[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: xt1xZT3[1].png (133KB, 979x750px) Image search: [Google]
xt1xZT3[1].png
133KB, 979x750px
Well?
>>
Cosmic sounds fucking stupid. It's the same shit as Psychic and/or Fairy

Sound, while not a bad idea, should be move limited only. Think of the Dragon Type in the TCG, there are Dragon Pokémon, just no energy for them.

I think they should switch it around with Sound. Just make a Sound Type exclusive for moves.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>31513751
Cosmic is literally Psychic type. Stop forcing this meme
>>
There's no point to a sound type when sound is already a category of moves.
>>
>>31513751
Sound is ok, but cosmic is too redundant, both psychic and fairy already cover space stuff
>>
Minior, Silvally, and Cosmog line need to be added to that
>>
Reminder

Sound Type = Normal Type
>>
Fairy exists because it had a niche to fill (dragon slayer). What would Sound and Cosmic accomplish?
>>
>>31513783
TERRIBLE IDEA KILL YOURSELF
>>
>>31513820
Buff ice, bug, rock, and grass. Nerf fairy
>>
>>31513836
nah

retarded idea
>>
Both are fucking retarded type ideas, especially "Cosmic." Like what the fuck does that even mean? Things don't behave differently just because they're from space, and Psychic already encompasses le spooky mystical bullshit aspect of it anyway.
>>
>>31513751
Man I am Sound type fag, but that's stupid typing for some of those. Woobat is psychic for a reason.
>>
>>31513783
Move only means:
1) nothing gets stab naturally
2) protean/conversion either crash or break the rule.
>>
Sound isn't a bad idea, but Gen 6 making it so sound moves bypass Subs makes me doubt it'll happen.
>>
>>31513948
If dark gets around Prankster than why not?
>>
>>31513751
Cosmic type is literally just Psychic Type, which is why so many Psychic type Pokemon are also Cosmic type, its blatant overlap. Sun and Moon both having Psychic type box legends confirm this.

Sound is more like a subtype; its a property of a move, like pulse moves and the 'punches'. It's something that interacts with an Ability, not an element.
>>
Well, what options do we have left that aren't retarded. And what purpose would they bring?
Something that buffs Ice and nerfs Fairy would be nice, however, what type would even cover that logically?
>>
>>31514116
Cosmic
>>
>>31514116
Cyber type? Tech Type? Machine Type? I mean, we have steel yes, but not all mechanical things are made out of steel.

Apparently Fairies hate technology, and you could make it so Ice is effective against it.
>>
So why wouldnt PALKIA the pokemon that created and can warp space be on this list? Smh
>>
>>31513751
>Metagross, a very intelligent computer is Steel/Cosmic
>Solgaleo, a magical fucking lion from literally spaceon account of being the sun is Steel/Psychic
Welp
>>
>>31513751
>renamed Psychic
>renamed Normal
Kill yourself.
>>
>>31514372
>Spaceon

There you go
>>
>>31514205
Virtual-Tech type. Porygon as an example.

Fairies hate it and Ice is effective because computer "Freeze"
>>
>>31513751
>bear is normal/cosmic
>>
Sound should be in the game, imo. There can always make different special Normal attacks and they can easily make ways of using sound Physically (concussive bursts make sense to me, or they could always resort to making them attack with something that makes noise, or something.)

Cosmic is weird, but it could help to divide up the plethora of Psychic-types - especially Legendary and Mythical ones. We have too many pure Psychic-types already, anyway, and dividing them up like this (Space-themed vs actual Psychic abilities) could be useful.

Plus, this would bring the total number of types to 20. I wouldn't mind it, desu.
>>
anyone who unironically supports this tired meme is a literal autist and/or retard
>>
>>31513751
Darkrai has nothing to do with space though
>>
>>31513751
Psychic is already cosmic
>>
>>31513836
Reminder than that can be accomplished better by doing the following:
>Ice is resistant to Water and Flying
>Rock resists itself
>Bug is neutral to Fairy
>Grass resists Fairy
>>
>>31513751
>normal bear
>cosmic
>>
>>31514592
>Sound should be in the game, imo.

It already is in the game, just not as an elemental type. How the fuck is 'sound' even an element? Are sight, touch, taste, and smell elements now too?
>>
>>31514623
Darkrai was found on Newmoon island and is the counterpart to Cresselia, the Lunar Pokemon, found on Fullmoon Island
>>
>>31514628
YES MY SWEET, YES MY SWEETIE
>>
>>31513751
Pyschic is the ESP type in japan and all the space related pokemon are psychic because of cosmic energy and all that. Cosmic is redundant.
Sound is an attack property like how some move are contact based. Pretty much every pokemon makes sound, some are just louder than others. A sound type is pointless
>>
>>31514689
Is Bug? Fighting? Dragon? Flying? Your point is moot. In fact, the fact that it already exists as an asset of moves only lends credence to the idea of it becoming a type - it has precedence of affecting Pokémon in specific ways, just as types do.
>>
>>31513783
>what is double dragon energy
>>
>>31514755
Distinguishing between actual psychic powers and space-themed stuff would add more variety.

Also, many Pokémon can fly without being Flying-type, many moves make contact without being Fighting-type (including certain punching and kicking moves,) and Normal in itself is redundant as a type. This is no argument for not including Sound.
>>
>>31514437
rudefigs skedaddle back to /b/
>>
>>31514961
That's a good point. There are alot of pokemon that fly and aren't flying type.I don't see how sound is different
>>
>>31514525
I suppose that works, with a new type comes new pokemon so that also adds numbers to it.
But, only Porygon and Genesect could really be retyped into a "Cyber" type. If you wanna be technical, Rotom too.
>>
Cosmic is pointless, and already covered by multiple types.
Sound is a property of moves, not an element. It'd be like making a "contact" type, a "non contact" type, etc. Plus, while you could lazily shove stuff like Hyper Voice and Growl in a Sound type, what about more exclusive moves like Clanging Scales? You obviously wouldn't retype it, and it would be idiotic to have a Sound-based non-Sound move.
>>
Psychic=ESP, Zen, Magic
Cosmic=Space
I don't see whats wrong with separating them
>>
>>31515024
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: Hair type.png (56KB, 924x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Hair type.png
56KB, 924x1212px
I got tired of this joke, but here it is

HAIR TYPE
>>
>>31515077
If we go for Tech as in "Artificial" we could make even Mewtwo a Cyber type. Any artificial, man made pokemon would fall under that category.

That includes even Baltoy or Golurk.

Maybe instead of Tech or Cyber we could call it "Synthetic"?
>>
>>31515181
That's only become a problem in the last two gens or so with GF acknowledging Sound as a concept more than before. In gen V, there was no reason not to include a Sound type, more or less. With gen 6, they made Noivern, which is already 2 types and so made it more difficult to argue for its inclusion. And then there was Clanging Scales and Liquid Voice, which acknowledge Sound but treat it as a special snowflake category.
>>
>>31515229
who the fuck you talkin at boyyee
>>
File: Synths.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Synths.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>31515275
Synths? In my pokemon game?
>>
Cosmic is a terrible idea, how would you quantify the strengths/weaknesses?
>>
>>31515275
Heck, even Type: Null and Silvally fall in that category.
>>
>>31515348
Based on space? Resists Fire, Ground, Flying, weak to Electric, Psychic, Steel?
>>
>>31515275
So, Artificial type would be super effective against Fairy and weak to ice.

I suppose it could have interactions with the Electric, Steel, Ghost, Dark and Poison types?
>>
>>31514689
Bug is an element but Mammal, Fish, Reptile, Bird, and Cephalopod aren't??? Wtf I hate Pokemon now
>>
>>31515503
It could also be weak to ghost due to possession.
A simple resist against poison and electric is enough, poison due to it not being a true living being, thus not as effective.
Perhaps it could be weak to steel as well?
>>
>>31515595
So to recap.

Tech type would be:
Weak to Ice
Weak to Ghost

Resistant to Electric
Resistant to Poison

Super effective against Fairy

And I actually think, despite me loving the
type, that it should be super effective against steel too.
>>
>>31515756
Looks great, Synth Type would balance things out. A bit anyway.
>>
>>31515585
>Mammal
Normal

>Fish
Water

>Reptile
Dragon

>Bird
Flying

>Cephalopod
Bug
>>
>>31514961
>Is Bug? Fighting? Dragon? Flying?

Obviously, are you retarded?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.