[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it just me or did unova feel really small?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Unova_2.png (106KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Unova_2.png
106KB, 250x164px
is it just me or did unova feel really small?
>>
It's just you
>>
>>31523778
/thread
>>
Unova 1 was small

Unova 2 was fine
>>
B/W Unova felt pretty small. Felt like I was in the towns more than I was out actually exploring.
>>
>>31523810
It was because that game rushed you through the gyms like a motherfucker.

played like 2 hours and already had 6 badges. it was railroaded bullshit loaded with tight narrative and some shit NPC always obstructing the everliving fuck out of you.
BW2 took a step back from that thankfully.

Unova is boring now. New region soon hopefully . In the meantime I'll be playing Prism and check out the meme regions there.
>>
>>31523762
>>31523778
>>31523810
>>31524975
The regions are all executed in different ways.

The reason Unova feels small (to me at least) is because, while it has plenty of locations, most off it's routes are incredibly short. The major length between towns comes from the bridges.

It's also why you feel you're spending most time in town.
>>
>>31523762
Honestly, it felt like one of the biggest regions to me.
>>
>>31523762
it's literally my mom's circle
>>
>>31523762
Alola feels really fucking small.
>>
>>31525100
That one just is small. It's Kanto level small.
>>
>>31525105
>It's Kanto level small.

Makes sense.
>>
anybody else fucking hate the urban shitholes of these games? they only stress me out. it's like real life.

Black City sucks and Castelia City even more.
>>
>>31525177
Don't you dare insult Black city music, that shit was my jam.
>>
>>31523762
From the starting town, going through two towns with normal sized routes between them, to the forest, two the huge bridge, then the huge city, then the huge desert is what you have to go through just to get to 4th Gym. Then comes the whole circle, which is twice of what you've already been through.
Unova was huge. Much bigger than all regions before it. It just didn't have a lot of backtracking, so you went through it relatively fast.
>>
>>31525257
Unova was not bigger than Sinnoh.

And every region has a lot to go through before the 4th gym, which is halfway into the game.
>>
>>31525304
But the area after that is relatively small. In Sinnoh, after you get to Maylene, and the only big routes left are the foggy one and snowy one, and Mount Coronet.
In Unova, after 4th Gym, you have all of the left side, along with Chargestone cave and a smaller Mountain and Snowy routes of its own.
>>
>>31525304
Sinnoh was smaller, anon. It was just slower, and you had to backtrack a lot, so it felt bigger than it was.
>>
>>31525304
Unova is far bigger than Sinnoh. The difference is that Sinnoh had a higher variance in route sizes so you would either get really small ones or really long ones.
>>
I haven't brought any Pokemon forward since I moved from Gen 3 to Gen 4 but the Bank update finally pushed me to bring things forward from Gen IV. Jesus Christ, the Transfer Lab's music is awful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LS--cHVjJk
Why was Gen V so shitty?
>>
>>31525393
This, all the fucking backtracking makes Sinnoh feel way more than it actually is, having to go through that mountain a shitton of times helped its 'length' most.
>>
>>31525432
Because GF finally got around to making an game with sone effort and genwunners weren't used to quality. That's why it appears shit.
>>
>>31525432
>>31525470
No, that music really is shit. I like most of Unova's tracks, but holy fuck this was shit. Mostly because of how random it was. It followed almost no pattern.
>>
>>31525489
>babbys first glitch
Yeah, I guess it sounds random if you only listen to top-chart pop
>>
>>31525489
>It followed almost no pattern.
You should probably listen to that music dude.
>>
>>31525516
Yeah, glitch sounds are cool and all, but they're not pleasant to listen to if done this way. It takes too long to get even some simple repetition. It's mostly random beeps and boops completely unrelated to the last one for the first minute. That sounds shit. Shit enough to make hears bleed.
>>
>>31525393
>>31525426
I'd argue that Unova feels bigger but is actually smaller.

A large part of the size comes from the 5 bridges that are really long and have nothing substantial to them or around them

Also, the Entralink that takes up a large chunk of it.

>>31525354
You forgot all of the Battle Zone?
>>
>>31525574
>16 seconds of fast question and answer phrases is random beeps and boops.

This is why we'll never get a better gen than gen5.
>>
>>31525660
Unova is literally bigger.
The bridges certainly add to things however but it's that route consistency that makes it feel smaller.
>>
>>31525755
Are we talking traversable area or just pure size? Because long bridges with water you cant go on and a giant hole in the middle of the region do nothing to help it's size when it comes to traversable area.

I suppose the large amount of empty space in the region makes it bigger in the end.

I actually like Unova a lot more than Sinnoh, but I'd hesitate to call it bigger in every sense.
>>
>>31525851
It's still bigger than than any previous region if you take out all of the bridges, as they add little anyway. The area where they check your badges before entering Victory Road in Unova is larger than the route to Victory Road from Sunyshore in Sinnoh.
>>
>>31525851
Traversable anon.
You never tried exploring Unova did you.
>>
>>31525851
>Because long bridges with water you cant go on and a giant hole in the middle of the region do nothing to help it's size when it comes to traversable area.
You do realise that the map isn't 1:1 right? Nor does it shows everything in Unova that you can traverse.
>>
>>31525884
Not really. It has 23 routes, and since Unova has generally smaller routes (18 in BW), and since the routes are generally small, that doesnt and up giving us much. It has the most towns but that's pretty much it. I'd say Hoenn is a better region to compare Unova to in size than Sinnoh. Sinnoh has a lot of locations, really long routes, the complex Mt Coronet and the Battle Zone.

>>31525914
It's the best region, of course I explored all of it. If it's traversable then I disagree even more.
>>
>>31525081
>>31523762
>Unova is a circle with a line to south-east
>Kalos is a circle with a line to south
>Melemele is a circle
>Ulala is a circle where the ends don't even connect
>Akala could be good without the constant roadblocks
>Poni is the best one, but still way too small.
How can we get 3 worst regions in a row?
>>
>>31525949
>and since Unova has generally smaller routes
Sinnoh generally had smaller routes anon. Coupled with the backtracking and the fact that they were spread out they had an illusion of being larger.
>>
>>31525979
You mean 2. Unova is essentially the region we should have had to begin with.
>>
>>31525998
>Sinnoh generally had smaller routes
What? No, dude.
>>
>>31525979
Akala is the best one. Poni is tiny and has nothing. Melemele is a circle, but a completely explorable one ruined by cutscenes, and Ula Ula is just chopped up barely explorable shite
>>
>>31526028
There are a few that are abnormally long like the snow route but other than that they were smaller by quite a bit. Again half of the illusion cane from the backtracking and possibly the speed.
>>
>>31525979
Did you know? People actually like these circles. They make it feel like the whole place is connected. So if you actually hate them, tough luck, because we'll be having more of these.
>>
>>31526050
>abnormally long like the snow route

intentional. Sinnoh looks like a triangle after all.
>>
>>31526513
If each generation had a shape that marked Pokémon from it like the Kalos pentagon, Alola Cross and Kanto Game Boy, Sinnoh would be a triangle.
>>
>>31526044
Yeah but I liked the level jump, wilderness and lack of towns.

>>31526134
Tell me how Kanto, Johto (to less extent), Hoenn and Sinnoh were not connected?
>>
>>31525100
alola is small. routes are short, towns are small with a lot of buildings you cannot enter and the caves and such are small too.
>>
>>31525979
Poni is terrible, you can't even access half the island until after you beat the E4 and then it's only 3 routes and a cave. It's boring.
And it has the smallest dex of any island.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.