of the URs
*None of the URs in SM1+
>>
I want new staple cards, I'm glad that shaymeme and vs seeker will be rotated soon
>>
>>31547607
Which will most likely be combined with Japans SM2, which means probably more than 14 SRs.
>>
File: 1482361119846.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1482361119846.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
Hyper rares were a mistake
>>
>>31547835
GXs were a mistake.

Because they suck.
>>
>>31547864
Im more than glad they are nerfed Ex, no reason to dislike unless they pull a NDX between this block.
>>
Going to 1 of 2 prereleases tomorrow. Is passimian the best meme to win?
>>
>>31548170
Oranguru has the most value, but Passimian is looking like a solid meme deck right now. Shiinotic has value too. Just pray for no Bruxish.
>>
>>31548244
>Just pray for no Bruxish
remembering a video of a shop opening 10 bruxish staff promos and 1 was bent
>>
>>31548170
Passimian is solid, I did pretty good with Crobat as well. Remember that the 4 card limit doesn't apply to prerelease matches, so Passimian could hit for 160 if you pull enough.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>trade one of my suicunes for a booster because I'm bored and I want to open a pack
>get this

WEW LAD
>>
>>31550787

That thing is only worth about 3 packs m8.

The artwork is really nice though.
>>
>>31550881

Should I trade it for four Evolutions packs?
>>
why are packets of roaring skies so expensive

isn't mega fug just a meme?
>>
>>31550904

Unless you are planning to use it, then trade it.

You should be able to get 3-4 packs for it. I'm coming back after a break because of uni work, so I don't know the current market well enough to give you an exact figure.
>>
>>31550943
Shaymin
>>
>>31550904
You can but try to cash the packs out to good cards since Evo pack value will be shit once sun and Moon is out
>>
>>31550943

Shaymin-EX and SR VS Seeker.
>>
>>31550943
Everyone wants to have (at least) two Shaymin EX in their deck.
Shaymin EX is exclusively in Roaring Skies.
You do the math.
>>
Give me a price check on 72 roaring skies TCGO booster codes
>>
Sun and Moon set tier list:

Great:
Solgaleo GX
Lurantis GX

Good:
Eevee
Kukui
Lunala GX
Nest Ball

Potential:
Tsareena
Espeon GX
Umbreon GX
Passimian
Alolan Muk
Decidueye GX
Shiinotic
Primarina GX

Tech Options:
Lapras GX
Skarmory
Timer Ball
Oranguru

Probably filler/Has meme potential:
Toxapex
Gumshoos GX
Vikavolt
Gigalith
Carvanha
Dragonair
Tauros GX
Poison Barb
Team Skull Grunt
Pinsir
>>
>>31551100
Shiinotic has no potential it takes space in your deck for a ball item, even if you run stage 2 giant plant is in standart.
>>
>>31550979
When are they falling out of standard rotation? Once they're gone, what's the next big expensive mandatory card?
>>
>>31551149

I've already seen it work very well with Vileplume and Vespiquen.
>>
>>31536765
>the game has been a constant stream of one cancer to the next for the past 2 years
I remember thinking "this is the beginning of the end" when Diamond Dude Turbo dominated for an entire July before Stratos was semi'd.
That was, what, eight years ago?
>>
>>31537135
>The only reason people run 1 is before they are poor as shit, pulled that one and call it a victory and think their deck is optimal because they don't want to try to sink more money into getting another one.
Or they could be expecting a lot of Vespiquen/Zebstrika decks without a reliable way to discard the Shaymins from the bench.

On a related note, what are good cards for a Wasp/Zebra deck in a chaotic meta (my LCS)? I was thinking about the Eeveelutions to expand the breadth of pokemon I could deal 2x damage to but a friend says that I need the main two, Zoroark, Octillery, Mew, Klefki, and Unown and absolutely nothing more.
>>
>>31541652
Situation, some expanded decks rather like Shaymin. I expect the price to drop no lower than $10.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=uXyLfgvDUd4
How can western even compete
>>
>>31551955
Westerns can't tbqh, unlike the polite chinks there wouldn't be a video except a touch of salt or toxic gameplay
>>
>>31551955
They made it look like a Vanguard fight with these effects and lyrics.
>>
>>31551167
>When are they falling out of standard rotation?

On September 1st, new Standard rotations are always in effect on that date.
>>
>>31551100
Im gonna try to build memedecks around Pinsir and Vikavolt once they are out.

Like my slow but hard hitting Evolitions Arcanine deck
>>
So I just opened the first 18 packs of a supreme victors booster box and got 2 shiny mons (Relicant & Milotic, both reverse) aswell as a SR Moltres Holo. Does anyone know the rates on them? Are they pretty common or did I just get really lucky?
>>
File: 1458626376657.png (26KB, 647x849px) Image search: [Google]
1458626376657.png
26KB, 647x849px
>tfw I can only buy cards at the local wal-mart because people know me at fred meyers and target and will judge me for being a manchild and the people at the local cardshop might try to talk to me if I buy cards there
>>
>>31556032
>Going in the card section that's always near the cashier spot

Just order online and pick it up famalam, just takes a few minutes

>>31544311
No you didn't, because MSRP is 40 and looks like they raised the price
>>
>>31556032
This is why I only play the online game :^)
>>
bumpalam
>>
>>31556032
frogposters are the one who suffer the most because they try but fail to be normalfags.
But worry not my friend, one of these days you will stop caring and accept yourself for what you are

>>31557035
real solution here

>>31555369
>>31555395
this is /vp/ by the way, >>>/b/ is here
>>
>>31547864
GX > EX in terms of making the game more interesting.

BREAK is a very halfhearted attempt since it doesn't address the fact it still takes too long to get out what in some cases amounts to a Stage 3. You actually have to cap the efficacy of EXs.
>>
I tried out the online game last night. I bought a RS pack from the online stpre. Am I able to trade these?? Idk how the market works desu
>>
Has Alolan Raichu and Lycanroc been revealed yet? I see Pokémon: Sun & Moon Trainer Kit -Lycanroc & Alolan Raichu up for pre-order at where I usually buy my stuff and was just wondering if we already know how those cards are, or if there is info on this trainer kit anywhere?

And in general do we already know all the cards from The Sun and Moon expansion and the Strenghtening expansion?
>>
>>31559203
If you buy them from the shop they are gonna be trade locked

>>31559266
check pokebeach
>>
>>31559445
I follow Pokebeach and haven't heard about those things yet. hmmhmm..
>>
>>31559203
Only packs redeemed from IRL code cards (every pack/box has a code card in it for redemption online) and things you get out of them are tradable. If you have no interest in the real cards, you can buy a box (36 packs, total 360 cards) set of codes for $8-$20 depending on the pack, with ancient origins and roaring skies being the more expensive ones.

Basically, if you ever want to compete at the same level as good players, you need to spend money or be just incredibly fucking lucky to get the multiples of each card you need.

Until you've got a decent deck I just recommend playing with themedecks. Building a deck from the noob cards you get for free is miserable since pkmn EX are so good and you don't have any. At least in themedeck mode your opponents are using the same gimpy decks you have access to.

Anyways, the vs seeker was a pretty nice nice draw. You'll need 4 of those for any big boy deck. Keep dropping coins into RS packs and hope for the god draw of a shaymin, that's the dream. If you buy packs it's usually better to trade them for individual cards unless you want to try your luck.
>>
How does this look for a M-Amphy decklist? Part of me wants to build a deck now, another part of me just wants to build up S/M cards and play4fun until September gives us a slightly more level playing field, though I suppose when the rotation hits I can modify it and have an expanded deck.

* 2 Shaymin-EX
* 4 Ampharos-EX
* 3 M Ampharos-EX
* 3 Pikachu
* 3 Raichu XY
* 1 Hoopa-EX

* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 VS Seeker
* 4 Sky Field
* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 3 Ampharos Spirit Link
* 2 Lysandre
* 4 N
* 3 Mega Turbo
* 2 Switch
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady

* 8 Lightning Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy
>>
>>31559741
Nice list, but I would drop a center lady for a 4th mega turbo, and swap a switch for an escape rope.
>>
>>31560132
Good ideas. Really wish they at least let you do the 'test deck' function with decks you don't own. It's not like letting you play a deck against AI for no rewards would hurt their profitability or anything and it'd give me an idea of how the deck flows.

speaking of which the AI in this game is fucking retarded, absolutely never switches. I just made one deck himself because he had some retarded 2nd stages on his bench that would have swept my shit. Just parked a Snorlax in front of one of his basics with a retreat cost of 1 and hit done 30 times.
>>
>>31559741

You should meme with Electrodes and Ace Trainer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFomg473_g

>these decks
>Shermans hand

jesus christ at least give them real decks to pretend-play with
>>
>>31560320
Ah, it's the two famous meta decks: Mega Charizard Y with Persian, Breloom, and Fighting Energy vs. Mega Mewtwo Y with Chespin, Eevee, Training Center, and Red Card.

The depth of these two Expanded format decks is too deep for a novice such as myself.
>>
>>31560467
>>31560320

is it even surprising considering how 20 years after the TCG launched they're still building theme decks with 25 pokemon, pyramided evolutions, and of course including some random basic shitmons that have 3 stage lines, but not including their evolutions?

like I just don't get it, I'd understand if these theme decks offered fun gameplay that the meta shit didn't, but meta decks have always actually been fun to play in pokemon, the draw power makes the game really fast paced with those satisfying 'i just milled half of my deck and will now violate your boipucci' turns.

the only thing theme decks really offer are retard slap fights.
>>
>>31560554
Theme decks are mainly bought by children, of course there wouldn't be anything to speed the deck up or making it consistent, otherwise it'd be always be almost always sold out and none of the little kids will get it
>>
>>31559649
>Only packs redeemed from IRL code cards (every pack/box has a code card in it for redemption online) and things you get out of them are tradable.

>Basically, if you ever want to compete at the same level as good players, you need to spend money or be just incredibly fucking lucky to get the multiples of each card you need.

This is massively incorrect. Packs won from in-game tournaments are tradable, as are packs won from Daily Challenges at level 16 or higher.

You don't need to spend any IRL money to get a competitive deck in this game. Just learn to trade.
>>
Holy shit the sun and Moon elite box I preordered was shipped in priority mail
>>
Are there draw probability tables for the packs somewhere out there?
>>
>>31562378
From the YouTube vids I've seen not much of a good pullrate
>>
>>31562378
From what I've seen from booster box videos specifically, about 5 regular holos, 4 GX, 1 full art, and 1 SR. I did see at least one video with 2 full art pulls as well.
>>
>>31562378
They're garbage. Seems like all the SuMo sets are going to be like this too, putting a supremely desired secret rare in every set mixed with 10+ others and SR basic energies to boot.

At least these sets are guaranteed to retain value over time even if artificially.
>>
How many packs should I put up if i want to get 3 Xerneas (geomancy) and 2 Xerneas BREAK?
>>
>>31563101
I was actually wondering about the older sets, got a bunch of ROS/AO codes and I'm wondering what my odds are.

Pretty bad, I know, but I'd like to do the math.
>>
>>31563719

>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/37031-phantom-knight-trading-company/

Those prices are significantly inflated, but will give a rough estimate of values relative to other cards.

Maybe start by offering a couple of packs less than PKTC would charge and see if anyone excepts. If not, add another pack next time.
>>
>>31563831
>>31563719
http://www.ou7c4st.com/card-values.html
I was able to get 4 Steam Siege Xerneas for 1 BREAKPoint a couple of days ago, so it shouldn't be that bad. You could probably get a Xerneas BREAK for about 4 pack as well if you're willing to be patient.
>>
>>31559741
>>31563888

Worked out the numbers and apparently I need at least 80 packs to put this deck together, but 50+ of that is tied up in Shaymins. So annoying that they promote pack sales through putting rare but 100% mandatory cards in.
>>
>>31565010
> more than half of the pack budget on the shaymemes

I want the shaymeme to die already
>>
>>31565010
I think The Pokemon Company thought Shaymin would be popular but not 100% necessary to run multiples
>>
>>31565069
>>31565071
At least they will reprint it.
>>
>>31528823
How much would foil Wigglytuff be worth nowadays? I remember owning one way back in the day.
>>
>>31543592
Was a new newsletter sent out? Because I didn't get one.
>>
>>31565356
Couple hundred, depends on condition
>>
>>31565406
>tfw all my wigglies and scythers are beat to shit
>all of my gusts of wind are bent as fuck because I used to shout YOU'RE DEAD! and slam them on the table before wiggling things to death
>>
what is the best theme deck available in store?
>>
>>31565286
>reprinting Shaymin ex
good laugh m80
>>
>>31565998
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/01/roaring-skies-getting-another-print-run
>>
>>31566013
that's not a reprint
that's just putting more of the set on retail shelves
enjoy spending $50 on Shaymin ex instead of $60 before the card rotates in the fall
>>
>>31566037

when shaymeme fucks off what will take its play on the throne of cancer?
>>
>>31565889
Hoopa and Zygarde ones are decent.

I think the best theme deck to play in vs is probably the starter water or electric deck though. Just need any other theme deck to 4 star all of the trainer challenges.

Question: Does the Typhlosion meme deck still work? Seen some videos on it and it looks pretty funny and is pretty cheap to build. I'm tired of the retard slap fight of playing theme and I'm a ways off building a deck with Shaymin in terms of what value I have access to.
>>
>>31566053
depends if BREAKthrough rotates with everything else

if no, Octillery
if yes, everyone will go back to running a 4-3 or 4-4 Sycamore-N line-up as we did before ROS was released
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 214x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 214x264px
>still can't buy pokecoins
>>
Ok I want to buy a shitload of booster codes. Which ones are best to buy in bulk (don't say roaring skies).
>>
>>31566188
roaring skies are about twice as expensive to buy codes for in bulk but in practice i find they aren't quite worth twice as much as other packs, especially when you're trading for cheaper cards.
>>
Just got back from my sun and moon prerelease. I got the passimian promo and a lunala GX. everyone around me puling hyper rares, secret rares or multiple GX. but rip for the guy that got the bruxish promo and a dragonite holo thats it. got another one tomorrow so i hope i get better stuff
>>
>>31559649
>>31561512
Cool ty guys! I actually play IRL so I was just confused about how the trade system worked. Maybe I'll start cracking packs for fun at game stores so I can slowly build up online.
>>
>>31566457

OK good luck anon. Just remember that on PTCGO packs are currency, so it's usually better to trade any non-locked packs rather than opening them.
>>
>>31566505
oh hm, that's pretty smart. My LGS sells single code cards for $1 so it might be smart to just buy those and trade for specific cards?
>>
>>31566542
>$1 per

nope, you can buy them in bulk, an entire booster box worth for $10-20.
>>
>>31544272
>Every card is better than the original except Electabuzz because it was op in the original set
lol
>>
>>31566635
as shit as le epic skymin meme card is, it's still not as bad as the base set meta where everyone was running 4 hitmonchan 4 electabuzz, 4 fucking base set computer search, ect.

Fossil was fun though. opened up some room for other decks. Still remember walking into a card shop in Levenworth, WA and buying 4 fossil packs while on vacation, getting back to the hotel room and finding a wigglytuff in them.
>>
>>31566873
>buying 4 fossil packs while on vacation, getting back to the hotel room and finding a wigglytuff in them
I have the exact same memory except it was zapdos not wigglytuff. I still vividly remember that night because my dad also fell between 2 beds they had pushed together and he woke us up yelling for help
>>
File: shit.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
1MB, 1366x768px
What can I do to make it better? This is my first deck, so I don't have shaymins. This is supposed to help me get there.
>>
>>31567319
I didn't realise it clipped at the bottom. It's 4x Sycamore, 2x Float Stone, 3x Burning Energy, 1x Colorless Energy, and 8x basic fire
>>
>>31567319
You don't need the Ninetales. You should have 4 Seeker and 4 Ultra Ball. Swap the Elixir for a second Letter and the Evosoda for a second Escape Rope
>>
>>31567319
You dont need ninetales. Drop evosoda for Heavy Ball.
>>
>>31567357
>>31567360
Why no Ninetales? It's really hard to get juices flowing if they keep discarding my own stadium for there's.
>>
>>31567409
Because they can play Hex Maniac or Garbodor anyway and besides your stadium ain't really game changing anyway. If you value your stadium just play four copies of it and never play it unless you know you're going to use it.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.