[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We will never get another Pokemon movie as solid and thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: movie02_ss03.jpg (78KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
movie02_ss03.jpg
78KB, 578x327px
We will never get another Pokemon movie as solid and thought out as the movie 2000. It could've been better but damn. That was a peak.
>>
>>31525565
>>>/padt/
>>
Its called digimon
If you can let go of your fandom loyalty to the pokemon franchise and see them as properties with measurable quality you wouldn't look to pokemon for plot

Thats like pouring ketchup on everything to make your food red when there's dye specifically for that
>>
>>31525565
anything with the TR Trio in it is automatically golden.

>inb4 Dogasu pls
>>
>solid

Fuck off nostalgiashitter. The only actual good pokemon movie is the spell of unown.
>>
>>31525611
Right here
The failure of the pokemon anime is that its about animals in a setting where humans have a ton of screentime

Pokemon isn't like godzilla where theres scarcely an attempt at building the humans, its like Jurassic Park where the humans reactions to the creatures is the front of the plot

Pokemon insistently and poorly tries to have human characters without exploring the human aspect, Pokemon 3 is the only exception that comes to mind

Before anyone says it, XYZ sucked regardless if Ash won or lost or your shipping bullshit
>>
File: IMG_6710.jpg (102KB, 900x983px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6710.jpg
102KB, 900x983px
>>
>2000
>The Adventures Of Marty Stu
>solid
>>31525611
>M3
>Spoiled Brat Ruins Everything: The Movie
>good

The only good movie is, ironically, the movie centered around Lucario.
Destiny Deoxys is okay too but definitely not as good. I liked the Volcanion movie as well but it's way too generic.

But I think we can all agree that the Hoopa movie is the worst of them all.
>>
>>31525791
>Lucarmemeio

I'm gonna puke.
>>
>>31525791
>spoiled brat
>girl that lost both her fucking parents

Fucking memegarbage arguments
>>
>>31525565
pokemon spell of the (Dan Green) is best movie.
>>
>>31525565
Dumb ashimefags, can't you take this to your general
>>
>>31525833
>all her wishes will come true
>All she needed to say was "I want my mommy and daddy back"
>Instead she wishes for a giant crystal palace, and then wishes for a NEW father and a NEW mother as if she didn't care about her actual parents at all
>then when she gets confronted she throws a temper tantrum
>she wishes to be older with a team of Pokémon just for a meaningless battle with Misty
Spoiled.
Rotten.
>>
>>31525565
Pokemon 2000 is only good because of the nostalgia, also Legend Comes To Life was diamonds. The plot was pretty basic and meh, though.

Entei and Lucario movies are the best of the series imo.

>>31525791
>movie was supposed to contain nothing but crazy fights
>movie delivered nothing but crazy fights, fuck the plot

I was pretty delighted. I think worst movie would instead go to Diancie or Victini. Not sure about the Genesect one, I sincerely have never had any interest to watch it.
>>
>>31525878
>just wish for it, lol
>>
>>31525899
The problem is that it was obvious that the battle scenes were rewritten between the first trailer and the final version that aired in theaters, and it was disappointing comparatively. It kind of felt rushed, too. Arceus did fucking nothing. In the original trailer it was heavily implied that it was going to kick everybody's shit in and tell them to quit fucking around.
I agree that the Diancie and Victini movies were bad.

I honestly nearly forgot about the Genesect movie. It was actually really good, I recommend it.
>>
>>31525565
Isnt this the one where Lugia does nothing but get its ass handed to the whole time
>>
>>31525878
She's 5 dumbass. Kids may be pragmatic but they're sure as hell not practical
>>
>>31525948
>The problem is that it was obvious that the battle scenes were rewritten between the first trailer and the final version that aired in theaters

I mean, they've been at it forever. Zoroark movie's first trailer had a scene of Ho-Oh and Lugia fighting and, well.

Though I agree that the plot was a disgusting mess and anybody who watched it expecting otherwise might have had a hard time watching it.

>pre-movie special episode features some characters besides Mary and her brother, forgot the name
>movie doesn't even feature or recognize them at all, unless you count a quick zoomed-in scene enough to feature one of them

>"space is being distorted!" everyone screams
>Palkia just stares at the horizon amusing himself with the destruction of the tower
>it takes literally God to show up and fix this mess because the one who's in charge is autistic

>"I think grandpa would be proud"
>destroyed half of the city and put thousands of lives at risk

>It was actually really good, I recommend it.

Huh, I didn't expect that review. Now that you said it, I might give it a try sometime.
>>
Lugia talked
Psychic=/=Telepathic. Why the fuck would Lugia need to fucking talk, it was less interesting hearing him speak too after Mewtwo

None of these movies are actually good, not even for kids films
>>
>>31525565
>Pokemon 2000 is good

The bad guy let the Ash and co out of their cage even after all the shit they talked about him capturing the birds and then proceeded to fuck off to another room, leaving then to their own devices in the same room the birds were at.

Nolstalgiafags really need to rewatch their shit before they shitpost.
>>
File: pokemon_3.gif (923KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_3.gif
923KB, 500x375px
Am I the only one who thinks the Entei movie is massively overrated? I mean the animation quality was 10/10 compared to the shit it is today, but the plot itself was just attrocious, made worse by how boring everything was. Entei barely even put up a fight and was just a bland villain all things considered. Even Pokémon 4ever was better IMO.
>>
>>31526220
Everything people praise about the pokemon anime is inflated
Honestly if the best of the pokemon anime is "God tier" then what the fuck do you call the plethora of better children's fiction out there
>>
>>31525591
>If you can let go of your fandom loyalty to the pokemon franchise and see them as properties with measurable quality you wouldn't look to pokemon for plot

This is the most autistic post I've read today. Congrats, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>31526247
Between the two of them? Pokemon has the worst plot

Among all of fiction why the fuck are you watching either for plot
>>
I liked the first and third more than the second. I enjoyed Destiny Deoxys too, for what it was. The Darkrai, Giratina and Lucario ones were alright. I'd like to rewatch Heroes and 4ever and see how I like them now.

The next movie could be cool, the remake one. And I'd love a movie in the style of the SM anime.
>>
>>31525565
No, in fact i believe that "run from one island to the other while fucking nothing happens and Lugia is useless until the very end" is one of the worst Pokemon movies, together with Diancie, Jirachi and Manaphy.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.