[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In-game stories always emphasis the importance of building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: pokeprotags.jpg (92KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
pokeprotags.jpg
92KB, 600x424px
>In-game stories always emphasis the importance of building bonds with each individual pokemon
>Actual game is a eugenics sim that encourages tossing out baby pokemon that weren't blessed by RNG or cheating
>Can't use any of the pokemon you used on your journey without getting stomped

What kind of changes should be made to lessen the discrepancy between the spirit of the franchise and how the game is actually played without comprimising the meta?
>>
How about a mechanic where you can care for and pamper your Pokémon to make them love you and they return that affection by getting more crits, dodging attacks, curing themselves of status, and surviving lethal damage
>>
>>31526599
Can IVs. Make all hidden powers tutors hidden throughout the region.

>>31526642
>Stuff that only matters against NPCs

Problem solved.
>>
They should implement a method of being able to get ANY Pokemon to be perfect.
Like the old Super Training but it can affect all stats, abilities and natures.
I feel like being able to work hard on any Pokemon to make it perfect, even if it would take ages, would be better then the silly RNG egg grind.
>>
>>31526599
>Can't use any of the pokemon you used on your journey without getting stomped

Oh man, this.

ORAS was the first game I finished in a while and I was a little surprised my Pokes had god-awful IVs. I think the worst luck I ever had was my starter Greninja in X with 0 IVs in three stats.

I'd really like it if >>31526684 became a thing. I really have no desire to SR or inject.
>>
Nature changing when game freak
>>
>>31526682
>Can IVs
This. It's this fucking simple.
>>
>>31526803
You don't need to change natures. Just make it so natures only affect the speed of stat growth like usual, but without capping those with hindering natures early. Basically make it so they just affect the speed at which you EV train.
>>
Remove IVs.
Make each Pokemon have a higher chance of having certain natures, such as jolly and adamant being common for machop and modest being uncommon.
Pokemon no longer gain EVs from battling. They can only be gained through methods such as vitamins and super training. Super training can be done in certain facilities found in most cities, or in Pokemon centers.
>>
>>31526845
>Super training can be done in certain facilities found in most cities
Better yet make it so you can battle pokemon in these facilities that give EVs.
>>
>>31526599
>What kind of changes should be made to lessen the discrepancy between the spirit of the franchise and how the game is actually played without comprimising the meta?

Make IVs,HP type and Natures changeable after a certain happiness level.

Add a easy way to raise EVs that shows you interacting with your pokemon.Ex:To raise attack EVs you use boxing pads and your pokemon hits you.

Give a big catch rate boost based on happiness.

Make confusion/love ineffective against pokemons with max happiness.Apply this change to competitive for maximum lulz.
>>
Remove IVs.
Make a Nature Capsule that randomly changes your Pokemon's Nature to something beneficial (Adamant/Jolly for a Physical Attacker, for instance)
Add a way to acquire Egg Moves without Breeding that won't be canned in the next game.
Buff more shit.
Make a battle format where Sub-Legends are banned aside from Null and Silvally so the meta isn't Genies, Cresselia, UBs and Tapus all fucking day.
>>
>>31526829
It's not. Gamefreak's said that IVs are meant to simulate differences between Pokemon like how two puppies of the same breed have different behaviors.

The real answer is to implement hyper training except make the item requirement trivial and allow each IV to be customized as you see fit. So every Pokemon still has their "unique" IVs to satisfy Gamefreak's autism and can also be competitively viable.
>>
ITT: Karenfags

Not that I disagree. There's nothing wrong with gaps between casuals and serious players when it comes to any meta so long as they need to be bridged with actual skill. That's not the case here though and it sucks. Even worse are the people who put up with it like Verlisifag and act like their fundamentally a superior being for twiddling their thumbs for hours on the bike/autism box or bot farming. I don't like genning either but that sometimes feels like a tough position to hold.
>>
>>31527445
>Make a battle format where Sub-Legends are banned aside from Null and Silvally so the meta isn't Genies, Cresselia, UBs and Tapus all fucking day.
Jesus christ this
>>
>>31527459
I think a bit of realism can be sacrificed in a game where kids can roam about with fire breathing monsters if it comes with such cumbersome reprecussions. There isn't any real point. Can't they just come up with some other new ways to express individuality that don't have to do with battle?

Besides, all this does is create a specific "type" of pokemon (those with full IVs with maybe some 0s or Hidden Power specifications). Generally speaking, every Garchomp you see will probably be the same Jolly penta/hexa perfect as the last.

Another solution would be to have EV resetters as a standard staple like the Name Rater or Move Deleter. Shouldn't have to farm berries for months to reset one pokemon,
>>
>>31527405
>Make confusion/love ineffective against pokemons with max happiness.Apply this change to competitive for maximum lulz.

>Nerfing confusion again because of happiness
Why and how?
>>
>>31526599
They already added bottle caps. Just make them less restricted/limited.

Also I don't see the problem with retiring my starter after story mode and using its descendant competitively.
>>
It encourages bonding with the individual, so bond with your eugenic super weapons if you're too casual to use an in-game team seriously.
>>
>>31526599

Nuzlocke
>>
i dont mind ivs now with the bottlecaps, however if they make a return next game/gen they need to lower the lvl req to 50 or make a better way of reaching 100 other than grinding bewears
>>
>>31527459
Hyper training already has a trivial item requirement, since bottlecaps and FCC are insanely easy to farm.
Natures are now the biggest static thing preventing pokemon from being kept throughout the entire journey.
>>
>>31526642
Why did Refresh have to nix minigames?
>>
>>31530285
How the FUCK are you supposed to farm bottlecaps 'insanely easily'? I've gotten like...two.
And the bigger hurdle is being level 100 (and before you say the one restaurant, that requires ACQUIRING it, which either needs a shitload of things and finding someone with it OR having RNG grace you with it isntead of a fifth onestar piece of shit)
>>
>>31526893
Sounds good, but also make training bags available, including the reset bag. Maybe make it so you can buy the bags at the facilities.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.