[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man-Made Pokemon, new Type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: TechIC_Big.png (759B, 48x16px) Image search: [Google]
TechIC_Big.png
759B, 48x16px
What do you guys think?

I did not want it to be a blatant substitute for Steel type, but there certainly some overlapings.

I wanted to keep it ambiguous enough, basically a type that encompasses anything technological or artificially created.

Tech Type!

Weak to Ice, because of "computer" Freeze
Weak to Ghost, because of technology "possession."

Resistant to Electric, because ????
Resistant to Poison, because non-organic. But you can have synthetic organic beings such as Mewtwo.

Supereffective against Fairy, because Fairies hate technology, or basically because artificial its the opposite of nature.
Supereffective against Steel, because ????

Feel free to add your own personal insights.
>>
File: NewType.jpg (337KB, 806x942px) Image search: [Google]
NewType.jpg
337KB, 806x942px
>>31528644
Here are some examples of pokemon.
>>
>Weak to Ice
You have absolutely no idea how what you call "technology" works.
>>
>>31528709
throw your phone into a bucket of ice water and let me know how that goes
>>
>>31528709
>Implying Pokemon weaknesses make absolutely 100% sense
>>
>>31528726
Water is what fries the circuits, not low temperatures, you uncultured ameriswine.
>>
>>31528766
Ice probably was included for balancing purposes. It doesn't have to make sense.
>Rocks kill birds, but Bullets don't
>>
>Weak to Bug because Tech is famously plagued with them (in a non literal sense)

A Tech (or Cyber) type of any kind to represent Synthetics is long overdue, and anything to shaft fairy is fine by me
>>
File: Silvally.png (534KB, 670x669px) Image search: [Google]
Silvally.png
534KB, 670x669px
>>31528652
Type Null and Silvally also fall into the Synth cathegory
>>
>>31528644
>>31528837
I would make Tech strong against Psychic, Ghost, Fairy and Dark, because science beats the supernatural.
>>
>>31528709
hey guys, techrax here, and today, I'm going to freeze an iPhone 6s
it's insane
>>
>>31528788
Bullets are just fast rocks, you dipshit
>>
>>31528991
Yet Steel is not super effective against Flying, you dipshit
>>
>>31528949
Dark has nothing to do with supernatural tho. It's about being shady and fighting dirty.
>>
>>31528949
dark is about being a bully and an asshole
>>
File: 1480463653026.jpg (54KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
1480463653026.jpg
54KB, 400x580px
>>31528644
Well, I prefer the name "Synth Type", but here is what I gotta say.

>Weak to Bug, Ice, and Ghost
>Resists Poison and Fairy
>SE towards Fairy and possibly Electric
>NVE towards Steel and Dragon
>>
>>31529003
I said bullets are rocks, not steel you fuckhead. Even cutting the bullshit, bullets are almost never made of steel. They're made of lead, brass, copper, and occasionally other materials for specialized rounds. Steel is not used for bird hunting on anywhere near a significant basis. In case you go there, steel isn't used in aerial combat either.

>m-muh steel is just generic metal!!!!
>birds are still murdered by swords and shit!!!!

Bullets, hammers, icepicks, drills, you fucking name it can kill most living things. Jackhammers kill the fuck out of concrete and small children. By that logic, almost everything should take at least neutral damage from steel. Why aren't normal types weak to steel? Bullets killed Old Yeller and MLK Jr. This board is for adults only, you frickin' homo.
>>
>>31529359
Point being, fucktard, pokemon types don't have to make 100% sense.

>board is for adults only
>pokemon

don't you feel special telling everybody how old you are?
>>
>>31529443
What's it like not having reading comprehension? Don't worry, you'll get better at it by the time you're done with 2nd grade.
>>
>>31529757

no u
>>
>>31529867
Well you're just stupid
>>
File: logicelemenal.png (145KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
logicelemenal.png
145KB, 250x318px
>>31528652
>>31528644

In Wildstar there are creatures made out of "logic" or information. I guess that would make up the nature of the Synthetic Type attacks.

To me Synthetic sort of falls in between psychic, electric and steel.
>>
>>31530432
That seems the most logical theme when it comes to Synth Type attacks.
>>
To add to that I invent Dino type. Dino would exist to nerf Tech(ever seen Jurassic Park?) and overlap with Dragon. Expect shitters like Meganium to become OU.
>>
The only type I have heard a good argument for is plastic or toy. But both would have to be weak to fire and Im not about giving fire ANOTHER strength offensively.
>>
Call it Cyber type and make the first Cyber gym leader/trial captain based on Barron.
>>
>>31529867
People on this board are complete retards
>>
>>31530853
Well that is not that far from an artificial type, given that plastic and toys are exclusively man made.
>>
>making a new type for a bunch of pokemon
good fucking thing you retards aren't in charge of game design
>>
File: verylow.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
verylow.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>31530841
>>31530911
>>31531086
>>
File: 1431639025888.jpg (22KB, 363x364px) Image search: [Google]
1431639025888.jpg
22KB, 363x364px
>>31531139
>a whole new fucking type for 8 (eight) pokemon is a good idea
lold upvote m'sir!
>>
>>31530926
I don't like the use of the word artificial, as its more of a process than and actual physical thing. Due to any single thing being capable of having an artificial form.

It's like you can have two things made of the same thing but one was created by man and the other by nature. Still made of the same stuff, so theoretically it should be weak to the same crap like Mewtwo's clone Pokemon (though, they were a bit stronger - that's not relevant to type).

I like the Toy or Plastic type because it locks it into one "element". Weak to fire, steel, rock, resists water (maybe even an immunity to water) etc.

Im also a bit 50/50 on the sound type thing people here seem to push in these threads. But that's not really relevant to this specific topic right now.

(also a note on the previously mentioned cyber type, this is why we have dual types. Could easily be electric/steel or in general electric/anything. The types we currently have each involve several sets of ideology to them. Example: Psychic isn't just telekinetic or telepathic, it's also cosmic/space, intelligence etc. A lot of types people make up can either be dual types or already exist in a single type.)
>>
>>31531186
When the Fairy type was introduced, they had only 23 of the existing 649 pokemon switch to Fairy, meaning they considered only 9 of those evo lines to be apt for a new typing.
When the Steel type was introduced, only 2 pokemon existed that would fill that cathegory.
When the Dark type was introduced, 0 pokemon had their types switched.

Point being, you don't fucking need existing pokemon to introduce a new type.

>8 pokemon in the image

Any non-retard would have realized the "Synth" type would apply to pokemon in the evolution lines making the total more than 8.
>>
>>31531247
I completely agree. It's hard to separate element and material, given that we have Types like the Psychic type or the Fighting type.

Artificial or Synthetic are just to act as a counterpoint to any "Natural" type, such as Grass or Fairy.
You could argue that Ghost or Steel fill in that cathegory but at the same time, you have steel pokemon represent minerals like Metagross or animals like Bastiodon.
>>
>>31531318
Well, gremlins were rumoured to rip apart plane engines, maybe OP was thinking something like that?
>>
>>31531521
You seem to be very knowledgeable on how the supposed behaviour and tastes of "things that are not real" work.
>>
>>31531547
>He actually believes fairies are real

Oh wait, you're doing that ebic meme XD where he's a fairy! lol
>>
>>31531572
No. >>31531521 Claims if gremlins and fairies were real they would have distinct personalities and individual tastes.

Well, they are not real hence we will never know.

What we do know is what fables and folklore tell about them, which by the way is the source of the whole "Iron kills fairies".
>>
>>31530841
Couldn't you just... use dragon?
>>
>>31531630
You're replying to me. I completely agree with you that they would have distinct personalities. lol But whatever

I don't know why my posts were deleted either...
>>
>>31531678
Yeah but we're talking about a "Type" so it falls under general traits.

As an example, a "Cat" type would hate water.
Sure there are cats in the real world that don't hate water and that are very happy to swim in it, but the vast majority does not appreciate being submerged.

So distinct personalities don't mean shit, basically.
>>
>>31531750
Fairies are sentient though. Cats behave on instinct, while fairies can reason, create, emote like humans. They would be accepted by humans.
>>
>>31531831
This. They would basically be another race of people
>>
>>31531891
>>31531831
ITT: faggots arguing over the personality of fairies
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>31531831
Not the fucking point.

As a Type Fairies share the same elemental weaknesses and advantages.
Their individual likings mean jack shit.

Technology and artificial creations are opposed to the natural world. Fairies being the embodiment of that natural world, it makes sense conceptually that the Types would be opposed.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.