[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vp/ feel about the end of roaming legendaries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1400289845354.jpg (86KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1400289845354.jpg
86KB, 640x512px
How does /vp/ feel about the end of roaming legendaries?
>>
>>31515970
Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>31515970
>the end of roaming legendaries?
We literally had them fucking last generation. Heck Necrozma is even a "mini-roaming" Legendary that's just confined to one area but works the exact same way.
>>
I liked them for what they were, but they were a little annoying. If they were implemented a little better it would be cool. Plus being able to randomly run into a legendary when you're 10 levels below it is very, very cool.
>>
>>31516009
that's how every ultra beast was. it was still kept in one area. roamers were moving constantly and they were fucking cancer.
...that being said i do miss them a little.
>>
>>31516009

Necrozma also doesn't run and doesn't have his PID said until you fight him so you can reset for nature/I.V's. Not being able to reset for them was always my biggest issue with them.
>>
>>31515986

this.
>>
They were fucking annoying but I kind of miss them. Oh well.
>>
XY did it perfectly with the legendary birds imo. You still have to chase them around but then you have a clean shot at trying to catch it properly (and soft resetting for nature/IVs if you want).
They should have done it in ORAS with the Lati duo and southern island as their final spot.
>>
>>31515970
Its one the few things I'm glad doesn't exist anymore. Don't have to save every 2 encounters encase I knock the legendary out.
>>
>>31516066
quite this
>>
>>31516009
>necrozma
>literally use a max repel and run until you encounter it
>>
>>31515970
>>31516009
I thank B2W2 for removing Roaming Legendaries forever.

B2W2 has Latios/Latias tracking but they only appear in different places in Dreamyard, then in the highest places you can catch them.

XY has the Legendary Birds but only one can appear andis heavily dependant on the Kalos Starter you picked and unlike Latios/Latias in B2W2 they are actually Roaming over all Kalos, but the battle ends before you select a move. This happens 10 times and in the 11th time you encounter them is in a place where you can catch them. Also unlike previous Roaming Legendaries the Nature isn't selected in the first encounter, instead when you battle them.

ORAS is the first game that didn't have any Roaming Legendary (We can consider Cresselia in Crescent Island as the closest thing to a Roaming Legendary).
>>
Feels good man. Rare footage of Game Freak wising up and havzing the good sense to shitcan a mechanic players fucking despised.
>>
I'm glad. They were fucking shit. Nowadays whenever I replay pre-BW2 games I use a cheat device for max capture rate when hunting down roamers because FUCK trying to capture them in regular Poke Balls to satisfy my OCD.
>>
>>31516335
Is that not how you ever faced a roaming legendary? If so, you're actually autistic.
>>
>>31516540
of course, but in the case of necrozma you don't have to bugger around getting it into the location, so it's not even a difficulty to encounter.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.