[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No National Dex on SUN MOON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 21

File: ifn.png (105KB, 287x176px) Image search: [Google]
ifn.png
105KB, 287x176px
No National Dex on SUN MOON
>>
Utility of a National Dex in every game:
>>
File: 1463161038331.png (86KB, 233x272px) Image search: [Google]
1463161038331.png
86KB, 233x272px
>believing GF would patch the national dex in
>>
I'm guessing no National Dex reward either? As well as locked megastones and pretty much no move tutors. wowie
>>
>>31520012
>tutors on the first gen game
sure
>>
>>31520031
Why are GF such jews?
>>
>>31520012
SM's third version, any DP remakes or qhatever comes next this gen isn't going to fix that, is it?
>>
>>31519059

Of course

There's going to be a second game

The real question is whether it'll be a redo, a sequel or Sinnoh/Kanto remakes
>>
>>31520042

There's no reason SM didn't have a national dex outside being rushed

They have no excuse next game
>>
>>31519059
So, how does it work? Do transfered pokemon just not show up on the pokedex at all?
>>
>>31519059
What's the point of island scan/poke transfer
>>
>>31520061

>Kanto remakes

>except you choose between Lillie or Gladion
>>
>>31520041
na man, they just know how business works
>>
>>31520080

yes. They also have a blank space under their name in menus. You can see this with greninja and island scan pokemon
>>
>>31520080

It's the same situation as Island Scan pokemon
>>
>>31519082
Not needing to pay for something you used to get free.
>>
>>31520098
Gladion already is trainer and have a team. Is stupid thinking a game where you are Gladion in Kanto
>>
>>31520078
They never have a good excuse for removing most things.
>>
>>31519059
>WHAAAAAA
>WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THAT ONE THING THAT NEVER LET US FINISH OUR DEXES
quit whining already, nobody cares about the national dex
>>
>>31520173
XD
>>
>>31520098
Gladion's starter is Type:Null and Lilly's is Cosmog.
>>
>>31520173
Nothing kept you from being a regional dex shitter before, anon. Nothing would change now. You're not forced to play with the big boys.

Also,

>not catching them all

You know what this means.
>>
>>31520217
How the fuck do you play through the game with only a cosmog

Besides both of them evolved before lillie left for kanto anyway
>>
>>31520279
>catch a pidgey in Route 1
>>
File: Wat.gif (2MB, 317x235px) Image search: [Google]
Wat.gif
2MB, 317x235px
>>31519059
>mfw
What?!
No national dex or mega stones???
>>
>>31522339
You're an idiot if you expected either.
>>
Welcome to nearly three months ago, fucktard. Now shit up and be glad the stupid thing even came out on time.
>>
File: CmwzPPYXgAAbPMB.jpg (6KB, 236x190px) Image search: [Google]
CmwzPPYXgAAbPMB.jpg
6KB, 236x190px
>>31520173
whoa, keep talking that way friend, you'll get banned. i mean, you do wanna catch them all, right?
>>
>>31522503
If you really believed that, you wouldn't need to worry about the flavor text nobody ever reads.
>>
File: farfetch.gif (490KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
farfetch.gif
490KB, 500x375px
>>31522437
Yeah because expecting basic essentials from the previous games to be patched to Sun and Moon seems a bit Farfetch`d.
>>
>>31519059

They don't want you to have to catch 802 fucking Pokémon in one game to get the Shiny Charm anymore. That's tedious and ridiculous, the number of Pokémon is too large now, there will never be another National Dex in-game again, mark my words.
>>
>>31522339
HERE... SAK A KOK
>>
>>31522563
>basic essentials

Which is why it was consistently left out of the initial releases of each generation until Gen 6, right?

XY spoiled you fucks.
>>
>>31519082
>the game now literally cannot even track your progress towards catching them all and give you encouragement and recognition when you do
>you actually defend this
pokemon is dead
>>
>>31520078
Actually, there is a good excuse

"Shit we've got over 800 Pokemon how do we keep from overwhelming new fans?"

It's way easier to maintain a complete dex if you've been with the series for a long time, and since the bulk of their fanbase aren't obsessed to the point of having multiple living dexes for the hell of it, it makes a lot of sense
>>
>>31522580
I was starting to worry no one got that referance, thx anon
>>
honestly I believe this is about the updated dex entries

they did all the new guys, they redid like 220 old ones, then they said fuck it
>>
>>31522529
>not reading every single pokedex entry as you fill them
>not looking forward to the national pokedex on account of the fact that the rotomdex opens up automatically on evolution and trades, not just on wild pokemon catches
wow, it's like you don't even want to catch them all

the japanese have truly surpassed the jew
>>
>>31522600
>needing the game to kiss your ass when you make that accomplishment instead of motivating yourself like a well-adjusted human being

It sure is when we have lazy bums like you passing yourselves off as trainers.
>>
they finally put in all the missing pokemon and yall find some dumb shit to complain about
>>
>>31522642
why don't you create a living itemdex too because it's literally the same thing now with no in-game recognition
>>
There really is no excuse for there not being a national Pokedex. People who disagree are drones.
>>
>>31522639
>caring about useless flavor text

It's just a glorified checklist. Always has been, always will be.
>>
>>31522652
>not having a national pokedex for the first time since RS
>stupid shit
>>
>>31522656
Why do you need recognition so badly? Is it because you feel ashamed of spending the time and effort of catching them all without the game sucking your dick for it?
>>
>>31522657
There will always be people who defend less content. Always.
>>
>>31522659
pokemon are just glorified clunks of data, may as well just not catch them all and say you did. the game couldn't care less either way
>>
MUH FANCY CHECKLIST
>>
>>31522617
Just to play devils advocate they kinda did that by making the shiny charm available with just the in game dex
>>
>>31522657
There's not really much reason to have a huge-ass fuckyou if you don't have gen 6 games
>>
>>31522671
why do you need to justify game freak removing core features so badly?
>>
>>31522666
Actually, it's the first time there's been no national pokedex ever, period. RS still had it, it was just locked until you traded with the rest of gen 3. it was still coded in, in sun moon it's entirely absent and would need a patch, a patch that's not going to be made
>>
File: 1467607552201.jpg (115KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1467607552201.jpg
115KB, 569x428px
>>31522652
I like to call it progressive criticism.
Just pointing out what the game need to become perfect.
>>
>>31522674
And clearly you don't care either way. Shouldn't that be the reason to catch them all, instead of a worthless diploma or a few lines of ass-kissing?

You kids have no motivation, you know. If you really sought to catch them all, you wouldn't care about recognition for it. You'd just catch them.
>>
>>31522690
>Core features
>When it's still accessible as part of Bank

I'm sorry, is the fact that you need two.minutes to boot up another program for your worthless flavor text too much to handle?
>>
>>31522710
>you kids
I'm 26 years old, chances are you're not any older because you just lap up whatever shit you're given

why not have no pokedex at all? it's just stupid flavor text, right?
>>
>>31522723
you're right, the pokedex is just fucking dumb and should be removed. it should be a part of pokemon bank only, and require $5 a year

the rotomdex is clearly gamefreak scraping the bottom of the barrel, they should admit that the dex is an outdated concept that needs to be removed
>>
>>31522656
...I may have done that before...
>>
>>31522732
Nice reply desu. If you can't chuck out 5$, you can always use websites.
>>
>>31522725
The only use of the Dex is to show which Pokémon you've yet to catch that are available in the game, and the regional Dex does that just fine. The national Dex is literal bragging rights only, with no purpose beyond that.

>>31522732
>Being a poorfag who doesn't even have 5 dollars

Shouldn't you be dumpster diving instead of posting on 4chan, peasant? Even welfare money is more than enough to pay for that.
>>
>>31522751
>The only use of the Dex is to show which Pokémon you've yet to catch that are available in the game
so the reason for a national pokdex in all the games before now was...?
>>
>>31522751
how old are you, honestly?
>>
>>31522723
Erm, the dex in Bank doesn't have the flavour text
>>
>>31522751
I bought both sun and moon collector's edition and the new 3DSXL design, I can pay $5 a year if I want to

but I also don't think you should have to use a subscription program that's eventually going to be shutdown anyway just to use a feature that until now was a core aspect of the franchise and what inspired its original slogan
>>
>>31522723
There is no flavour text, you moron.

Face it, you're defending a bad practice by a company. People like you are why season passes and pre-order DLC exist.
>>
>>31522767
the exact reason he just listed?
>>
Wow, I'm so glad I decided to skip Sun/Moon. GF really rushed this game and it's a cluster. Let me know when Sinnoh or Kanto get their remakes.
>>
>>31522767
Bragging rights, dumbass. Why else would they give it to you knowing the only way to actually fill it was to buy every game in the series, have multiple systems to play them so you could trade them to each successive game in turn, and get something whose actual worth was nearly non-existent compared to the work it took to get it? There's a reason why so many people who sought to fill their Dex gave up and just injected- even the worst autists have their limits.

>>31522774
Old enough to have played the Gen 1 games when they first came out. But what does that matter to you?

>>31522795
That slogan never took into account there being nearly a thousand different Pokémon. The fact it was dropped after Gen 3 should've been a sign, and this is just their way of admitting they can't
expect anyone to catch em all anymore.
>>
>>31522808
the point is he's imposing his own definition of what the pokedex is for onto it, which he solely came up with just now for this argument in order to defend game freak

it was obviously not just to show the pokemon available to catch in the game, because in all games since GS, it showed more than just the pokemon available within the game. in fact, if you count trading with the counterpart game that was never, ever the purpose
>>
>>31522818
FRLG not good enough for you now? You Kantofags don't need a re-remake, it's been shoved in our faces long enough.

I'd be ecstatic if they never did another remake again.
>>
>>31522824
>Old enough to have played the Gen 1 games when they first came out. But what does that matter to you?
because you act like a self-important 20 year old who doesn't realize how cringy he is yet, you could have been 3 or 4 or 5 playing those games for all I know
>>
>>31522818
Sun Moon is great

Who literally cares about the national dex
>>
>>31522838
yes, it showed stuff you couldn't get, so the point is what
>>
>>31522824
>and get something whose actual worth was nearly non-existent
applies to every video game outside of prize competitions and professional streaming. this is a video game board so leave
>>
>>31522838
And did you never wonder why it was never unlocked until postgame despite being able to trade Pokémon in the national Dex over earlier? If it was really "core", you wouldn't need to unlock it in the first place and everything in the National Dex would be available ingame, as opposed to transferring it all every generation.

>>31522855
So I sound just like you then.
>>
>>31519059
They don't even have it on bank like they promised. Fucking Gamefreak.
>>
>>31522875
So in that case, if you wanted to catch them all the national Dex wouldn't make a difference at all. Good to know you're just lazy and lacking in motivation then.
>>
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon-bank/

"When Pokémon Bank is updated to support Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, it will also gain a new Pokédex feature."
>>
>>31522882
>So I sound just like you then.
>literally "no u"
I'll take the fact that you won't just state your age as evidence that I'm right

next time don't call people kids when your brain isn't even fully developed yet
>>
>>31522904
Yes, Pokemon Bank will. Not Sun Moon. And it did, you can sync your Pokedex now.
>>
>>31522885
Press Y you fucking retard
>>
>>31522907
Same as yours, if you must know. Though that doesn't explain why you need a pat on the back to do something you ought to be doing anyway.

If you don't go into the game planning to catch them all regardless of any reward, you shouldn't be playing it.
>>
>>31522943
Pressing it, nothing is happening. The bank lady is just staring at me.
>>
>>31522949
gyms/trials/the equivalent being a requirement to become champion and complete the story should be scrapped entirely, because if you really wanted the achievement you would go to each individually in order of level before advancing. actually needing the game to tell you when you can advance means you lack motivation.
>>
>>31522959
You haven't updated then.
>>
>>31522959
You got egg on your face, that's why she's staring at you.
>>
Sun/Moon is an experiment game to see if they faze out certain elements that we've gotten used to. But they've failed b/c they created a shitty and flawed game that got hacked 1 week before launch.
>>
How does the National Dex work? If I transfer a Bulbasaur to Sun and evolve it to Venusaur does it add Ivysaur's data or will I need to quit out and connect to bank before I get to the third form? I know how the Pokédex works in REGULAR situations but since Sun has no VISIBLE marker of having seen Ivysaur I am a little worried of losing the data.
>>
>>31519082
Because knowing what pokemon you've caught is so irrelevant.
>>
>>31522652
>Defending an incomplete game
>>
>>31522975
Yes I did, transferred my living dex to Sun, but no option to look at the dex. The menu goes like this, Use Pokemon bank, Learn about Pokemon bank, View your support ID number, and Poke transporter downloaded. No other option to choose.
>>
>>31522723
>Please, nintendo, remove battles with other players in the next game!
>>
>>31523008
Have you tried using the Pokémon Bank?
>>
>no Sun/Moon dex entries for non-Alola mons

Lazy as fuck.
>>
>>31523008
Go into the box and push Y, it's not on the main menu.
>>
>>31522973
Idiots need to be coddled because their money is too precious to give up, so that part will stay.

Though perhaps you've forgotten that at least in Gen 1 it was possible to do gyms out of order. I know I did Saffron Gym before Celadon because the anime made me think that was the correct order.

>>31522991
>What is the regional Dex, which has he advantage of not listing unobtainable Pokémon

Put bluntly, all the Pokémon featured in Island scan should've just been in the Alola Dex. That way nobody would delude themselves into thinking the Dex that lists almost entirely unobtainable Pokémon was a necessity.

>>31523008
Then you're doing something wrong, it worked just fine when I did it.
>>
>>31523020
>Strawmanning this hard to defend flavor text

Does it stop you from transferring? No? Then what the hell is the problem?
>>
>>31523030
yes, you can do that in more than one gen.

but you always need all the badges to become champion. this is coddling and needs to be removed. if you really want to become champion, you'll complete all gyms without being asked to

there is literally no reason for there to be an in-game system restricting you, it's just unneeded check that game freak shouldn't bother with
>>
I didn't pay any attention to the Gen VI events, am I fucked on Diancie Hoopa and Volcanion for now?
>>
>>31522818
Kanto already has a remake dipshit
>>
I like how it unlocks the dex entries for the other versions automatically. I would've thought you needed to transfer them to read the info.
>>
>>31523064
It doesn't have a 3D remake. Ideally, it should be remade for every new system. But they had to cop out with the virtual console version instead.
>>
>>31523055
Then said retards will demand refunds for the game because "hero derp too hard lol".

But that has nothing to do with why you're dependent on getting a reward in order to catch em all.
>>
>>31523099
It doesn't need a 3D remake. FRLG does the job just fine.
>>
>>31523099
>It should be remade for every new system

Ladies and gentlemen, the infinite entitlement of Genwunners. The series should distance itself from those fucking fossils ASAP, it'll never go anywhere pandering to you lot.
>>
Got my dex entries for XY ORAS SM, I thought it would also show dex entries from my downloaded Yellow version though, bummer.
>>
>>31523102
the living pokedex has no actual reward and yet I've built two independent ones, without transferring from previous generations except when absolutely necessary because there are no other methods. at one point I wanted to have an independent living pokedex built entirely within each generation, because each generation has different methods for catching each pokemon, and so I considered getting them from other generations cheating. for example, feebas is much easier to get in gen5+.

there were also literally no rewards for completing the pokedex outside a certificate before B2W2

but the inspiration for a living pokedex that comes from the pokedex itself. it's simply more fun to be able to track your progress and have an entry for each pokemon. removing this does nothing but take fun away. you are literally defending the removal of a feature that has been present in EVERY SINGLE GAME until now, maybe you should stop being a faggot and realize that some people playing pokemon enjoyed that feature

but instead you have to create this whole ad-hoc argument about how people who like the pokedex don't have enough motivation, which you never would have thought of arguing if they didn't remove it in the first place. this all falls down to you sucking game freak dick and not liking that people are finding fault with the new game
>>
also, I play pokemon in japanese recently, because I'm learning it. and the pokedex entries are some of the more difficult things to read because they can mention all sorts of things, but that makes them interesting

if I catch a pokemon, I can read their entry. if there are no entries then all I can do is read their katakana name and a bunch of stock statistics that I've read 500 times before. truly fun
>>
>>31523166
I have my complaints with it but I but I didn't expect perfection and I sure don't let the absence of one thing completely ruin it for me like it did for you. And I do enjoy the Pokédexfeature- it just happens that I can live without it because I don't expect every game to be a fucking masterpiece and the total number of QoL and gameplay refinements outweigh the shit that was lost.

I'd rather suck their dicks than actively despise the games we've been playing for years. If you don't like it, just shut the fuck up and stop playing it. I can't be blamed for your buyer's remorse and you can't make me hate the game just because you want me to.
>>
>>31523221
>completely ruin it for me like it did for you
I have 130 hours played on sun, who said I let it completely ruin it for me?

it's fucking stupid all the same
>>
>>31522989
don't worry, Ivysaur will be marked as seen, like starters from Island Scan
>>
>>31523231
The way you were ranting sure fooled me, since you made it sound like the deal breaker to end all deal breakers. But as long as you don't willingly blind yourself to the game's good points...

Me, I think they decided each game having its own national Dex wouldn't be practical anymore because of how massive it would be. In a couple of gens, there may not even be enough box space for a living Dex to work.

GF simply didn't anticipate this many Pokémon existing when the National Dex was first made. It would have been good if they did, but I doubt they thought the series would go on this long.
>>
>>31523311
the pokedex can't get too big to add because it's just a basic system with a bunch of strings for each pokemon. it's a tiny, tiny, insignificant cost in comparison to actually adding each pokemon to the game. once the pokedex system itself is made it's basically a copy paste job

they could have simply put it in and made it unlockable by obtaining a pokemon outside the alola dex, like in RS.

even just copying all the old descriptions over would be better than leaving them out
>>
>>31523416
Perhaps, but they've made their decision and weren't not in a position to change it. When are we ever in that position, really? It's their series, they can do want they want with it.

The most you can do is hope they reconsider next gen or learn how to get used to it. Given their track record on these things, I strongly suggest the latter so you don't keep setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>31523043
Because by defending GF removing content because of laziness, you also approve of it. GF is a lazy as fuck company, we all know this. If they don't hear serious outcry for something like this, they will just not bother including other shit in the future.
>>
>>31520142
What do you need to pay?
>>
According to this thread, i should be forced to transfer and pay for bank just to fill a checklist.

I don't know what's worse, this board or GF.
>>
File: bitching bear.png (112KB, 338x310px) Image search: [Google]
bitching bear.png
112KB, 338x310px
>100 fucking dollars for the Batman Fighting Simulator
>5 fucking dollars for a gimped National Dex
What company will do stupid DLC shit next?
>>
>>31520173
>>31522575
>>31522617
>>31519059
It's funny, before this happened, people said that there would never be paid DLC for Pokemon and then this happens
>>
>>31522594
What? The National Dex is available in each game since RS.
>>
Wait, so the national dex wasn't patched into the game after all? Jesus christ thank god I pirated this shit.
>>
>>31522575
> Shiny charm and National Dex MUST be tied to eachother

You can give the charm for completing the regional dex and include a national dex for catching them all anon.
>>
>>31522652
>Put in all the missing pokemon
>still missing mega stones for half the megas

whoops
>>
>>31522685
This is not Devils advocate it is just plain correct.

>>31522686
If you feel the game is looking down on you because you don't care to buy the other games and catch all the Pokemon you have a problem
>>
>>31522594
>a basic af formula game with some bells and whistles spoiled us
Nah man, pokemon could be much better than any game we've ever had, but they know they don't need to.
>>
>>31522666
RS had a national dex dude. Try sending some mon from FRLG and Emerald that you couldn't get in RS.

Basically SM is the first game without it and there's no excuse especially since XY could achieve it with the burden of modelling 700+ mon.
>>
>>31525099
Paid DLC?
>>
File: Squirtle Agast reaction.jpg (18KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
Squirtle Agast reaction.jpg
18KB, 251x251px
>124 replies
>46 posters
>people in this thread literally advocating for the removal of the national dex and mega-evos
wew lads
>>
>>31522788
>>31522801
There is but only for mon in SM. However you can also see the other dex entries from the gen 6 games.

It would do you two some good to use something before you complain about it.
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (63KB, 640x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
63KB, 640x365px
Reminder that all the peoplr spewing "b-but muh gotta catch em all" are fags that are too retarded to realize that that was only the slogan in the US up until Gen 3 and referenced occasionally later. The Japanese slogan has consistently been "Everyone get Pokémon!" which has jack shit nothing to do with catching every Pokémon or including a National Dex.
I've obtained all 801 legal Pokémon. I even once tried to catch a glitchmon in Emerald. And a different one in Diamond and Pearl.
I still couldn't give a single shit if they keep the National Dex in Bank. You couldn't complete it without Bank anyway unless you're a scrub that uses the GTS.
Pic related.

No, I'm not defending the lack of Megastones. It's dumb. Shocking, I know, but you can have a complex opinion that depends on the situation and details. Clearly that's a foreign concept to you people.
>>
>>31523556
Bank suscription
>>
>>31520078
Since they decided to integrate the Nat Dex in PokeBank, you all shouldn't have hopes anymore that's coming back in the games. It's reality, everyone's already accepting it with the exeption of this place, of course.
>>
>>31525720
> If I say everyone then it will make my statement true
>>
>>31525695
And what does this have to do with the Pokedex?
>>
>>31525694
Thank you, I never once bothered with the Nat Dex only until around the Shiny Charm was announced (that was the only reason to ever complete the Nat Dex, admit it). And now that you can get it simply by completing the regional dex, what's the point?
>>
File: 1484977639833.png (197KB, 755x680px) Image search: [Google]
1484977639833.png
197KB, 755x680px
>>31525738
Eh, wathever.
>>
File: Happy Quagsire.png (101KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Quagsire.png
101KB, 894x894px
>>31525752
The same reason that people do anything in Pokemon anon. Autism.
>>
>>31525746
You have to use bank at least once to access the boxes which is also how you access the dex.
If you haven't used it at all you won't be able to see the dex.
>>
>>31525772
Heh, true. It kinda worries me do that there really are people out there that probably made both a living dex and a shiny living dex, both for male and female Not that I wouldn't congrat them, but I would still ask what about all that lost time?
>>
File: 59768226_p3_master1200.jpg (773KB, 1151x1200px) Image search: [Google]
59768226_p3_master1200.jpg
773KB, 1151x1200px
>>31520078
>They have no excuse next game
>yeah XY was rushed and with no postgame but give them a bone, things will be better, they have no excuse next game
>yeah ORAS was rushed and with no postgame, not even frontier, well, they'll spend more time so they have no excuse next game
>yeah SM has no postgame, not all the megas and not a national dex

>They have no excuse next game

Took me too long to realize that everyone here grasp on their hopes for something they want while Gamefreak seems to don't care about what you want. Why are you doing this?
>>
>>31525859
human nature anon, but when you lay it out like that it seems like they are cutting more and more.
>>
>>31522617
That's true. I've seen a bunch of normies saying that this is the first time where they completed a dex because it wasn't overwhelming
>>
>>31525890
Nothing wrong with giving the shiny charm for finishing the relevant gens dex. that's fine.

They shouldn't take the national dex away though.
>>
>>31525890
That's because they aren't actually completing the dex. Most likely they just did it for one island and that's it.
>>
>people ITT defending lack of national dex

Cancer.
>>
>>31526021
They're genwunners that just jumped back in. What do you expect?
>>
>>31525694
Finally, someone with a brain that isn't just pulling the "BAWW RUSHED SHIT, FUCK YOU GF" card without the fucking slightest amount of rational thought involved. You'd think that half the people on /vp/ are going out of their way to find reasons to hate the games simply because they can't stop living in the past.
>>
File: Angry bird.png (2MB, 1217x663px) Image search: [Google]
Angry bird.png
2MB, 1217x663px
>>31525869
They are and I don't know why people are eating this up and giving excuses for this. When we got low content and couldn't catch them all in RS, the series almost died and Gamefreak had to make some effort not only to fix that with 5 games, if I'm not mistaken, but to make sure people had stuff to do after finishing the games (Battle Frontier mainly idea was to bring more people together, like your friends and family to help you out on strategies and to beat it). Even in Gen 4 when they introduced online we still had it. I'm not talking just about Frontier, it's just the easiest example to use.

Now they're doing this and it seems like it's fine for everyone. What the fuck?
>>
>>31526062
>the series almost died

Bullshit. If it looked that way, it's because the fad was fading away in America just like any other fad. It stopped being "cool", so why would anyone beyond the diehards play it?

Even /vp/ spends countless threads sucking Gen 3's cock, so you can't even say that RS ruined it for them.
>>
>>31526062
>Battle Frontier mainly idea was to bring more people together, like your friends and family to help you out on strategies and to beat it

You're literally the only person who thinks this, and the BF was always overrated.
>>
>>31526062
There's too many Pokémon.
National dex was a fun aspire a few generations ago, I even completed it in Diamond, but now it's 801.
>>
>>31526104
If anything there's not enough. Especially now that transferring is extremely quick and easy.
Not to mention those that are making living dexes.
>>
>>31526104
And that number will keep going up.

It was good while it lasted and it shall be missed, but you really ought to do the smart thing and learn to accept that it'll be in Bank from now on.

>>31526131
Says someone who probably spent years getting them all, as opposed to the little kids who probably never even owned a GBA. Have some empathy for the intended audience.
>>
>>31526062
>When we got low content and couldn't catch them all in RS, the series almost died
You do know that RS had more content than GSC right? By quite a large margin in fact.
Also the fad began to die when they delayed GSC on numerous occasions which caused a knock on effect on both the anime which was in filler hell post indigo and most of johto and merch in general leading to a death of it mid gen 2 with 3 slightly reigniting that interest.

I swear, you kids can never remember things correctly.
>>
>>31526195
It's the old farts who can't remember correctly, the kids just accept it for what it is and actually try to be mature about it.
>>
>>31526149
>Says someone who probably spent years getting them all
Actually I only started with gen 5 because there was a legitimate incentive.
And I would have some empathy for the kids if
1) they actually wanted to complete the dex because as it stands no matter what GF does it's not something they strive for
2) if they didn't have so much at their disposal to finish it with. I mean, since the addition of online it's incredibly easy to complete the dex within the best part of a few days
>>
>>31526062
The franchise has only grown with every subsequent release. You (and I) got older and less interested/had less time for the games so it feels like the series slowed down after that point. It feels like no one is up in arms because of the couple dozen people here same-fagging saying it's fine and the general lack of community and response from devs in the Pokemon franchise
>>
>>31526205
>the kids just accept it for what it is
Let's be honest here, the kids here run completely on memes. Acceptance and truth is a totally foreign concept.
>>
>>31526021
But THEY didn't care about it ,anon, so why should you?
>>
>>31526082
m8 after finishing RS I asked myself what was left to do. The result was emulating FRLG and actually trying to get the closest of a full pokédex on it.

People love Gen 3 now because everyone played, but they played on later years, and not when things were rough. I did not played at that time either but I can realize that.

>>31526097
I read that from a Platinum interview. I think it was from this interview, but the page is fucked up. On any other interview, they talk about how Battle Frontier is the ultimate place for battles, because it's all different from what trainers are used to and it adds depth to the game.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/694081/Junichi-Masuda--Takeshi-Kawachimaru-Talk-Pokemon-Platinum-Particle-Physics-Bridges-And-More.html

>>31526104
I tried in Diamond after trying in FRLG, and I realized that it was impossible anyways. I only finished the pokédex last gen, in ORAS. It wasn't hard, especially with the online system connecting everything together.

There's no excuse. If you're killing this aspect because the franchise is getting older, then a part of it is dying too.

>>31526195
Yeah, people dropped the series before. But the ones that stayed on gen 3 had to stick with RS and buy the next games or drop. Disappointment was also a factor. In the end of gen 3 and beginning of gen 4 that people got more interested again.

>>31526278
I got older, but I spend it more time in Gen 6 than I ever did on pokémon before. I clocked +2000 hours between my multiple saves. Easily. It was the gen that I could do everything that I couldn't before and I did.
>>
>>31526278
Or because they happen to be willing to accept some unfortunate removals in exchange for the series surviving, jackass. And the devs have never been responsive in the history of the fucking series. Why would they start now?
>couple dozen people samefagging

The fact it's that many should tell you something. Probably that you're either selectively ignoring all the other people bitching ,or that you have to learn to stop setting your expectations so high.
>>
File: 1484704220957.jpg (41KB, 487x435px) Image search: [Google]
1484704220957.jpg
41KB, 487x435px
>>31519059
>people PAID for this kusoge
>>
>>31522671
Because some poor fucking child picked this up as his first game and he gets jack shit for completing the goal.
>>
>>31519059
>on
What the fuck has happened to the english language?

kill yourself
>>
>>31526331
>a part of it is dying too

The weariness of the cell is the vigor of the organism. It's a small price to pay to ensure the series keeps going. I bet people will also complain in Gen 8 when the Poke Finder also gets cut.
>>
>>31526331
>and not when things were rough.
There were no rough times anon. Unlike now people who played pokemon played pokemon with very little complaints. Even the lack of transfers weren't a breaking point at the time.
>>
I like no national dex. Needing to catch 800+ pokemon all over again to get the shiny charm and diploma would be a bitch. This is an incentive for people to complete the game.
>>
File: 1483569069013.png (37KB, 447x244px) Image search: [Google]
1483569069013.png
37KB, 447x244px
>>31526337
>>31526376
>series surviving
>ensure the series keeps going

Is this real life? How does the national dex get in the way of that, at all? It's completely optional. If you feel like it's too much, then don't fucking do it.

You're really defending this, jesus christ.
>>
>>31526422
They're going on a less is more kind of thought train I guess but what they don't understand is that it only applies to literature.
For video games more options and content is always better than less simply because it can satisfy a multitude of players.

Of course that's speaking generally.
>>
>>31526422
Agreed, vp has gone to the deep end of shilling.
Also why try to keep the series alive if all it's gonna be in the next coming years is more of this shit?
I can imagine next game there is no pokedex and everyone will say it was better because now they don't have to worry about reaching 1000 pokemon with no way of keeping track anymore.
>>
>>31526422
>>31526460

It doesn't, but it's nowhere near as vital as you believe it to be. You're really blowing this out of proportion and you're too stubborn to realize it.

Did you cry when the Pokethelon was taken out too, or are you just looking for reasons to hate the series?

>>31526455
"More" also means "more expensive", "more likely to be delayed", and every bit as likely for you faggots to attack it over the stupidest things. I'm convinced you go into every single game looking for reasons to hate it. It must be painful to not like anything at all, I'm sure.
>>
>>31526323
>but THEY didn't care about it

Who? The alolasomes that don't care about this or the many other removed features that were present in previous games? Or are you talking about GF, that knows people will keep buying the games as long as they keep introducing something nice in every new game (only to remove it later, oh and with the exchange of a bunch of good stuff that the previous games had of course) or just pandering to genwunners?

Thankfully I'm not falling for it again (fool me once with XY, shame on GF. Fool me twice with SM, shame on me). I'm not buying the Gen 8 games unless they happen to be a masterpiece in every way imaginable.
>>
>>31526460
Why insist on killing the series you love? Do you want to keep playing the same three games over and over again?
>>
>>31526491
Just leave the board then and join up with /vr/, they could use another burnt out oldfag unable to find pleasure form anything new.
>>
>>31526477
Anon, what's the point of pokemon.
"To catch them all", right?
Here's a thought how am I to know if I caught them all without something telling me I've done so.
inb4 You need something to tell you that
Yeah I do because like most people on /vp/ or even like most casual players people sometimes forget certain pokemon even existed. For example, Beheeyem which I forgot even existed until a tournament mentioned it's name.
>>
>>31526496
Wouldn't have to, if GF had an inkling of creativity to make some games which don't have to entice me with new pokemon to buy it.
For example, why don't they make a Jurassic Park like game with fossil pokemon like that one rom hack did, that'd be one way to use old pokemon in a creative way without having to create a complex story( which they can't write) and create a cool world for the player to explore.
>>
>>31519082
being a game about collecting monsters
>>
>>31526517
See>>31526517 and stop buying into advertising slogans like an idiot.

>>31526535
No, that's retarded and nobody wants to play a game with only Pokémon we've gotten before thousands of times. Except the fags who bought the remakes anyway, but they're idiots.
>>
>>31526455
>>31526460
They don't even have a point. If you do it for the rewards, fine, they already lowered the requirement by giving you the charms earlier. No reason to remove the actual full dex.
I see a lot of talk about rewards but I couldn't give any less of a fuck about a charm of diploma. I completed the Nat. Dex for its own sake, because I like filling it and seeing all the entries and shit. You know, like it's always been.

>>31526477
>or are you just looking for reasons to hate the series?
And this is the crux of the problem. /vp/ has gone so deep into bitching and contrarian attitudes that now a "GF Defense Force" has formed, meaning that any criticism implies you hate the series and are never buying another installment.
No, dumbfuck, I'm not looking for reasons to hate the series. I loved S/M. Doesn't mean it has no flaws and that I should eat shit and like it. And the removal of a series staple feature, especially when that translates to zero positive gain for the series as a whole IS something deserving of criticism.
National dex has always been completely optional. Not including it is pure laziness, and people who enjoyed it are rightfully upset. Nothing about the feature alienated new players, and I'm just baffled as to why anyone would claim otherwise, outside of trying to find an excuse for the devs out of blind loyalty.
>>
>>31526477
>"more expensive", "more likely to be delayed"
Yes and?
A delay is nothing to whine about and a slightly more expensive game is literally not a factor for one of the most lucrative gaming franchises on the planet.
Hell on their current state they could afford to triple their workforce and that's from only owning a third of the franchise.
Also the reason why we're complaining is because of you people enabling gamefreak's lazy practices.
>>
>>31526514
No argument as usual? Just same old "y-you just don't like anything!!" shit? How predictable.
>>
>>31526376
Masuda's reason for Frontier being out of ORAS is that most of this era audience would not appreciate, would be busy with other stuff and straight up not doing. Frontier would've been perfect in Gen 6 since it's easy to get competitive pokémon sets.

How long until he applies this to other, more important features?

Just to be clear, one of my main problems with SM is the lack of content to do, because almost everything was done in XYORAS. You can't expect people to breed all over again when they have no point too. It's the main reason why people wanted their Gen 6 and older pokémon back.
>>
>>31526577
Because I have yet to hear you say a single positive thing about the game, and so I don't believe you even like SM. How can you say you love it even while you're calling it shit?

I was disappointed by its removal too, but as I said I can live with it instead of being a big baby about it. If they include it against, good. If not, that's just how life is. Either way, you can't control it so why bother raging?

>>31526603
Delays are what killed Pokémon in the US for years (see also: Gen 2). Further delays will hit then even worse because you people have zero patience.

>>31526609
Not like your argument is anything more than an appeal to tradition. Do you want one-use TMs and undeletable HMs back too?
>>
File: 1481117205241.jpg (673KB, 1347x918px) Image search: [Google]
1481117205241.jpg
673KB, 1347x918px
>>31519082
>game about capturing all the monsters
>game only Keep a track of 90
>'well why would you want to keep track of the rest anyway?'
>IN A GAME ABOUT CATCHING THEM ALL
A N G E R Y
>>
>>31526647
They'd be right. I know I got sick of gimmicks and the AI having the brain of a bug within a few hours. What's the point of all those modes when the same team can crush them all and the game has to cheat just to win?

They can bring it back when the AI can use actual strategy, or at least demonstrate the ability to switch out as needed. Until the, I'd rather battle something with a functioning brain.
>>
>>31526680
>How can you say you love it even while you're calling it shit?
I never did that, but sure, ignore the actual argument. I'm surprised you haven't used the word "hater" yet, impressive restraint.

Also, there's "not being a big baby" and not complaining on a taiwanese forum about it, and there's the other baffling alternative of actually defending this shit and calling it a positive.
>>
>>31526763
This. National dex removal isn't the worst thing.
But ultimately GF not doing it, is just incompetent and lazy as fuck showing how little the care about the franchise as a whole.

I mean seriously how long can it take to just port over the national dex from ORAS and claim it's SM's.
>>
Drones will always be drones, no matter the game, as if (insert game company here) will praise them for sucking up to them for their shit practices. It's kinda sad really.
>>
>>31526763
If you haven't noticed, refusing to call it the spawn of Satan while asking people to be reasonable and defending it are two different things.

>I should eat shit and like it
Sounds like you're calling it shit there to me. How about thinking about what it did right so your mind doesn't lose the capacity for positivity?

>>31526788
Or because once again the third version will add it as usual because the first two games always end up gimped by comparison. It's been that way since Gen 2 for fucks sake.
>>
>>31526680
>Further delays will hit then even worse because you people have zero patience.
Are you being serious right now?
To counter my post saying delays aren't an issue you call me impatient.
What.

What kind of hard drugs are you doing for that to make sense?
>>
>>31526834
"Third version"
Yeah like we got in Pokemon Z.
Oh, no wait that didn't happen because GF stopped making those to fix games and decided instead to make more remakes.
>>
File: tantantan.gif (735KB, 445x400px) Image search: [Google]
tantantan.gif
735KB, 445x400px
>>31526731
The main reason why the hardcore players say Platinum/HGSS/BW2 are the best games is because they improved on what was established before.

If Masuda and Gamefreak are right then there's no point in complaining about features being removed over time instead of being revised and improved. And I really don't want this to be right, because if it is, players might as well stop looking for quality content on the newer games and start playing the older games instead. If the older games can give a better experience than the new ones, something is wrong.
>>
File: ohwell.jpg (8KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
ohwell.jpg
8KB, 300x196px
>>31526680
I didn't know that wanting the games to be good again like pre-gen 6 was an appeal to tradition. No, I don't want one-use TM's/permanent HM's back. I want NPC encounter themes back, I want trainer rematches back, I want actual postgame back... and among many other things that you seem to conveniently forget while typing in your sorry excuses.
>>
>>31526837
You're beyond two standard deviations.
I'm not calling you impatient, I'm calling humanity on average impatient.
You're irrelevant in the grand scheme.
>>
File: f93.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
f93.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>31526871
>This post
>>
>>31526871
You don't have a very good grasp of English do you.

>because you people have zero patience.
Do you see this part of your post? You're grouping me into those impatient people by your use of 'you' in this context.
>>
>>31526816
Anti-drones are just as bad because they can't imagine a game being good without it also being flawless. And they never shut up about how nothing ever lives up to their unrealistic expectations.

>>31526861
Which ironically /vp/ itself was most in favor of. You got what you wished for.

>>31526864
I don't like removals. I never did. But if they add even one thing in for each thing removed, I can be content.

>If the older games can give a better experience than the new ones, something is wrong.

Subjective. The old games feel like a semi-playable mess to me, and I wonder how anyone can say they aged well when features taken for granted (e.g. physical special split, Psychic types not being unstoppable) don't even exist. But that's just me.
>>
File: GF.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GF.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>31526834
If you haven't noticed, this thread is filled with the latter, even claiming it "alienated new players" and dumb shit like that.

>Sounds like you're calling it shit there to me
Your lack of reading comprehension is at fault here, then. "The shit the game throws at you", is that better? Not that it matters, as you read what you want to read,, because any criticism of the games implies I hate it.

>How about thinking about what it did right so your mind doesn't lose the capacity for positivity?
Because this isn't the thread for it? Do I have to preface my posts with a checklist of everything I enjoyed about the game before I'm even allowed to criticize anything about it? Nice job proving me right.

Pic related, literally you.
>>
"gotta catch em all" was the english slogan. in jewhon its something like "i got one"
oak laments about not catching them all. im not sure any of the other professors do...
>>
>>31526939
>But if they add even one thing in for each thing removed, I can be content.
Are you really that autistic that your views of things are this black and white? Not everything is created equally hell that's why people were pissed at the gen 4 frontier when it was first revealed. It was literally worse than the original in just about every way.

Anyway you're basically saying we should accept new things as good just because they're new instead of judging then by what they do
>>
>>31526921
That was the generalized you, referring to the world.
>>
>>31526939
Anon, removing a feature and giving you another one does not redeem the removal of the feature.
That's like saying I killed your mother, but here have some lady who can act as your Mom, doesn't that make you feel better. No it doesn't.

And no, removing a feature which was perfectly fine like dexnav in favor of the shit Rotom dex does not make it better. Not at all.
>>
>>31526991
Then you say "most people are impatient" not "you people" which is referring to both the person you're talking you and any like minded people.

Understand?
>>
>>31526970
There's a difference between that and giving every impression you went in specifically looking for faults to find. One cannot be faulted for assuming the latter given how common that mindset is.

>The shit the game throws at you

Better, although I have found I am better at tolerating such things than most. I have my own complaints regarding the difficulty and the implementation of Hyper Training, but I know that the former has always been a thing in the series and that the latter was their first attempt, and I certainly don't expect either to change because I say something about it. That said, the national Dex removal is a very minor thing compared to some of the other shortcomings I noted, but even those did not significantly detract from my enjoyment of the game.
>>
>>31527027
It's an inconvenience, not a deal breaker.

Even if I am wrong, what's even the point of raging about it anyway? If it's for catharsis, I can tell you from experience in other things that it doesn't work, and nobody starts a thread like this actually expecting to change anybody's mind. It's a pointless waste of effort, and it definitely doesn't do shit to make the next hypothetical games better or worse since there no way in hell GF bothers to read all this crap.
>>
>>31527116
Then why are you even posting if you care so little?

>since there no way in hell GF bothers to read all this crap
Yes because other methods of communication don't exist in this world right?
>>
why arent more people upset you have to spend five bucks to access a feature? when the devs have said they WONT DO DLC
>>
>>31527076
>but even those did not significantly detract from my enjoyment of the game.
Fair enough, but then maybe realize that it did significantly detract from other people's enjoyment, and that they're angry for a reason. I don't expect them to do anything about it unless the blowback is THAT big, which I doubt, but I don't see anything wrong with coming on an internet forum to blow of steam. Hell, as disappointed as I was I wasn't even going to post in this thread until I realized there were people not only defending this, but claiming it's a positive. Not giving a fuck about it is one thing, but that's just incomprehensible to me.

As a personal side note, if GF expected to profit off of this decision with the bank, then I don't know what they were thinking, because without the Nat. Dex there's no reason at all for me to even transfer anything.
>>
>>31527137
Because I feel the compulsion to remind people that the national Dex's absence does not make the series ruined forever and because the other "defenders" are being willfully ignorant about the fact that the feature being gone is in fact bad. Not as bad as it's made out to be by some of the more histrionic folks, but bad nonetheless. I doubt I am the only one to take a moderate stance on this, but it sure seems that way now.

>>31527175
Acknowledged, even if I continue to think that what it did right outweighs what it did wrong. I've just found that "blowing off steam" just makes you angrier and more bitter in the long run; it fucks with your perspective and makes you forget or minimize the good parts. As much as I'd love to have (among other things) a BF with competent AI and fewer poorly explained gimmicks (Battle Palace, I'm looking at you here) and an AI whose strategies are more advanced than "use supereffective moves and try to sweep unless your moveset makes that outright impossible", I also know that due to shit like budgets, deadlines, and catering to stupid children who never got the chance to know features were ever removed to start with, GF can and will choose not to implement those things. It's simply part of being a peripheral audience and it will stay that way in the absence of a major demographic shift.

Think about it: as far as those kiddies know, the Alola Dex IS the National Dex now. Even if they were aware, they wouldn't be invested enough to actually try and complete the National Dex, let alone go for the BF or anything without instant gratification.
>>
>>31525774
proof please. I never used Bank and I can access the dex.
>>
>>31528534
Did you use the free trial?
>>
>>31528616
I'm pretty sure I didn't use it. I did download Bank early on though so it might've given it to me and I just couldn't use it because I didn't have anything to trade to.
>>
>>31522666
It is stupid shit that doesn't affect the game at all.
>HUURRR OH NO I CAN'T READ 2 SENTENCES ABOUT THESE POKEMON WHY EVEN PLAY??
>>
>>31529949
Funny, because if I say the same thing about walking pokémon this board loses its shit.
>>
Can you move your stored bp on bank to sun and moon????
>>
>>31530281
yes, you can also transfer pokemiles but I don't know if those are usable in SM
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.